Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
The year is 4599
People with mental telepathy and telekineses are being hunted down by an empire led by a person with these same abilities.
There are trillions of species and galaxies each more unique and extravagant than the one before it.
Ships can travel across them in the time it takes for us to brew a cup of coffee
Android float in hallways patrolling, with weapons and facial recognition capabilities tied to a sophisticated defense system that is deemed impenetrable.

One small faction of the last remnant of these telekinetic beings has a hologram available of what they believe the enemy forces look like
They hatch a plan to undertake a suicide mission to rescue a princess inside its walls.

It will take cunning, telekinesis, mental telepathy, guile, swiftness, and a stroke of luck to make it out of this alive....

SO LET'S GET THESE HANDHELD WALKIE-TALKIES TO COMMUNICATE IN THE MOTHERFUCKING OPEN AND DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE VOLUME ON MAX CAUSE IF ITS LOWER THAN MAX WHERE EVERYONE IN A 10-FOOT RADIUS CAN HEAR YOU THEN HOW WILL WE COMMUNICATE?

SURE I MAY BE HIDING FROM A HEAT-SEEKING DROID WITH CANNON ARMS AND UNLIMITED AMMO

SURE I MAY BE NEAR SOME STORMTROOPERS WHO ARE READY TO BLAST ME TO HELL

SURE I MAY EVEN BE IN THE MAIN CONTROL ROOM DOING HOODRAT SHIT IN THE MOTHERFUCKING OPEN WITH EVERYONE WATCHING TALKING TO YOU TELLING YOU I'VE LEFT AND OPENING UNDERWATER ---- AS WHAT DO YOU KNOW??? WE'RE LITERALLY SITTING UNDERWATER I SEE YOU NIGGA I SEE YOU.
YOU JUST SWAM BY ITS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU BEN MY BOY BEN YEA TO THE LEFT WATCH OUT FOR THAT GHRJGIRHSN FISH

I WILL NOT ONLY CALL OUT YOUR NAME NO MATTER WHAT AND SPEAK RIGHT INTO THE FUCKING MIC ON THAT THING I WILL DO IT REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU MIGHT BE GOING THROUGH BECAUSE HEY WHO GIVES A MOTHER FUCK

THIS IS NO LONGER A MISSION FOR BEN

THIS IS A MISSION FOR.... YES YOU GUESSED IT

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

publicenemy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Indian chick helping Obi Wan and Leia had a clear shot on Vader.....but shot a stormtrooper instead :hmm:

Lolz great episode. Vader is being portrayed as he should; an unstoppable Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees force (no pun) of destruction....
Vader would have stopped that shit in mid-air.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The year is 4599
People with mental telepathy and telekineses are being hunted down by an empire led by a person with these same abilities.
There are trillions of species and galaxies each more unique and extravagant than the one before it.
Ships can travel across them in the time it takes for us to brew a cup of coffee
Android float in hallways patrolling, with weapons and facial recognition capabilities tied to a sophisticated defense system that is deemed impenetrable.

One small faction of the last remnant of these telekinetic beings has a hologram available of what they believe the enemy forces look like
They hatch a plan to undertake a suicide mission to rescue a princess inside its walls.

It will take cunning, telekinesis, mental telepathy, guile, swiftness, and a stroke of luck to make it out of this alive....

SO LET'S GET THESE HANDHELD WALKIE-TALKIES TO COMMUNICATE IN THE MOTHERFUCKING OPEN AND DON'T FORGET TO PUT THE VOLUME ON MAX CAUSE IF ITS LOWER THAN MAX WHERE EVERYONE IN A 10-FOOT RADIUS CAN HEAR YOU THEN HOW WILL WE COMMUNICATE?

SURE I MAY BE HIDING FROM A HEAT-SEEKING DROID WITH CANNON ARMS AND UNLIMITED AMMO

SURE I MAY EVEN BE IN THE MAIN CONTROL ROOM DOING HOODRAT SHIT IN THE MOTHERFUCKING OPEN WITH EVERYONE WATCHING TALKING TO YOU TELLING YOU I'VE LEFT AND OPENING UNDERWATER ---- AS WHAT DO YOU KNOW??? WE'RE LITERALLY SITTING UNDERWATER I SEE YOU NIGGA I SEE YOU.
YOU JUST SWAM BY ITS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU BEN MY BOY BEN YEA TO THE LEFT WATCH OUT FOR THAT GHRJGIRHSN FISH

I WILL NOT ONLY CALL OUT YOUR NAME NO MATTER WHAT AND SPEAK RIGHT INTO THE FUCKING MIC ON THAT THING I WILL DO IT REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU MIGHT BE GOING THROUGH BECAUSE HEY WHO GIVES A MOTHER FUCK

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
you are being generous to the shit writing on this show....

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
First, Reva has Leia kidnapped to get to Obi-Wan. Now, she thinks Lei knows where the rebels are?

it makes sense because leia was in the tunnels that was considered a rumor to reva and her people. and she already to killed rebel waiting for leia.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Really??? Episodes 7, 8 & 9 made sense your saying?

It goes back to what I said earlier.

Disney made the decision to clean up George’s mess.

They made those 3 movies to officially close out the Skywalker storyline along with introducing new characters and plot lines for other projects during that time period.

Disney other option was to reboot the entire franchise and start from scratch. If they did that mofos would have strokes comparing the new stuff to George’s mess.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
We are wakanda. The most advanced nation on Earth. We have the ability to give a white man an advanced mechanical arm but I have my armies fighting in loin cloth and no armor.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I am Doctor Strange. I cast a spell saying everyone will forget Peter Parker is Spiderman. Yet all the articles and broadcasts proving he is Spiderman still exist. So apparently no one watched TV or youtube in this new reality. Lmao

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The year is 4599

You forgot this nig swarm through an ocean and wasn’t wet when he got out

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
the original trilogy..a mess?
200.gif

It was.

I am, along with a few others on this forum who saw episode 4 in the theater on its initial release in 1977. And later episodes 5 and 6.

Back then, you have to take into account that there was nothing like Star Wars that had been released in theaters for Sci-Fi. The closest thing that looked liked it was “2001: A Space Odyssey”. As good as that film looked, it had a sterile look to it. Star Wars looked real. That’s why people were amazed including me.

But when it started. The first thing you saw was “Episode 4”. I remember sitting in the theater and leaned over to my step-father and whispered “Was there movies before this that I didn’t see?”. Then the scroll came on and I and others are like “Huh?”. A lot of folks missed the opening scroll cuz they were still out in the popcorn line or doing whatever outside.

For a 7 year old child to ask that question, right there you know you fucked up. The only reason I knew Roman numerals is cuz my 2nd grade teacher taught us how to read them when somebody asked about the numbers used in the Super Bowl.

Remember also, back then there was no internet, no entertainment cable channels or anything. Nobody knew what Star Wars was. Sci-Fi magazines really didn’t have anything to say prior to its debut in 1977.

It became popular thru word of mouth. When people saw it and went home, people they knew asked what it was. The shit was so visually mind blowing at the time, all you could say was “You Gotta Go See It, Cuz I Can’t Explain It!”.

I know a lot of cats on this forum the first time they saw SW was on VHS/DVD that their parents had. Over the past 20 years there has been a shit load of material released not just in theaters but also on TV that blow SW away. That’s one of the reasons people are so against the new material coming out.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
I am Thanos and I have 2 stones already. I know there are 2 on Earth. Being I'm the most powerful being in the galaxy, do I go get those two? Nah, I'll send some lackeys. It's just been my only goal for years, no biggie.

Instead, I'll go get one stone by getting Gamora to tell me where the soulstone is. Now I know Gamora will come after me on Knowhere cause???

And after I get that stone, do I go to Earth and get the last two?

Not yet fam. I'ma stop by the crib on Titan first, even though ain't shit or nobody there. But then it just happens Doctor Strange and the time stone is there. Damn, of all the luck.

Now I guess I'll finally go to Earth to get the last stone. But first I'll send my army to fight a useless battle for the CGI cred then I'll just teleport where the stone is then take it.

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I am Thanos and I have 2 stones already. I know there are 2 on Earth. Being I'm the most powerful being in the galaxy, do I go get those two? Nah, I'll send some lackeys. It's just been my only goal for years, no biggie.

Instead, I'll go get one stone by getting Gamora to tell me where the soulstone is. Now I know Gamora will come after me on Knowhere cause???

And after I get that stone, do I go to Earth and get the last two?

Not yet fam. I'ma stop by the crib first on Titan first, even though ain't shit or nobody there. But then it just happens Doctor Strange and the time stone is there. Damn, of all the luck.

Now I guess I'll finally go to Earth to get the last stone. But first I'll send my army to fight a useless battle for the CGI cred then I'll just teleport where the stone is then take it.
Storm troopers get shot..but there are no holes..but they lay down dead..how sway… no blood ever..but bodies just layed out

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Same way Thor got blasted by the power of a whole ass star and his clothes didn't even get singed.
You say this like some of us haven’t found flaws in mcu.. iron man 2 iron man 3 guardians of galaxy 2 ant man 2 etc we’ve said were shit movies.. hell I didn’t even really like end game.. winter soldier, infinity wars, dr strange more my cup of tea.. all the movies that were different than the usual marvel shit

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
And I'm not mad at all of the stuff
Or any of the stuff

They just used having loud walkie talkies as a plot device and they could and should do better than that lol

It worked in the opposite way of creating tension

She laid out a dude and put him right behind a panel

That was in the middle of the room
If you walked into the room you'd say hey why is he laid out there?

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
You say this like some of us haven’t found flaws in mcu.. iron man 2 iron man 3 guardians of galaxy 2 ant man 2 etc we’ve said were shit movies.. hell I didn’t even really like end game.. winter soldier, infinity wars, dr strange more my cup of tea.. all the movies that were different than the usual marvel shit

There were plenty of things in Infinity War that didn't make any sense. So you can either comb over it and point out every little thing or just enjoy the movie.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
And I'm not mad at all of the stuff
Or any of the stuff

They just used having loud walkie talkies as a plot device and they could and should do better than that lol

It worked in the opposite way of creating tension

She laid out a dude and put him right behind a panel

That was in the middle of the room
If you walked into the room you'd say hey why is he laid out there?

Bro it didn't make sense. But not much in the whole Star Wars universe does. It's just popcorn lol.

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

They made those 3 movies to officially close out the Skywalker storyline along with introducing new characters and plot lines for other projects during that time period.

Disney other option was to reboot the entire franchise and start from scratch. If they did that mofos would have strokes comparing the new stuff to George’s mess.

Why does it make less sense now than it ever did before?
At this point the only reason older fans watch is for those now unfortunately rare moments that "feel like old Star Wars".

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

Dis ey ain't clean up shit. That sequel trilogy was a straight up cash grab. George was t thinking about making anymore movies but instead was trying to raise his new born daughter. Nobody asked for the sequels either.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
It was.

I am, along with a few others on this forum who saw episode 4 in the theater on its initial release in 1977. And later episodes 5 and 6.

Back then, you have to take into account that there was nothing like Star Wars that had been released in theaters for Sci-Fi. The closest thing that looked liked it was “2001: A Space Odyssey”. As good as that film looked, it had a sterile look to it. Star Wars looked real. That’s why people were amazed including me.

But when it started. The first thing you saw was “Episode 4”. I remember sitting in the theater and leaned over to my step-father and whispered “Was there movies before this that I didn’t see?”. Then the scroll came on and I and others are like “Huh?”. A lot of folks missed the opening scroll cuz they were still out in the popcorn line or doing whatever outside.

For a 7 year old child to ask that question, right there you know you fucked up. The only reason I knew Roman numerals is cuz my 2nd grade teacher taught us how to read them when somebody asked about the numbers used in the Super Bowl.

Remember also, back then there was no internet, no entertainment cable channels or anything. Nobody knew what Star Wars was. Sci-Fi magazines really didn’t have anything to say prior to its debut in 1977.

It became popular thru word of mouth. When people saw it and went home, people they knew asked what it was. The shit was so visually mind blowing at the time, all you could say was “You Gotta Go See It, Cuz I Can’t Explain It!”.

I know a lot of cats on this forum the first time they saw SW was on VHS/DVD that their parents had. Over the past 20 years there has been a shit load of material released not just in theaters but also on TV that blow SW away. That’s one of the reasons people are so against the new material coming out.
A lot of.people.are.against the new material is because it will prolly screw up the continuity the way this show kinda does. Dave filoni already took his magic marker and scribbled all over the continuity with his one wars retcons and rebels show.
In all honesty the sequel trilogy wasn't that good infact is was a disjointed mess because each sequel tried to fix the mistakes of the previous movie and by the time they go to rise of Skywalker that movie showed as a latched together mess of things. The force awakens was a nice little nostalgia trip , the last Jedi was a bland 2 hour long chase scene and the rise of Skywalker was a metaphor for what that trilogy was a disjointed mess although it had some spectacle and nice visuals.

Last edited:

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It was.

when lucas created it back then it wasn't yet episode 4-it was just "star wars"-it was intended to be a one off movie...even the studios thought it would be a bust and didn't finance it
because it was so popular he did two more sequels- and those effectively closed the skywalker story with this scene from return of the jedi...

the disney sequels rendered this scene useless by bringing back palpatine in the rise of skywalker

ppl are against the new material because now they're trying to tell a new side of the already told story by focusing on a baby version of leia

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
when lucas created it back then it wasn't yet episode 4-it was just "star wars"-it was intended to be a one off movie...even the studios thought it would be a bust and didn't finance it
because it was so popular he did two more sequels- and those effectively closed the skywalker story with this scene from return of the jedi...

the disney sequels rendered this scene useless by bringing back palpatine in the rise of skywalker

ppl are against the new material because now they're trying to tell a new side of the already told story by focusing on a baby version of leia

I hate shitting on George but the old star wars movies just did not age well. Instead of rebooting the franchise they keep trying to fix Georges outdated hiccups.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:yes:

Universal financed Star Wars pre-production then Fox took over...
but wouldn't greenlight the full budget- thats when Lucas covered the shortfall by licensing toys for vehicles and characters they didn't even design yet...
:lol:

@blackbull1970
when Star Wars debuted - there was no "ep4" on the scroll...

ep 4, 5, 6 title / scroll... wasn't added until the mid 90s re-releases with updated fx sound and re-cut scenes (rip Greedo & human Jabba the Hut)