Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Bitcoin Will Hit $87,000 by November 2020, Predicts Anonymous User Who Called This Year's Rally

An anonymous 4chan user who was spot on in his bitcoin price predictions so far this year, accurately hitting price targets, has predicted BTC will hit $87,000 in November of 2020.

As first reported by TrustNodes, the anonymous 4chan user accurately called that bitcoin bottomed out in December 2018 at $3,200, and also got right BTC would be trading at $5,300 in April.

He accurate predictions didn’t end there. The anonymous analyst predicted bitcoin would trade at $9,200 in July and came extremely close, as in the beginning of the month BTC dipped to about $9,500 before recovering.

4chan-bitcoin-price-prediction-january-2019-1200x314.png__800x209_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.png

In the future, the 4chan user sees bitcoin hit $16,000 in October, and keep on rising to get to $29,000 in February of 2020. By November of that year, it’ll be at $87,000. He adds that then its market cap will be of $1.5 trillion, and its dominance will be between 40% and 46%, meaning the cryptocurrency space would have a market cap of well over $3 trillion.

At press time, bitcoin is trading at about $11,380, after rising from the dip earlier this month. The cryptocurrency’s recovery so far this year was notable, even though it’s still around 40% below its all-time high. In the chart, we can see the analyst got his predictions right so far.

day_cryptocompare_index_btc_usdt_181_11562410238776.png__800x495_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.png

Per the anonymous analyst “the charts never lie.” The model used seems to revolve around bitcoin’s price doubling every time it starts to rise. This pattern has, according to TrustNodes, been occurring since at least 2013.

His predictions would nevertheless line up with those of other prominent cryptocurrency analysts. Willy Woo, for example, has predicted bitcoin’s market cap will hit $1 trillion by 2025, while top technical analyst Carter Worth, who called bitcoin’s price would be at $10,000 in June, told CNBC viewers to enjoy bitcoin’s roller coaster ride to another breakout.

Moving Target

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bitcoin Will Hit $87,000 by November 2020, Predicts Anonymous User Who Called This Year's Rally

An anonymous 4chan user who was spot on in his bitcoin price predictions so far this year, accurately hitting price targets, has predicted BTC will hit $87,000 in November of 2020.

As first reported by TrustNodes, the anonymous 4chan user accurately called that bitcoin bottomed out in December 2018 at $3,200, and also got right BTC would be trading at $5,300 in April.

He accurate predictions didn’t end there. The anonymous analyst predicted bitcoin would trade at $9,200 in July and came extremely close, as in the beginning of the month BTC dipped to about $9,500 before recovering.

4chan-bitcoin-price-prediction-january-2019-1200x314.png__800x209_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.png

In the future, the 4chan user sees bitcoin hit $16,000 in October, and keep on rising to get to $29,000 in February of 2020. By November of that year, it’ll be at $87,000. He adds that then its market cap will be of $1.5 trillion, and its dominance will be between 40% and 46%, meaning the cryptocurrency space would have a market cap of well over $3 trillion.

At press time, bitcoin is trading at about $11,380, after rising from the dip earlier this month. The cryptocurrency’s recovery so far this year was notable, even though it’s still around 40% below its all-time high. In the chart, we can see the analyst got his predictions right so far.

day_cryptocompare_index_btc_usdt_181_11562410238776.png__800x495_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.png

Per the anonymous analyst “the charts never lie.” The model used seems to revolve around bitcoin’s price doubling every time it starts to rise. This pattern has, according to TrustNodes, been occurring since at least 2013.

His predictions would nevertheless line up with those of other prominent cryptocurrency analysts. Willy Woo, for example, has predicted bitcoin’s market cap will hit $1 trillion by 2025, while top technical analyst Carter Worth, who called bitcoin’s price would be at $10,000 in June, told CNBC viewers to enjoy bitcoin’s roller coaster ride to another breakout.

A man can only hope this shit is right.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
great break down of the "why".....

I need this BTC to drop upder $10K so I can jump in.

I'm hanging onto mine and gonna get more ASAP!!

Right now I don't think there is an economic incentive to run a node.

The few people I know that run one do it as a hobby/novelty even though they take payments on them.

I asked Jameson Lopp that question and he gave me some b.s. answer about helping the community.

Litecoin Surged 400% The Month Before Last Halving, Will it Repeat This Time?

https://www.newsbtc.com/2019/06/30/...before-last-halving-will-it-repeat-this-time/

august 6th

So whats the best exchange to buy and sell now? everything is changing so fast and Im trying to figure it out....

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
coinbase or gemini

binance is still an option but they’re closing their doors to US citizens on 9/11 (the irony)
Question, when Binance closes, will they close out your account if you are a US citizen? or they just wont accept you after 9/11??

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
Question, when Binance closes, will they close out your account if you are a US citizen? or they just wont accept you after 9/11??

They are going to create a Binance for U.S. citizens, it's possible that this will be a neutered version of Binance with far less coins but we won't know until we see it. My assumption is 2-4 weeks beforehand, they'll probably send out an email to let everyone know what to do.

If I had to guess what'll happen, I'd say after the cut off date, they still allow you to have access to your account to move funds off, but won't let you trade at all. We'll see though.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

you will still have access to your funds and can withdraw them but you won’t be able to trade and you might not be able to make deposits

*edit*

After 90 days, effective on 2019/09/12, users who are not in accordance with Binance’s Terms of Use will continue to have access to their wallets and funds, but will no longer be able to trade or deposit on Binance.com.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
you will still have access to your funds and can withdraw them but you won’t be able to trade and you might not be able to make deposits

*edit*
I dont trust that. Granted Bianance isn't a small exchange and are technically outside of the us, I would still move anything you can to a wallet or another exchange before the deadline.

I'm hoping they have the US exchange up and running before the date, but I may get rid of anything that is not on another major exchange. Even if it has a wallet, it doesn't mean anything if you can't find a place with real liquidity to sell it.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I dont trust that. Granted Bianance isn't a small exchange and are technically outside of the us, I would still move anything you can to a wallet or another exchange before the deadline.

I'm hoping they have the US exchange up and running before the date, but I may get rid of anything that is not on another major exchange. Even if it has a wallet, it doesn't mean anything if you can't find a place with real liquidity to sell it.

of course!

great points

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
nah,

what real world use does this dapp have tho and why should I be creating one??

Wouldn't that be the same reason people create apps? candy crush is an example of apps/game that brought in revenue and was just fun/addictive to play to some people. Everything doesn't need to change the world. I'm sure the first popular mainstream dapp will be some dumb game or another form of entertainment.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wouldn't that be the same reason people create apps? candy crush is an example of apps/game that brought in revenue and was just fun/addictive to play to some people. Everything doesn't need to change the world. I'm sure the first popular mainstream dapp will be some dumb game or another form of entertainment.

doesnt need to change the world but it has to have value, candy crush had value.. gaming has real world value..

now and days..

I support anything decentralized but is it really, you still have to trust the team that developed it right??

like E voting.. its only as honest as the muthafucka who wrote the software..

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
doesnt need to change the world but it has to have value, candy crush had value.. gaming has real world value..

now and days..

I support anything decentralized but is it really, you still have to trust the team that developed it right??

like E voting.. its only as honest as the muthafucka who wrote the software..

when I think of anything decentralized it simply means no one governing body/point of failure and anyone can take part including the development of the software.youre technically right about trusting the software developers, but in most cases the code is open sourced. If like myself you can't read code, you'll always need to trust an outside source, but 3rd parties can review the code.

monsterman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Buy NASH Exchange (NEX).
I've heard thru tha grapevine for over tha past few months that this could be a tru competitor to Binance. NOW with the bullshit going on with Bittrex and Binance, NASH is pumping hard.
Might have to start watching these DEXes closer. Airswap (AST) is another I would watch.

Here's another DEX to watch, Metamorph (METM)
They just released V2 of their platform
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/metamorph/
Watch these "All in One" platforms

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is probably the bloodiest time so far in 2019.

yea like usual that dip just came outta left field like strawberry in the late eighties...:lol:

its all good tho, china still wakin up lets see what they do by end of day... shit is crazy.. it could go down to eight thousand today

.. and be sixteen thousand by end of august...

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tax-refund-and-dollars-860x430.jpg

https://www.coindesk.com/irs-confirms-it-trained-staff-on-finding-crypto-wallets

IRS Confirms It Trained Staff to Find Crypto Wallets

Anna Baydakova

Jul 12, 2019 at 17:30 UTC
Updated Jul 15, 2019 at 01:03 UTC
NEWS

The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may consider subpoenaing major tech companies like Apple, Google and Microsoft in search of taxpayers’ unreported cryptocurrency holdings.

That’s according to aslide deckpresentation from an IRS cyber training session, which details a number of ways the agency’s criminal investigators might find potential crypto tax cheats.

“Issuance of a Grand Jury Subpoena should be considered for Apple, Google, and Microsoft for the Subject’s complete application download history,” says the slide deck prepared by James Daniels, the program manager for cyber crimes at the IRS’ criminal investigation unit.

“Each application’s function should be explored to determine whether or not the application can transmit, or otherwise allow, transactions in bitcoin,” Daniels wrote. If so, it should be checked whether the app allows only peer-to-peer transactions, or also transactions with crypto-related businesses.

The deck wasleaked on Twitterthis week by a certified public accountant (CPA) named Laura Walter. The IRS confirmed to CoinDesk that the slides were genuine.

Justin Cole, director of communication and education at IRS’ criminal investigation unit, said the materials were presented to agency staff at an event at the World Bank in Washington, D.C., on June 5-7.

“The training material has been used around the world to various law enforcement partner audiences and was again given at this forum in a room that included partners from dozens of countries around the world as well as various press members,” Cole wrote in an email.

He would not say whether the IRS will definitely implement the suggested measures. “I can’t discuss specific investigative actions that the agency may or may not take in the future,” Cole said.

Searching social media
Daniels’ presentation also suggested that the IRS request information from “those who know the financial habits of the Subject, including, but not limited to, bank tellers, family and friends of the Subject (if feasible), and establishments the Subject frequents that may accept bitcoins.”

Social media accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, also should be searched for public mentions of crypto-related information, as well as vendors that accept bitcoin, the deck says.

“A Grand Jury Subpoena should also be considered for (and may already have been obtained during the normal course of the investigation) the Subject’s financial accounts, including, but not limited to, the Subject’s bank, credit card, and PayPal records,” the document goes on, for the further analysis of transactions.

If it becomes clear that the subject of an investigation owns bitcoin, all wallet addresses and balances should be identified, Daniels wrote.

If they use an exchange or online wallet service these companies can be subpoenaed for the user’s balance, addresses, and “any identifying information,” including “any linked financial accounts, login times and information, correspondence, and transaction details,” the slide deck says.

However, the reliability of this approach “has yet to be extensively tested,” Daniels acknowledged. “As such, it may not be advised to send a Subpoena for records if not critically necessary.”

The taxpayers under investigation themselves shouldn’t be sent subpoenas, as this “may be detrimental to the seizure of any bitcoin balance.”

The IRS’s subpoena power applies in civil cases as well as criminal ones, noted Lisa Zarlenga, a partner at the law firm of Steptoe & Johnson. “While this presentation was given by the criminal investigation unit and clearly indicates that criminal investigation will use that tool, there is nothing preventing the civil side from using it as well,” she said.

However, Zarlenga pointed out, the IRS is required to notify taxpayers before it subpoenas third parties, so people will likely know if the tax agency is looking for their bitcoin.

The IRS is getting ready to issue new guidance on reporting crypto for tax purposes, the first to come out since an initial notice published in 2014. A number of questions on how exactly crypto should be taxed have come up since then, often with multiple possible wayst o tackle them.

IRS slideshow by CoinDesk on Scribd

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tax-refund-and-dollars-860x430.jpg

https://www.coindesk.com/irs-confirms-it-trained-staff-on-finding-crypto-wallets

IRS Confirms It Trained Staff to Find Crypto Wallets

Anna Baydakova

Jul 12, 2019 at 17:30 UTC
Updated Jul 15, 2019 at 01:03 UTC
NEWS

The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may consider subpoenaing major tech companies like Apple, Google and Microsoft in search of taxpayers’ unreported cryptocurrency holdings.

That’s according to aslide deckpresentation from an IRS cyber training session, which details a number of ways the agency’s criminal investigators might find potential crypto tax cheats.

“Issuance of a Grand Jury Subpoena should be considered for Apple, Google, and Microsoft for the Subject’s complete application download history,” says the slide deck prepared by James Daniels, the program manager for cyber crimes at the IRS’ criminal investigation unit.

“Each application’s function should be explored to determine whether or not the application can transmit, or otherwise allow, transactions in bitcoin,” Daniels wrote. If so, it should be checked whether the app allows only peer-to-peer transactions, or also transactions with crypto-related businesses.

The deck wasleaked on Twitterthis week by a certified public accountant (CPA) named Laura Walter. The IRS confirmed to CoinDesk that the slides were genuine.

Justin Cole, director of communication and education at IRS’ criminal investigation unit, said the materials were presented to agency staff at an event at the World Bank in Washington, D.C., on June 5-7.

“The training material has been used around the world to various law enforcement partner audiences and was again given at this forum in a room that included partners from dozens of countries around the world as well as various press members,” Cole wrote in an email.

He would not say whether the IRS will definitely implement the suggested measures. “I can’t discuss specific investigative actions that the agency may or may not take in the future,” Cole said.

Searching social media
Daniels’ presentation also suggested that the IRS request information from “those who know the financial habits of the Subject, including, but not limited to, bank tellers, family and friends of the Subject (if feasible), and establishments the Subject frequents that may accept bitcoins.”

Social media accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, also should be searched for public mentions of crypto-related information, as well as vendors that accept bitcoin, the deck says.

“A Grand Jury Subpoena should also be considered for (and may already have been obtained during the normal course of the investigation) the Subject’s financial accounts, including, but not limited to, the Subject’s bank, credit card, and PayPal records,” the document goes on, for the further analysis of transactions.

If it becomes clear that the subject of an investigation owns bitcoin, all wallet addresses and balances should be identified, Daniels wrote.

If they use an exchange or online wallet service these companies can be subpoenaed for the user’s balance, addresses, and “any identifying information,” including “any linked financial accounts, login times and information, correspondence, and transaction details,” the slide deck says.

However, the reliability of this approach “has yet to be extensively tested,” Daniels acknowledged. “As such, it may not be advised to send a Subpoena for records if not critically necessary.”

The taxpayers under investigation themselves shouldn’t be sent subpoenas, as this “may be detrimental to the seizure of any bitcoin balance.”

The IRS’s subpoena power applies in civil cases as well as criminal ones, noted Lisa Zarlenga, a partner at the law firm of Steptoe & Johnson. “While this presentation was given by the criminal investigation unit and clearly indicates that criminal investigation will use that tool, there is nothing preventing the civil side from using it as well,” she said.

However, Zarlenga pointed out, the IRS is required to notify taxpayers before it subpoenas third parties, so people will likely know if the tax agency is looking for their bitcoin.

The IRS is getting ready to issue new guidance on reporting crypto for tax purposes, the first to come out since an initial notice published in 2014. A number of questions on how exactly crypto should be taxed have come up since then, often with multiple possible wayst o tackle them.

IRS slideshow by CoinDesk on Scribd

the irs is sooo fuckin thirsty and desperate.. I almost hate to tell them, they are going to be playing a never ending game of tag..

and thats exactly what the hardcore crypto community wanted,

crypto was created to be a big fuck you to the elite bankstas and their fuckin hired muscle the irs and feds..

they are already proving what the crypto community said day one.. do NOT trust no free email service, or your isp, or your bank..

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Id say it again and again.. if the irs wants to not being playin catch up ball the rest of their waning existence.

they fuckin better lose the gluttony and jest be like... when you cash out.. give us our ten percent.. boom....

even tho they shouldnt even get that.. but lets play give and take.. give up the greed and take the ten percent...

everybody wins..

but the irs only knows one way.. and that will be their demise...

crypto is NOT going to lose against the govt.. its called fuckin CRYPTO for cryin out loud...

T.H.E. Brew$er

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So whats the best exchange to buy and sell now? everything is changing so fast and Im trying to figure it out....

Best thing to do is to research projects you wish to participate in, then go to a site like coinmarketcap.com and find out which exchanges the coin trades on.

Then look into their withdrawal limits so you know how to get the tokens off the exchange...

I've found many of the projects that are on Binance are also on Kucoin and you can trade without KYC confirmation...