Samsung Galaxy Note 10

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
verizon is doing buy one get one free. i swore off buying expensive ass phones anymore but it's tempting....

M3MD

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mannn....I almost pulled the trigger on this phone, but I have a Note5 that is still going strong and I love my phone.

Verizon was going to give me $450.00 for my phone, but it's paid off. Don't really have a need for the Note10+ other than it's bigger than my phone and has a few more gadgets. I like the Aura/Aurora back, however you spell it, but it's not worth me trading in my perfectly working phone.

Plus, they wanted $100.00 buck for some upgrade fee.....shiiiiieeetttt

Upgrade fee is $40.00

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
You know, on second thought I don't think I want to see Floss' review. Almost all the buzz about this phone is so positive I'm tempted. Even tho my Note 8 is just fine I just love that newest, brightest tech.

I know listening to Floss' major, major go shit will have me contacting Samsung in a flash.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
WAIT SO IT LOOKS LIKE I MISSED OUT ON THE $150 PROMOTION!!! I went to shop Samsung app and under promotions it’s saying NONE!!!!:angry::angry:
Same thing happened to me last year when I got the note 9.

They use the promotion to inflate pre-order numbers.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Ayo for me at least the fingerprint scan/ unlock isn't working this morning 8/23 the day of the official release. Maybe they're updating it or something.. I just undid the fingerprint but it won't let me do a new print. Hopefully this will clear up later on today
Mine is just fine.

V0M1V0.jpg

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I've got Galaxy buds and they are by far my most favorite bluetooth in-ear phones I've owned yet.
Whats the rough amount of time you can use these as in long bouts of listening to music like on a plane ride or how long do they last on a normal day of talking and what not.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
And now after two days of finally logging back into all my apps, getting my case, I'm loving this beast. I guess as much as I loved my Note 9 last year.

I was kinda looking to switch out my Note9 anyways, cause as of lately, kept getting notifications that the charger was charging slower than the apps was draining the phone at different times. So background apps were draining quicker than it could charge.

As for the Note 10, this is the first phone of all my phones, that I am using a screen protector. Leaving the one that came with it on for now. I've never used one, thought the Corning glass was good enuf and never scratched a screen or cracked one. But at times I find the unlock with fingerprint a lil slow. Compared to how quick I could open my Note 9 by hitting the home button. This is slower as MKBHD also noticed as well in his review. So I may rip the screen protector off once I get sick of it.

But face recognition does seem to be faster to unlock it.

I'm not Floss but this phone is a GO! Lol

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
One more thing, you guys notice the calls while holding it to your head, the speaker isn't at the camera opening. I think during a call, the speaker on the top is what you hear.

If you're on a call, your ear doesn't cover the caller soeaking. So someone could effectively eavesdrop on your call. Almost like you best put some headphones on. I was wondering why talking to peeps, it did seem like the volume is lower than my Note 9. It's cause the speaker just isn't on the face of the phone.

My minor gripe...

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Whats the rough amount of time you can use these as in long bouts of listening to music like on a plane ride or how long do they last on a normal day of talking and what not.

They last for a long time and they have a charging case as well. I can't tell you the max time because I've never used them to the point to where I ran out of power.

I've used them on plane flights mostly because the noise canceling seal keeps your ears from popping.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got a regular note 10 and a s10e and I might sell the note 10.

Haven't opened it yet but prices are dropping already under 800 new in box.

Samsung got the hook up with that 600 off though.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I ran into this issue last year and forgot to do this. When you set up a phone and add your Gmail accounts, by default, they have notifications set to only High Priority.

If you don't remember to set it to All emails, then you won't get notifications. I have 8 email addresses and kind of pissed me off I was opening Gmail and not seeing emails til hours later.

Check this for those interested and just setting up your phones.

https://mashtips.com/fix-gmail-notifications-android/

Last edited:

husband73

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:eek2:

Man I'm so mad I can't touch mine. I'm out of town on business and mine comes in the mail on Saturday. I told my wife, dont open the box, dont look at it, dont touch shit. :lol:

Just leave it on my desk until I get home
Cmon man...as WE MARRIED MEN KNOW...WE NEVER SAY DON'T OPEN OR ...AYE DON'T TOUCH SHIT EITHER!! that is a recipe FOR HER TO DO THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU SAID:giggle:

husband73

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For my phone fingerprint works at night...but not in the morning shits kinda weird. 2 times my fingerprint scanner malfunctioned. But I love this beast!! Can't wait till Zerolemon to put out a monster battery case for this. Could be 8000Mah or 10000Mah

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
For my phone fingerprint works at night...but not in the morning shits kinda weird. 2 times my fingerprint scanner malfunctioned. But I love this beast!! Can't wait till Zerolemon to put out a monster battery case for this. Could be 8000Mah or 10000Mah
I really prefer how fast my Note 9 opened when I touched the fingerprint on the back. This front, I'm wondering if their "screen protector" could be the culprit. Gotta watch the complaints online if any start to roll out or check YouTube as well if anyone is complaining about it.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
One more thing, you guys notice the calls while holding it to your head, the speaker isn't at the camera opening. I think during a call, the speaker on the top is what you hear.

If you're on a call, your ear doesn't cover the caller speaking. So someone could effectively eavesdrop on your call. Almost like you best put some headphones on. I was wondering why talking to peeps, it did seem like the volume is lower than my Note 9. It's cause the speaker just isn't on the face of the phone.

My minor gripe...

This is a disturbing aspect. Forcing you to use the earbuds. I HATE being forced to do anything. One of the many reasons I avoid apple products like the plague.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
This is a disturbing aspect. Forcing you to use the earbuds. I HATE being forced to do anything. One of the many reasons I avoid apple products like the plague.
I looked it up and for the images I saw, there is no cut through the glass that has a speaker on the face. All I see is the hole at the top edge for it. It's essentially the second speaker for the phone and I assume the volume only lowers down while you're on a call.

So now I gotta be cautious talking to my boys on the phone and wife sitting next to me, smh. I need to research this more...

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
I looked it up and for the images I saw, there is no cut through the glass that has a speaker on the face. All I see is the hole at the top edge for it. It's essentially the second speaker for the phone and I assume the volume only lowers down while you're on a call.

So now I gotta be cautious talking to my boys on the phone and wife sitting next to me, smh. I need to research this more...

Man, that is a definite dealbreaker for me. Not only is it a stupid idea but I can't believe no one has mentioned it by now.

Are they so consumed with no bezels that they have everybody in your business? Nah. That's a major, major NO GO from me and White Shoes.

NO THOT PROTECTION!

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Man, that is a definite dealbreaker for me. Not only is it a stupid idea but I can't believe no one has mentioned it by now.

Are they so consumed with no bezels that they have everybody in your business? Nah. That's a major, major NO GO from me and White Shoes.

NO THOT PROTECTION!
Upon "further investigation" lol, they "say" that the speaker for 'in call' is behind the glass and vibrates the glass is how you hear the sound. I adjusted the "Adapt Sound" for 30-60 years old which is supposed to make the sound a little louder for in call. I had it on under 30. So still feeling it out.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor

The earpiece grill is here

Galaxy-note-10-earpiece-grille.jpg

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
The earpiece grill is here

Galaxy-note-10-earpiece-grille.jpg

My man. I was gonna ask if someone who had one has experienced misdirected convo from a phone call. I'm assuming that any convo is directed towards your ear and not the listening public?

Also, does that mean there's a separate speaker for audio?

Goddamnit am I talking myself into copping this phone? Fuck.

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
QA
My man. I was gonna ask if someone who had one has experienced misdirected convo from a phone call. I'm assuming that any convo is directed towards your ear and not the listening public?

Also, does that mean there's a separate speaker for audio?

Goddamnit am I talking myself into copping this phone? Fuck.
That's the audio speaker on top and there's another one on the bottom.
Audio from phone calls is handled by vibrating glass..

Galaxy Note 10 Will Reportedly Ditch Earpiece for Sound on Display

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-note-10-sound-on-display,news-30394.html

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
QA

That's the audio speaker on top and there's another one on the bottom.
Audio from phone calls is handled by vibrating glass..

Galaxy Note 10 Will Reportedly Ditch Earpiece for Sound on Display

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/galaxy-note-10-sound-on-display,news-30394.html
Yeah this behind the glass is what I was reading. Still getting used to it. Like I'm wondering if pressing harder or less, if it makes a difference.

Just overall, holding the phone to my ear, volume all the way up on a call and the person sounds a lil lower than my Note9. Could be in my head who knows.

You guys don't have any issues with calls, holding the phone to your head?