Samsung Galaxy Note 10

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Xiaomi used this technology on their first Mi Mix phone a few years ago.
They no longer use it because users stated that they hated the fact that others could hear their conversations

tenor.gif

Obviously, it works for some but....nah.

I just don't understand how Samsung keeps taking two steps forward and one step back. They could easily be killing the market with a few tweaks.

Last edited:

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor
Same thing happened to me last year when I got the note 9.

They use the promotion to inflate pre-order numbers.

I contacted Samsung and they told me to delete the Samsung app and reinstall it and when I did the promotional offer was there. I still had to send them a pic of my paperwork showing I had ordered it before the cutoff date of August 23rd

But at times I find the unlock with fingerprint a lil slow. Compared to how quick I could open my Note 9 by hitting the home button. This is slower as MKBHD also noticed as well in his review. So I may rip the screen protector off once I get sick of it.

But face recognition does seem to be faster to unlock it.

I'm not Floss but this phone is a GO! Lol

For my phone fingerprint works at night...but not in the morning shits kinda weird. 2 times my fingerprint scanner malfunctioned. But I love this beast!! Can't wait till Zerolemon to put out a monster battery case for this. Could be 8000Mah or 10000Mah

I really prefer how fast my Note 9 opened when I touched the fingerprint on the back. This front, I'm wondering if their "screen protector" could be the culprit. Gotta watch the complaints online if any start to roll out or check YouTube as well if anyone is complaining about it.

Yeah this in display fingerprint scanner SUCKS!!!! I knew I wasn’t gonna like it because I was used to the rear scanner on my Note 8 where I could put my finger on the scanner while i was getting it out of my pocket and it would be open when I looked at it

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Hole on top of Galaxy Note 10 isn’t exactly a speaker, let us explain
We think we’ve figured out what that extra hole on top of the Galaxy Note 10 is for. No, there’s no dedicated speaker there, unlike what we had originally thought and despite what Samsung might suggest in the user manual. Nor is it an infrared sensor, although that was pretty easy to realize. But if it’s not a speaker (or an IR blaster), what is it? Well, it’s a hole to allow sound from the earpiece to escape the device now that the earpiece grille itself is so, so tiny that it may as well not be there.

Does that mean the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ use the earpiece as the second speaker for stereo sound along with the dedicated speaker at the bottom, like every previous Galaxy flagship with stereo speakers? Yes, that is indeed the case. With that extra hole on top of the phone, next to the SIM slot ejection hole, Samsung seems to have tried to address the limitation put forth by the considerably reduced bezels on its new flagships.

An extra hole for sound to escape the tiny earpiece grille

As you can see in the image above, the earpiece grille along the top edge of the Note 10/Note 10+ is extremely tiny, and the only way we even noticed it was when we realized Samsung’s bundled case has a cutout at the top so that it doesn’t cover the earpiece grille. In fact, the grille is so tiny that it’s nearly impossible to cover it with your hand in such a way that the sound from the earpiece speaker gets muffled.

And here’s the best part: The same is the case for the hole on top. Covering either this hole or the earpiece grille with a finger muffles the sound so slightly that it may not be muffled at all, and it’s only when you cover both the hole and grille at the same time do you manage to make a substantial difference. The sound still doesn’t get drowned completely, and it’s also very hard to cover both the hole on the top and the earpiece grille at the same time. Trust us, we’ve tried.

It’s a clever yet simple solution: Since Samsung didn’t have enough space for the earpiece grille, it just added another route for the sound to escape the device and reach your ears. Yes, you still don’t get the kind of balanced sound you’d get from two actual dedicated speakers, but Samsung has managed to make the smaller bezels a non-issue and the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ have the same stereo output as the Galaxy S10 lineup, which is pretty neat.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that there’s no second dedicated speaker on the Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+, or is it something you don’t care for as long as you get good stereo sound from the device?

https://www.sammobile.com/news/hole-on-top-of-galaxy-note-10-isnt-a-speaker-let-us-explain

pookie

BGOL Investor
Amazing phone, speed, camera, screen size. I’m glad I updated from my Note 8 but these are the things I didn’t like
in display fingerprint scanner, but i’m getting used to it
No notification indicator, one of the reasons I didn’t like my iPhone
Screen off button on the left side; I downloaded a screen off button and put it in middle of the screen

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
No notification indicator, one of the reasons I didn’t like my iPhone
Notifications are there. You gotta go thru the settings. The phone tries to optimize things and different apps, so on a new set up it will try to quiet any apps from using background data. I've gotten around a lot of that. Like the Gmail post I made above. I was getting no notifications, made those changes and now all my emails coming in.

pookie

BGOL Investor
Notifications are there. You gotta go thru the settings. The phone tries to optimize things and different apps, so on a new set up it will try to quiet any apps from using background data. I've gotten around a lot of that. Like the Gmail post I made above. I was getting no notifications, made those changes and now all my emails coming in.

I’m talking about the blinking light that let you know you had gotten a text, phone call, app notifications, etc... on my Note 8 I had it setup where different types of notifications had different colors

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I’m talking about the blinking light that let you know you had gotten a text, phone call, app notifications, etc... on my Note 8 I had it setup where different types of notifications had different colors

I feel ya bro. This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Little things that could just as easily been included but aren't. I love that light on my Note 8. If I mute the phone I can tell exactly what I have waiting with the different colors. The obsession with no bezels is hurting the phone IMO. But I guess I'm in the minority because very few other people seem to care. I would take the thin "forehead" bezel with the cameras and notification lights and, oh yeah, the phone speaker any day.

I love a lot of things about this phone but I'll stick with my Note 8 until I see what the next generation has to offer. Then I can either get a _____11 or a Note 10+ for a song.

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So, there is not blinking notification light any longer?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So, there is not blinking notification light any longer?
The entire phone around the edge lights up.
But I use Always On Display, so I see what apps have notifications just by glancing at the phone. Can tap it and quick browse what was there.

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The entire phone around the edge lights up.
But I use Always On Display, so I see what apps have notifications just by glancing at the phone. Can tap it and quick browse what was there.

Yeah... I use Always on Display too

I'll see how I feel about it when my 10 is delivered next week.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have a work phone (Galaxy S9)
And a personal phone (Note 4)
I guess it's finally time to upgrade my "OG" Note 4

;););)

:lol: Finally broke down and "upgraded" this week from my Note 4. GPS stopped working, Bluetooth started disconnecting from my car while driving. It was just time. Bought the better Note 9 for 750 from Best buy. Shits not leaps and bounds better than my 4. Just bigger with a better UI.

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right...lol
U been smokin...lol.
The shit really isn't that much of a leap. The specs are better, it obviously doesn't have as much shit in the cache slowing it down. But it doesn't do anything that my 4 didn't do. If the 4 wasn't breaking down I would've kept it going. The 9 is cool and all, I just ain't blown away.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
You'll learn a thing or two... (Apple catch up)

You know how many times I cringed watching these? Geezus these were brutal. Dude beasted the phone and happy to say it endured a lot.

In the second vid at the 8:00 mark, can see the small opening at the top of the glass to be the in ear speaker. But still doesn't eaplain if someone sitting next to you can hear the convo because I think its still that one speaker that goes to the top of the phone and it's just at a lower volume.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You know how many times I cringed watching these? Geezus these were brutal. Dude beasted the phone and happy to say it endured a lot.

In the second vid at the 8:00 mark, can see the small opening at the top of the glass to be the in ear speaker. But still doesn't eaplain if someone sitting next to you can hear the convo because I think its still that one speaker that goes to the top of the phone and it's just at a lower volume.
Lol @ cringing... I ve been a subscriber to his channel for awhile.... and that boy don't care. He'll take a brand new phone out the box and snap it in half...savage.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The shit really isn't that much of a leap. The specs are better, it obviously doesn't have as much shit in the cache slowing it down. But it doesn't do anything that my 4 didn't do. If the 4 wasn't breaking down I would've kept it going. The 9 is cool and all, I just ain't blown away.

^^^ This is the reason I've been so slow to give up my Note 4
Plus the fact I already use a Galaxy S9 everyday for my business cell phone
No rush for me. Like that Kevin Gates song "I got 2 phones....." :cool:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
This is no charge because it's not in stock correct? I went on the site, there's none in stock. Showing that way cause they may bill you once it comes in or ships. No?
Damn, how'd you pull that off? :bravo:
I used the 150.00 credit from preordering the phone. That is why there is no charge. Plus I had 9.83 from rewards points that Samsung gave me for using Samsung pay. I had to do it all from the Samsung shop app. I see online at Samsung.com they don't have a buy options for the 45 charger but on the Samsung shop app they're available.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I used the 150.00 credit from preordering the phone. That is why there is no charge. Plus I had 9.83 from rewards points that Samsung gave me for using Samsung pay. I had to do it all from the Samsung shop app. I see online at Samsung.com they don't have a buy options for the 45 charger but on the Samsung shop app they're available.
Yeah but I went in the app when I saw your post, I can't even find the chargers at all. Only when I went to the site I saw they were out of stock. Those chargers are $50. So it don't make sense, but if you say they ordered then OK.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Yeah but I went in the app when I saw your post, I can't even find the chargers at all. Only when I went to the site I saw they were out of stock. Those chargers are $50. So it don't make sense, but if you say they ordered then OK.
I just went back on the app and they're sold out I got in just in time the other day. As soon as I received the email saying that my 150.00 credit was approved I jumped on it. I figured that everyone that pre ordered the phone would be buying those chargers with the 150 so I didn't even blink.

yjTZwqd.jpg