Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Agreed. The whole trying to be the new 'Darth Vador' was BS. Stupid writing there. He mentioned his clones had 'the Force'? WTF??!! How the fuck would he achieve that? Did I miss something?
Lolz why would you create beings that would be more powerful than yourself that would be able to use the force in a way you could never have access to?

Like what sense does that make?

Clones in the Prequel trilogy made sense. They had inhibitor chips and didn't have a full life span.

Force Clones is dumb. I thought it was dumb (though better done) in the Force Unleashed games....but the idea of Force Clones in Mando under Moff Gideon's "control" was dumb as fuck....

Like what is he going to do if they said "naw....we ain't following that order."

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Lolz why would you create beings that would be more powerful than yourself that would be able to use the force in a way you could never have access to?

Like what sense does that make?

Clones in the Prequel trilogy made sense. They had inhibitor chips and didn't have a full life span.

Force Clones is dumb. I thought it was dumb (though better done) in the Force Unleashed games....but the idea of Force Clones in Mando under Moff Gideon's "control" was dumb as fuck....

Like what is he going to do if they said "naw....we ain't following that order."
if Gideon was following the emperor's program - his clones are only shells in waiting that he will tranfer his mind to

Legends_DarkEmpire_trilogy_cover-max1920-max1080.jpg

Filoni is currently building the "how" in Bad Batch series

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
if Gideon was following the emperor's program - his clones are only shells in waiting that he will tranfer his mind to

Legends_DarkEmpire_trilogy_cover-max1920-max1080.jpg

Filoni is currently building the "how" in Bad Batch series
That's a huge IF but if I recall, during the episode he mentioned that they would be used as a force or army. I don't think he was going to use these clones as "shells" nor did Gideon have the use of the force to transfer his essence or mind to.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Agreed. The whole trying to be the new 'Darth Vador' was BS. Stupid writing there. He mentioned his clones had 'the Force'? WTF??!! How the fuck would he achieve that? Did I miss something?

Edit: Never mind. That's why he wanted Grogu. To use his DNA and mix it with his clones. I guess he managed to do so.
no he said he failed

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
That's a huge IF but if I recall, during the episode he mentioned that they would be used as a force or army. I don't think he was going to use these clones as "shells" nor did Gideon have the use of the force to transfer his essence or mind to.
he said eventually maybe build an army - his primary was to his personal use

Last edited:

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
So what's next?
Mando goes back to being a mercenary and a bounty hunter just like season one. Now it's just him and grogu without filonis fan service guest stars. God episode, everything wrapped up neatly , great set up for the next season. I'm satisfied. Btw I'm glad the dark saber is gone, now give Mando his disintegrator rifle .

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Meanwhile, Disney baited/switched a bunch of Star Wars fans into thinking Finn would be the Main Character only to have him named by another character on some Kunta Kinte shit, following around a white girl, drinking pig water, screaming her name, being a sanitation worker instead of the Jedi we all thought he would be and getting friend zoned at the end.

All within one movie.

Its fuck that movie for life..

belly-rico.gif

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 3
Episode 8

Just finished watching the season finale this morning.

Din escaped and we got to see part of Moff Gideon’s plan with his clones. He revealed he had plans on artificially acquiring the Force for his Army.

The Mandalorian l’s regrouped and went on the offensive against Gideon’s Forces.

Gideon running around thinking he is some type of Sith Lord copying Vaders’ outfit and going one on one with Bo Katan. Grogu went up against the Praetorian guards and held his ground.

Din adopted Grogu in order to officially make him his apprentice.

The Mandalorian’s reclaimed their home world and re-ignited the Great Forge.

Din has decided to keep doing his bounty Hunter gig assisting the New Republic in the Outer Rim.

Overall, good season. Loved seeing the Mandalorian’s in full battle action. Good sequences showing Imperial Tie-fighters in action.

Also, it’s time for Pedro Pascal to do away with the helmet thing. The series has about 2 good seasons before coming to a end, it’s time for him to remove the helmet and put it on for battle scenes.

Looking forward to season 4 which should debut in 2025 leading us into the upcoming new Star Wars movies.

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
Also, it’s time for Pedro Pascal to do away with the helmet thing.
He will have to go through a faith crisis to remove it as he has sworn the resolnare and follows the way. It’s why Bo was so hesitant to remove her own after seeing the mythosaur and being deemed reborn (baptized if you will) by the Armorer. Even the Armorer understands you don’t need to keep it on, but it’s like going from Catholic to Protestant as an example. Same tenants but applied differently.

I say next season will be the last one. The Mandos will make appearances in other shows and in the movies (if the have sense). With other stories to tell like the Ghost crew, Cal Kestis and Asohka/Rex they have to move the needle in order to catch it all.

God-Of-War-420

Mr. Pool
Wh

Rebels is Disney though :puke:
Rebels is still done by feloni who's the only person left with any sense and did clone wars while still under George, it's not as good as Lucas star wars but better than 90% of the bs Disney keeps shitting out. Imo.

Either way star wars is dead, Luke's legacy was destroyed, Leia and Han were ruined, the original trilogy and prequels rendered useless to the new generation. Kathleen Kennedy is cancer.

Og star wars is memorable and quotable to this day, it changed pop culture. The new trilogy is already forgotten, I've never seen a single person quote a single line from the new trilogy(unless it's to ridicule them) they were random and full of plot holes bigger than Kathleen Kennedy's ego.

Fuck the mouse.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
The Mandalorian Season 4 Rumored to Become a Movie

Lucasfilm may have big plans for The Mandalorian season four, with rumors claiming they are pondering elevating it to the silver screen.

BY ALI VALLE
August 1, 2023

mandos3.jpg