Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Follow the partnerships and investors. Anyone been following what some of the venture capitalist have in their portfolios? I believe alot of Asian and asian-backed cryptos will explode.
It's a year old but here's some of what many crypto venture capitalists have been hodling. @
Some that I've been given a heads up on are...
FBG Capital and #Hashed. Both are trying to hide their portfolios. Hashed a few months ago removed their portfolio list from their website. Why?

chart-1024x630.jpg

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah, just makes sense to stack xrp,btc, and eth. Folks just need to be patient like the rich are with their investments. The big money is accumulating. Rich will be getting richer.

Lately I've been thinking that holding a large amount of alts may be a mistake. The main reason for the prices in 2017 was the ICO usage from ETH. Currently there is no real reason to use atl coins.even with the limited usage xrp gets and potential, people still dont invest in it on a large scale. Bitcoin has options to be used and very few people seem to use it for payments.

Second at the time you had to use bitcoin or eth to buy almost everything. Currently there are more places where you can use fiat or more stable coins to buy alts. For example Uphold is adding 15 tokens/coins over the next few weeks and of course Coinbase has been adding more options.

Third Regulators are paying more attention to the market so the crazy moves from 2017 are less likely to occur.

I'm still holding a large amount of ada, but even if Shelley happens I'm not sure it will even touch .30.

Bitcoin may be the only crypto worth holding long term even without being used for purchases.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That all depends on the alt you're holding.

So what alts are you using? I'm not talking about holding as an investment.

Personally the only one I'd consider using right now is siacoin. However, I dont have a reason to pay to store files online. You can earn Bat xrp and some others, but there is nothing to really make people who are not developers use it yet.

I'd consider using crypto for payments, but there is no benefit/incentive to do so right now that I'm aware of.

The only reason I'd still buy bitcoin is that institutions seem to be supporting it for the time being. However, if this turns into a fad the institutions will just move on and absorb the loss.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I think we have another 5 to 10 years before we see an alt that is really used on a major scale outside of speculation. It also would not shock me if the halving doesn't have as much as an impact on the overall market or even bitcoin as people think.

I'm still holding alts, but moving forward more money will be going to bitcoin and slowly I'll convert my alts to btc.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
So what alts are you using? I'm not talking about holding as an investment.

Personally the only one I'd consider using right now is siacoin. However, I dont have a reason to pay to store files online. You can earn Bat xrp and some others, but there is nothing to really make people who are not developers use it yet.

I'd consider using crypto for payments, but there is no benefit/incentive to do so right now that I'm aware of.

The only reason I'd still buy bitcoin is that institutions seem to be supporting it for the time being. However, if this turns into a fad the institutions will just move on and absorb the loss.

I hope I'm proven wrong, but I think we have another 5 to 10 years before we see an alt that is really used on a major scale outside of speculation. It also would not shock me if the halving doesn't have as much as an impact on the overall market or even bitcoin as people think.

I'm still holding alts, but moving forward more money will be going to bitcoin and slowly I'll convert my alts to btc.

VeChain is the only one I'm using but the interface for their supply chain stuff is TERRIBLE.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Lately I've been thinking that holding a large amount of alts may be a mistake. The main reason for the prices in 2017 was the ICO usage from ETH. Currently there is no real reason to use atl coins.even with the limited usage xrp gets and potential, people still dont invest in it on a large scale. Bitcoin has options to be used and very few people seem to use it for payments.

Second at the time you had to use bitcoin or eth to buy almost everything. Currently there are more places where you can use fiat or more stable coins to buy alts. For example Uphold is adding 15 tokens/coins over the next few weeks and of course Coinbase has been adding more options.

Third Regulators are paying more attention to the market so the crazy moves from 2017 are less likely to occur.

I'm still holding a large amount of ada, but even if Shelley happens I'm not sure it will even touch .30.

Bitcoin may be the only crypto worth holding long term even without being used for purchases.
Only alts I like right now are xrp and eth, and those are still risky compared to BTC(which is a risk itself). Just feel money will go to the established and top dogs. Folks are steering the big money to the top dogs. It's like people buy BTC and then ETH,xrp, and ltc are the addons. BTC the burger, while xrp, eth, ltc the fries and drink. I feel if BTC remains, those top ones will stay on menus.

After the 'fries and drinks' alts, we're talking shit that could get dropped off the menu at any time. There's shit tied to those slick fucks at binance like bnb and trx. As long as those fools don't get Uncle Sam'd, they will always baby their own and have the money to do it.

But it just seems like a period of accumulation and adjustment right now. Like come back in 2021 and check holdings at the earliest for serious gains. Until then, I'll keep getting more of the top dogs. Game is building slow. Joe public seems to be on the sidelines while the big money isn't. Since there aren't 1000x gains, game to slow for Joe. :smh: But if Joe took advantage of all this downtime 5x or 10x gains would change their lives.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Only alts I like right now are xrp and eth, and those are still risky compared to BTC(which is a risk itself). Just feel money will go to the established and top dogs. Folks are steering the big money to the top dogs. It's like people buy BTC and then ETH,xrp, and ltc are the addons. BTC the burger, while xrp, eth, ltc the fries and drink. I feel if BTC remains, those top ones will stay on menus.

After the 'fries and drinks' alts, we're talking shit that could get dropped off the menu at any time. There's shit tied to those slick fucks at binance like bnb and trx. As long as those fools don't get Uncle Sam'd, they will always baby their own and have the money to do it.

But it just seems like a period of accumulation and adjustment right now. Like come back in 2021 and check holdings at the earliest for serious gains. Until then, I'll keep getting more of the top dogs. Game is building slow. Joe public seems to be on the sidelines while the big money isn't. Since there aren't 1000x gains, game to slow for Joe. :smh: But if Joe took advantage of all this downtime 5x or 10x gains would change their lives.

I overall agree with you. However, I'm concerned that ETH may never be able to scale or at least no time in the near future. Second even though the ETH Alliance has a lot of big names attached, I haven't heard of any of them using the public blockchain.

XRP is being used but not on a large scale and its forced Ripple to pivot to things they claimed they would not do in 2017/early 2018. Its great that they open their eyes however it also seems that their initial vision is harder to pull off than they thought. Also you dont have many people building on the platform like with other blockchains.

I'm just not sure if anything in the top ten will be around long term or if the Amazon/Netflix/Google of crypto has even been created yet.

For the time being at least bitcoin seems to be getting a push, but what catalyst will push the price to the next level. It could just be the halving however in mind that is not enough especially if you take the litecoin halving into account.

Moving Target

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
China coming out with a digital currency to replace their paper money.
and this is exactly why i think xrp will be the interoperability token of the financial system. if you havent heard the term "PRE-ALLOCATION THEORY" YET...look it up and research it. it does have some merit. if it proves true, then xrp is destined to be at least 1000 usd in the near future during the financial crisis as it will help liquidify the market during the credit freeze.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Teeka Tiwari (Palm Beach Research Group) had a webinar last night called " 5 coins to 5 million dollars." He's well respected in the cryptoworld, does extensive research and recommendations. Of course he's trying to sell his newsletter but he did give the name of his number one pick, which was Chainlink.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Teeka Tiwari (Palm Beach Research Group) had a webinar last night called " 5 coins to 5 million dollars." He's well respected in the cryptoworld, does extensive research and recommendations. Of course he's trying to sell his newsletter but he did give the name of his number one pick, which was Chainlink.

He recommended Chainlink before the Google announcement when it was under a dollar. With the news, it quickly rose to almost 5 dollars.

He recently recommended a higher buy up to price of 2.50 and stated that he believes more news is to come.

It was a great call but he's also called a lot of coins that were nothing more than pump and dumps.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He recommended Chainlink before the Google announcement when it was under a dollar. With the news, it quickly rose to almost 5 dollars.

He recently recommended a higher buy up to price of 2.50 and stated that he believes more news is to come.

It was a great call but he's also called a lot of coins that were nothing more than pump and dumps.

Very true. I never buy right after he makes a pick because it always pumps. Chainlink has retraced to reasonable levels now so I'm pretty comfortable taking a position at these prices.

wouncie

If you don’t own any Bitcoin you’re doing it wrong
OG Investor
Bigboys hold and trade btc. Shitcoins will be the death of noobs.

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Binance US Reveals its Plan To List 30 Crypto Tokens; Here’s The List

it will list Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Binance Coin (BNB), XRP, Stellar Lumens (XLM), Litecoin (LTC), Cardano (ADA), Cosmos (ATOM), Basic Attention Token (BAT), Bitcoin Cash ABC (BCHABC), DASH, EOS, Ethereum Classic (ETC), HOT, IOTA, LINK, Loom Network (LOOM), MANA, NANO, NEO, PAX, REP, RVN, TUSD, USDC, USDT, VET, WAVES, ZIL, ZRX.

https://coingape.com/binance-us-list-30-crypto-tokens/

https://cointelegraph.com/news/binance-considering-support-for-30-tokens-for-us-customers

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Bitcoin cash and Chainlink are holding up relatively well. Some of these top 20 alts just got slaughtered.

GOD MATERIAL

GOD MATERIAL
Registered
I'm trying to tell people. Watch Asia.
YEAH. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEM TRADE TALKS END AND THEY STOP RIOTING.CHINA AND SINGAPORE THE SPOTS TO WATCH.CHINA GOT SOME REAL NICE ELECTRIC CAR COMPANIES LIKE NIO.

TRADE IS SLOWING DOWN IN CHINA BUT WHEN EVERYTHING SETTLE DOWN IT'S GONNA' BE ALL GOOD.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hello Poloniex Customer,

We are writing to inform you that Poloniex is spinning out from Circle into a new company called Polo Digital Assets, Ltd. This new company will have the full backing of a major Asian investment group, who intends to focus on the needs of global crypto traders.

Unfortunately, the Poloniex spin out will not include US customers, so Circle is winding down access to the Poloniex exchange for you and other US customers. Here is the wind down schedule:

October 18, 2019, US persons will no longer be able to create, or complete the set-up, of a new Poloniex account.

November 1, 2019, you will no longer be able to execute trades and should no longer deposit assets.

You will be able to access and withdraw your cryptocurrencies, through Circle until at least December 15, 2019.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hello Poloniex Customer,

We are writing to inform you that Poloniex is spinning out from Circle into a new company called Polo Digital Assets, Ltd. This new company will have the full backing of a major Asian investment group, who intends to focus on the needs of global crypto traders.

Unfortunately, the Poloniex spin out will not include US customers, so Circle is winding down access to the Poloniex exchange for you and other US customers. Here is the wind down schedule:

October 18, 2019, US persons will no longer be able to create, or complete the set-up, of a new Poloniex account.

November 1, 2019, you will no longer be able to execute trades and should no longer deposit assets.

You will be able to access and withdraw your cryptocurrencies, through Circle until at least December 15, 2019.

I'm positive I've completely gotten out of Poloniex but I'm gonna double check just in case.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
YEAH.I PICKED UP SOME BYD STOCKS A FEW WEEKS AGO.I GOT SOME NIO AND TENCENT, TOO.
I’m not familiar with what BYD does outside of the auto space, but right now electric sales have plunged in China after government subsidies ended and NIO being another electric vehicle manufacturers recently laid off a bunch of workers because they aren’t doing so hot.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
20 billion added in a few hours. Lol.

I saw that happening and bought some BTC on the day FB talked with Congress about their project. There was no real reason for the drop per the norm except the discussion with FB. I wish I had gone with my instincts more and put more money in at 7500.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hello Poloniex Customer,

I'm kind of curious as to what happens if you don't get your shit out by December 15.