Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs Agree to deal $503 million over the next 12 seasons

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If Dee Ford wasnt lined up offsides in the 2019 AFC title game, he likely has two rings and an MVP at age 24. And he won the ‘ship last season playing on a bum ankle all playoffs. If he was healthy? Shiidddddd......

Meanwhile, Bears got Mitchell Trubisky :angry:

tenor.gif

THIS :angry::angry::mad::mad::curse::curse:

Whats fucked up according to local chi sports reporters
Mahomes was on the bears draft board.
Thank u gm adam pace for your stupidity.

No hate on Mahomes. MAYNE!! Get that paper.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Half a billi to throw a fuckin football in tights???? Da fuck???
That shit sounds rediculous.

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The highest paid professional athlete in this country about to take a knee first game of the season.
Taking a knee doesn't mean shit anymore.
It's been co-opted by everyone else and their mama.
It's just a PR move at this point. Even white coaches are talking about taking a knee.
You really think Mahomes is about that action?

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Fuck the nfl

it is beautiful to see a young black man be great at whatever he does

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So hold on.....looking at how this deal is structured...this look like some bullshit.

EcSk4ZcWkAAcjRq
\\

Man this dude barely getting more guaranteed money than Jared Goff and Carson Wentz......

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Yeah but that shit seems way off on a "12 year deal". Jared Goff got 110 million on a 4 year deal.......

it’s an immediate guarantee the moment he gets hurt and can't play again.. So if he gets hurt his first game back and he’s done that’s 140 in his pocket.. or if he’s 3-4 years into his extension and gets hurt that’s still 140 in his pocket plus what he already made the previous 3 years.. either way fam made out..

Everyone knew KC was going to have to back up that brinks truck after that SB and MVP run

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So hold on.....looking at how this deal is structured...this look like some bullshit.

EcSk4ZcWkAAcjRq
\\

Man this dude barely getting more guaranteed money than Jared Goff and Carson Wentz......
Everyone's looking at the big number (which he'll only achieve if he puts up MVP-type numbers every season), but the fact remains he signed a very team-friendly deal.
Yes, he's getting paid but he could have gotten way more.
Maybe the team and his agent scared him enough with the thought that the salary cap could actually go down in a few years once the effects of this pandemic is truly felt.
Folks can call me a "BGOL agent" all they want (these same folks would have signed for a year's worth of free Popeye's chicken sandwiches, lol), but the fact remains he sold himself a bit short with this deal.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
it’s an immediate guarantee the moment he gets hurt and can't play again.. So if he gets hurt his first game back and he’s done that’s 140 in his pocket.. or if he’s 3-4 years into his extension and gets hurt that’s still 140 in his pocket plus what he already made the previous 3 years.. either way fam made out..

Everyone knew KC was going to have to back up that brinks truck after that SB and MVP run

that renegotiation is gonna be bamamas

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
That contract is going to handcuff the Chiefs.
Didn't they learn from the Colts huge contract with Luck?
They couldn't afford any linemen to protect their investment.
He will be the next Andrew Luck if they can't protect him

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
It lowers their cap hit since he’s spread across 10 years

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

So you not seeing that if Goff gets hurt he gets 110 million guaranteed on a 4 year deal but Mahomes gets 140 on a 12 year deal? Unless its going over my head something is not right with these numbers. Mahomes signed a very cap friendly deal and I'm not sure why.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everyone's looking at the big number (which he'll only achieve if he puts up MVP-type numbers every season), but the fact remains he signed a very team-friendly deal.
Yes, he's getting paid but he could have gotten way more.
Maybe the team and his agent scared him enough with the thought that the salary cap could actually go down in a few years once the effects of this pandemic is truly felt.
Folks can call me a "BGOL agent" all they want (these same folks would have signed for a year's worth of free Popeye's chicken sandwiches, lol), but the fact remains he sold himself a bit short with this deal.
Yeah but that' show they structured that shit to make it look like a 500 million dollar deal. But his 500 million dollar deal ain't truly a 500 million dollar deal. I'm far from a numbers guy but this does not look like a deal the best player in the NFL should sign. And he just fucked up Watson and Dak money by doing this shit. Fuck the 500 million man what's the guaranteed money? That's not enough.

Dudes calling you a BGOL agent? The fuck?

Mahomes contract ain't the issue. Its paying niggas like Sammy Watkins that's gonna be the issue.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
So you not seeing that if Goff gets hurt he gets 110 million guaranteed on a 4 year deal but Mahomes gets 140 on a 12 year deal? Unless its going over my head something is not right with these numbers. Mahomes signed a very cap friendly deal and I'm not sure why.
Goff up front money on his contract is 110..

Mahomes is over 200mill

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
They convinced that nigro he is part of the “family” :smh:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Goff up front money on his contract is 110..

Mahomes is over 200mill
Yeah but that shit still seems off. His contract on a 500 million dollar deal should have far more money guaranteed based on what we've seen Goff and Wentz get.

This shit reminds me of when Kapernick signed that "100 million dollar deal"....they got from under that shit soon as they could. Granted, there's far more guarantees here but this shit is team friendly as fuck and I'm shocked.

They convinced that nigro he is part of the “family” :smh:
Damn....I hope not but shit I have a strong feeling that's the case. Like how you didn't bet on yourself when you just won a Super Bowl and you the best quarterback in the league at 24? I keep waiting for more shit to come out about this deal but this shit not right.