Marvel Animation's X-Men '97 | Official Trailer

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
They shouldndona spin off miniseries featuring X-Men gold team. I've noticed that every X-Men cartoon besides pryde of the X-Men never had collosus as a ful time member. In wolverine and the x men he was there at the beginning then the mansion blue up. In X-Men evolution he was one of the four horsemen and in X-Men tas he made guest appearances but always declined to join the team. I think it might have something to do with creative licensing

Colossus and Nightcrawler were the conscience of the team in darker storylines

TV avoided or watered down the dark themes and stories so -imo thats why those 2 were often left out
and in the time frames usually covered on TV Colossus personal life works best with Kitty Pryde another full time member often avoided

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Colossus and Nightcrawler were the conscience of the team in darker storylines

TV avoided or watered down the dark themes and stories so -imo thats why those 2 were often left out
and in the time frames usually covered on TV Colossus personal life works best with Kitty Pryde another full time member often avoided
Makes sense . Kitty was there full time in x-men evolution and wolverine and the x-men

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
As a side note fellas I checked out that What If..... series as well. THAT SHIT IS OFF THE CHAINS!!!! IS THERE A THREAD FOR THAT SERIES AS WELL?

GXfOVh.jpg

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
X-Men: The Animated Series
Season One

I was able to knock these out quickly and finished them up this morning at home. You can easily watch 3 episodes in one hour, so 6 episodes equates to a 2 hour film.

The series starts out with the X-Men already in place with Cyclops and Jean Grey as adults. The rest of the team is Wolverine, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Rogue, Jubilee and Morph with Professor Xavier as the leader.

It kicks off with the Anti-Mutant movement already in full swing and headed by Henry Gynrich. I was definitely surprised to see him. Sentinels debuted just like they looked like in the comics from when this series came out. Magneto is introduced and already kicking up his war against humans. This plot line carries out thru the whole season.

Wolverine was depicted like he is in the comics. They didn’t water him down, no graphic violence with him cuz it’s a kiddie cartoon. The 2nd surprise is they dealt with the relationship between Logan, Scott and Jean. Other characters are depicted like they are from the comics.

A large number of other well known Mutants dating back to the early 1970s were shown in minor background appearances which was interesting. Other members are introduced like Colussus, Cable, Angel and Bishop thru-out the season.

Apocalypse is introduced in this season. Senator Robert Kelly is introduced around the Mutant Registration Act plot. The season does a “Days of Future Past” two part episode.

I went into it thinking each episode was independent from another with separate adventures, but every episode connected to each other for one continuous story. There is a recap at the start of each episode on what happened prior that relates to whatever episode you are about to watch.

Fight sequences with the characters played out well displaying their powers.

Also, like all animated/live action productions taken from comics, it doesn’t follow the source material. So if you originally watched this series when it aired and bitching today how today’s content doesn’t follow the books, it’s obvious you forgot and haven’t been paying attention thru out the decades. The series looks to mainly follow where Marvel comics was at in the early 1990s.

The series didn’t play out as a kiddie show as I assumed. It handled the storylines maturely and came off pretty good.

Gonna start Season 2 here this week and possibly try to get season 3 also.

MV5BNTVjNmEwNTMtNmQ2ZC00MGJkLWI3MDgtNzMyNTc4YjVkNTQ1L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Season One

I was able to knock these out quickly and finished them up this morning at home. You can easily watch 3 episodes in one hour, so 6 episodes equates to a 2 hour film.

The series starts out with the X-Men already in place with Cyclops and Jean Grey as adults. The rest of the team is Wolverine, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Rogue, Jubilee and Morph with Professor Xavier as the leader.

It kicks off with the Anti-Mutant movement already in full swing and headed by Henry Gynrich. I was definitely surprised to see him. Sentinels debuted just like they looked like in the comics from when this series came out. Magneto is introduced and already kicking up his war against humans. This plot line carries out thru the whole season.

Wolverine was depicted like he is in the comics. They didn’t water him down, no graphic violence with him cuz it’s a kiddie cartoon. The 2nd surprise is they dealt with the relationship between Logan, Scott and Jean. Other characters are depicted like they are from the comics.

A large number of other well known Mutants dating back to the early 1970s were shown in minor background appearances which was interesting. Other members are introduced like Colussus, Cable, Angel and Bishop thru-out the season.

Apocalypse is introduced in this season. Senator Robert Kelly is introduced around the Mutant Registration Act plot. The season does a “Days of Future Past” two part episode.

I went into it thinking each episode was independent from another with separate adventures, but every episode connected to each other for one continuous story. There is a recap at the start of each episode on what happened prior that relates to whatever episode you are about to watch.

Fight sequences with the characters played out well displaying their powers.

Also, like all animated/live action productions taken from comics, it doesn’t follow the source material. So if you originally watched this series when it aired and bitching today how today’s content doesn’t follow the books, it’s obvious you forgot and haven’t been paying attention thru out the decades. The series looks to mainly follow where Marvel comics was at in the early 1990s.

The series didn’t play out as a kiddie show as I assumed. It handled the storylines maturely and came off pretty good.

Gonna start Season 2 here this week and possibly try to get season 3 also.

MV5BNTVjNmEwNTMtNmQ2ZC00MGJkLWI3MDgtNzMyNTc4YjVkNTQ1L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

Excellent as always

Bro real talk just upload these into an AI voice. Post them on tic tok and youtube and collect the money.

My 10% cut will be thanks enough

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Need a new side hustle. NEVER once thought about doing this. Thanks famo.

@blackbull1970

GET on this bruh.

oNE

Respect

My real bgol brain trust you are obviously alumni kicked this around a few times. My brothers too smart but also too busy. They writing thoughtful op ed pieces media reviews sports opinions on here better than 75% of everything else. Reason why we were planning a podcast at one point.

They just need some light editing and time. Keep anonymous and kaboom.

And like I been saying for over a decade lurkers been stealing bgol content

I see you Phonte & pooh :lol:

I ain't dropping any more here but I know THE EXACT members who need to be recruited.

Last edited:

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member

My nigga hold up….

this is Chris Potter.

i remember this dude from Silk Stalkings way, way back in the day!!

Most females know him from The Good Witch - wifey watched that sappy shit for years bro but yeah, this man did a bunch of stuff back in the day. I had a connect with him that fell through years ago -a B movie producer threw his name out to me once but I ended up taking a full time gig and that was that,project died man, I had no idea he was still working in the game.

oNE

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My nigga hold up….

this is Chris Potter.

i remember this dude from Silk Stalkings way, way back in the day!!

Most females know him from The Good Witch - wifey watched that sappy shit for years bro but yeah, this man did a bunch of stuff back in the day. I had a connect with him that fell through years ago but man, I had no idea he was still working in the game.

oNE

Bro I was just as shocked.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 2

I finished this season tonight on the road. The season kicks off following events in season one.

Xavier/Magneto get sent off to the Savage Land, their story spreads out thru the whole season in small parts and concludes in the season finale.

Scott/Jean get married and Wolverine avoids the ceremony.

Sen. Kelly is sworn in as POTUS and supports Mutants. The anti-Mutant agenda continues on with a group called “Friends of Humanity” thru the season.

Mr. Sinister and his crew debut and he is one of the main foes thru the season. This character debuted after I stopped reading books so I’m unaware of who he is and if he is being shown as how he is depicted in the comics. I will assume he is being how other characters are shown.

Alpha Flight debuts along with Wolverine’s origin on getting Adamantium.

The season continued on with the “Days With Future Past” episodes from season one bringing Cable and Bishop together. Apocalypse returns and we got a quick cameo of SHIELD/ Nick Fury (White version).

Ms. Marvel debuts. Mojo and characters associated with him debuted. With the Mojo story, a number of B-List and D-List Marvel characters popped up as part of Mojo’s show as visual aids for his competition.

The season ended with Mr. Sinister returning bringing the X-Men to the Savage Land along with concluding the Xavier/Magneto storyline.

Gonna get season 3 complete before Friday hopefully.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
This last episode (episode #4)
It was..........kinda strange :dunno:
But I did like some of the throwback video game references

Last edited:

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ike's bitch... lol

Disney has framed the proxy-vote campaign by Peltz’s Trian Partners as driven by a “longstanding personal agenda” harbored by former Marvel Entertainment chairman Ike Perlmutter against Iger. Trian controls roughly $3.5 billion worth of Disney stock, 79% of which is owned by Perlmutter. Last year, Disney terminated Perlmutter’s employment.
Peltz, asked during the FT interview if Feige should be removed as president of Marvel Studios, replied, “I’m not ready to say that, but I question his record.”

In a new statement Monday, Peltz’s Trian claimed it “supports Mr. Iger as a candidate for the board and as CEO,” and asserted that its goal was to replace certain Disney board members with new blood. However, Trian withheld its votes for Iger’s reelection to the Disney board.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I don't know what that man did

And I am by no means defending him

But damn it

If homeland security ain't raid his home?

Bring him back

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Finally, cyclops getting some respect. Unless you read the comics back in the day you would never know what a bad ass cyclops was. In the cartoon Wolverine was always talking slick to cyclops but in the comics he knew better, Cyclops would burn the skin off his face if he didn't end each sentence with sir.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Season 3

Finished this season this morning at home. The season starts off fresh with new stories.

It starts off with Wolverines and his origin along with his time in Japan. His time in Japan obviously happened before this series started.

There is a 5 part, back to back episode arc dealing with Jean Grey/Phoenix. Lilandra and Gladiator/Imperial Guard from the Shi’ar empire debut with that storyline. Those are characters along with Corsair/Starjammers who also debut, we hopefully should see when the X-Men debut in the MCU. Captain Britain and Doctor Strange make small minor cameos with the Phoenix story.

Mojo returns and IceMan debuts with drama that occurred between him and Xavier before the series came out. X-Factor debuts announcing they are working with the Federal Government. The High Evolutionary made a small flashback cameo with a story around the Savage Land.

The season also has a 4 part, back to back episode arc with Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix. Dazzler and the Hellfire Club make cameos as part of the Dark Phoenix storyline. The Supreme Intelligence and Skrull Empress also have small cameos. We get Jean Grey in her throwback X-Men suit from the 1960s.

That pretty much sums up season 3, there were some other minor moments in this season and past seasons that I didn’t bring up, not gonna go into details. I’m just focusing on the major plots in my reviews.

Hopefully get season 4 completed by the end of the week.

Looking forward to it.

81p-2lUGAFL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg