NBA Season is Returning This Year!!!!!!!

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I don't understand, why the referees keep giving him all the calls. You can even breath on him without being a call being on you. I mean,half of his points are from the free throw line. Sexton gets hit on the back of the head and have players step in his landing zone,which the referees is suppose to do after what happened to Kawhi yet he doesn't get no calls at all. Shit,makes no sense at all.
I agree.

O9LtgZ.jpg

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ESPN’s on his ass now too! :roflmao:

i

The NBA's savvy moves and the 'innovators' who push the limits of the rulebook

ONE OF TRAE YOUNG'S favorite moves is simple. He gets the ball, calls for a screen and turns the corner, putting his defender on his hip as the help comes over to corral the drive. Once he feels his defender behind, he brake-checks, pulling up into a quick shot.

A little old thing called Newton's first law of motion kicks in: A body in motion remains in motion unless acted upon by a force, i.e., the defender runs helplessly into Young's back.

The whistle blows. The foul is called. Two free throws are given.

Young hit the Brooklyn Nets with the move on Dec. 30. Nets head coach Steve Nash was not a fan.

"That's not basketball!" Nash yelled at the officials.

Nash's criticism went viral, and Young and the Hawks defended the star guard's tactic while others debated and discussed its fairness.

"I learned a lot about drawing fouls from [Nash]," Young told reporters in early January. "If he says it's not basketball, he must've been saying it about himself because he's done it a couple of times throughout his career and was so successful."

Trae Young leaves Nets incensed with his brake-check move
Trae Young continually gets to the free throw line against the Nets by stopping short and causing a defender to run into him.
For his part, Nash said he was just sticking up for his team and trying to gain an edge with the refs. It was a heat-of-competition comment, but he has no real issue with Young's play. Players have constantly been searching for advantages within the game: inventing and reinventing different ways to bend the rules.

"Other guys have pet moves that are there to deceive or to fool not just the defense, but the referees," Nash said. "That's where the game continues to evolve."

Moves like Young's stop-short jumper are crafted, refined and mastered through years of innovation. And like a cartoon rowboat, the league plugs one hole only to find another.

The prevailing feeling around the league: If you're not pushing the boundaries, you're not trying.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30947170/the-nba-savvy-moves-innovators-push-limits-rulebook

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor