Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022) (Official Discussion Thread) New Official trailer 1 (5/4) (Drops 5/27) (SPOILERS)

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They hid them from the Emperor, not Vader.

Peep the 2:45 timestamp

That's NOT true.
And in the very clip you posted, they didn't say they needed to hide the children from Palpatine.
They said they need to hide them from THE SITH.
And even then, Obiwan already knew Anakin had survived their duel. Hell, even Padme knew and with her last dying breath, she was still trying to convince Obiwan there was still good in Anakin. :dunno:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
He said "hide them from the sith" not the emperor.
That's NOT true.
And in the very clip you posted, they didn't say they needed to hide the children from Palpatine.
They said they need to hide them from THE SITH.
And even then, Obiwan already knew Anakin had survived their duel. Hell, even Padme knew and with her last dying breath, she was still trying to convince Obiwan there was still good in Anakin. :dunno:
and WHO the fuck was the Sith Lord that was operating under their noses for years? The fucking Emperor,

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Think that rule of two don't mean shit to Sidious cause remember this MF is still alive
5bce366e8c07100001956f6b-image_4bd92c44.jpeg

till him and Kenobi have their final rematch.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obi Wan did not know Vader survived Mustafar.
Obi Wan did not know HOPED Vader wouldn't survive Mustafar.
- But yes, Obi Wan did know that he survived.
Which is why he turned Luke over to Owen and Beru on Tatoonie. A planet and household he KNEW Anakin/Vader would never return to...

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Obi Wan did not know Vader survived Mustafar.
According to the Kenobi writer, they wrote the show as if he didn't know. This is contrary to previously established canon via James Luceno’s Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Obi finds out sitting in his favorite cantina and it comes across the screen about Vader. The Kenobi writer also says they are hoping to "clear up" or explain other "plot holes."

Of course, this messes up stuff

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
According to the Kenobi writer, they wrote the show as if he didn't know. This is contrary to previously established canon via James Luceno’s Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Obi finds out sitting in his favorite cantina and it comes across the screen about Vader. The Kenobi writer also says they are hoping to "clear up" or explain other "plot holes."

Of course, this messes up stuff
Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader is a novel set in the non-canonical Star Wars Legends continuity, written by James Luceno, that was published by Del Rey on November 22, 2005. Wikipedia

Shadow

The Dark Lord
BGOL Investor
Lights of Ren and inquisitors aren't actual with just darkside users to be a sith you have to be initiated into the order and gain the hidden knowledge.

semi/correct, keep in mind that acolytes (dark Jedi/inquisitors/Knights of Ren) never meant to attain the title. They are completely expendable.they true Sith Lord keeps the infighting going to pick the best apprentice. Remember Dooku…

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
semi/correct, keep in mind that acolytes (dark Jedi/inquisitors/Knights of Ren) never meant to attain the title. They are completely expendable.they true Sith Lord keeps the infighting going to pick the best apprentice. Remember Dooku…
exactly... Dooku never taught Ventress nor Savage to craft a lightsaber or bleed kyber crystal...
Maul never had time to train Savage...

also as an apprentice senses opportunity to eliminate its master - they will cultivate a new apprentice in waiting
eg non-canon - Vader fully training Starkiller

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude, you've been pretty much SPOT ON in your assessment of this series and the events therein.
- Obiwan KNEW Anakin was Darth Vader and had survived their duel long before Reva stated it.
- Obiwan was hiding on Tatoonie not just to avoid The Emperor but to hide from Vader IN PARTICULAR.
- Obiwan was on Tatoonie because he knew that Tatoonie is the one planet Vader would NEVER return to. (George Lucas HIMSELF established why he wouldn't).
- The Emperor DID NOT know Anakin's child had survived Padme's death until The Empire Strikes Back.

Just as neither Vader nor Palpatine knew ANYTHING about Leia until Return of The Jedi.

So far, this show has been fucking up Star Wars lore pretty badly... :smh:

Dude, you've been pretty much SPOT ON in your assessment of this series and the events therein.
- Obiwan KNEW Anakin was Darth Vader and had survived their duel long before Reva stated it.
- Obiwan was hiding on Tatoonie not just to avoid The Emperor but to hide from Vader IN PARTICULAR.
- Obiwan was on Tatoonie because he knew that Tatoonie is the one planet Vader would NEVER return to. (George Lucas HIMSELF established why he wouldn't).
- The Emperor DID NOT know Anakin's child had survived Padme's death until The Empire Strikes Back.

Just as neither Vader nor Palpatine knew ANYTHING about Leia until Return of The Jedi.

So far, this show has been fucking up Star Wars lore pretty badly... :smh:

Are you sure? I kinda suspect Kenobi had no idea Anakin was alive after being burned until after Reva mentioned it. I just assumed Obi-won was in hiding from the Darth Sidious and his controlled empire. I have no problem with this series - yet
I still would've thought this would Obi-wan's face after hearing Vader - was alive and seeing him in the armor:

I'll give you this; why would Reva arrange for Bail Organa's daughter to be kidnapped to lure out Kenobi since she would not know anything special about her(the little girl).......:idea:.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
91Ks5hTuBeL.jpg

Followed by...
Emperor-Palpatine-Count-Dooku-and-Darth-Maul.jpg

But don't take my word for it.
Go research it yourself...
:ssshhh:

you're right. Hell, from some stuff had me thinking that Pleigus was actually running around during "The Phantom Menace". And remember, they built the Jedi temple on top a nexus that supposedly had Darkside energeries connected to it - which was a stupid idea :smh:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Are you sure? I kinda suspect Kenobi had no idea Anakin was alive after being burned until after Reva mentioned it. I just assumed Obi-won was in hiding from the Darth Sidious and his controlled empire. I have no problem with this series - yet
I still would've thought this would Obi-wan's face after hearing Vader - was alive and seeing him in the armor:

I'll give you this; why would Reva arrange for Bail Organa's daughter to be kidnapped to lure out Kenobi since she would not know anything special about her(the little girl).......:idea:.

She said she found a connection between Bail and Obi; had nothing to do with the daughter; daughter was just bait...

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If she was already slated to die this season, there isn't anything they can do to change it at this point. The season has already been shot. Her motivation seems ridiculously simplistic and nonsensical. She's killed the grand inquisitor to gain favor with Vader? It reminds me of Sons of Anarchy. When Juice stole drugs from the club, gave evidence to the cop, and killed a club member......so they wouldn't find out his dad was black? Which is still the dumbest character motivation in the history of film.

I finished SOA not that long ago and I thought that was stupid as well...especially considering they were practically "brothers" with the Black Bastards

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Indian chick helping Obi Wan and Leia had a clear shot on Vader.....but shot a stormtrooper instead :hmm:

Lolz great episode. Vader is being portrayed as he should; an unstoppable Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees force (no pun) of destruction....

When I saw Obi-Wan Running, thats exactly who I thought of watching Vader walk...lol..im like watch ObiWan fall down on something stupid :lol:

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Indian chick helping Obi Wan and Leia had a clear shot on Vader.....but shot a stormtrooper instead :hmm:

Lolz great episode. Vader is being portrayed as he should; an unstoppable Michael Myers/Jason Vorhees force (no pun) of destruction....
Vader could have blocked the shot though; Like he did with Han Solo; and almost any other time someone shot at him...

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So then it wouldn't be a group anymore.
Hence why they chose the dialog "The sith" rather than the Emperor.
The Emperor would be looking for a new apprentice....hence hiding the twins from the Sith (when he finds one)
The chose to use the word Sith because Sidious wasnt referred to as the Emperor then; title Emperor didnt come until after; they also didnt know his real name; all of the Jedi were saying Sith; even Anakin...

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The chose to use the word Sith because Sidious wasnt referred to as the Emperor then; title Emperor didnt come until after; they also didnt know his real name; all of the Jedi were saying Sith; even Anakin...

They were always referring to more than 1 person as well. No one in the history of star wars said 'The sith' to refer to one person.
It's either
'a sith'
'a sith' ________ (title)

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes, Obi Wan did know Anakin was still alive:

He purposesly did not kill Anakin, but left him to die. But by the end of Revenge of The Sith, he already knew Anakin had survived.
The clip you posted is really about Obi Wan seeing Darth Vader in armor for the 1st and realizing "the enforcer" on screen, who killed jedi and Ankakin were one and the same.

Reva used Leia because she surmised that Obi Wan and Bail had a past association due to the events in The Clone Wars and Revenge of The Sith.

:dunno:

Last edited:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

He purposesly did not kill Anakin, but left him to die. But by the end of Revenge of The Sith, he already knew Anakin had survived.
The clip you posted is really about Obi Wan seeing Darth Vader in armor for the 1st and realizing "the enforcer" on screen, who killed jedi and Ankakin were one and the same.

Reva used Leia because she surmised that Obi Wan and Bail had a past association due to the events in The Clone Wars and Revenge of The Sith.

Peep how leia says you served my father like she never had any past relationship with obi and is just somebody she’s heard about..that’s the problem with the show they have a full protector/victim relationship that there’s no way she would ever address him in the future like some stranger she’s heard of

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

Obi wan didn't know Vader survived he left him for dead on mustafar hoping that would be the end of it.. nothing in those clios you posted prooves otherwise

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Peep how leia says you served my father like she never had any past relationship with obi and is just somebody she’s heard about..that’s the problem with the show they have a full protector/victim relationship that there’s no way she would ever address him in the future like some stranger she’s heard of
So far young Leia only knows him as Ben. More than likely they will stick with that throughout the show and she will never know who he really is.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She knew he was on Tatooine, the two droids didn't just randomly crash there either.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
It is dumb because they would win and finally conquer the universe if the Sith had an army of force users.

The Knights of Ren are definitely force users.

So what are they? Dark Jedi?
There used to be multiple Sith but they were always infighting and losing as a result of it. That's why the rule of 2 was created. One to have the power and the apprentice to covet it. The apprentice would eventually grow powerful enough to defeat the master and then he would take on an apprentice of his own. The goal was to weed out the weak and only have the most powerful as Sith.

Last edited: