Marvel Animation's X-Men '97 | Official Trailer

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Marvel Studios Greenlights X-Men '97 for Season 3​

The third season of X-Men ‘97 is already well into development according to one of Marvel Studios' executives.

x-men-97-episode-3-cyclops-in-frint-of-show-logo.jpg

5UJY1J.gif

uzhPFE.jpg

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Okay, I just finished watching episode #5
I think they need to ease up a little on the constant "Love story angle"
Dial it back just a little bit :dunno:
This is a cartoon, not a Univision soap opera
But to me, the last half of the episode was way better than the first half

Ninjas.....prepare to be in total shock after you finish watching episode #5 o_O

Last edited:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Yo!!!!!! This might be the greatest episode of X-Men Animated Series I've ever seen. Goddamn.....that shit had me feeling like I was watching Transformers The Movie (1986) and seeing Optimus, Ironhide and others die..... I wasn't expecting this.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Easter eggs:

The sentinels' deployment from their carrier ship was exactly as shown in the "Days of Future Past" movie.
Also, Magneto using scrap metals to form a protection shield is another reference.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Ninjas.....prepare to be in total shock after you finish watching episode #5 o_O
I understand why you said that about the love triangle thing. And if it was poorly written I would agree they need to dial it back a bit. But this was so well written I have no problem with it. In fact, I would go onto say this could be the greatest animation cartoon ever script wise. It's not perfect, but it makes up for anything you didn't care for in such an immaculate way you forgive anything that soured you. It's like each episode methodically knows where it's going. It just sets you up like wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, then BANG!!!!! :eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

Jh2B1T.jpg

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Naw….i don’t think so they maybe should’ve done live action first….this shit too good.

The pacing, plot, style, and storytelling from animes and movies are very different when one is converted to the other.
I do think they should borrow some elements, but it can't be an exact retelling.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The pacing, plot, style, and storytelling from animes and movies are very different when one is converted to the other.
I do think they should borrow some elements, but it can't be an exact retelling.
I agree but like you said there’s some things they can borrow from the show. First stop is not Hollywooding the shit.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

I’m watching the original series that this series is following.

I’m in season 4 and the love stuff is constantly going on. The relationship between Cyclops, Jean and Logan goes through the seasons.

And Gambit’s Thirsty Ass is constantly pursuing Rogue.

It’s been so long since a lot of you cats seen the original series you might have forgotten what happened.

I never watched the original series in whole, it’s why I’m watching it now.

Also, I have no idea how you cats are watching this weekly. My TV ADHD would go into overdrive. After watching a 30mph episode, I would be looking for the next one and go into shock realizing I got another week to wait for another 30 min episode.

FYI…the season finale is May 14, 2024 for a total of 10 episodes. I plan on being home Memorial Day weekend and will binge them all then and post my review.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I don't know how the live action MCU X-Men will be able to top this....
not with the current marvel production team -
but there are a few writers / directors floating around that can do a Chris Clairmont arc better in live action

they should adapt from the source material -using any of the TV shows would be a recipe for failure

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
damn aint magneto like 80 years old? roque still want it
no wonder bgol rooting for magneto most of yall can be his daddy

anyway they got my man gambito he was simpin hard tho
but its no surprised cause only wolverine survives
they will all die

nellj

Ba Weep Granah Weep ni-ni bong
BGOL Gold Member
Man Fuck Marvel Studios and Xmen; got me over here pacing back and forth and shit; like is he dead, is he dead etc etc; some bullshit!!! All this love shit and trying to rile up my emotions; fuck them...
Is he...is he dead?

They pulled no punches this episode!!!

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’m watching the original series that this series is following.

I’m in season 4 and the love stuff is constantly going on. The relationship between Cyclops, Jean and Logan goes through the seasons.

And Gambit’s Thirsty Ass is constantly pursuing Rogue.

It’s been so long since a lot of you cats seen the original series you might have forgotten what happened.

I never watched the original series in whole, it’s why I’m watching it now.

Also, I have no idea how you cats are watching this weekly. My TV ADHD would go into overdrive. After watching a 30mph episode, I would be looking for the next one and go into shock realizing I got another week to wait for another 30 min episode.

FYI…the season finale is May 14, 2024 for a total of 10 episodes. I plan on being home Memorial Day weekend and will binge them all then and post my review.
Thank you, I can't do the weekly shit no more.