Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs Agree to deal $503 million over the next 12 seasons

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

Sources: Kansas City Chiefs to restructure QB Patrick Mahomes' contract, save $17M on salary cap

The Kansas City Chiefs are expected to restructure quarterback Patrick Mahomes' contract to provide some cap relief, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The team is expected to convert Mahomes' $21.7 million roster bonus to a signing bonus in the coming days, which would save the Chiefs $17 million against the salary cap, sources said.

In July, the two sides reached agreement on a 10-year contract extension that ties Mahomes to Kansas City through the 2031 season.

League sources told Schefter then that the deal is worth $450 million over the 10-year period and could be worth up to $503 million. The extension includes a $140 million injury guarantee, as well as a no-trade clause.

The Chiefs picked up Mahomes' fifth-year option for the 2021 season in April, putting him under contract for the next two seasons. Mahomes had two years and $27.6 million left on his deal -- $2.8 million in 2020 and $24.8 million in 2021. The 10-year extension puts him under contract with the Chiefs for the next 12 seasons.

Mahomes, 25, has won a league MVP and a Super Bowl MVP, and he has led the Chiefs to the championship game in each of the past two seasons with a win over the San Francisco 49ers and a loss this past season to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Kansas City is hopeful Mahomes will have recovered from February toe surgery to participate in the team's June minicamp. The expectation is that he will be ready to go by the start of training camp later in the summer.
Already

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Less than a yea me later yes, I am surprised.

I hear you but i remember the same damn day these numbers were released

The real numbers and structure

Nfl insiders said oh they gonna restructure that quick fast

kept saying no matter the big numbers its still team friendly which stunned me...

Now i understand of course one season is crazy

But i knew it when covid hit that would be an issue, when the new potential tv contract numbers leaked too

Crazy thing remember last year he aint even the highest paid on his own team

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear you but i remember the same damn day these numbers were released

The real numbers and structure

Nfl insiders said oh they gonna restructure that quick fast

kept saying no matter the big numbers its still team friendly which stunned me...

Now i understand of course one season is crazy

But i knew it when covid hit that would be an issue, when the new potential tv contract numbers leaked too

Crazy thing remember last year he aint even the highest paid on his own team

Yeah you’re right but still, they presented the contract and less than a year later they want to restructure? Just damn :smh:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah you’re right but still, they presented the contract and less than a year later they want to restructure? Just damn :smh:

But you KNOW the deal bro...

Outside guaranteed money and signing bonus

All that other sh*t is for show

Cam new contract isn't really just 3 million maybe? But they saying like 13?

Its all about the cap hit.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
But you KNOW the deal bro...

Outside guaranteed money and signing bonus

All that other sh*t is for show

Cam new contract isn't really just 3 million maybe? But they saying like 13?

Its all about the cap hit.

You’re right, but they came up with it which is crazy! And less than a year later they wanna restructure! :lol:

It’s not you, it’s them that’s confusing

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You’re right, but they came up with it which is crazy! And less than a year later they wanna restructure! :lol:

It’s not you, it’s them that’s confusing

This could be a WHOLE OTHER thread honestly

real talk you CANNOT guarantee FULLY NFL contracts I understand that

THAT game?

Just not gonna happen.

but the weird way deals are structured

you ALWAYS gonna pay for PAST performance no matter what

and UNTIL recently trades were damn near impossible

and NOW that trades ARE more actionable?

Teams are HORRIBLE at it.

Franchise Tag which I actually thought was a GOOD IDEA now I can see the player side on how that really hurts free agents

I remember some economist had an idea for EACH POSITION to be capped in a way, I don't know if THAT is the answer but all this restructuring is crazy to me.

And somehow someway Tom Brady always looks like a damn saint cause he did this almost EVERY season to the point if a player DOESN'T?

He a bad team leader.

Forgetting one VERY IMPORTANT teeny tiny fact

Tom Brady married to one of the richest supermodels of ALL TIMES.

He aint sweating these checks.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This could be a WHOLE OTHER thread honestly

real talk you CANNOT guarantee FULLY NFL contracts I understand that

THAT game?

Just not gonna happen.

but the weird way deals are structured

you ALWAYS gonna pay for PAST performance no matter what

and UNTIL recently trades were damn near impossible

and NOW that trades ARE more actionable?

Teams are HORRIBLE at it.

Franchise Tag which I actually thought was a GOOD IDEA now I can see the player side on how that really hurts free agents

I remember some economist had an idea for EACH POSITION to be capped in a way, I don't know if THAT is the answer but all this restructuring is crazy to me.

And somehow someway Tom Brady always looks like a damn saint cause he did this almost EVERY season to the point if a player DOESN'T?

He a bad team leader.

Forgetting one VERY IMPORTANT teeny tiny fact

Tom Brady married to one of the richest supermodels of ALL TIMES.

He aint sweating these checks.

I feel sorry for NFL accountants who have to crunch the numbers to figure out all of the contracts. It’s gotta be nerve racking!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I feel sorry for NFL accountants who have to crunch the numbers to figure out all of the contracts. It’s gotta be nerve racking!

dudes been FIRED over cap miscalculations.

Its crazy how teams can OVERNIGHT suddenly be JUST under the cap

I think NBA cap is the strictest in terms of penalties I got to look that up.

I really respect cap experts, I used to have a great trade machine site I lost that did really accurate transactions too

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
NFL contracts by far the most complex in team sports, signing bonus, roster bonus, all kinda other incentive based bonuses in each contract. All that matters is how much guaranteed money is in it which is never that much compared to the other major team sports outside of starting QBs

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
You know what from looking at this and what you did to his Offensive-line he is about to get his N-word wake up call.