Official NBA 2016-2017 Thread - 30 teams, 1 goal. 2 weeks left, so much can happen!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Orlando Magic fire GM Rob Hennigan, reportedly interested in hiring Grant Hill

Hennigan had been the general manager in Orlando since 2012

Well that didn't take long.

Just about 12 hours after the 2016-17 regular season came to an end, the Orlando Magic fired GM Rob Hennigan. The news broke early Thursday morning, with reports coming from both Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical, and Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel.

The Magic then confirmed the move in a press release, announcing that Matt Lloyd will be taking over as interim GM.

Here is what you should know about the move:

• Hennigan had been in charge in Orlando since 2012, and was just 30 years old when he was hired, making him the youngest GM in the league.
  • The Magic struggled mightily during his tenure, posting five losing seasons and going just 132-278, the second-worst mark in that span.
  • Hennigan's first big move was the Dwight Howard trade, which sent Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers.
  • Per Robbins' report, Orlando is interested in bringing in Grant Hill. Hill, though, currently holds a small ownership stake of the Atlanta Hawks, which he would need to divest, and it is unclear if he has any interest in the job.
  • The Magic, who finished this season 29-53, will have the fifth-best odds of securing the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft Lottery next month

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/o...n-reportedly-interested-in-hiring-grant-hill/

http://www.bgol.us/forum/index.php?...agic-gm-downplays-tweeted-player-list.944355/

ak_rep

Rising Star
Registered
Shut up nigga you clowns barely got into.. Thank Lance for bringing some character to that wack team of yours

For sure. Lance was a lifesaver. But in acutality, he shouldn't have been gone in the first place. We founded Lance. Nobody wanted that style of play. He's where he needs to be. If he was in Indy all season, the struggle wouldn't have happened. That's bullshit in itself.

Heat gave it a great shot, but lost in the end. Good try.:lol: Next year.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For sure. Lance was a lifesaver. But in acutality, he shouldn't have been gone in the first place. We founded Lance. Nobody wanted that style of play. He's where he needs to be. If he was in Indy all season, the struggle wouldn't have happened. That's bullshit in itself.

Heat gave it a great shot, but lost in the end. Good try.:lol: Next year.

Yeah Lance should've never left he just fits there

He knows now cost himself some money but he will be aight

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Bulls in 7. Wade wasn't hurt he was resting. Bulls will have the two best players in the series on the court at all times, and Thomas can't guard anybody. Al Horford is overrated, Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart are too inconsistent.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Bulls in 7. Wade wasn't hurt he was resting. Bulls will have the two best players in the series on the court at all times, and Thomas can't guard anybody. Al Horford is overrated, Avery Bradley and Marcus Smart are too inconsistent.

is wade coming back for the celtic series? that'd be dope news

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have bulls closing it out in 6

Game 1 smeltrix in blowout

Game 2 bulls win a close one

Game 3 bulls win home game

Game 4 bulls win in OT

GAME 5 smeltrix win back at home

Game 6 bulls close it out at the madhouse

Reactions: LSN

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
interesting...that's 2 good first rd. series @ celtics/bulls and rockets/warriors
Yea man, make sure u get your usual 2 24 ounce coronas this Sunday.

Oh my bad I forgot u said U done wit liqour

My bad g

Get u some country thick bitches to cook for u on Sunday and kick ya feet up my guy

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Yea man, make sure u get your usual 2 24 ounce coronas this Sunday.

Oh my bad I forgot u said U done wit liqour

My bad g

Get u some country thick bitches to cook for u on Sunday and kick ya feet up my guy

I don't drink beer anymore...and def not on sundays...what's wrong w/ you man?? :smh:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Luke Walton was like I don't want to work for you
Kerr was like No way do I want to work for you.
Jeanie left him and then cleaned house, boxed her brothers out of the business told them to take their ball and go home, hired Magic Johnson to bring the pizzazz and then hired Kobe Agent in 3 months
Phil brought in the great Ron Baker.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
If the Rockets get OKC out in the first round which is pretty much expected I think Harden gonna get the MVP off that alone.. Voters waiting for the conclusion of that series lol