Official NBA 2016-2017 Thread - 30 teams, 1 goal. 2 weeks left, so much can happen!!

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Warriors, Cavs, Thunder Were Top-3 Most Watched Teams On National TV
APR 15, 2017 12:01 PM

Thompson_Klay_gsw_160331.jpg

The Golden State Warriors were the highest rated team on national television with an average of 2.83 million viewers for each of their 30 games.

The Cleveland Cavaliers ranked second at 2.38 million for their 30 games, while the Oklahoma city Thunder (1.99 million), San Antonio Spurs (1.99 million) and New York Knicks (1.94 million) rounded out the top-5.

1. Warriors: 2.83 million
2. Cavaliers: 2.38 million
3. Thunder: 1.99 million
4. Spurs: 1.99 million
5. Knicks: 1.94 million
6. Celtics: 1.71 million
7. Bulls: 1.69 million
8. Clippers: 1.62 million
9. Rockets: 1.61 million
10. Lakers: 1.40 million
11. Blazers: 1.39 million
12. Kings: 1.38 million
13. Pelicans: 1.38 million
14. Raptors: 1.30 million
15. Mavericks: 1.29 million
16. Grizzlies: 1.28 million
17. Hornets: 1.26 million
18. Bucks: 1.24 million
19. Wizards: 1.23 million
20. 76ers: 1.23 million
21. Wolves: 1.22 million
22. Jazz: 1.19 million
23. Suns: 1.17 million
24. Hawks: 1.16 million
25. Pistons: 1.12 million
26. Nets: 1.11 million
27. Nuggets: 1.11 million
28. Heat: 1.1 million
29. Pacers: 1.10 million
NA. Magic (no nationally televised games)

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Curry Would Have Left Under Armour If They Weren't Aligned With 'Core Values'
APR 17, 2017 10:48 AM

Curry_Stepehn_gsw_150528.jpg

Stephen Curry reportedly considered walking away from his Under Armour endorsement deal worth $32 million per year through 2024 following Kevin Plank's comments about Donald Trump.

Curry spent an entire day on the phone with various Under Armour personnel, “pursuing clarification about what was going on” and “making sure everybody knew where everybody else stood on the issue.”

Curry was satisfied with what he was told to remain with Under Armour.

“If I had come to the conclusion that the leadership of the company was not in line with my core values, and vice versa, I would have jumped off that platform,” said Curry to GQ.

Curry questioned himself on how he responded to Plank's assertion that Trump was "a real asset for the country" by saying “I agree with that description—if you remove the ‘et.’ ”

“Even then, I was worried that I had messed up—that having a playful attitude had detracted from the serious point I felt I needed to make,” Curry says. “I'm not gonna pretend that I have some long history as an activist. But I'm definitely in the camp that when it comes to athletes, whoever has a microphone in front of their face, they ought to use it.

“You know,” he adds, “I did get a lot of feedback from other believers who were disappointed in the aggression of my statement. They thought it was un-Christian of me to call [Trump] a name. Now, I understand that Jesus probably wouldn't have used that term. But He was in that temple going crazy, flipping tables.… I think that sometimes, you have to remember who you are and what you stand for and not be ashamed of that.”

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Curry Would Have Left Under Armour If They Weren't Aligned With 'Core Values'
APR 17, 2017 10:48 AM

Curry_Stepehn_gsw_150528.jpg

Stephen Curry reportedly considered walking away from his Under Armour endorsement deal worth $32 million per year through 2024 following Kevin Plank's comments about Donald Trump.

Curry spent an entire day on the phone with various Under Armour personnel, “pursuing clarification about what was going on” and “making sure everybody knew where everybody else stood on the issue.”

Curry was satisfied with what he was told to remain with Under Armour.

“If I had come to the conclusion that the leadership of the company was not in line with my core values, and vice versa, I would have jumped off that platform,” said Curry to GQ.

Curry questioned himself on how he responded to Plank's assertion that Trump was "a real asset for the country" by saying “I agree with that description—if you remove the ‘et.’ ”

“Even then, I was worried that I had messed up—that having a playful attitude had detracted from the serious point I felt I needed to make,” Curry says. “I'm not gonna pretend that I have some long history as an activist. But I'm definitely in the camp that when it comes to athletes, whoever has a microphone in front of their face, they ought to use it.

“You know,” he adds, “I did get a lot of feedback from other believers who were disappointed in the aggression of my statement. They thought it was un-Christian of me to call [Trump] a name. Now, I understand that Jesus probably wouldn't have used that term. But He was in that temple going crazy, flipping tables.… I think that sometimes, you have to remember who you are and what you stand for and not be ashamed of that.”
32 mill a year?!?! Sometimes you gotta accept some shit!:lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
sidebar...

I'm wondering if ALL these coaches

deep inside

are HOPING the Warriors lose.

Not cause of hate.

But because this would be a huge indictment to the TRUE significance and importance of coaching at the pro level.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...ding-free-agency-decision-i-just-want-a-ring/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...move-to-western-conference-in-nba-free-agency

Kyle Lowry Reportedly Considering Move to Western Conference in NBA Free Agency
SCOTT POLACEKMAY 7, 2017

hi-res-b5986d6fc4bb988590511e2adc04db62_crop_north.jpg

Jason Miller/Getty Images
Toronto Raptors guard Kyle Lowry may want out of LeBron James' conference.

Following the Cleveland Cavaliers' sweep of Toronto on Sunday, Marc Stein of ESPN reported, "Late-season rumbles that Kyle Lowry will give legit thought to a free-agent switch to the West are sure to rise in volume after this series."

Lowry suffered an ankle injury in Game 2 of the series and watched his teammates lose Games 3 and 4 from the sidelines.

Toronto has developed into a consistent playoff presence in the East largely because of the backcourt combination of Lowry and DeMar DeRozan. However, James and the Cavaliers continue to serve as a roadblock following this year's sweep and last season's six-game triumph in the Eastern Conference Finals.

It's not as though James is the only superstar Lowry has to deal with in the East, as point guards such as John Wall and Isaiah Thomas litter the landscape. Still, the Western Conference is also loaded with contenders and All-Stars, and the No. 3 seed Raptors finished with the same record, 51-31, as the West's Nos. 4 and 5 seeds, the Los Angeles Clippers and Utah Jazz.

Lowry, who averaged a career-best 22.4 points and 7.0 assists per game this season, is familiar with the West from his time on the Houston Rockets and Memphis Grizzlies.

He is also 31 years old, dealt with injuries this season (60 games played) and has never won a title. The Raptors appear to have a defined playoff ceiling following their exits the last two seasons, and a switch to the West could open additional opportunities for Lowry to pursue his first ring.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
^^^#27, #28, and #29:hmm:

NBA sleeping.
Told you Nigga... don't nobody give a single fuck about your vanilla ass non-descript ass Nuggets, never have! Ain't nobody looking for those cardboard box ass jokers!!! You boring motherfuckers put people to sleep lil Nigga! :roflmao2:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Told you Nigga... don't nobody give a single fuck about your vanilla ass non-descript ass Nuggets, never have! Ain't nobody looking for those cardboard box ass jokers!!! You boring motherfuckers put people to sleep lil Nigga! :roflmao2:

Game been over. Ain't no overtime nigga.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Rising Star
Registered
Game been over. Ain't no overtime nigga.
Nice tap out lil Nigga! Played yourself, hold this L with you 27th place squad! Proof that nobody cares about you just their ass franchise! How many Chips Nigga!?!?! Answer the damn question and please don't reference your 9 out of 10 year never getting out of the first round 60 loss historic team playoff run either!

27th place?!?! Niggas rather watch hockey and tennis than you boring ass vanilla motherfuckers! Nigga proud of choking away an 8th seed!? No wonder y'all 27th place lil Nigga! :roflmao:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Nice tap out lil Nigga! Played yourself, hold this L with you 27th place squad! Proof that nobody cares about you just their ass franchise! How many Chips Nigga!?!?! Answer the damn question and please don't reference your 9 out of 10 year never getting out of the first round 60 loss historic team playoff run either!

27th place?!?! Niggas rather watch hockey and tennis than you boring ass vanilla motherfuckers! Nigga proud of choking away an 8th seed!? No wonder y'all 27th place lil Nigga! :roflmao:

Game.