NBA News

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
I bet Coach Cremins is :smh: at this great piece of news.

You mean you couldn't get a barber to to do that instead of actually tattooing your head?!?!

starburytattoo.jpg

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
:angry::angry::angry:Clippers Acquire Camby:angry::angry::angry:

Jul 15, 2008 9:43 PM EST

The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired forward Marcus Camby from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for a future second round draft pick.

The NBA Defensive Player of the Year in 2006-07, Camby comes to the Clippers with a reputation as one of the top defenders in the league. A 12-year veteran, Camby led the NBA in blocked shots last year (3.61) for the third straight season, becoming only the second player in NBA history to lead the league in three consecutive seasons.

“I love this acquisition for the current make up of our team,” Clippers head coach Mike Dunleavy said. “We are getting a consummate pro who is maybe the best team defender in the league and who has 60 playoff games under his belt.”

Camby played in a career-high 79 games last season for the Nuggets, averaging a career-high 13.1 rebounds and 9.1 points in a career-best 34.9 minutes per game while ranking first in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes (18.0).

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
:angry::angry::angry:Clippers Acquire Camby:angry::angry::angry:

Jul 15, 2008 9:43 PM EST

The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired forward Marcus Camby from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for a future second round draft pick.

The NBA Defensive Player of the Year in 2006-07, Camby comes to the Clippers with a reputation as one of the top defenders in the league. A 12-year veteran, Camby led the NBA in blocked shots last year (3.61) for the third straight season, becoming only the second player in NBA history to lead the league in three consecutive seasons.

“I love this acquisition for the current make up of our team,” Clippers head coach Mike Dunleavy said. “We are getting a consummate pro who is maybe the best team defender in the league and who has 60 playoff games under his belt.”

Camby played in a career-high 79 games last season for the Nuggets, averaging a career-high 13.1 rebounds and 9.1 points in a career-best 34.9 minutes per game while ranking first in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes (18.0).

Damn a talented team ...that's achilles heel was defense........just let go of their only DEFENSIVE player for a 2nd rd pick :lol:

tp2001

Star
Registered
Damn a talented team ...that's achilles heel was defense........just let go of their only DEFENSIVE player for a 2nd rd pick :lol:

I expect a bunch of losses by the Nuggets by the score of 130-117...

...and Iverson and Carmelo will in the top 10 in PPG....AGAIN...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
While I don't necessarily agree with the trade, I do understand it. Camby is 34 years old with a history of injuries and has never given his team a full 82 game season. It isn't gonna get any better for him

What I don't understand is how little they got for him. I would thing he warrants at least a 1st round pick

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
While I don't necessarily agree with the trade, I do understand it. Camby is 34 years old with a history of injuries and has never given his team a full 82 game season. It isn't gonna get any better for him

What I don't understand is how little they got for him. I would thing he warrants at least a 1st round pick

..he actually play most of the season, and was top three in blocks, and rebounds. He was almost an all-star. Why get rid of him now? (ESPECIALLY for a 2nd round pick.)

I went by the Nuggets message boards and the fans are ready to string up Kronke and George Karl.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Posey agrees to four-year deal with Hornets

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Updated: July 16, 2008, 7:53 PM ET

LAS VEGAS -- The reigning NBA champions are about to lose their glue guy.

James Posey, arguably the most coveted unrestricted free agent left on the market, agreed to a four-year deal with the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday worth an estimated $25 million, his agent, Mark Bartelstein, said.

"It was a really tough decision for him," Bartelstein said. "Boston was an incredible experience for him every way you look at it. If he was going to leave Boston, he wanted to make sure it was for a team that would compete for championship immediately and the Hornets certainly are in that world."

Because of future luxury-tax concerns, Boston was apparently reluctant to offer Posey, 31, more than a two- or three-year deal starting at the league's midlevel exception (just under $5.6 million) in spite of Posey's considerable contributions to the Celtics' first championship since 1986.

Getting Posey would be a huge coup for the Hornets, who are coming off a breakthrough season and increasingly billed as a future power in the West with quality starters such as David West, Tyson Chandler and Peja Stojakovic surrounding face of the franchise Chris Paul.

But the Hornets went into the summer desperate to fortify their thin bench and import a proven winner like Posey, who has won two rings in the past three seasons with the Celtics and Miami Heat.

Shortly before the draft, the Hornets traded away their only draft choice, the 27th overall pick, to the Portland Trail Blazers in exchange for $3 million in cash with the stated purpose of using that money toward a proven player in free agency who could help them win right away.

With the money they received from Portland, combined with the savings that came from not having to shell out guaranteed money to a first-round draft pick, the Hornets were able to offer a generous enough deal to bring Posey to New Orleans.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
..he actually play most of the season, and was top three in blocks, and rebounds. He was almost an all-star. Why get rid of him now? (ESPECIALLY for a 2nd round pick.)

and on the flip side of the coin, clippers fans aren't too thrilled that $10M went to marcus camby either.

not to suggest that marcus camby isn't "worth" it (even if you assume he will be healthy), but the clippers lost 45 points/game with elton brand and corey maggette leaving. clipper fans were expecting to get a productive scorer, not a defender.

so if i understand their situation correctly, the clippers have about $2M to throw at a free agent, and that amount isn't going to attract a whole of players.

in the meantime, the clippers starting roster looks like:

chris kaman
marcus camby
al thornton
cuttino mobley
baron davis

that right there is a trainer's nightmare.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Posey agrees to four-year deal with Hornets

good for james posey and good for the hornets.

i am interested in seeing how coach scott works james posey into the lineup.

is he going to be used only as a sub for the euro?

or will he play 2 positions and sub for morris peterson too?

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
good for james posey and good for the hornets.

i am interested in seeing how coach scott works james posey into the lineup.

is he going to be used only as a sub for the euro?

or will he play 2 positions and sub for morris peterson too?

Yeh Good for Posey at 31 years of age and a "Sub" he had to "Take the Money" $25Million over 4 years :yes:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor

I know all about his stats and how he can help a team. He was a Knick first remember? Not saying Camby isn't important, on the contrary, it's my belief that he was the MOST important player on that team last year.

I'm guessing that the head man figured they didn't make the playoffs with him playing most of the games (an anamoly), so they didn't need him again not to make it to the playoffs again. How many years are you gonna get a full season from Camby at this point?

But like I said before, my only problem is them getting so little in return for him.

On another note, it looks like Elgin has foregone any rebuilding tatctics and is now on the Danny Ainge styled win now techniques. I saw a rumor they were going after Iguodala next.

If that happens, it would give them a solid nucleus to build on. But they'll need a SOLID backup at the point cause I guarantee Davis don't play 82 games AND the playoffs

Diamels

Star
Registered

chris kaman
marcus camby
al thornton
cuttino mobley
baron davis

:lol: Like being the Clipper's trainer was ever a walk in the park

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Lakers won't match offer to Turiaf
Forward/center will go to Golden State after signing four-year, $17-million offer sheet.
By Steve Springer
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

July 19, 2008

Ronny Turiaf has expended his last burst of energy as a Laker.

As expected, General Manager Mitch Kupchak announced Friday the Lakers will not match the four-year, $17-million offer sheet Turiaf signed a week ago with the Golden State Warriors.

"When we looked realistically at how much time Ronny Turiaf will play for us," Kupchak said, "it's probably not a number that justifies that kind of financial commitment."

Because the Lakers are over the trigger point for the luxury tax, they would be assessed an amount equal to any amount spent, an expensive deal for a reserve like Turiaf, who averaged 18.7 minutes in the regular season last year, but only 9.8 in the postseason.

Turiaf, who made $770,610 last season, was not available for comment Friday, but Kupchak, who met with him Thursday, said the 6-10, 250-pound, three-year veteran was at peace with the knowledge he would be heading north.

"The last thing a 25-year-old like Ronny wants to do is sit on the bench," Kupchak said.

Kupchak estimated Turiaf probably would have logged no more than 10-15 minutes a game had the Lakers retained him.

"Ronny feels strongly that his future is not here in Los Angeles," Kupchak said. "He feels it's time to move on and that's a hard thing for a kid like that to say."

Turiaf averaged career bests of 6.6 points and 3.9 rebounds last season in 78 games. But, with his reduced time in the postseason, he averaged just 2.0 points and 1.4 rebounds.

Against the dominating frontcourt of the Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals, Turiaf totaled 11 points and four rebounds, none on the offensive boards, in the six games while averaging 10.3 minutes.

Still, Turiaf is about more than numbers. The native of Martinique exuded a contagious passion for the game that could be felt even from the bench.

A crowd favorite at Staples Center, he could turn that passion into a high-energy performance on the floor that often provided a much-needed lift when the Lakers fortunes were sagging.

"We will miss Ronny's contributions," Kupchak conceded, "the emotion he brought whether he was playing or not."

Turiaf may have been a luxury the Lakers were willing to give up, but that does not appear to be the case with their other potentially high-priced restricted free agent, guard Sasha Vujacic. So far, Vujacic, who has switched agents -- from Bill Duffy to Rob Pelinka -- has not come back to the Lakers with an offer sheet. Kupchak has taken the offensive in recent days, negotiating directly to bring Vujacic back.

As for those minutes the Lakers will be missing from Turiaf, Kupchak is confident they can be made up by the return of both starting center Andrew Bynum, who suffered a knee injury that cost him the second half of last season, and Chris Mihm, who was the starting center until an ankle injury caused to him to miss all of the 2006-07 season and most of last year.

Bynum was cleared by his therapist Friday to expand his rehabilitation program to include light work on the court.

"The reports are very positive," Kupchak said. "Everything is upbeat. We expect Andrew to be able to go full steam, full bore by training camp."

In other news from the Lakers' frontcourt, Luke Walton underwent successful surgery on his right ankle to remove bone spurs and scar tissue and clean up cartilage debris. His rehabilitation program is expected to take approximately six weeks.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
I know all about his stats and how he can help a team. He was a Knick first remember? Not saying Camby isn't important, on the contrary, it's my belief that he was the MOST important player on that team last year.

I'm guessing that the head man figured they didn't make the playoffs with him playing most of the games (an anamoly), so they didn't need him again not to make it to the playoffs again. How many years are you gonna get a full season from Camby at this point?

But like I said before, my only problem is them getting so little in return for him.

On another note, it looks like Elgin has foregone any rebuilding tatctics and is now on the Danny Ainge styled win now techniques. I saw a rumor they were going after Iguodala next.

If that happens, it would give them a solid nucleus to build on. But they'll need a SOLID backup at the point cause I guarantee Davis don't play 82 games AND the playoffs

I've always liked Camby, I just felt he was played out of position. He was used to his maximum potential in NY as a PF. JVG commented on this during the playoffs. Fact of the matter is, he was a lot healthier and more productive than Nene.

This was a salary dump, plain and simple. But the Nugget fans are NOT pleased.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Telfair Staying In Minnesota

Jul 22, 2008 11:03 AM EST

The Timberwolves reached agreement Monday on a multi-year contract with unrestricted free agent Sebastian Telfair, his agent said.

"We're very excited for the opportunity to finish what we started," agent Andy Miller said. "Sebastian wants to help get this team back to the playoffs."

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Report: Nets Send Marcus Williams To Golden State

Jul 22, 2008 2:37 PM EST

The Nets have traded point guard Marcus Williams to the Warriors, the New York Post reported Tuesday.

According to the Post, the Nets will receive a future first-round pick for Williams, 22, who is entering the final year of his contract.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Spurs Re-Sign Thomas

Jul 22, 2008 2:32 PM EST

The San Antonio Spurs announced today that they have re-signed forward/center Kurt Thomas. Per team policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.

The 6-9, 235-lb Thomas joined the Spurs on 2/20/08 in a trade with the Seattle Sonics in exchange for Brent Barry and Francisco Elson. He appeared in 28 games for the Silver and Black, averaging 4.5 points and 4.9 rebounds in 18.7 minutes per game. Thomas saw action in all 17 playoff games, averaging 4.1 points and 4.9 rebounds in 15.8 minutes per contest. The former Texas Christian University standout started the season with the Sonics where he played in 42 games, averaging 7.5 points and 8.8 rebounds.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Bulls Offering Deng Less Than Last Year

Jul 22, 2008 11:00 AM EST

Talks between Luol Deng and the Chicago Bulls have been amicable so far, but the sides remain far apart.

Deng turned down a five-year, $57.5 million deal just before the start of last season.

According to another source, the Bulls' offer has not matched the figure he rejected last year.

His agent, Jason Levien, didn't represent Deng at the time of the negotiations last fall. Levien declined to comment Monday but told Yahoo! he was optimistic a deal can be reached.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/stories/2008/07/23/childress_hawks_greece.html

Childress leaving Hawks to join Greek franchise
Restricted free agent confirms signing with Olympiakos of Greece

By SEKOU SMITH
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 07/23/08

Atlanta Hawks fans won't have to fret over the fate of restricted free agent swingman Josh Childress anymore.

That's because Childress is no longer a Hawk. He said he agreed to terms Wednesday morning on a three-year contract with Olympiakos of Greece that is worth far more than $20 million initially reported.

"It's official, I just signed," Childress said by phone Wednesday morning from Athens, where he and agent Jim Tanner will be until Friday. "I think it was . . . a situation where I didn't know who to expect coming in, coming over to Athens. But it's a great city and a great organization. They do whatever they can to make you feel at home."

The deal is the most lucrative current contract in European basketball and the biggest in Euroleague history. It's also another step in the globalization of the game, a trend that got a huge boost recently when the top-rated U.S. high school player, California native Brandon Jennings, opted for a contract with an Italian team over playing at Arizona.

Childress' move is a blow to the Hawks, who have no recourse to match an offer made to a restricted free agent by a non-NBA team. The Hawks are also in negotiations with their other restricted free agent, Josh Smith.

The Hawks retain Childress's NBA rights for at least two years, but they lose one of the league's best and most efficient sixth men without immediate compensation. The Hawks, per the rules of restricted free agency, had the right to match any competing offers from NBA teams.

Childress representatives and Hawks officials negotiated for weeks on a contract extension but could never come close to agreeing to terms. The Hawks offered Childress a five-year deal with a starting salary in excess of the mid-level exception of $5.5 million.

But Childress, 25, spurned the Hawks' $33 million offer for a more lucrative deal with Olympiakos.

With no salary cap for European teams, Olympiakos could offer whatever they wanted to entice Childress to leave the NBA for the international game. Childress will, however, have the option of opting out his contract with Olympiakos at the end of each season, which gives Childress maximum flexibility were he to choose to return to the NBA after this season.

Childress's playing time dipped last season by seven minutes, from 36.9 to 29.9 a night, from the previous season. He averaged 11.8 points on 57 percent shooting.

He was one of just six players in the league to average at least 10 points and 4 rebounds while also shooting better than 50 percent (.571) from the floor and making 20 or more 3-pointers. Shawn Marion, Lamar Odom, Mike Miller, Grant Hill and Andre Kirilenko were the others.

In four years with the Hawks, Childress averaged 11.1 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.8 assists as one of the league's best sixth men, he finished sixth in the voting for the Sixth Man award last season.

Chosen by the Hawks with the sixth pick of the 2004 NBA draft, Childress was one of the cornerstone's of a rebuilding effort that also included Smith, picked 17th in that same draft.

They both helped the Hawks end nearly a decade of struggles with the franchise's first postseason bid in nine years, which ended in a Game 7 loss to the eventual NBA champion Boston Celtics in May.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Birdman Back To Denver

Jul 23, 2008 6:51 PM EST

Chris "The Birdman" Andersen will return to the Denver Nuggets next season. He agreed to sign a one-year contract with the team, multiple sources said Wednesday.

Andersen will make a league minimum $998,000 next season.

Steve Lurkle

Star
Registered
Warriors Match Clippers Offer To Azubuike

The Golden State Warriors have matched the contract offer submitted to restricted free agent guard Kelenna Azubuike by the Los Angeles Clippers, it was announced today by Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Chris Mullin. The Warriors had seven (7) days from receipt of the contract – Friday, July 18 - to match the offer from Los Angeles. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not announced. “We are pleased to have Kelenna back in the fold,” said Mullin. “He’s a young and talented player who has continued to improve during his two seasons with our team. His versatility, athleticism and ability to shoot the 3-pointer certainly fit our style of play. Additionally, we think he will continue to improve and expand his game.” The Golden State Warriors have matched the contract offer submitted to restricted free agent guard Kelenna Azubuike by the Los Angeles Clippers.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
in the last few years, the fakers have paid $5M per year to:

vladimir radmanovic

luke walton

sasha vujacic

Lakers and Sasha Vujacic agree on three-year, $15-million deal
The player and GM Mitch Kupchak both say they're happy the reserve guard will remain in Los Angeles.
By Steve Springer
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

July 26, 2008

One day after threatening to bolt the Lakers to play for a team in Russia unless he received a multiyear deal for $5 million a season, reserve guard Sasha Vujacic got his wish, reaching a verbal agreement on a three-year, $15-million deal.

"Sasha will stay with the Lakers," said his agent, Rob Pelinka, "and play a pivotal role in hopefully bringing a title to the team next season."

Vujacic, a restricted free agent who made $1.76 million last season, was given a qualifying offer of $2.6 million by the Lakers before the start of the free-agency period to retain his rights. He did not sign an offer sheet with another team.

Pelinka and Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak had been in negotiations for several weeks. According to an NBA source who spoke on condition of anonymity, the Lakers had already made an offer close to the amount Vujacic had been seeking before Thursday's revelation that the four-year NBA veteran was looking overseas.

Vujacic, 24, had been hoping for a contract in the four- to six-year range.

"We are happy to have Sasha back," Kupchak said of Vujacic, who is coming off his best season. "He made great progress this year. I attribute a lot of that to his work ethic. We hope he will continue to work hard to develop his game and become an even better and more consistent player."

In a season when the Lakers depended heavily on their bench to provide a spark, maintain momentum or reinvigorate the team when the starters struggled, nobody was better at providing instant offense.

Vujacic averaged 8.8 points in 17.2 minutes during the regular season and shot 45.4% from the field, including 43.7% from three-point range. In the playoffs, he averaged 21.7 minutes, 8.1 points and shot 39.9%, including 39.2% from beyond the three-point arc.

Retaining Vujacic became even more important for the Lakers after they lost reserve forward Ronny Turiaf to Golden State. Turiaf signed a four-year, $17-million deal with the Warriors, which the Lakers declined to match.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/hawks/stories/2008/07/23/childress_hawks_greece.html

Childress leaving Hawks to join Greek franchise
Restricted free agent confirms signing with Olympiakos of Greece

people are acting like this is something revolutionary. don't they know there's nothing new under the sun?

in 1989 a former teammate of mine bolted (in a money grab) to play in italy after playing in the NBA. one season later, he returned to the NBA with WAY more negotiating leverage and bumped his salary up OVER the $1M per year mark.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
"Sasha will stay with the Lakers," said his agent, Rob Pelinka, "and play a pivotal role in hopefully bringing a title to the team next season."

BWHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahaha.......

Yeah, right, like that great defense he playted in the playoffs. :rolleyes: Don't let the fact that he knocked down WIDE OPEN SHOTS like he's supposed to do make you think he's more valuable than he is.

Asa side note, the Cavs should REALLY take a look at picking up Mike Finley.

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
BWHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahaha.......

Yeah, right, like that great defense he playted in the playoffs. :rolleyes: Don't let the fact that he knocked down WIDE OPEN SHOTS like he's supposed to do make you think he's more valuable than he is.

Asa side note, the Cavs should REALLY take a look at picking up Mike Finley.

A number of teams should be looking to pick up Mike Finley if they were smart.

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered

Cavaliers’ West ponders going east

Cavaliers’ West ponders going east

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports Jul 24, 8:42 pm EDT

Print

More From Adrian Wojnarowski

* Europe offers more than vacation to players Jul 23, 2008
* Paul guided by his own steady hand Jul 22, 2008

Yahoo! Sports

LeBron James could crush the world for an Olympic gold medal this summer, but the evolving power of the euro could cost him his Cleveland Cavaliers point guard.

This time, the overseas revolution of outbidding NBA teams for restricted free agents advances with Dynamo Moscow discussing a two-year, $10 million offer with Delonte West, a source close to West said on Thursday.

Clearly, Dynamo is a franchise with the resources to be taken seriously. Just a week ago, it lured New Jersey Nets forward Bostjan Nachbar with a three-year, $14.3 million contract.

Nachbar’s contract turned into a prelude to Atlanta Hawks free agent Josh Childress signing a groundbreaking three-year, $20 million deal with Olympiakos of Greece. So far this summer, four international players with NBA résumés – Jorge Garbajosa, Juan Carlos Navarro, Carlos Delfino and Pops Mensah-Bonsu – have taken substantial offers in Europe.

As with most restricted free agents, West has few options right now. He could sign a $2.76 million qualifying offer for the 2008-09 season and become an unrestricted free agent next year. General manager Danny Ferry has considered sign-and-trade possibilities for West but ultimately has wanted to keep West.

Last summer, Cleveland’s two restricted free agents, Anderson Varejao and Sasha Pavlovic, held out with contract disputes that extended into the regular season.

After his trade from the Seattle SuperSonics at the February deadline, West won the Cavaliers’ starting point guard job, averaging 10.5 points and four assists per game. In pushing the Boston Celtics to seven games in the Eastern Conference semifinals, West averaged 14.5 points – including two 21-point performances – over the final five games. James had wanted the Cavaliers to acquire an available point guard such as Jason Kidd or Mike Bibby, but he developed a fondness for West.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

chris kaman
marcus camby
al thornton
cuttino mobley
baron davis

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Damn!

I wonder how many games the true projected starting line up will play together this year :smh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Knicks Trade Balkman To Denver

Jul 28, 2008 3:41 PM EST
The New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations Donnie Walsh announced today that a 2010 second-round draft choice, guard Taurean Green and guard/forward Bobby Jones have been acquired from Denver for forward Renaldo Balkman and cash considerations.

The draft pick will be the more favorable selection between the Nuggets and Clippers, resulting from a previous trade.

Balkman, 6-8, 208-pounds, averaged 3.4 points and 3.3 rebounds in 65 games for New York last season. Originally drafted by the Knicks after his junior season at the University of South Carolina in the first round (20th overall) of the 2006 NBA Draft, the Staten Island-native finishes his career in blue and orange having played in 133 career games, averaging 4.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 15.2 minutes over two seasons.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Clippers Sign Ricky Davis

The Los Angeles Clippers today signed veteran free agent swingman Ricky Davis to a multi-year contract, it was announced by Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced. Carrying career averages of 14.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 31.1 minutes, Davis tallied 13.8 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 3.4 assists in 82 games played for the Miami Heat during the 2007-08 season. The 6-foot-7-inch Iowa product also connected on 420-971 FG (.433), 135-333 3FG (.405), and 155-197 FT (.787) on the year. “We believe he will be a good addition,” Clippers Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor said. “His versatility and ability to shoot from the outside will spread the floor and help our low post players.”

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
Clippers aint fucking around!

The Los Angeles Clippers today signed veteran free agent swingman Ricky Davis to a multi-year contract, it was announced by Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced. Carrying career averages of 14.3 points, 3.7 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 31.1 minutes, Davis tallied 13.8 points, 4.3 rebounds, and 3.4 assists in 82 games played for the Miami Heat during the 2007-08 season. The 6-foot-7-inch Iowa product also connected on 420-971 FG (.433), 135-333 3FG (.405), and 155-197 FT (.787) on the year. “We believe he will be a good addition,” Clippers Vice President of Basketball Operations Elgin Baylor said. “His versatility and ability to shoot from the outside will spread the floor and help our low post players.”

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Kwame Joins Detroit

Kwame Brown's agent Mark Bartlestein told ESPN.com on Monday night that the former No. 1 pick in the 2001 draft has reached a verbal agreement on a new contract with the Detroit Pistons.

The contract is believed to be a two-year deal worth $8 million, and Brown will have a player option.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Good pick up...