NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
It aint NO WAY A DISS

Its the truth

its the way you worded it

Its like you have been able to invent some type of "written" euro step

I was about to jump out at you and attack/defend

and then you just shifted extended and exposed my faulty logic

and now I'm sitting on my ass in the paint watching you go for a well thought out disputable lay up of truth.

(Imma PM you something, I got this idea for a rap thing with Marvel gimmie a second)
Do-a-Lay-Up-Step-12-Version-4.jpg

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Of all the people in the history of the nba
Jerry west is the logo

Of all the greatest players to play it's on brand for not the greatest to be the logo
It's not even a diss right?
Jerry west was the logo when wilt chamberlain existed and Bill Russell had 11 rings
It's like the whitest representation of basketball
Dr J. Is windmilling on people but let's make the logo someone dribbling upright in proper position.

This doesn't mean west was bad he was a great player

And not the greatest in a sea of greats

West wasn’t chosen as the logo because he was a great or the greatest player. His picture, not him was chosen because it was a great picture that would look great representing the league as a logo.

Why did you select Jerry West as the silhouette of the NBA logo?

I started thinking about it and was very close with Dick Schaap, the sportswriter. He was working at SPORTmagazine, so I asked him if I could look at their photo files. I went through the files and I found a number of images of NBA players … I found a picture of Jerry West, which is what I used as the basis of the logo. I was attracted to it because it was nice and vertical, and it had him leaning and dribbling … had a little motion to it. I designed eight, nine or 10 different versions, and that turned out to be the most effective. I presented it to the NBA, and they approved it immediately and began to use it. Today, they would’ve gone through some sort of crazy research process for six months, but it was spontaneously accepted, and it’s been used now for 40-plus years.

Who were some of the other players you considered?

I looked at some logos where there were hands up around the net and the ball. I looked at Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s hook shot. I looked at Wilt Chamberlain, Tom Havlicek, Tom Golaand a few others that I remember. The one with West just really worked. It was really kind of elegant and classic. … At the time, he was on the All-Star team like 12 times. He was the MVP in one of the Finals.

Did you originally tell the NBA that the logo was West?

When I presented it, I didn’t make a deal out of it. I didn’t say it was West. I said it was based on a picture that I found. Somehow, people traced it to that. I never said anything about it. I met commissioner David Stern when I was on vacation, and I talked to him about it. He didn’t want to recognize that it was based on a West picture, for whatever reason.

Did you ever talk with West about how he felt?

I’ve never had any conversations with him. I met him in a restaurant in L.A. He was with a PR guy having lunch. He was sitting at this table, and I was introduced to him as the guy who did the logo. He said, ‘Who was the commissioner?’ I said, ‘Walter Kennedy.’ He looked down and started eating and didn’t speak to me. Then I met him before a Lakers game. I had dinner in the private club with Jeanie Buss, who’s now the president of the Lakers, as her guest. West was sitting at a table with his son. I went over and introduced myself again, and he was gruff and didn’t say anything. And then when his biographer [Jonathan Coleman] wrote his book, he called me and I spoke to him a little bit. West wouldn’t get on the phone. West … seems to be sort of uncomfortable with being the symbol of the NBA. When I did the Major League Baseball symbol, Harmon Killebrew called me and said, ‘Is it based on me?’ And I said, ‘No … sorry.’ Various other people called me and said, ‘Was that me? Can you say it’s me?’ And I said, ‘No.’ In baseball, these guys wanted it to be them, and here’s West, who’s the symbol for the NBA, and he’s uncomfortable with it. God knows why.

https://theundefeated.com/features/hall-of-fame-jerry-west-designer-alan-siegel-nba-logo/

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
West wasn’t chosen as the logo because he was a great or the greatest player. His picture, not him was chosen because it was a great picture that would look great representing the league as a logo.

Why did you select Jerry West as the silhouette of the NBA logo?

I started thinking about it and was very close with Dick Schaap, the sportswriter. He was working at SPORTmagazine, so I asked him if I could look at their photo files. I went through the files and I found a number of images of NBA players … I found a picture of Jerry West, which is what I used as the basis of the logo. I was attracted to it because it was nice and vertical, and it had him leaning and dribbling … had a little motion to it. I designed eight, nine or 10 different versions, and that turned out to be the most effective. I presented it to the NBA, and they approved it immediately and began to use it. Today, they would’ve gone through some sort of crazy research process for six months, but it was spontaneously accepted, and it’s been used now for 40-plus years.

Who were some of the other players you considered?

I looked at some logos where there were hands up around the net and the ball. I looked at Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s hook shot. I looked at Wilt Chamberlain, Tom Havlicek, Tom Golaand a few others that I remember. The one with West just really worked. It was really kind of elegant and classic. … At the time, he was on the All-Star team like 12 times. He was the MVP in one of the Finals.

Did you originally tell the NBA that the logo was West?

When I presented it, I didn’t make a deal out of it. I didn’t say it was West. I said it was based on a picture that I found. Somehow, people traced it to that. I never said anything about it. I met commissioner David Stern when I was on vacation, and I talked to him about it. He didn’t want to recognize that it was based on a West picture, for whatever reason.

Did you ever talk with West about how he felt?

I’ve never had any conversations with him. I met him in a restaurant in L.A. He was with a PR guy having lunch. He was sitting at this table, and I was introduced to him as the guy who did the logo. He said, ‘Who was the commissioner?’ I said, ‘Walter Kennedy.’ He looked down and started eating and didn’t speak to me. Then I met him before a Lakers game. I had dinner in the private club with Jeanie Buss, who’s now the president of the Lakers, as her guest. West was sitting at a table with his son. I went over and introduced myself again, and he was gruff and didn’t say anything. And then when his biographer [Jonathan Coleman] wrote his book, he called me and I spoke to him a little bit. West wouldn’t get on the phone. West … seems to be sort of uncomfortable with being the symbol of the NBA. When I did the Major League Baseball symbol, Harmon Killebrew called me and said, ‘Is it based on me?’ And I said, ‘No … sorry.’ Various other people called me and said, ‘Was that me? Can you say it’s me?’ And I said, ‘No.’ In baseball, these guys wanted it to be them, and here’s West, who’s the symbol for the NBA, and he’s uncomfortable with it. God knows why.

https://theundefeated.com/features/hall-of-fame-jerry-west-designer-alan-siegel-nba-logo/

Which is my point in the 2nd quote of mine
People came to watch Wilt
They came to see Dr J Dunk
There were tons of ACTUAL ambassadors for the league
but the league felt the image of a white dude dribbling upright would be best...when in fact that didn't represent the league anymore and never did again.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Which is my point in the 2nd quote of mine
People came to watch Wilt
They came to see Dr J Dunk
There were tons of ACTUAL ambassadors for the league
but the league felt the image of a white dude dribbling upright would be best...when in fact that didn't represent the league anymore and never did again.

Dude looked at the picture and liked it, so did the NBA. It had nothing to do with “Jerry” which was my point of posting.

If he saw a picture that he liked of Wilt or Bill Russell he might’ve chosen it. It just so happened that he liked that specific picture of West.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Essentially, the CEO is blaming Kyrie for leaving for how bad the Celtics are playing right now. The nerve

Or their shitty coach for not knowing how to use him...

Its clear as day he's better as a SG/scorer than a pure playmaker/point...

Even Nash figured that out by having Kyrie play off the ball with Dinwiddie and now Harden...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Celtics owner blames Kyrie Irving’s departure for struggles

There’s no love lost between the Boston Celtics and Kyrie Irving. Despite parting ways nearly two years ago, Cs managing partner, CEO, and Governor Wyc Grousbeck recently went on the record to say that it was Kyrie’s departure that led to the team’s recent struggles.

In a recent interview with NBC Sports Boston Grousbeck explains why he believes Irving’s decision to jump ship continues to have an adverse effect on Boston to this very day:

“We had hoped Kyrie would stay forever and lead us all the way,” Grousbeck admitted. “He’s on maybe the best team on the league right now and so that’s that. That change touched off a lot of stuff because he left, we weren’t maybe able to recruit free agents in the same way, and a bit of a domino effect. But it is what it is. We went for it with Kyrie. We had a good year with him. He tried hard and then he moved on.”
Talk about keeping a grudge, right? Grousbeck tried to be as neutral as he could, but it is clear in his statement above that he continues to rue Irving’s decision to leave the Celtics to join Kevin Durant with the Brooklyn Nets in the summer of 2019.

To be fair, Boston still made the Conference Finals last year sans Kyrie. You also have to remember that they also lost him to injury towards the latter part of the 2017-18 season, where they would also make a trip to the East Finals. In the one season they had Irving healthy for a playoff run (2018-19), they were ousted by the Milwaukee Bucks in five games in the second round. Just stating facts here.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Dude looked at the picture and liked it, so did the NBA. It had nothing to do with “Jerry” which was my point of posting.

If he saw a picture that he liked of Wilt or Bill Russell he might’ve chosen it. It just so happened that he liked that specific picture of West.

I def feel that's an understatement.
It's not about Jerry specifically.
But about what they wanted to represent so there's windmilling , hook shots, all finger rolls and all sorts of other pictures he filtered through
but the basic one he was like yeah that... the nba is basic lol

nah

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Send Kuzma bitch ass to NO with the rest of the trash they packaged for AD. Tell em they forgot one and ask for JJ Redick in return.

@LordSinister , maybe the halfbreed bitch can "find his rhythm" on Bourbon St.
Who had the worst +/- and is shooting 20% behind the arc?

Just don't say shit when LeBron poaches DC for BB and gives you THT, cac Caruso and a 4th round pic

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Be thankful for the win streak and stfu.

All you do is crack on Kuz, but not the 2 stink bombs that y'all picked up off the Lakeshow scrap heap. How's Mo Wagner doing? T Bryant? :lol: :lol: