Marvel Animation's X-Men '97 | Official Trailer

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I watched it back in the day and my only gripe was the animation (and the voice work was pretty wack) back then, but this brings me back big time. Us old heads gonna feel all this nostalgia big time. @playahaitian

anigif_enhanced-buzz-18634-1402950616-16.gif

damn right

been a long time coming

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
The actor who plays Cyclops sounds exactly the same.

Sadly, Logan doesn’t.

Magneto doesn’t either.

(I mean, the show ended almost 30 years ago and voices change, i get it)

Bishop is fully on the team now (nice)

It’d be nice if they add other X-Men (Collossus, Archangel)

Hopefully Apocalypse makes an appearance. His voice actor and writing in the original cartoon were the best.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
anigif_enhanced-buzz-18634-1402950616-16.gif

damn right

been a long time coming

I was worried at first. As an artist, that animation was terrible (anime back then was destroying American animation and still is) So why was a top-notch property like X-men so bad? This new style kept it relative but cleaned it up and looks better. I'm excited for it.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I was a little offput with the 3d animation but I'm glad to see they stick with the core character design and aesthetic. When it was reported they they would buzz an animation style similar to "what if..?" It had me worried a little.nits coming march 20 so I'll have to switch up myxmen from week ends to daily. I'm on season 3

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sadly, Logan doesn’t.

Magneto doesn’t either.

Hopefully Apocalypse makes an appearance. His voice actor and writing in the original cartoon were the best.
In case you didn't notice, I happen to be a big bishop fan...lol.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

Sadly, Logan doesn’t.

Magneto doesn’t either.

The actor who played cyclops passed away more than a y arago might be a different actor

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Back then the animation was bad. Now it is atrocious.

Did Gambit just mount the much smaller Wolverine?

Gambit and Wolverine was never that close.

Old school comic head so this show was always lame to me.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Sadly, Logan doesn’t.

Magneto doesn’t either.

Most of the original characters are back doing the voices. Logan's voice character is the same. He just got older. This is going to be HUGE!!!!!

KaEla8.jpg

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
*Sigh*
I hate to be "that guy", but I feel like you guys are overlooking one major issue here.

This will be a production of modern day Disney, fellas.

Unless there is a dramatic change in Disney's current "brand" of storytelling, fans might be deeply disappointed by what Disney chooses to do with "Marvel's Merry Mutants".

The heavy handed way Disney makes virtually everything they produce about feminism, racial representation and LGBTQ inclusion may sour some of your opinions of the series.

And even though a ground breaking comic book series like The X-Men has had a LONG history of being a champion of such issues, folks might be taken aback by how Disney handles them for "modern audiences".

I'm just sayin'... :dunno:

Last edited:

BenQ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
*Sigh*
I hate to be "that guy", but I feel like you guys are overlooking one major issue here.

This will be a production of modern day Disney, fellas.

Unless there is a dramatic change in Disney's current "brand" of storytelling, fans might be deeply disappointed by what Disney chooses to do with "Marvel's Merry Mutants".

The heavy handed way Disney makes virtually everything they produce about feminism, racial representation and LGBTQ inclusion may sour some of your opinions of the series.

And even though a ground breaking comic book series like The X-Men has had a LONG history of being a champion of such issues, folks might be taken aback by how Disney handles them for "modern audiences".

I'm just sayin'... :dunno:

giphy.gif