Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What do you think about getting the DPI tokens, (Defi Index Pulse) rather than the diff individual defi coins?
It's the risk to reward scenario. The indexes offer less risk, so also it will offer less financial gain. Individual coins will offer more risk, but if you choose the right one. You're potential for gains go way up.

Last edited:

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
What's the value of having metamask and whats the reason of having both metamask AND a ledger?

Having a metamask allows you connect to Web 3.0. A lot of crypto project platforms (especially DeFI) can only be interacted with if you have a web wallet such as metamask. Only tokens built on top of ethereum can be transacted with it. These platforms include uniswap, mooniswap, 1inch, synthetix , DAOs, and too many others to name. Metamask (a chrome browser extension) is the biggest and most popular web wallet, but it is not the only one. Be sure to look up these acronyms and watch plenty of Youtube videos on interacting with the Defi space. Think of Defi as the wild west of money making with very little rules and huge profit making opportunities BUT with tons of dangers.

YOU HAVE TO TAKE TIME AND STUDY THIS LIKE A JOB.

The ledger is your personal hand-held bank/vault where you keep the bulk of your monies away from the reach of Gov't, ex-wife, baby mamas, greedy relatives, debt collectors, and nerdy hackers.

Last edited:

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
That is not a bad list. 2017 was good to me. I lost a chunk of profits, but was able to cash enough profit out for it to be very nice. Jumped back in oct. I first had link in 2017, but when I seen how it was still standing and how much it had accomplished, I was like :eek: I found out just how important it was to defi. How important it is to every fucking thing. Polkadot uses that shit. Link just jumped the fuck out. That's when I discovered Aave, sythetix, and Uniswap. I had to pick one(no more swapping in and out for me), and decided on Uniswap. I do plan to eventually get some AAve and Syn.

I'm also one who decided to go heavier eth than BTC. It's just amazing how much shit runs on eth. Projects can still fucking run being marketed as 'eth killers'. Solana is on folks radar because of Ethereum 'killer' hype Dot and Cardano eat big off it. NEO got top 10 off it.

I'm trying to see if there will be 'link killers' hype like Band and API3. Link is just so fucking big that there has to be 'link killer' hype this cycle. It's like Sushiswap vs Uni. How LTC just rode BTC and still does(LTC will finally be forced out of top 10 this cycle).

Key to me is finding out what will replace XRP, LTC, BNB, and Bitcoin cash in the top 10. So far the one I was confident on was Uni. Out your list, it's what I'd swap out Travala for. Uni is the one retail will get familiar with through metamask.

I, too, learned the importance of LINK this past year. It is vital to the space to migrate date from the real world into blockchains. For those of you unfamiliar with LINK, think of it as the train man in Matrix. It perfroms a unique and important role concerning data that everyone needs in order to go back and forth between worlds.
API3 is the closest thing to Link but I don't think they will overtake them. Not even close IMO.

SNX is where I've parked several thousands with the hope of it yielding me 6 figures in 2 years or more. The derivatives market is several quadrillions of dollars big and SNX will be the main platform to tokenize these real world assets in crypto for the big boys when they fully migrate over and adopt. Shit is gonna be bananas when it takes off.

I see SUSHI overtaking UNI because of their collab with Andre. He's a brilliant mind revolutionizing the defi space.

----------------------------------
**SIDE NOTE:

I'm so proud of the knowledge I've gained and that I am sharing. At one point most convos in this thread went over my head. All of this is the result of me taking one year to deep dive into the crypto space. All I knew was bitcoin for a fews year and my knowledge was extremely basic at best, but now,I can hang with many on these topics. All you newbies need to become obsess with this shit and learn, learn, and learn.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I, too, learned the importance of LINK this past year. It is vital to the space to migrate date from the real world into blockchains. For those of you unfamiliar with LINK, think of it as the train man in Matrix. It perfroms a unique and important role concerning data that everyone needs in order to go back and forth between worlds.
API3 is the closest thing to Link but I don't think they will overtake them. Not even close IMO.

SNX is where I've parked several thousands with the hope of it yielding me 6 figures in 2 years or more. The derivatives market is several quadrillions of dollars big and SNX will be the main platform to tokenize these real world assets in crypto for the big boys when they fully migrate over and adopt. Shit is gonna be bananas when it takes off.

I see SUSHI overtaking UNI because of their collab with Andre. He's a brilliant mind revolutionizing the defi space.

----------------------------------
**SIDE NOTE:

I'm so proud of the knowledge I've gained and that I am sharing. At one point most convos in this thread went over my head. All of this is the result of me taking one year to deep dive into the crypto space. All I knew was bitcoin for a fews year and my knowledge was extremely basic at best, but now,I can hang with many on these topics. All you newbies need to become obsess with this shit and learn, learn, and learn.
Yeah, the competitors to LINK ain't even in the same ballpark. That's why I think there might be some hype coming that way to competition. So Low-cap, it's an easy way for whales to pump up bags to buy more BTC and ETH.

Derivatives is one of the reason I went so hard with ETH. Most that shit will go through Ethereum or shit built on it(private chains as well). Not only does ETH own the land where the gold is buried, they selling the shovels and tools to mine it. Dozens of SNX, AAVE, etc can be built on Eth. It's insane. Tokenizng assets is getting to be hot as lending, yield farming ,etc. Market going to be FLOODED. Still money to be made in SNX and that's why I'm getting a bag. I just think in the future folks will tokenize on their own using Eth and Link for Proof of Reserves. Link going to kill the game with that proof of reserves shit.

Uniswap vs Sushiswap will be interesting. Both have whales HEAVILY accumulating.

Anyone who wants to know how important Ethereum is to defi just needs to check this out https://defipulse.com/ and look under 'chain'.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Yeah, the competitors to LINK ain't even in the same ballpark. That's why I think there might be some hype coming that way to competition. So Low-cap, it's an easy way for whales to pump up bags to buy more BTC and ETH.

Derivatives is one of the reason I went so hard with ETH. Most that shit will go through Ethereum or shit built on it(private chains as well). Not only does ETH own the land where the gold is buried, they selling the shovels and tools to mine it. Dozens of SNX, AAVE, etc can be built on Eth. It's insane. Tokenizng assets is getting to be hot as lending, yield farming ,etc. Market going to be FLOODED. Still money to be made in SNX and that's why I'm getting a bag. I just think in the future folks will tokenize on their own using Eth and Link for Proof of Reserves. Link going to kill the game with that proof of reserves shit.

Uniswap vs Sushiswap will be interesting. Both have whales HEAVILY accumulating.

Anyone who wants to know how important Ethereum is to defi just needs to check this out https://defipulse.com/ and look under 'chain'.

ETH will become the world's entire financial ecosystem when its all said and done. Bitcoin will become the new gold, silver, and platinum and ETH the new stock market, real estate market, insurance market, and banking market.

I run a small weekly group meeting teaching my inner circle about these inevitable changes to come just so that they can position themselves to prosper, but many are having a hard time believing me. DOT will have the remaining trillions left behind because ETH will be too fat to eat any more. haha

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
My top recommended coins (aside BTC and ETH) for 2021:

1. Polkadot
2. Synthetix
3. Aave
4. Travala
5. Chainlink

All of these coins have the potential to easily 5x or significantly more this year alone.
They all have a solid use case.

What are your top 5 recommended?

Between these 5 and eth and btc, what percentage of your portfolio do you have allocated to each one?

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Between these 5 and eth and btc, what percentage of your portfolio do you have allocated to each one?

V9v69eI.png

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
ETH will become the world's entire financial ecosystem when its all said and done. Bitcoin will become the new gold, silver, and platinum and ETH the new stock market, real estate market, insurance market, and banking market.

I run a small weekly group meeting teaching my inner circle about these inevitable changes to come just so that they can position themselves to prosper, but many are having a hard time believing me. DOT will have the remaining trillions left behind because ETH will be too fat to eat any more. haha
I agree. DOT is pretty strong for a newcomer. There is plenty of room for ETH, DOT, and ADA to coexist. ADA just remind me of a cat waiting to come up with the perfect thing to say to a woman. Fuck perfect. Just approach. Financial guys really going to take notice of ETH with the CME's futures. DOT and ADA will have to wait a couple years for that type of shit. Making tech legit to the finance guys is huge.

With all the money printing, it's now more important than ever to properly position for a win. And what we will see is governments/corps/banks taking large crypto positions so they win regardless. They are the strong hands. They ain't about to be replaced. They got all the capital to eat the most. People just need to get in on the bluechips and go along for the ride. Folks going to wake up in 2030 with a 7 figure BTC and a 6 figure ETH and be on the wrong side of history. :smh:

This time around, I took time to learn TA, about money/banking/inflation, and market cycles.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
:lol:

Y'all BGOL mofos made me buy this shit back in 2017. This and Wagerr.
I lost about 90% or more of my money in both.
I sold verge in july of 17 and loaded up on neo, gas and binance tokens. Btw: I didn’t sell wagerr until October of last year for 4 cents. Smfh!

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
With all the money printing, it's now more important than ever to properly position for a win. And what we will see is governments/corps/banks taking large crypto positions so they win regardless. They are the strong hands. They ain't about to be replaced. They got all the capital to eat the most. People just need to get in on the bluechips and go along for the ride. Folks going to wake up in 2030 with a 7 figure BTC and a 6 figure ETH and be on the wrong side of history. :smh:

PREACH MAN.
Get ready and stay ready.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
I sold verge in july of 17 and loaded up on neo, gas and binance tokens. Btw: I didn’t sell wagerr until October of last year for 4 cents. Smfh!

I still have my Wagerr on Yobit exchange but can't take it off as they're not trade-able. Not even for a loss. SMH
That exchange is scammy as fuck. They steal your shit. I got about 2Gs that is stuck there forever.

RoomService

BGOL Investor
I still have my Wagerr on Yobit exchange but can't take it off as they're not trade-able. Not even for a loss. SMH
That exchange is scammy as fuck. They steal your shit. I got about 2Gs that is stuck there forever.
I’m really sorry to hear that, but you just gave the best example for the newbies not to keep their resources on exchanges.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Them grimy cocksuckers at wager LOCKED the tokens during the bullrun peak when Wagerr hit $1. Folks were beyond pissed. And they did it as soon as the price started rising. Cost me thousands. I dumped that bullshit in late 2018 when it last bounced high in the fall. Actually won bets with that shit and cashed out.

That was right about the time COSS put thousands of my dollars on ice.

Damn I was in some shitcoins. Waltonchain, wabi, lomo, all them bitches pumped, just didn't jump out soon enough. Walton was over $30 at one point. Jesus. Icon.

RoomService

BGOL Investor
Damn I was in some shitcoins. Waltonchain, wabi, lomo, all them bitches pumped, just didn't jump out soon enough. Walton was over $30 at one point. Jesus. Icon.
#metoo... But I dumped Walton and Ark @ $10.00 and rode everything else down to level zero. :smh: Tnc and Sub cost me $25,000

Buy .20 50,000 TNC price 0.0006251

Buy 1.00 15,000 Sub price 0.001757

Last edited:

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I agree. DOT is pretty strong for a newcomer. There is plenty of room for ETH, DOT, and ADA to coexist. ADA just remind me of a cat waiting to come up with the perfect thing to say to a woman. Fuck perfect. Just approach. Financial guys really going to take notice of ETH with the CME's futures. DOT and ADA will have to wait a couple years for that type of shit. Making tech legit to the finance guys is huge.

This time around, I took time to learn TA, about money/banking/inflation, and market cycles.

I agree with your overall stance with the financial world paying more attention to Ethereum now, but the timeline for Cardano may be sooner than a couple of years assuming IOG is able to execute their projected rollout timeline. I don't know enough about Dot, but im holding.

Cardano is being built with the traditional financial world in mind with Marlow. The goal of Marlow is to make smart contracts that non programmers can use. Cardano will also allow multiple programming languages to be used including the Ethereum solidity language. This will allow alot programmers to build on Cardano and allow those who are on ETH today to easily build or port to Cardano.i believe the ETH converter will be completed in the next two months or 2nd quarter.

Currently the biggest advantage Ethereum has is its liquidity. However, supposedly it will be cheaper to build and run on Cardano. Two or three (SingularityNET is one of the top of my head) well known projects have already openly stated their issues with Ethereum and are planning to replicate parts of their projects on Cardano. Emurgo is also working on defi applications and a stable coin for Cardano. In the last few months, Cardano has been in talks to build bridges (I'm assuming wrapped products) from litecoin, IOTA and Ethereum Classic. I'm guessing this is also in hopes of building the liquidity to for Cardano.

Assuming Ethereum doesn't move swiftly with the 2.0 rollout, I can see Cardano and Dot taking more of the market share from Ethereum sooner than later.in my opinion they rushed out phase 0 because of Dot and Cardano finally completing POS. Assuming Cardano completes Goguen no later than third quarter, the biggest thing will be how many projects and how fast will said projects onboard. Supposedly there are already over a hundred projects ready to rollout on Cardano. Granted a hundred is nothing compared to Ethereum it is a decent start especially if some of the projects are high quality.Charles also keeps mentioning something big in Ethiopia, but im not sold on it and will wait to see the deal and does it include use of the public Cardano chain. The increase in liquidity will bring in more attention from institutions. Hopefully by this time more projects will have clarity around their security status which is the other big advantage Bitcoin and Ethereum have over their competitors.

For the record, my opinion is more than bias given the amount of Ada I hold.

Green Starbuck

Rising Star
Registered
Them grimy cocksuckers at wager LOCKED the tokens during the bullrun peak when Wagerr hit $1. Folks were beyond pissed. And they did it as soon as the price started rising. Cost me thousands. I dumped that bullshit in late 2018 when it last bounced high in the fall. Actually won bets with that shit and cashed out.

Walton would have been my biggest come up if I had cashed out at $40. Yes, it went up that high.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
#metoo... But I dumped Walton and Ark @ $10.00 and rode everything else down to level zero. :smh: Tnc and Sub cost me $25,000

Buy .20 50,000 TNC price 0.0006251

Buy 1.00 15,000 Sub price 0.001757

:angry::angry::angry: Sub. The fucks who run that should be in prison. Lost on that too. Shit eventually was delisted.
I agree with your overall stance with the financial world paying more attention to Ethereum now, but the timeline for Cardano may be sooner than a couple of years assuming IOG is able to execute their projected rollout timeline. I don't know enough about Dot, but im holding.

Cardano is being built with the traditional financial world in mind with Marlow. The goal of Marlow is to make smart contracts that non programmers can use. Cardano will also allow multiple programming languages to be used including the Ethereum solidity language. This will allow alot programmers to build on Cardano and allow those who are on ETH today to easily build or port to Cardano.i believe the ETH converter will be completed in the next two months or 2nd quarter.

Currently the biggest advantage Ethereum has is its liquidity. However, supposedly it will be cheaper to build and run on Cardano. Two or three (SingularityNET is one of the top of my head) well known projects have already openly stated their issues with Ethereum and are planning to replicate parts of their projects on Cardano. Emurgo is also working on defi applications and a stable coin for Cardano. In the last few months, Cardano has been in talks to build bridges (I'm assuming wrapped products) from litecoin, IOTA and Ethereum Classic. I'm guessing this is also in hopes of building the liquidity to for Cardano.

Assuming Ethereum doesn't move swiftly with the 2.0 rollout, I can see Cardano and Dot taking more of the market share from Ethereum sooner than later.in my opinion they rushed out phase 0 because of Dot and Cardano finally completing POS. Assuming Cardano completes Goguen no later than third quarter, the biggest thing will be how many projects and how fast will said projects onboard. Supposedly there are already over a hundred projects ready to rollout on Cardano. Granted a hundred is nothing compared to Ethereum it is a decent start especially if some of the projects are high quality.Charles also keeps mentioning something big in Ethiopia, but im not sold on it and will wait to see the deal and does it include use of the public Cardano chain. The increase in liquidity will bring in more attention from institutions. Hopefully by this time more projects will have clarity around their security status which is the other big advantage Bitcoin and Ethereum have over their competitors.

For the record, my opinion is more than bias given the amount of Ada I hold.
I know the timeline for product release isn't a couple years away. I was referring to futures in the financial sector. As we see with Bitcoin, it ain't always about the latest and greatest tech. Finance guys want track record and liquidity. That's why ETH is just now gaining some respect.

And yeah, that securities bullshit still is dangling over the likes of ADA, LINK, and others. Both are ICO tokens from late 2017. Both said no U.S. citizens, but we know SEC makes shit up as they go along. They basically need to be paid off if they come knocking. Hopefully, Charles ain't one of those folks who like to take stands. He has a rep of being hard to work with, so who knows.

Once Grayscale adds them, they will start to be legit to finance guys. For the most part, finance people who even like ETH usually have 80 percent BTC and 15 -20 percent ETH. That's how hard it is to get adopted by finance guys. And that's with everything that is built on ETH from stable coins to private blockchains in enterprise.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
I’m really sorry to hear that, but you just gave the best example for the newbies not to keep their resources on exchanges.

Experience is the best teacher.
I got caught chasing fool's gold based off of others' quick-rich success stories and not my own research and tact implementation.
I move differently nowadays.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:angry::angry::angry: Sub. The fucks who run that should be in prison. Lost on that too. Shit eventually was delisted.

I know the timeline for product release isn't a couple years away. I was referring to futures in the financial sector. As we see with Bitcoin, it ain't always about the latest and greatest tech. Finance guys want track record and liquidity. That's why ETH is just now gaining some respect.

And yeah, that securities bullshit still is dangling over the likes of ADA, LINK, and others. Both are ICO tokens from late 2017. Both said no U.S. citizens, but we know SEC makes shit up as they go along. They basically need to be paid off if they come knocking. Hopefully, Charles ain't one of those folks who like to take stands. He has a rep of being hard to work with, so who knows.

Once Grayscale adds them, they will start to be legit to finance guys. For the most part, finance people who even like ETH usually have 80 percent BTC and 15 -20 percent ETH. That's how hard it is to get adopted by finance guys. And that's with everything that is built on ETH from stable coins to private blockchains in enterprise.

I got what you were saying. My statements aren't around which tech is better but building liquidity. My point was that if Cardano's (or Dots etc..) upgrades happen as scheduled this year the increased liquidity would attract institutions and more investment products being built in the process sooner. As related to the tech, I do believe that simpler tools will encourage traditional companies to actually build on Cardano building more liquidity instead of mainly investing/holding Ethereum.the potential building on Cardano will lead to more liquidity. Further the real reason for Ethereum getting attention is probably linked more to it being officially deemed not be a security. I could see other coins getting similar treatment in 1.5 to 2 years or sooner.

To your point, better tech than Ethereum already exists from my limited understanding.some people think Tron is better in some regards for example. Ethereum's advantages are its liquidity, first mover with smart contracts, early investors promoting it (Mike Novogratz for example) and it not being a security. It could be argued that they have somewhat of an unfair advantage, but I see them losing those advantages sooner rather than later. Again that's if these platforms can gain adoption from the crypto industry and in turn continue to grow their liquidity. That doesn't necessarily mean Ethereum will lose its dominance though especially if they can keep pace or upgrade faster. It wasn't that long ago that Ethereum wasn't considered any better than any other Alt coin. It's adoption through smart contracts and in turn liquidity is what started to change people's mind.

Just like having better tech doesn't guarantee usage being the first mover doesn't mean you'll always be the leader. Ethereum still needs to continue to evolve to maintain its dominance.i didn't say it but im also holding Ethereum in the event my tone is sounding like I'm calling for the fall of Ethereum.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I got what you were saying. My statements aren't around which tech is better but building liquidity. My point was that if Cardano's (or Dots etc..) upgrades happen as scheduled this year the increased liquidity would attract institutions and more investment products being built in the process sooner. As related to the tech, I do believe that simpler tools will encourage traditional companies to actually build on Cardano building more liquidity instead of mainly investing/holding Ethereum.the potential building on Cardano will lead to more liquidity. Further the real reason for Ethereum getting attention is probably linked more to it being officially deemed not be a security. I could see other coins getting similar treatment in 1.5 to 2 years or sooner.

To your point, better tech than Ethereum already exists from my limited understanding.some people think Tron is better in some regards for example. Ethereum's advantages are its liquidity, first mover with smart contracts, early investors promoting it (Mike Novogratz for example) and it not being a security. It could be argued that they have somewhat of an unfair advantage, but I see them losing those advantages sooner rather than later. Again that's if these platforms can gain adoption from the crypto industry and in turn continue to grow their liquidity. That doesn't necessarily mean Ethereum will lose its dominance though especially if they can keep pace or upgrade faster. It wasn't that long ago that Ethereum wasn't considered any better than any other Alt coin. It's adoption through smart contracts and in turn liquidity is what started to change people's mind.

Just like having better tech doesn't guarantee usage being the first mover doesn't mean you'll always be the leader. Ethereum still needs to continue to evolve to maintain its dominance.i didn't say it but im also holding Ethereum in the event my tone is sounding like I'm calling for the fall of Ethereum.
I agree. It wasn't long ago that ETH was just another alt. Then it was daddy of the ico shitcoin. But now, it's spawned DEFI and numerous stablecoins. It's just a monster. If Link is the Defi king, eth is the defi gawd. Even the former OCC guy said defi is the future. One of the SEC folks was raving about defi recently. As for the fees, that don't mean shit to the big boys. They paying them.

DOT got lucky by hitting the ground running and will ride this defi boom with eth. ADA going to have a lot to catch up on, but it will definitely eat.

It's just funny watching everyone talk about defi projects gong to boom and the top ones all built on eth. That lead on the verge of becoming a bit too much.

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Glad I snagged a few ETH. Should've grabbed a few more while it was still as low as $120 but oh well.

Last edited:

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol I did/do that. I ain't the type to just be asking 4 assistance all willy nilly. I actually hate having to ask. But what's a good general page range to go back and start at cause I'm sure shit from page 1 is probably obsolete now
follow the top ten cryptos as a starting point. Learn why these are so popular. Once you see the pattern , you can apply what you learned to other crypto projects to gauge their potential value. Of course, there will reddits, twitter feeds, youtube posts, etc. you can use for information as well.