Mueller Report Out! (AG Barr Edition: download within)

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Pelosi gotta pull the trigger and put everything on front street.. let the chips fall where they may
That is what I heard she is doing behind the scenes she Has to put pressure on the Senate because right now what’s going on is beyond criminal especially with the Justice Department

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
This is what I was saying when people thought impeachment would mean people testifying and admitting to crimes for months on TV.

Trump would just tell everyone not to cooperate and then it would be up to Barr and his DOJ to take them to court for contempt of congress.

He knows the only tool congress has is impeachment and he has a Republican senate that will never remove him.

He can't do that during an impeachment trial. All of his executive powers pretty much get neutered. That's the argument for an impeachment trial vs congressional investigations (without impeachment).

The GOP controlled Senate will just try to provide cover, etc. They're not going to convict even if the evidence supports it because they know Trump will burn it all down.

Impeachment forces all the evidence out in the open. Like I said, while he's being impeached, he can't even pardon people.

Last edited:

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
He can't do that during an impeachment trial. All of his executive powers pretty much get neutered. That's the argument for an impeachment trial vs congressional investigations (without impeachment).

The GOP controlled Senate will just try to provide cover, etc. They're not going to convict even if the evidence supports it because they know Trump will burn it all down.

Impeachment forces all the evidence out in the open. Like I said, while he's being impeached, he can't even pardon people.

If he does it during impeachment what can the Congress do about it.

Hell, he can’t ignore a congressional subpoena either but he’s doing it.

If he tells the congress, fuck you. Neither me nor anyone in my administration will testify, Constitution be damned, what can the Congress do besides impeach him?

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
To follow up, the Congress’ only other play would be to request an indictment from the Justice Department. And what did we just learn about the justice department, indictments, and sitting presidents?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
If he does it during impeachment what can the Congress do about it.

Literally, things like pardon powers are suspended. He can't do it. There is a process that has to take place for pardons and the process can't be initiated during impeachment.

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Literally, things like pardon powers are suspended. He can't do it. There is a process that has to take place for pardons and the process can't be initiated during impeachment.

What if he tells that person I will pardon you after the Senate finds me not guilty?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Hell, he can’t ignore a congressional subpoena either but he’s doing it.

Oh you can literally ignore a subpoena. You're just saying that you're willing to deal with the courts or you're daring Congress to use the sergeant of arms + hold you in contempt.

But literally, you can't pardon while under impeachment.

Ignoring subpoenas is daring DEMs in Congress to escalate and it's a stall tactic to tie things up in court. The same doesn't imply to pardons and other executive powers while going through impeachment.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
What if he tells that person I will pardon you after the Senate finds me not guilty?

he can do that. he just can't initiate pardons while under impeachment. my point is that his executive powers are tightened under impeachment as opposed to simple congressional oversight.

I think he'll try to bend the law regardless, but there is a different dynamic with those situations.

at the same time, we're dealing with a person with clear autocratic tendencies so in a sense I agree with you.... he has zero regard for the "law"

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
he can do that. he just can't initiate pardons while under impeachment. my point is that his executive powers are tightened under impeachment as opposed to simple congressional oversight.

I think he'll try to bend the law regardless, but there is a different dynamic with those situations.

at the same time, we're dealing with a person with clear autocratic tendencies so in a sense I agree with you.... he has zero regard for the "law"

Mind you, congress is pretty much forced to impeach at this point.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
We're definitely in uncharted territory here. Trump already has his sycophants ready to ignore subpoenas and generally prepared to be as uncooperative as possible. Meanwhile Dems are basically reduced to hall monitor status demanding compliance with laws and norms from those ready to buck both.

Interesting... click and check the whole thing

I understand this outlook but it doesn't seem to meet the present day challenge. Who is this mythical audience Dems are concerned with? Trump is burning everything down and she's talking about the optics of being 'seen to have a foregone conclusion'. Meanwhile the optics of weak, impotent Dems issuing hard deadlines only to be casually rebuffed (then extending the deadlines lol) is playing out in realtime. Only one side seems to realize it's at war.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
I understand this outlook but it doesn't seem to meet the present day challenge. Who is this mythical audience Dems are concerned with? Trump is burning everything down and she's talking about the optics of being 'seen to have a foregone conclusion'. Meanwhile the optics of weak, impotent Dems issuing hard deadlines only to be casually rebuffed (then extending the deadlines lol) is playing out in realtime. Only one side seems to realize it's at war.

Dems are like... let's take a knee on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and then punt. They just want to play defense.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Dems are like... let's take a knee on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and then punt. They just want to play defense.

Oh... maybe they're serious

"Nadler even mentioned jailing administration officials as a consequence for contempt of Congress, though he surmised such a plan might be unrealistic, added the person, who requested anonymity to discuss a closed-door session"

sharkbait28

International Member

Dems are like:

"Yeah if you could go ahead and stop obstructing justice that'd be great mkay?"
Lumbergh-Office-Space.jpg

sharkbait28

International Member
Oh... maybe they're serious

"Nadler even mentioned jailing administration officials as a consequence for contempt of Congress, though he surmised such a plan might be unrealistic, added the person, who requested anonymity to discuss a closed-door session"

Dems have a messaging problem (and lack the 24/7 network of conservative propaganda Republicans have painstakingly curated). There's no ambiguity in the law allowing Congress to subpoena these records... infact the law allowing it was created exactly for this situation and if Dems had any competence at communication they'd be hammering talking points that allude to eerie similarity of the Harden administration's self dealing/corruption and Trump's own. Making a statement that applying the law may be "unrealistic" is exactly the kind of weak shit we were talking about :smh:

Big Tex

BGOL Investor
Dems have a messaging problem (and lack the 24/7 network of conservative propaganda Republicans have painstakingly curated). There's no ambiguity in the law allowing Congress to subpoena these records... infact the law allowing it was created exactly for this situation and if Dems had any competence at communication they'd be hammering talking points that allude to eerie similarity of the Harden administration's self dealing/corruption and Trump's own. Making a statement that applying the law may be "unrealistic" is exactly the kind of weak shit we were talking about :smh:

The other problem is that old republicans watch fox news.

The dem base gets their news by memes. And even then, do they really care?

Perfect example, what percentage of BGOL is even paying attention to this thread? Are there more than 10-15 people posting in here?

Dems have to figure out how to get their message to their base.

sharkbait28

International Member

Perfect example, what percentage of BGOL is even paying attention to this thread? Are there more than 10-15 people posting in here?

I feel like the Dem base is already here for any action the party takes to frustrate Trump and his agenda. The messaging is only for the bizarre 'undecided', fake centrist 'Ken Bone' types who genuinely don't understand or care about Trump's incredibly outlandish fuckery.

Also, not to quibble too much but the young alt right are all about memes (and even brag that they helped meme 45's way into office). It's something the left could be better at as that style of messaging reaches some folks. But yeah, I share your cynicism, this shit is all pretty ridiculous. :smh:

sharkbait28

International Member
Does anyone remember when Trump spent a year+ demanding Obama's birth certificate? Then his transcripts? Dude legit called himself "the most transparent president ever"...There's so much ammo to use against this stupid fuck but it feels like Dems only want to use super soakers smdh

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel like the Dem base is already here for any action the party takes to frustrate Trump and his agenda. The messaging is only for the bizarre 'undecided', fake centrist 'Ken Bone' types who genuinely don't understand or care about Trump's incredibly outlandish fuckery.

Also, not to quibble too much but the young alt right are all about memes (and even brag that they helped meme 45's way into office). It's something the left could be better at as that style of messaging reaches some folks. But yeah, I share your cynicism, this shit is all pretty ridiculous. :smh:

The Democrats have always been and still are horrible at messaging. Think about this: Burr was leaking shit from the Mueller investigation to the White House. Imagine the same scenario but with Schumer leaking to an Obama White House. You already know how that would have gone down. :smh: :curse: Pelosi was right to say that she can't say she's for impeachment before the report was released. However, as soon as that shit came out, it should have been non-stop from the Democrats. The more they try to take their time, the more your average dumb cac can pretend that all of this is normal and just the democrats "routing against Trump" :hmm:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Trump is not going to get out of ALL of this shit. If he escapes all of this, he's the goat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/24/politics/deutsche-bank-trump-records/index.html

Deutsche Bank begins process of providing Trump financial records to New York's attorney general
Deutsche Bank has begun the process of providing financial records to New York state's attorney general in response to a subpoena for documents related to loans made to President Donald Trump and his business, according to a person familiar with the production.

Last month, the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James issued subpoenas for records tied to funding for several Trump Organization projects.
The state's top legal officer opened a civil probe after Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohentestified to Congress in a public hearing that Trump had inflated his assets. Cohen at that time presented copies of financial statements he said had been provided to Deutsche Bank.

The New York attorney general's office declined to comment.

The bank is already the subject of a joint investigation between the House Financial Services and Intelligence committees into Trump's businesses and money laundering.
Deutsche Bank has been one of the few big banks willing to lend to the Trump Organization in recent years.

Trump's businesses have borrowed more than $300 million from Deutsche to finance the company's Florida golf course and hotels in Chicago and Washington, according to financial disclosures and public filings from 2012 to 2015.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

No, they don't. Been that way for over 2 years now, but dems are determined to make folks care.

And regarding BGOL, I'd say it's more politically aware than middle America and some folks don't even care it's more 'fuck Trump' than it is following the details.

Dems can keep trying, but there is the way the world works and how they want it to be. When they learn that, dems might stand a chance stopping 4 more years of Trump.

older version

A version older
Registered

I have script blocker plugins all over my browser. For every post in this thread that comes via twitter I get
Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblocker and
tracking protection

Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblocker and
tracking protection

Not to downplay all the effort that goes on in the Trump tracker threads...
It's 's not that I'm not with the times, but in my opinion, if there were actionable news, it would
make it in a journalists' hands of a news site and not just twitter feeds. Twitter is fine if there is
something breaking but the twitterverse can't by itself show people how this administration is failing.

Case in point, taxes. You're not going to get an on the edge Trump supporter to follow Huffpost,
they are in fear of an "alternate truth" that they cannot stomach. No way in hell would they take
the time to click on a bunch of twitter links. Oh yeah what about taxes So some people got less...
Did anyone catch that or are both sides putting too much time in politics and finger pointing?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Yeah. It feels like Pelosi should be making a surprise press conference to drive that message home about the subpoenas.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
Trump is not going to get out of ALL of this shit. If he escapes all of this, he's the goat.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/24/politics/deutsche-bank-trump-records/index.html

Deutsche Bank begins process of providing Trump financial records to New York's attorney general
Deutsche Bank has begun the process of providing financial records to New York state's attorney general in response to a subpoena for documents related to loans made to President Donald Trump and his business, according to a person familiar with the production.

Last month, the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James issued subpoenas for records tied to funding for several Trump Organization projects.
The state's top legal officer opened a civil probe after Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohentestified to Congress in a public hearing that Trump had inflated his assets. Cohen at that time presented copies of financial statements he said had been provided to Deutsche Bank.

The New York attorney general's office declined to comment.

The bank is already the subject of a joint investigation between the House Financial Services and Intelligence committees into Trump's businesses and money laundering.
Deutsche Bank has been one of the few big banks willing to lend to the Trump Organization in recent years.

Trump's businesses have borrowed more than $300 million from Deutsche to finance the company's Florida golf course and hotels in Chicago and Washington, according to financial disclosures and public filings from 2012 to 2015.

If not him then definitely Don Jr., Eric, and most importantly - Ivanka.

If they all skate I give up and will accept that there's no hope.

Last edited:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Does anyone remember when Trump spent a year+ demanding Obama's birth certificate? Then his transcripts? Dude legit called himself "the most transparent president ever"...There's so much ammo to use against this stupid fuck but it feels like Dems only want to use super soakers smdh

What's fucked up is that Obama did that shit! I always said that was one of the worst things he fucking did... he replied to try to put it to rest but all he did was empower Trump. Media pressure had Obama doing something he absolutely did not need to do yet Trump is ignoring Congress as if the Consitution means nothing. I know there are lots of different dynamics at play here ( GOP vs Dem, black vs white, etc) but the contrast is striking

sharkbait28

International Member
The Democrats have always been and still are horrible at messaging. Think about this: Burr was leaking shit from the Mueller investigation to the White House. Imagine the same scenario but with Schumer leaking to an Obama White House. You already know how that would have gone down. :smh: :curse: Pelosi was right to say that she can't say she's for impeachment before the report was released. However, as soon as that shit came out, it should have been non-stop from the Democrats. The more they try to take their time, the more your average dumb cac can pretend that all of this is normal and just the democrats "routing against Trump" :hmm:

Rules for thee and not for me. Republicans traffic in the most epic hypocrisy ever :smh:

Yeah man timing is so critical. Dems are moving at a glacial pace. Republicans for all their faults excel at messaging and managing frames (George Lakoff wrote a lot of interesting shit about this).

Yeah. It feels like Pelosi should be making a surprise press conference to drive that message home about the subpoenas.

For real. It should be a blitzkrieg of Dems pointing out the Trump admin's obvious hypocrisy and lawlessness. Attacks on Barr's utter illegitimacy. Attacks on Trump's character and lack of fitness for the office along with positive cases for starting the impeachment process immediately. Unified consistent messaging. No more wishy washy shit.

All of this has the added benefit of Trump losing his shit on Twitter... can you imagine how unhinged he'll get if he actually gets pressured? Nancy going on TV and calling him a corrupt liar will trigger this fuck like no other lol

sharkbait28

International Member
What's fucked up is that Obama did that shit! I always said that was one of the worst things he fucking did... he replied to try to put it to rest but all he did was empower Trump. Media pressure had Obama doing something he absolutely did not need to do yet Trump is ignoring Congress as if the Consitution means nothing. I know there are lots of different dynamics at play here ( GOP vs Dem, black vs white, etc) but the contrast is striking

It was a huge mistake and illustrative of how weak Dems are at managing the professional trolling that propelled Trump into office on the first place. Bruh... when Melania got on TV questioning Obama's American bonafides in her thick ass Transylvanian Count Dracula accent I lost my shit :lol:

Like... fight back niggas! You have the high ground!

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Rules for thee and not for me. Republicans traffic in the most epic hypocrisy ever :smh:

Yeah man timing is so critical. Dems are moving at a glacial pace. Republicans for all their faults excel at messaging and managing frames (George Lakoff wrote a lot of interesting shit about this).

For real. It should be a blitzkrieg of Dems pointing out the Trump admin's obvious hypocrisy and lawlessness. Attacks on Barr's utter illegitimacy. Attacks on Trump's character and lack of fitness for the office along with positive cases for starting the impeachment process immediately. Unified consistent messaging. No more wishy washy shit.

All of this has the added benefit of Trump losing his shit on Twitter... can you imagine how unhinged he'll get if he actually gets pressured? Nancy going on TV and calling him a corrupt liar will trigger this fuck like no other lol

Yeah. At some point, it starts to feel like you really don't want it and if you don't want it, it feels like '"politics"... like this Biden announcement.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
It was a huge mistake and illustrative of how weak Dems are at managing the professional trolling that propelled Trump into office on the first place. Bruh... when Melania got on TV questioning Obama's American bonafides in her thick ass Transylvanian Count Dracula accent I lost my shit :lol:

Like... fight back niggas! You have the high ground!

Man. She's the fucking worst.... but also show the GOP hypocrisy. Michelle Obama has multiple degrees from Ivy League schools + the "all-american" story and they hated her for not being "classy" for showing her arms in his official F.L. portrait but Melania straight up got soft-porn out there, can barely speaking English, was likely over here on a fucking tourist visa working, and got "chain migration" parents and they love that bitch.... all they love is her white skin... she's everything they've supposedly hated beyond her skin

Famous1

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No, they don't. Been that way for over 2 years now, but dems are determined to make folks care.

And regarding BGOL, I'd say it's more politically aware than middle America and some folks don't even care it's more 'fuck Trump' than it is following the details.

Dems can keep trying, but there is the way the world works and how they want it to be. When they learn that, dems might stand a chance stopping 4 more years of Trump.
:clap:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That is and has been the consistent experience with the Democrats. Bunch of pussies, soft, playing defense even when it's their turn on offense, always backed against the wall, posers, all talk.... This is what also emboldens his base amongst other things. As long ad they're presented with illusions of winning even with the smallest gains, his supporters consider themselves as part of the championship team. We've been calling for Dems to get their shit together and here they go with the same tactics. At some point, play checkers and chess. These mofukas aren't even strategic. They're reckless and openly defiant. Saying fuck the law and what!?