NBA News

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Duhon To Sign With Knicks

Jul 04, 2008 3:27 PM EST

Point guard Chris Duhon has agreed to sign with the Knicks.

Duhon will reportedly receive a two-year deal starting at the full mid-level exception. The total contract value will be approximately $12 million.

"I am just excited, I am ready to get to work for the Knicks," Duhon said. "It's a big stage, playing in New York. It's something every player in the NBA wants."

"Chris could have shopped himself around more, but in the end, he wanted a fit where he felt comfortable and he knew what kind of opportunity he would be getting," Duhon's agent, Kevin Bradbury, said. "He wasn't worried about trying to find more money on the market or anything like that. He wanted the right situation, and this just felt like the right situation."

This is a good move for Chris and I'm proud that the man was able to secure a deal for close to the MLE. Best deal he could've taken financially and for his career as far as having the opportunity to contribute big minutes.

^^^^^^^
With Marbury & Nate Robinson on the roster it's going to be hard to get playing time in Dantoni's system. Marbury & Nate are better scorers than Duhon. On another note, I guess that we can expect to see Q Rich jacking up 3's again this season.

Maybe consistently better scorers but Chris is head and shoulders better than them at running an offense. If he comes into camp ready, he'll be the opening night starter at PG for NY.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pacers trade Bayless to Portland

The Indiana Pacers have a tentative agreement to send forward Ike Diogu and the rights to guard Jerryd Bayless to Portland for point guard Jarrett Jack, forward Josh McRoberts and the rights to shooting guard Brandon Rush.

McRoberts was a McDonald’s All-American while at Carmel High School and returns his home state after his rookie year.
Advertisement

“I just talked to Josh and he’s elated,” McRoberts mother Jennifer said tonight. “He just called and he’s really, really excited about it.”

The Pacers drafted Bayless, a 6-3 Arizona freshman, at No. 11, and Portland drafted Rush, a 6-6 junior from Kansas, at No. 13 in tonight's draft.

Jack gives the Pacers depth at point guard. The 6-3 Georgia Tech product averaged 9.9 points, 3.8 assists and 2.9 rebounds in his third year in the NBA. He has played at least 79 games each of his three years at Portland, a contrast from Jamaal Tinsley, who appears headed out of town after seven mainly injury-plagued seasons with the Pacers.

The Pacers also are getting point guard T.J. Ford from Toronto in the multi-player deal involving Jermaine O’Neal.

Rush showed versatility in his three years with Kansas. He is an outstanding long-range shooter, good rebounder from his position and athletic enough to play small forward.

Rush, who turns 23 in July, shot 44.9 percent from the field in his collegiate career, including 43.5 percent (205-for-471) from 3-point range. He averaged 5.5 rebounds two assists over his three years at Kansas.

The Pacers top two scorers this past season were two other swingmen, 6-8 Danny Granger and 6-9 Mike Dunleavy.

Rush is the brother of Pacers guard Kareem Rush, an unrestricted free agent this offseason.
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080626/SPORTS04/80626074/1088

This was an interesting trade but I think it was necessary for both teams. I don't know much about Bayless but if he is able to defend the PG position and score, he'll be a great pick up for the Trail Blazers. Brandon Roy is the point guard and they've been looking for someone to come in and score that can guard 1's.

SF is still the position they needed help with and I don't know why they decided to deal Rush. I think he will be able to excel in Indiana's offense and this deal helps solidify their backcourt rotation. It's also interesting to see what Pritchard will do when all of his guys are eligible for contract extensions and how he'll be able to handle it.

Which brings me to a related note...

So they traded the 27th draft pick for about $3 million to the Portland Trail Blazers.

I bet Pritchard must lick his chops every morning coming to work knowing that he has the green light to spend as much of Mr. Allen's money as he can. Then again, I guess that's what happens when you work for the richest owner in professional sports. :cool:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Patrick Ewing, Jr. Highlights Trotters Draft
07/02/2008 8:27 AM

Son of NBA legend, college slam dunk champ and Olympic high jumper among six chosen to vie for a spot on the world’s most famous basketball team

(PHOENIX, July 2, 2008) – The iconic Harlem Globetrotters have selected Georgetown’s Patrick Ewing, Jr. as the top pick in the team’s second annual player draft, 23 years after his Hall of Fame-bound father went number one overall in the NBA Draft.

Also selected by the Globetrotters today were 2008 State Farm College Slam Dunk Champion Sonny Weems of Arkansas, William Bullard of Texas A&M–Corpus Christi, Siena long-distance marksman Tay Fisher, Sudanese big man Longar Longar of Oklahoma, and Auburn high-jumping sensation Donald Thomas, an Olympian hailing from the Bahamas and the reigning men’s world indoor high jump champion.

Following is a complete recap of the Globetrotters’ draft:

Patrick Ewing, Jr., a second round pick of Sacramento in the 2008 NBA Draft, is the son of former Georgetown and New York Knicks great Patrick Ewing. The 6-8 forward received one of only two perfect scores at the 2008 College Slam Dunk Championship, was the recipient of the inaugural Big East Sixth Man of the Year Award, and helped lead the Hoyas to the 2007 NCAA Final Four.

Sonny Weems, selected in the second round of the 2008 NBA Draft by Chicago (his rights since traded to Denver), defeated Ewing and six others for the Slam Dunk Championship, and he has now won dunk titles at the high school, junior college and NCAA levels. The 6-6 Weems was an All-SEC First Team selection as an Arkansas senior.

William Bullard finished second to Weems in the Slam Dunk Championship. The shortest player in the event, at 6-5, he received the second of the two perfect scores (in addition to Ewing) awarded on a single dunk.

Tay Fisher finished his collegiate career with a flurry, as the 5-9 sharp-shooter drained six 3-pointers in Siena's 21-point MAAC Championship rout of Rider and went a perfect 6-for-6 from long range in the Saints’ NCAA First Round upset of 4th-seeded Vanderbilt. Fisher shot a blistering 44.4 percent from downtown his senior season.

Longar Longar led the Sooners in blocked shots as a senior, and the 6-11 Sudanese center ranked second on the team in scoring, rebounding and field goal shooting.

Donald Thomas had already displayed his extraordinary leaping ability as a basketball player at Lindenwood University in 2005 when, on a friend’s challenge, he high-jumped seven feet. That led to spot on the track team, where the 6-2 Bahamian shattered school and meet records before enrolling in graduate school at Auburn, where he became an All-American and won the 2007 NCAA indoor high jump title. He then took the 2007 World Indoor title in Osaka, Japan, with a leap of 7 feet, 8.5 inches. Thomas is expected to be among the men to beat in the high jump at this summer’s Olympic Games in Beijing.

Each of the six players will be invited to camp in the fall to compete for the honor of joining the Globetrotters for their 83rd consecutive season of touring the world.

“When evaluating draft prospects, we look for players that bring special skills and the personality to potentially be Harlem Globetrotters,” said Globetrotters Coach Clyde Sinclair. “We hope we can be as fortunate as last year, when our top pick, Ant Atkinson, not only made the team, but has flourished.”

In 2007, Atkinson was the top selection in the team’s inaugural player draft after an All-American career at Barton College that culminated in an NCAA Division II National Championship.

Sponsored by Campbell Soup Company, the Harlem Globetrotters have played in 119 countries, entertaining over 128 million fans on six continents, and crossing barriers between cultures, societies and people from all walks of life. The Globetrotters are one of only six teams to be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor

Warriors Agree To Terms With Maggette

Jul 08, 2008 9:40 PM EST

With Elton Brand reportedly headed to Philadelphia, the Warriors have swooped in and agreed to a deal with Corey Maggette, according to ESPN.com.

The contract is rumored to be a multiyear offer at with a starting salary above the mid-level exception, which is expected to approach $6 million.

A number of teams where interested in Maggette's services this summer.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Davis verbally agrees to go to Clippers, leave Warriors

Sources told ESPN.com that Davis, 29, will receive a five-year deal worth an estimated $65 million.

:eek:
Elgin Baylor done lost his mind. In the last year of the contract, Davis gonna be a 34 year old PG, the has to back his way down the court old man style to beat a press. But he'll be getting 13 mil per to do it

His hops will be almost gone and he'll be doing nothing but hoisting up 3's and crying to the ref for a foul

Think GS gonna miss him?? They already got his replacement armed and raring to go

I mean, I like the guy and I don't blame him for taking the money, but 30-something PGs better have their thinking caps on at all times if they wanna be competitive...Especially slow ones

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I wonder if Golden State is interested in Steph. Or they may contact Memphis about Javaris. Hes not a starter, but he has potential.

Elton to the sixers huh. Pretty good move. I see them finishing 4th next season (as of right now).

Boston
Detroit
Toronto
Philly

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
..and in "Stephon Marbury can't catch a break" news:

Steve & Barry's files for bankruptcy protection
By ANNE D'INNOCENZIO,
AP
Posted: 2008-07-09 17:19:03
NEW YORK (AP) - Steve & Barry's LLC, once a growing force in low-priced fashion retailing, said Wednesday that it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, the latest merchant to succumb to a harsh consumer spending climate.

It also announced that it was considering a plan to sell all or some of its assets to repay outstanding debt, and was eliminating 172 corporate and field staff positions immediately. Wendi Kopsick, a spokeswoman for the company, said no decision had been made about how many stores it would close.

The Port Washington, N.Y.-based chain operates 276 locations in 39 states and made a big splash with merchandising endorsements with actress Sarah Jessica Parker, NBA star Stephon Marbury and other celebrities.

The privately-held parent company and 63 of its affiliates filed for protection from its creditors in the U.S. bankruptcy court for the Southern District of New York.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Warriors Offer Turiaf Four-Year, $17M Deal

Jul 09, 2008 9:23 AM EST

Lakers' forward Ronny Turiaf has agreed to a four-year, $17 million offer from the Warriors, according to The Press-Enterprise.

Turiaf is a restricted free agent, which means that the Lakers will have seven days to match the offer.

Agent Mark Bartelstein wouldn't confirm or deny the rumors.

"We've talked to a bunch of teams," Bartelstein said in a phone interview. "There are a lot of teams that are interested in Ronny. We'll just wait to see what happens."

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Arenas Avoiding Basketball Until August

Jul 09, 2008 5:05 PM EST

Wizards' guard Gilbert Arenas has stayed off the court since the team was eliminated from the playoffs in early May, according to The Associated Press.

"I don't want to touch a basketball until August," Arenas said. "After the last two seasons, I never really had time to recover. My knee is about 95 percent -- it's got to get stronger."

His knee has ached ever since he tried a hasty comeback from a second knee operation in November.

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
I guess the Steve and Barry's couldn't sustain selling shoes at $8.99

This is a blow to the cheap sneaker movement.

"I try to tell Steph that those cheap shoes weren't going to sell in the hood"

stock_phil-knight.jpg

By ANNE D'INNOCENZIO,
AP
NEW YORK (AP) - Steve & Barry's LLC, once a growing force in low-priced fashion retailing, said Wednesday that it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, the latest merchant to succumb to a harsh consumer spending climate.

It also announced that it was considering a plan to sell all or some of its assets to repay outstanding debt, and was eliminating 172 corporate and field staff positions immediately. Wendi Kopsick, a spokeswoman for the company, said no decision had been made about how many stores it would close.

The Port Washington, N.Y.-based chain operates 276 locations in 39 states and made a big splash with merchandising endorsements with actress Sarah Jessica Parker, NBA star Stephon Marbury and other celebrities.

The privately-held parent company and 63 of its affiliates filed for protection from its creditors in the U.S. bankruptcy court for the Southern District of New York.

Last edited:

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
Do you think the Lakers will match? Wasn't his re-signing a priority for the Laker's offseason? Plus he is one of Kobe's boys........if that carries any weight.

Warriors Offer Turiaf Four-Year, $17M Deal

Jul 09, 2008 9:23 AM EST

Lakers' forward Ronny Turiaf has agreed to a four-year, $17 million offer from the Warriors, according to The Press-Enterprise.

Turiaf is a restricted free agent, which means that the Lakers will have seven days to match the offer.

Agent Mark Bartelstein wouldn't confirm or deny the rumors.

"We've talked to a bunch of teams," Bartelstein said in a phone interview. "There are a lot of teams that are interested in Ronny. We'll just wait to see what happens."

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
I guess the Steve and Barry's couldn't sustain selling shoes at $8.99

This is a blow to the cheap sneaker movement.

"I try to tell Steph that those cheap shoes weren't going to sell in the hood"

stock_phil-knight.jpg

From what I read, they are trying to get Sears to buy into the store. He should consider distributing through Target or Walmart.

D-TOWN REP

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

By ANNE D'INNOCENZIO,
AP

:lol::lol::lol:

Knew that shit wasn't gonna last...

:lol::lol::lol:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor

By ANNE D'INNOCENZIO,
AP

Just took a trip to their store on Sunday and copped two pair of kicks, 4 jerseys and a pair of sweat pants. All told, it cost about fifty bucks. Mufukkas wouldn't have this problem if they made products available for order online. I know for a fact that NYers would be buying them products left and right if they didn't have to go all the way to Herald Square in Manhattan to get them. And that's the ONLY store available in all of NYC!! It's beyond my scope of understanding why a hometown BK kid wouldn't have his products available in his own borough (which has over 3 million residents and is the 4th largest city in the United States...even though it isn't a city)....

I get questions ON THE REGULAR from ADULTS in Brooklyn on where they can get this stuff from. Which means they have NO IDEA where to go to get it. And when they hear midtown Manhattan, they usually get kind of disappointed

And once again, his line is WAY more than just sneakers. You can get all kinds of sports wear there. Good quality shit too. I got two hoodies in winter of 2006 for less tha 20 bucks and them shits have lasted longer than my CARHART hoodies that I paid 45 bucks for!! Oh yeah, it's not just Marbury anymore. It's Ben Wallace and Venus Williams as well

Last edited:

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
..should this go against his reputation of being a "cancer"?:lol:

Personally I hope the brand survives.

You know for a fact that there is NO ONE on this board whose been harder on Steph (as a ballplayer) than me. It's not a recent thing either (like all the cats hopping on the bash Steph bandwagon), my critique has been ongoing for 4, 5 years (just like with Iverson and Steve francis). But I rock as much of his gear as I can. So you know I want it to work too.

Cats paying 150 bucks for kicks and 100 bucks for sweatsuits are beyond frivilous to me

tp2001

Star
Registered
I am kind of surprised of the signing of Brand to the 76ers...I think the Atlantic Division is stacked and although the addition of Elton does improve the team significantly, they still have a ways to go before they can compete with the Celtics, and now the Raptors will Bosh and O'Neal...plus they need a SG...Philly can still get the third slot, since the Nets don't look to be that good this year with an undeveloped team. Carter and Harris ain't much for them, when Vince is on the decline and Devin not being a 20pt. guy...

The moves in the West have been interesting, but I'd like to see what happens to Turiaf. He is one of the few defensive guys on the Lakers that they can't afford to let go without getting something equivalent or better.

tp2001

Star
Registered
JI know for a fact that NYers would be buying them products left and right if they didn't have to go all the way to Herald Square in Manhattan to get them. And that's the ONLY store available in all of NYC!! It's beyond my scope of understanding why a hometown BK kid wouldn't have his products available in his own borough (which has over 3 million residents and is the 4th largest city in the United States...even though it isn't a city)....

I get questions ON THE REGULAR from ADULTS in Brooklyn on where they can get this stuff from. Which means they have NO IDEA where to go to get it. And when they hear midtown Manhattan, they usually get kind of disappointed

That's some fucked up shit...I've seen a Steve and Barry's in various parts of Florida and where I visited in Virginia, but in a large market like the NYC area, there's only one store? Shoot, how much is it to get a store somewhere in the Bronx or Queens? To hear that folks get bummed that a store is in Manhattan either means that they don't like the time it takes to get there or that the store prices may reflect the area...

Like you said RS, in a place where there are millions of people for a market there should be more than one store. It's like having only one Starbucks in Seattle...

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
That's some fucked up shit...I've seen a Steve and Barry's in various parts of Florida and where I visited in Virginia, but in a large market like the NYC area, there's only one store? Shoot, how much is it to get a store somewhere in the Bronx or Queens? To hear that folks get bummed that a store is in Manhattan either means that they don't like the time it takes to get there or that the store prices may reflect the area...

Herald Square (34th Street) is one of the most congested spots in the city. You CANNOT drive there. It will take twice as long as it should. The Manhattan Mall is nice and there's ALOT of stores in the area, but it's one of those areas where you can rest or relax for a minute. The only people not on the move are the street vendors. It's also an icredibly expensive area. Plus, EVERY sportswear store is there. Modells, FootLocker, FootAction, The Sports Authority and more are all in that 3 block radius between Madison Square Garden (Penn Station-8th Avenue) to Herlad Square (5th Avenue). And you can see all of them from the street. S&B's is tucked away on the 2nd floor of the Manhattan Mail. It's a big store, but it's in a spot where only people that are seeking it will find it.

That area is crazy. You have to wait in line to cross the damn street at certain intersections. I absolutely HATE going there. It's a highly competitive area. A Steve & Barry's would do much better in the outer boroughs where the competition isn't so thick

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I am kind of surprised of the signing of Brand to the 76ers...I think the Atlantic Division is stacked and although the addition of Elton does improve the team significantly, they still have a ways to go before they can compete with the Celtics, and now the Raptors will Bosh and O'Neal...plus they need a SG...Philly can still get the third slot, since the Nets don't look to be that good this year with an undeveloped team. Carter and Harris ain't much for them, when Vince is on the decline and Devin not being a 20pt. guy...

Don't forget about Yi!! The next big thing
:rolleyes:
:(

I like the Brand move to Philly. Just can't see the Celtics repeating that playoff run. Their core players are all getting up there and Pierce and KG have that "rest on their laurels" attitude about them. KG is starting to break down too. If he plays the full 82 game schedule, he will not have enough for the playoffs. Paulie got his, so he may not care either.

Detroit is starting a slow decline too. They have a few blue chips, but the core is getting old. Philly is clearly a team on the rise. If Brand is healthy (and he was in the last week of last season), they will be a formidable opponent for anyone

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Mufukkas wouldn't have this problem if they made products available for order online. I know for a fact that NYers would be buying them products left and right if they didn't have to go all the way to Herald Square in Manhattan to get them. And that's the ONLY store available in all of NYC!! It's beyond my scope of understanding why a hometown BK kid wouldn't have his products available in his own borough (which has over 3 million residents and is the 4th largest city in the United States...even though it isn't a city)....

brother, you've just identified a NEED. now fill it.

hunt down distributors and build a small website.

make it happen.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Herald Square (34th Street) is one of the most congested spots in the city. You CANNOT drive there. It will take twice as long as it should. The Manhattan Mall is nice and there's ALOT of stores in the area, but it's one of those areas where you can rest or relax for a minute. The only people not on the move are the street vendors. It's also an icredibly expensive area. Plus, EVERY sportswear store is there. Modells, FootLocker, FootAction, The Sports Authority and more are all in that 3 block radius between Madison Square Garden (Penn Station-8th Avenue) to Herlad Square (5th Avenue). And you can see all of them from the street. S&B's is tucked away on the 2nd floor of the Manhattan Mail. It's a big store, but it's in a spot where only people that are seeking it will find it.

That area is crazy. You have to wait in line to cross the damn street at certain intersections. I absolutely HATE going there. It's a highly competitive area. A Steve & Barry's would do much better in the outer boroughs where the competition isn't so thick

IIRC, there's one LI. In the Jericho Mall I think.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
brother, you've just identified a NEED. now fill it.

hunt down distributors and build a small website.

make it happen.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to tell muthafukkas what they need to do to make money. People never listen to me anyway until it's too late.

IIRC, there's one LI. In the Jericho Mall I think.

Yeah, I know about the one on Long Island, that's why I specify that the store is the only one in New York City. Hicksville is miles away and no mass transit is available to get there (Long Island Railroad is for rich folks, lol). There is one bus you could take, but you'd have to transfer 4 or 5 times to get to it. It's so far away, it might as well be in another state. Carfare would probably add another 10-15 dollars on the LIRR.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
I have neither the time, nor the inclination to tell muthafukkas what they need to do to make money. People never listen to me anyway until it's too late.

you miss my point.

give it a shot yourself.

don't tell somebody else how to make the $, keep that information to yourself and make the money on your own.

you have identified a need, you have first hand knowledge of a target area. try it.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
You know, if they allowed a S & B's in a smaller location, I would consider it. In fact, there is a Blockbuster across the street from a mall that just went out of business.

Hmm..

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
..fucking asshole. He said he wanted to stay in Denver:

Nets Agree To Terms With Najera And Hayes

Jul 11, 2008 4:04 PM EST

The New Jersey Nets have reached agreements in principle with free agent forward Eduardo Najera and guard/forward Jarvis Hayes, Nets President Rod Thorn announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreements were not released. The agreements are contingent on the passing of the required physicals by both players. “We are very pleased to add two veterans like Eduardo and Jarvis to our roster,” said Thorn. “Both are solid, competitive NBA players who will add versatility and depth to both our frontcourt and backcourt rotations.”

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Marbury puts logo tattoo on head

The New York Post (Marc Berman) reports: Stephon Marbury bounded off the Knicks’ team bus at Vegas’ Valley High last night - a new tattoo inscribed on his left temple. The “3″ logo found on his Starbury sneaker and apparel line is now a permanent part of his bald head. Good thing the permanent tattoo ink wasn’t used on his Knick jersey. Even the cocky Marbury knows he may be giving up his Knick jersey in a couple of months, with team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D’Antoni contemplating waiving him before the season opener.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Clips Offer 2nd Round Pick For Randolph

"There will be change with the [Knick] roster, that much is certain," reports Alan Hahn. However, Knicks' president Donnie Walsh is in no hurry.

"Walsh already proved he will work at his own pace when he turned down an offer from the Los Angeles Clippers for Zach Randolph, whom Walsh had been shopping for a while," the Newsday story continues. "The Clippers reportedly offered a second-round pick for Randolph, but Walsh believes he can get a better offer."

Such a deal would amount to a salary dump that helps the Knicks advance their plan of clearing substantial salary cap room in 2010.

The New York Times reports that the Knicks are virtually certain to part ways with Stephon Marbury before the season begins and are also determined, to a lesser extent, to move Randolph.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Did anyone else see that shit on "Outside The Lines" about the NBA refs? They said that Dick Vabetta be bugging. Bringing coaches cookies and shit. They said some refs be asking for autographs, and one ref even asked MJ for his shoes.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
This dude is a dickhead.

Artest Hopes To Be Traded

Jul 14, 2008 8:01 AM EST

Kings' forward Ron Artest has continued to lament his decision to pass on the chance to become a free agent and is now hoping that he will be traded to a team more committed to him, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Lakers are the early favorites to land Artest, especially after rumors of an Artest-for-Lamar Odom deal between Los Angeles and Sacramento surfaced last week.

Ron is disappointed that the Kings haven't shown more interest in giving him a long-term deal.

"It's weird because [the] Maloofs [were] high on me [after] the initial trade," Artest said, referring to the January 2006 deal that brought him from the Pacers to the Kings. "But during this opt-out time in my career I have not heard from them. That should have been a sign to me that my future in [Sacramento] is N/A or undetermined."

"In a way I wish this [coming 2008-09 season] would have been [Reggie Theus'] first year, and [Rick Adelman] would have left this summer because it could have showed how much [of] a winner I am. Guys like Adelman and Rick Carlisle [brought] that out of me. Isiah [Thomas] was going to bring that out of me if he didn't get fired [by the Knicks]. A coach like Phil Jackson can bring that out me."

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered

The New York Post (Marc Berman) reports: Stephon Marbury bounded off the Knicks’ team bus at Vegas’ Valley High last night - a new tattoo inscribed on his left temple. The “3″ logo found on his Starbury sneaker and apparel line is now a permanent part of his bald head. Good thing the permanent tattoo ink wasn’t used on his Knick jersey. Even the cocky Marbury knows he may be giving up his Knick jersey in a couple of months, with team president Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D’Antoni contemplating waiving him before the season opener.

If they release this Nigga they still on the hook for his salary right:confused:

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This dude is a dickhead.

Artest Hopes To Be Traded

Jul 14, 2008 8:01 AM EST

Kings' forward Ron Artest has continued to lament his decision to pass on the chance to become a free agent and is now hoping that he will be traded to a team more committed to him, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

The Lakers are the early favorites to land Artest, especially after rumors of an Artest-for-Lamar Odom deal between Los Angeles and Sacramento surfaced last week.

Ron is disappointed that the Kings haven't shown more interest in giving him a long-term deal.

"It's weird because [the] Maloofs [were] high on me [after] the initial trade," Artest said, referring to the January 2006 deal that brought him from the Pacers to the Kings. "But during this opt-out time in my career I have not heard from them. That should have been a sign to me that my future in [Sacramento] is N/A or undetermined."

"In a way I wish this [coming 2008-09 season] would have been [Reggie Theus'] first year, and [Rick Adelman] would have left this summer because it could have showed how much [of] a winner I am. Guys like Adelman and Rick Carlisle [brought] that out of me. Isiah [Thomas] was going to bring that out of me if he didn't get fired [by the Knicks]. A coach like Phil Jackson can bring that out me."
:confused: WTF? The last paragraph didnt make one bit of sense to me. I dont watch reality TV but I would love to see Ron and Stephon have their own reality show. Those brothers need a life coach or something.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Did anyone else see that shit on "Outside The Lines" about the NBA refs? They said that Dick Vabetta be bugging. Bringing coaches cookies and shit. They said some refs be asking for autographs, and one ref even asked MJ for his shoes.

Didn't see that but Bavetta was one of the "company men" that Donaghy alluded to in the testimony he gave that was reported in the media.

Now it looks like they are about to bust Scott Foster.

I wonder who is next. :hmm:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:confused: WTF? The last paragraph didnt make one bit of sense to me. I dont watch reality TV but I would love to see Ron and Stephon have their own reality show. Those brothers need a life coach or something.

Sounds to me that he was saying that Coach Hangtime wasn't able to bring out that "it" factor that Adelman or Carlisle or Thomas would have.

Wasn't Artest publicly regretting his decision not toOPT out a day after declining to do so? :smh:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I bet Coach Cremins is :smh: at this great piece of news.