Married brothers or long term relationship brothers, I need some advice on dealing with live in girlfriend.

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor
You lost frame early on, and she's been shit testing you ever since. That plant room was the battleground.

Your mistake was to have a 'live-in' gf to begin with. Now she steady with the micro aggressions.

You trying to address it is an L no matter what you do, as she will see that you've been 'unseated' by her little game.

The best thing to do is what you did, but it is a pyrrhic victory.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Good lawd this is triggering

Man, what?! Lol!

I’d come back to the room an hour later and she in the same space looking through papers, pictures, bills, and whatever else is in that clutter. Got stacks of shit that “she is going to do something with” except throw away.

I gave up, fam. I used to be a very tidy dude. Spotless and dust free. When the wife and kid came, along with going to school and working, I just let some things go. Wasn’t no point of making a deal about it anymore.

Now of days, I just keep my space tight and let her live how she wants to. The space we share could be better, but once we move to a new house I could see improvement from the both of us.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Ask yourself will you be able to tolerate it.

There is no woman on the planet that will satisfy your every need. There will be some areas where you’ll have to ask yourself “can I deal with this long term?”

Some people just sucks at doing certain things no matter how hard they try. If your from a life where effort and tidiness was important and you date a chick that comes from a life where that wasn’t stressed, then it’s going to be difficult for you to set those expectations that she’ll understand without you having to be patient to a degree.

Personally, some shit I just let go of completely because people are who they are. In one way, she could be a great mom, funny personality, easy to be around, but is sloppy with cleaning or doesn’t cook well.

Just ask yourself is this something you can tolerate and does this snowball into other areas. Because best believe there are aspects about you where she probably thinks you’re failing in.
Wisdom

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You finish how you start with women. In general, people don't test people they know are serious.

Also, if you give them a space, don't dictate what goes on in that space and they are not to dictate what goes on in yours. When living with a woman, both the man and woman will need their own space free from judgement of the other.

It was trash my dude. Like snack food wrappers and tags for shit. I told her I saw a mouse the other day, and said stop leaving food shit out. I came home, and food shit is out. Ya'll are right. It's time to lay down the law officially or tell her she can leave all the wrappers and trash somewhere else. I don't argue with people, especially women, over shit that they know they're wrong about.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You need to drop her. If you already having issues it will be there always. Also if a bitch is messy like that it’s a sign of a lazy sloppy bitch and you need to cit her loose. My wife is constantly cleaning up making sure the crib is clean.
You got one of those dog and cheese casserole eating block head Asians. She don’t do shit but lie and steal your money

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
And to be fair, that lesson works both ways.

Both partners gets the real deal. For example, now that you’re living together you could be fussing and nagging about shit you wasn’t doing beforehand. Or she may have to deal with your anger or lack of empathy that you wasn’t showing before hand. She may not know how you are after a long day of work and sees another side of you that she didn’t see before.

I scared off many chicks with my anger issues I never showed initially while dating. Some even thought I would kill them. I didn’t know I was that bad.
I mean

There was that whole child head stomping thing

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had to leave the house for a few this morning because I didn't want to argue with her. I have a sunroom that I said she can grow plants in, and I told her just to maintain the room so it's not a mess. I go in there today, and there is trash everywhere, makeup shit laying all over the place, and dirt from the plants spilled on the floor. This is the 5th time I've asked her to keep the room somewhat tidy, and every single time she has an excuse about why it looks the way it does. Today I went in there and took everything on the floor and put it in a giant trashbag because I'm done asking.

How do you talk to your ladies when you've asked them multiple times to do something, and it seems they just don't give a fuck? I want to address this now, and not let it fester and I bring it up a year down the road.
Do she have a good job and the pussy good? Do she nag you? If not, what are you complaining about?

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rinse, clean, and repeat :lol:

17 years for me. And when that baby came along I gave the fuck up on everything.

You should see our bedroom. My side is tidy as fuck. Her side…well like you said, cluttered. I do it that way intentionally. Makes her feel like crap at times, but she grown.

When my wife cleans, she spend hours trying to organize her clutter instead of just picking it up or throwing shit away. Then she realize she done created more of a mess. But don’t let me do it because I’m throwing shit away. Then she be mad like shit because I threw something away she wanted. :lol:
:lol:the same way. i be like if you don't throw that shit away. she'll organize a pile of paper then start right back to building. spend a hour organizing and later down the road .....spend 3o minutes to an hour trying to find something in said spots. you seen.?....nope..... i'll say quickly from my clean side of the room:lol:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
well hate to say it... but you done spoiled dat ho bruh..

there is something that tells me

tis here aint about THIS sitution heah,

you been sensing some disrespect for a minute,

and you tryin to put your foot down now huh..

well the only thing I can tell you at this point is to

clear that room out... get a nice solid door, with an electronic

keypad that you know, you can also program it to give her ass

a temp password, in case you out of town and emergency access is needed..

and thats

ONLY if THE HEAD GAME ON A
AND
SHE BETTER BE A GATDAM GOOD VEGAN COOK..

Or else,

I bring her home some rocks
so
she can kick them

over to the

next knigga house mayne...

back to the skreets mayne

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
You did the right thing just how you did it. Follow the goddam rules. When I get my studio set up in my basement when I get it finished my wife is more than welcome to come down there. But that's not your office space. I'm building a 20X20 ft sunroom for your office space. She said that's not what we agreed upon. I said that was before I decided to learn guitar and bass. Gonna get a digital piano and saxophone as well. She was pissed but that's how it's gonna fuckin be. I ain't tyrin ta hear none of that shit and neither should you on why she cannot maintain cleanliness in that sunroom. :itsawrap: BELIEVE IN DA WALSH. HE WON'T STEER YOU WRONG. TRIPLE BITCH POST FOR THE PHENOMENAL WAY YOU HANDLED THE SITUATION. WE'RE ALL WINNERS ON THIS ONE CHAMP. :yes:

lgFYj7.jpg

ntLDjJ.jpg

ef7EYU.jpg

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Thanks for the knowledge. I'm going to sort this out.
My wife at times, when I have clutter in some areas, she will bag up papers or whatever small things and put the bag in my office or she will throw it in a drawer or my garage and I'll not find things for at times months. Irks the shit out me. But teaches me to keep some things in order or she will toss that shit out.

Point of telling you is, try putting her things together, put it in a plastic bag and hang it on the door to the front room where the clutter was. Clean up the dirt.

Don't say shit about it. Wait til she brings it up then tell her, not in a condescending tone about how you feel. And you don't want to see the makeup and whatever else in there.

These are last ditch efforts.
Cause the majority of everything posted in this thread I agree with. You are seeing the initiation of a situation that will only get worse.

phanatic

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My wife at times, when I have clutter in some areas, she will bag up papers or whatever small things and put the bag in my office or she will throw it in a drawer or my garage and I'll not find things for at times months. Irks the shit out me. But teaches me to keep some things in order or she will toss that shit out.

Point of telling you is, try putting her things together, put it in a plastic bag and hang it on the door to the front room where the clutter was. Clean up the dirt.

Don't say shit about it. Wait til she brings it up then tell her, not in a condescending tone about how you feel. And you don't want to see the makeup and whatever else in there.

These are last ditch efforts.
Cause the majority of everything posted in this thread I agree with. You are seeing the initiation of a situation that will only get worse.
I'm not even going to bring it up. I put the vacuum away, and I put everything in bags and the plant shit in containers. If she asks, I'll simply say it was unorganized and if she knows of a better way, I encourage her to use it.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I had to leave the house for a few this morning because I didn't want to argue with her. I have a sunroom that I said she can grow plants in, and I told her just to maintain the room so it's not a mess. I go in there today, and there is trash everywhere, makeup shit laying all over the place, and dirt from the plants spilled on the floor. This is the 5th time I've asked her to keep the room somewhat tidy, and every single time she has an excuse about why it looks the way it does. Today I went in there and took everything on the floor and put it in a giant trashbag because I'm done asking.

How do you talk to your ladies when you've asked them multiple times to do something, and it seems they just don't give a fuck? I want to address this now, and not let it fester and I bring it up a year down the road.

The issue started day one when the decision was made for both of you to live under the same roof.

As a Man, you should have laid down the Law prior to moving in. If she made it clear she ain’t gonna follow your rules, you ain’t living the together.

The same goes before signing your name on the marriage certificate.

You, the Man sets the rules of the relationship and how things are gonna proceed in the marriage.

You, the Man dictates how things are gonna play out in the home.

You, the Man can accept whatever ideas, comments and suggestions the Wife will bring into the relationship. Nothing wrong with you accepting her advice and suggestions.

But, You, the Man makes the final decision on what happens in the end.

The Man is the King of his Castle.

The Man is the Boss in the Home.

What the Man says is Law.

It’s all stated for reference in the Old Testament (Christianity), The Torah (Judaism), the Quran (Islam), the Veda (Hindu) and the Pali Canon (Buddhism) if she has any questions.

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ask yourself will you be able to tolerate it.

There is no woman on the planet that will satisfy your every need. There will be some areas where you’ll have to ask yourself “can I deal with this long term?”

Some people just sucks at doing certain things no matter how hard they try. If your from a life where effort and tidiness was important and you date a chick that comes from a life where that wasn’t stressed, then it’s going to be difficult for you to set those expectations that she’ll understand without you having to be patient to a degree.

Personally, some shit I just let go of completely because people are who they are. In one way, she could be a great mom, funny personality, easy to be around, but is sloppy with cleaning or doesn’t cook well.

Just ask yourself is this something you can tolerate and does this snowball into other areas. Because best believe there are aspects about you where she probably thinks you’re failing in.
Alot of shit boils down to GO/NO GO... or is this a Deal Breaker? Just like 4-D said, if this something that you just CAN'T tolerate (you know what you need to do)... Muffuca's mess up when they try to fix/train people to change... We are who we are, and you'll save yourself some headache if you just watch/listen when people show/tell you who they really are. Just my .02¢

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She is an actor and teacher. She doesn't nag, but she is that Uber liberal gen z'er that thinks everything is offensive, but if she has a few drinks all that goes out the window.
If she does most things well and don’t nag you, sometimes you have to let the little shit go

big enos burrnet

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cann the bitch...I wont and will not argue with a nasty bitch...I'm in the automotive field and have personally seen chic's that brought new
Cars and 5 months later the (whole) interior is fucked up,,some bitches don't know what a trash can is...

Last edited:

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's a mental issue. It costs nothing to keep a clean house.

Now my place is never gonna be museum quality but I do try to keep things presentable should unexpected company pop up.

Again, it's easy to become resentful if you feel like you're doing all the work or taking care of her responsibility.

See my previous post if she's a keeper.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:lol:the same way. i be like if you don't throw that shit away. she'll organize a pile of paper then start right back to building. spend a hour organizing and later down the road .....spend 3o minutes to an hour trying to find something in said spots. you seen.?....nope..... i'll say quickly from my clean side of the room:lol:

This why got love for my brothers

Yall the only ones who f*cking UNDERSTAND