Lakers have to win this finals for kobes legacy

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Re: fakers have to win this finals for tobe

He had the ball in his hands for the sole purpose of scoring, Doc Rivers didn't tap him to setup the offense he tapped him to be the offense

what was his role on the floor and where was he when he got ripped?

EDIT: more specifically, for the last 3 minutes of G5, who brought the ball across half court for the celtics?

Last edited:

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

what was his role on the floor and where was he when he got ripped?

EDIT: more specifically, for the last 3 minutes of G5, who brought the ball across half court for the celtics?

His role was scorer, he was behind the 3 point line the same place he had the ball on 90% of the drives to the hole he had. You had to have recorded the game just looked over it to "know" that Pierce brought the ball up everytime the last 3 minutes but since i'm almost sure i saw Cassel, Rondo and House bring the ball up some i'm gonna say you full of shit

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor

You had to have recorded the game just looked over it to "know" that Pierce brought the ball up everytime the last 3 minutes but since i'm almost sure i saw Cassel, Rondo and House bring the ball up some i'm gonna say you full of shit

but you watched the game, right? :rolleyes:

you saw rajan rondo in the game to handle the ball in the last 3 minutes of G5? :eek:

you saw eddie house bring the ball up over half court? :eek:

yeah, you watch the game. :cool:

pookie

BGOL Investor

but you watched the game, right? :rolleyes:

you saw rajan rondo in the game to handle the ball in the last 3 minutes of G5? :eek:

you saw eddie house bring the ball up over half court? :eek:

yeah, you watch the game. :cool:

:yes::yes:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor

yeah. proof positive as to why you have zero credibility in any basketball discussion.

sam cassell, rajan rondo, james posey never brought the ball past half court in the last 3 minutes of Q4 in G5.

once again, i'm talking fact while you spew fiction.

but you claim to watch games. :smh:

pookie

BGOL Investor

yeah. proof positive as to why you have zero credibility in any basketball discussion.

sam cassell, rajan rondo, james posey never brought the ball past half court in the last 3 minutes of Q4 in G5.

once again, i'm talking fact while you spew fiction.

but you claim to watch games. :smh:

]I just wanna know how do you know this, record or is your memory that good, you didn't find the info off a site because you would've posted it by now

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor

]I just wanna know how do you know this, record or is your memory that good, you didn't find the info off a site because you would've posted it by now

i watched the game.

apparently i see details you don't.

of course, you're at a disadvantage, haven't not actually watched the games. you should try it some time.

but i guess you feel safer in fantasyland where you can populate your "memories" with any false information you choose.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Game 6...

I will just wait for Rothstien....I mean Rollie to fill me in....

Thats why I like his blueberry muffins

Perkins and Allen are both playing (though Allen didn't practice.)

Another thing that worries me is this:

Crawford, Rush And Salvatore Assigned Game 6

Jun 17, 2008 10:56 AM EST

The referees working Game 6 of the NBA Finals will be Joey Crawford, Eddie Rush, and Bennett Salvatore.

...I'm real tempted to say Lakers by 6, but the part of me that wants KG to get a ring is fucking up my decision making.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
i'm waiting for 1 of the gutless tranny queens to bring their sorry excuse making, scapegoating asses in here and attempt to be a man. why?

because if the fakers somehow won this series, they would've credited it to tobe's "greatness".

but the reality is that the fakers got blown out in a close-out game, so of course they won't attribute it to tobe's shit-eating sub-moronic play.

they aren't individually or collectively brave enough to stand behind their statements.

brickwall92

Rising Star
Registered
seen cranrab comment about kobe not even being on harold miners level doesn't take dude serious when it comes to kobe talk

Last edited:

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
seen cranrab comment about kobe not even being on harold miners level doesn't take dude serious when it comes to kobe talk

:lol:

cyber stalking me now, eh? following me around BGOL?

don't try and put words in my mouth, trick. i never wrote any such thing. i wrote "don't insult harold miner". that's not synonymous with what you said i wrote.

:smh:

brickwall92

Rising Star
Registered

cyber stalking me now, eh? following me around BGOL?

don't try and put words in my mouth, trick. i never wrote any such thing. i wrote "don't insult harold miner". that's not synonymous with what you said i wrote.

:smh:

Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
View Post
Kobe Bryant = Harold Miner
don't insult harold miner

read that you're implying that kobe isn't on his level

think of it like this suppose someone said kobe= jordan

and you said don't insult jordan you are implying kobe isn't on his level same shit aka the key word insult

come on bitch boy you know what you meant by the statement don't try and spin your way out of it no one stalking you I respond to threads and seen that bullshit post funny you play the lame stalk card :smh:

besides why would I put words in your mouth ? you constantly shit on kobe won't even rank him in anything .Basically I can't take you serious when it comes to anything lakers related partically kobe related and I'm sure most people can't I don't know what kobe did to you,but you have this dislike for the man for years I know niggas who don't like kobe ,but still give props for his talent you're on some other shit:smh:

congrats to the Celtics for their win and great defense on kobe

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
kobe2.jpg

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Basically I can't take you serious when it comes to anything lakers related partically kobe related and I'm sure most people can't

good. i hope i offend your gay sensibilities. at some point in your life you caught feelings for another man and run around message boards defending him. beyond suspect.

his performance during these finals speaks volumes but you won't (or can't) face reality. so who shouldn't be taken seriously? right.

I don't know what kobe did to you,but you have this dislike for the man for years

again with this? you simps always suggest i have a dislike for tobe. grow up.

tobe never did shit to me. he couldn't. but his fundamentally unsound and overall unintelligent euro style of play is tarnishing a sport i happen to love.

I know niggas who don't like kobe ,but still give props for his talent you're on some other shit

in that case i'm happy to be "on some other shit", because the people you know clearly don't know enough about basketball, if they give tobe "props for his" un-named "talent". just like all those dumb ass "experts" who voted for tobe as MVP and picked the fakers to win the series.

brickwall92

Rising Star
Registered
good. i hope i offend your gay sensibilities. at some point in your life you caught feelings for another man and run around message boards defending him. beyond suspect.

his performance during these finals speaks volumes but you won't (or can't) face reality. so who shouldn't be taken seriously? right.

again with this? you simps always suggest i have a dislike for tobe. grow up.

tobe never did shit to me. he couldn't. but his fundamentally unsound and overall unintelligent euro style of play is tarnishing a sport i happen to love.

in that case i'm happy to be "on some other shit", because the people you know clearly don't know enough about basketball, if they give tobe "props for his" un-named "talent". just like all those dumb ass "experts" who voted for tobe as MVP and picked the fakers to win the series.

whats worse some one defending a man on a message board for a week or someone shitting on this same man for years:lol: I would say you're the one with the gay sensibilities. what percentage of your posts are dedicated to or have some reference to kobe I wish Hnic could find out that would be funny

The difference between me and you is I give props and speak the real. I already said in another thread his performance was far from great wheres kobes props from you when he plays good games ? you're ghost

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
I didn't expect this:

MVP? More like MIA
Kobe Bryant made just seven of 22 mostly wild shots. He had just one assist. He had four turnovers. The league MVP was unable to carry a team that needed carrying.
June 18, 2008

BOSTON — In the end, the chant became fact, the screaming pleas of throaty New Englanders transposed into a sinking reality for silent Angelenos.

In the end, the crazy dream that the Lakers could quickly turn dysfunction into destiny ended when the Boston Celtics slowly turned them into chowder.

L.A. Beat.

And how.

An NBA Finals that began with the Lakers spraying wild streams of hope across the Southland ended Tuesday with those same Lakers in a small and embarrassed puddle.

Which the Celtics splashed through. Again and again. Loudly and messily and triumphantly in a 39-point victory that gave them their record 17th NBA championship.

The final score in Game 6 was Celtics 131, Lakers 92.

The final count in Finals games was Celtics 4, Lakers 2.

The final scene was green and white confetti blanketing brown parquet, small tears blanketing giant cheeks, fans tumbling over barricades onto the floor as the Lakers tried to escape.

"Man, man, man," said the Celtics' Kevin Garnett, saying it all.

The final cheers were heartfelt songs filled with the relief of fans who have waited 22 years since the Celtics' last title.

But the final chants were more compelling, because they were directed at you-know-who.

In his best chance at establishing his legacy as a championship player without Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant was seemingly burdened by something even heavier.

He made just seven of 22 mostly wild shots. He had just one assist. He had four turnovers.

The league MVP was AWFUL, unable to break through even the most basic of one-on-one Celtic defenses, unable to carry a team that needed carrying.

In the six games of the series, he shot poorly, led inconsistently, had only one really dramatic moment, and that was on defense.

And, so, in voices that seemingly shook the TD Banknorth Garden, with Bryant standing at the foul line in the third quarter, here came those chants.

"You're . . . not . . . Jordan!" the fans sang, referring to Michael Jordan.

No, clearly, at this point he is not.

When Bryant began the fourth quarter on the bench with his team trailing by 29 points, they chanted again.

"Where . . . is . . . Kobe?" they sang even louder.

Today even the most diehard Bryant fans must be asking themselves the same thing, in wondering how far he can lead a team by himself.

"Once you taste defeat, that makes you a little tougher," said Bryant.

Other Lakers were just as deserving of the jeers.

Lamar Odom had two baskets and three turnovers and not one offensive rebound for a team that combined for a stunningly low two.

Pau Gasol had four baskets and five turnovers and the indignity of being forced into a jump ball by a guy -- Garnett -- using just one hand at the time.

"I thought we played on our heels from the very get-go," said Coach Phil Jackson. "They overran us. . . . We never met that energy all night tonight."

Before the game, if the Lakers were to lose, I was considering writing a column extolling this season's amazing turnaround and applauding them for an inspiring effort that ended at the feet of a clearly better team.

Before the game, if the Lakers were to lose, I was reminding everyone how their best inside player was in street clothes, and how Andrew Bynum's return next season should make them NBA favorites.

But after what happened in the game, how could any of us believe any of that?

They need more than Bynum. They need toughness in the middle. They needed maturity everywhere.

"We were surprised we were here, and we're glad that we had an opportunity," Jackson said. "But whenever you get this opportunity, you don't want to let it slip away, and we did."

How bad did it slip?

In the last seven minutes of the second quarter, the Celtics outscored the Lakers, 26-6, with a lineup that included three Celtic subs.

How bad did it look?

Garnett stalked around the court waving and chanting, a pep rally celebration -- with 5:07 left in the game.

The fans began chanting, "Nah-nah-nah-nah . . . goodbye" -- with 4:53 left.

Paul Pierce began doing a disco dance on the Celtic bench -- with 2:21 left.

Speaking of bad, yeah, the guy who began the series being carried off the floor and placed into a wheelchair was the Series MVP, an award that Pierce should place next to his Oscar.

"This is unreal," said Pierce in his acceptance speech.

I agree. I picked the Lakers to win in five games. The Lakers could not have won this series if it had gone 25 games.

I discounted that the Celtics' three veteran stars -- two of them acquired last summer -- would not be denied the championship that had thus far eluded them.

I didn't give them enough credit, and I gave some of the untested Lakers way too much credit.

So, too, apparently, did Jackson, who took the unusual step of threatening roster moves even before the cheering stopped.

"We have to get some players if we're going to come back and repeat, to have that kind of aggressiveness that we need," he said.

So when they return next fall, some of the Lakers might be new.

After this awful farewell, it is hoped that some of them will also be improved.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor

whats worse some one defending a man on a message board for a week or someone shitting on this same man for years

thanks for the confirmation.

speaking the truth is now interpreted by stans as "shitting on". sensitive much?

rationalize your defense of tobe for whatever duration (1 day, 1 week, 1 year), it's obvious you caught feelings. i've made equally critical posts of bill walton and never heard a peep. but mention tobe and the stans cry me a river.

funny how you allege you defend a man for "a week" but simultaneously claim to know i've written critical posts of tobe "for years". what's your other screenname, FTP? :cool:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
from espn.com:

TUESDAY'S WORST
Kobe Bryant, Lakers guard: He hit his first three shots and four of his first five but went 3-for-17 the rest of the game. His 22 attempts were only three fewer than the other four Los Angeles starters (Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Derek Fisher and Vladimir Radmanovic) took combined.

blooo

Star
Registered
I didn't expect this:

MVP? More like MIA
Kobe Bryant made just seven of 22 mostly wild shots. He had just one assist. He had four turnovers. The league MVP was unable to carry a team that needed carrying.
June 18, 2008

BOSTON — In the end, the chant became fact, the screaming pleas of throaty New Englanders transposed into a sinking reality for silent Angelenos.

In the end, the crazy dream that the Lakers could quickly turn dysfunction into destiny ended when the Boston Celtics slowly turned them into chowder.

L.A. Beat.

And how.

An NBA Finals that began with the Lakers spraying wild streams of hope across the Southland ended Tuesday with those same Lakers in a small and embarrassed puddle.

Which the Celtics splashed through. Again and again. Loudly and messily and triumphantly in a 39-point victory that gave them their record 17th NBA championship.

The final score in Game 6 was Celtics 131, Lakers 92.

The final count in Finals games was Celtics 4, Lakers 2.

The final scene was green and white confetti blanketing brown parquet, small tears blanketing giant cheeks, fans tumbling over barricades onto the floor as the Lakers tried to escape.

"Man, man, man," said the Celtics' Kevin Garnett, saying it all.

The final cheers were heartfelt songs filled with the relief of fans who have waited 22 years since the Celtics' last title.

But the final chants were more compelling, because they were directed at you-know-who.

In his best chance at establishing his legacy as a championship player without Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant was seemingly burdened by something even heavier.

He made just seven of 22 mostly wild shots. He had just one assist. He had four turnovers.

The league MVP was AWFUL, unable to break through even the most basic of one-on-one Celtic defenses, unable to carry a team that needed carrying.

In the six games of the series, he shot poorly, led inconsistently, had only one really dramatic moment, and that was on defense.

And, so, in voices that seemingly shook the TD Banknorth Garden, with Bryant standing at the foul line in the third quarter, here came those chants.

"You're . . . not . . . Jordan!" the fans sang, referring to Michael Jordan.

No, clearly, at this point he is not.

When Bryant began the fourth quarter on the bench with his team trailing by 29 points, they chanted again.

"Where . . . is . . . Kobe?" they sang even louder.

Today even the most diehard Bryant fans must be asking themselves the same thing, in wondering how far he can lead a team by himself.

"Once you taste defeat, that makes you a little tougher," said Bryant.

Other Lakers were just as deserving of the jeers.

Lamar Odom had two baskets and three turnovers and not one offensive rebound for a team that combined for a stunningly low two.

Pau Gasol had four baskets and five turnovers and the indignity of being forced into a jump ball by a guy -- Garnett -- using just one hand at the time.

"I thought we played on our heels from the very get-go," said Coach Phil Jackson. "They overran us. . . . We never met that energy all night tonight."

Before the game, if the Lakers were to lose, I was considering writing a column extolling this season's amazing turnaround and applauding them for an inspiring effort that ended at the feet of a clearly better team.

Before the game, if the Lakers were to lose, I was reminding everyone how their best inside player was in street clothes, and how Andrew Bynum's return next season should make them NBA favorites.

But after what happened in the game, how could any of us believe any of that?

They need more than Bynum. They need toughness in the middle. They needed maturity everywhere.

"We were surprised we were here, and we're glad that we had an opportunity," Jackson said. "But whenever you get this opportunity, you don't want to let it slip away, and we did."

How bad did it slip?

In the last seven minutes of the second quarter, the Celtics outscored the Lakers, 26-6, with a lineup that included three Celtic subs.

How bad did it look?

Garnett stalked around the court waving and chanting, a pep rally celebration -- with 5:07 left in the game.

The fans began chanting, "Nah-nah-nah-nah . . . goodbye" -- with 4:53 left.

Paul Pierce began doing a disco dance on the Celtic bench -- with 2:21 left.

Speaking of bad, yeah, the guy who began the series being carried off the floor and placed into a wheelchair was the Series MVP, an award that Pierce should place next to his Oscar.

"This is unreal," said Pierce in his acceptance speech.

I agree. I picked the Lakers to win in five games. The Lakers could not have won this series if it had gone 25 games.

I discounted that the Celtics' three veteran stars -- two of them acquired last summer -- would not be denied the championship that had thus far eluded them.

I didn't give them enough credit, and I gave some of the untested Lakers way too much credit.

So, too, apparently, did Jackson, who took the unusual step of threatening roster moves even before the cheering stopped.

"We have to get some players if we're going to come back and repeat, to have that kind of aggressiveness that we need," he said.

So when they return next fall, some of the Lakers might be new.

After this awful farewell, it is hoped that some of them will also be improved.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:. that is cold.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
from
espn.com
:

TUESDAY'S WORST
Kobe Bryant, Lakers guard: He hit his first three shots and four of his first five but went 3-for-17 the rest of the game. His 22 attempts were only three fewer than the other four Los Angeles starters (Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol, Derek Fisher and Vladimir Radmanovic) took combined.

that's some cold, killer instinct type shit. you can't teach kids those kinds of skills. that's some shit you had to be born with.

this is how i know tobe is like a shark when there's blood in the water.

his new nickname is coffee black mamba.

blooo

Star
Registered
that's some cold, killer instinct type shit. you can't teach kids those kinds of skills. that's some shit you had to be born with.

this is how i know tobe is like a shark when there's blood in the water.

his new nickname is coffee black mamba.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

tp2001

Star
Registered
Kobe's play less than legendary in Finals

by Jeff Goodman

BOSTON - Michael Jordan never would have let this happen.

For that matter, neither would have Magic or Larry.

Kobe Bryant went into the NBA Finals with a chance to build on a legacy. He had started to make people forget about Kobe the Malcontent. This became an opportunity to further establish himself as one of the elite players to have ever played this game.

He was coming off league MVP honors and regarded by nearly all in NBA circles as paramount among the sport's stars. Better than LeBron James, Kevin Garnett or anyone else who can make a case as the best player on the planet nowadays.

But Bryant pulled a disappearing act when his young group of teammates needed him desperately.

In a pivotal game, the most crucial he's played in more than four years, Bryant was a complete non-factor and didn't manage a field goal for a stretch that lasted for what seemed like an eternity — for more than 22 minutes.

There were those that had begun to mention Kobe in the same breath as Michael after a spectacular regular season in which he led the Lakers to the top record in the West. Bryant already has three rings to his credit, but none of them came sans Shaq.

In his defense, Bryant doesn't have a sidekick like Scottie Pippen. He's got Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom, who aren't just physically soft — they're emotionally weak as well.

He's got a bench full of stiffs.

"I don't know," was all Bryant could say when asked about his team's prospects for the future.

What is clear is that M.J. never would have let anyone stomp all over him as Kobe allowed the Boston Celtics to do in the 131-92 rout in Game 6 on Tuesday night.

Kobe just watched as the Celtics pulled away to the most lopsided clinching game in NBA Finals history. He had no answer.

Do you really think that Paul Pierce would have been dancing on a chair with more than two minutes remaining in a game in which Jordan was on the opposing bench?

Bryant's talent is unquestionable. It may be on par with Jordan and superior to many of the other players who reside in the Hall of Fame, but he hasn't yet proven that he possesses all of the intangibles of guys like Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.

Jordan, at 45 years of age, would have at least attempted to impose his will on the game.

Kobe had his moments in the series, but they were seemingly few and far between. There was never that eruption that everyone was waiting on.

It never came.

"We had a great game plan," said Celtics forward James Posey, who along with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen made Bryant look mortal through nearly the entire series. "We all took it upon ourselves as a challenge to stop him."

Bryant was unable to dominate by getting to the basket with his quickness and finishing with his strength. Instead, more often than not, he was forced to settle for jump shots.

But it appeared as though Tuesday night would finally be the breakout game for Bryant. He had 11 points a little more than midway through the first quarter on a flurry of long bombs from the perimeter.

However, he then became Bryant the Facilitator — only he forgot a little something called making his teammates better.

Bryant finished the first half without a single assist and the only points he scored after the first 5:30 came at the free-throw line — on a trio of Celtics technical fouls.

He finished the game with 22 points — just one more than Celtics rookie point guard Rajon Rondo — and a single assist.

Watching these Finals, Kobe sure didn't seem like the best player on the planet. Pierce looked far more the part.

Bryant only shot more than 50 percent from the field in one game in the series when he went 12-of-20 in Game 3 out in Los Angeles. He averaged 25.7 points, but that was misleading as he only shot 40.5 percent from the field and 32 percent from beyond the three-point arc.

"That was definitely the best defense I've faced in the playoffs," Bryant said.

You can make all the excuses you want for Bryant, but Jordan won multiple NBA titles with guys like Bill Cartwright, Steve Kerr, Toni Kukoc and Luc Longley.

Sure, the Lakers will be improved next year with the return of developing big man Andrew Bynum, but the bottom line is that as long as Bryant shows non-existent leadership abilities, Los Angeles won't be hanging another banner anytime soon.

"I'm upset more than anything," Bryant said. "Frustrated. But I'm proud. I'm proud of my guys. I'm proud of the effort that we gave. At the same time, understand that second place just means you're the first loser."

Bryant certainly lost more than anyone else in this series.

Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen walked away with their first championship.

Bryant walked away without even putting up a fight.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Lamar Odom likely candidate to be traded
Return of Bynum could mean that Lakers want to move Odom and his $14 million salary.
June 19, 2008

Now for the cruelest season in Lakerdom . . . the off-season. Just kidding, I think.

The Lakers have had some horrific ones -- such as 2004 when they thought they might lose Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant, or their Kobe Summer of 2007 -- but this isn't one of those.

Predictably, the sky fell on them right after the Celtics did as the Lakers were surprised, overwhelmed, bullied, mocked and humiliated -- and that was just in Game 6.

The story line went as it always does: No matter how great the losing team's star is -- in this case he's the NBA's best player and its newly crowned MVP -- he's dirt.

The Lakers lost by 39 points so if Bryant had just scored 62 instead of 22, they would have won!

He once scored 81, didn't he?

Someone even asked him about it in the postgame interview as if Bryant were a super hero who chose to remain in human form and sit this one out.

Q: "We've seen you do the impossible, 30 points in a quarter, 81 in the game. . . . When did you sort of concede that tonight you guys weren't going to be able to come out of the hole?"

Bryant: "Not sure. I don't know."

Unfortunately for lovers of comics, unlike Toronto Coach Sam Mitchell, who was nice enough to single-cover Bryant in his 81-point game, the Celtics tracked him with their entire defense the entire series.

If Bryant isn't Michael Jordan, he is the best there ever was at creating a shot, but of his 11 attempts in Tuesday night's first half, two were inside 20 feet.

By halftime, of course, the Lakers were no longer trying to make history, they were history.

While they have issues, Bryant isn't one -- assuming he's OK with them, as you would assume he is . . . if you didn't know never to assume anything where he's concerned.

For the Lakers, it would have been lame to say, "Wait till we get Andrew Bynum back" during this series, although he never seemed far from their thoughts.

After Game 6, Coach Phil Jackson went as far as to say the Lakers were "surprised" to get as far as they did.

If they were, that was a while back.

They started the Finals 12-3 in the postseason and 34-8 overall with Pau Gasol in the lineup. In the absence of any great teams, they were not only good enough to win a title, they thought they would -- including Jackson, as did almost everyone.

However, there was one problem that was soft-pedaled as long as they were winning: They were billowy soft inside where the willowy Gasol was shoved aside all series while Kevin Garnett roamed off the "confused" Lamar Odom as the Celtics sealed off the middle and massed their troops on Bryant.

Of course, the Lakers really are getting the 7-0, 275-pound Bynum back next season so this isn't as big a problem for them as it would be for anyone else.

Lost amid the excitement when they got Gasol but crystal clear now, if Gasol was the icing on the cake, Bynum was the cake.

Let's put it this way: With Bynum, it won't be any big deal to the Lakers whether Kendrick Perkins plays.

The issue now is making the pieces fit with one problem position, small forward . . . where Odom would have to go with Bynum at center and Gasol at power forward.

Jackson wants a shooter there badly enough to start his favorite Martian, Vladimir Radmanovic.

The weakest part of Odom's game is shooting, a problem that came home to roost with Garnett backing off him.

Then there's Odom's $14-million salary, as the Lakers assume as much as $90 million in additional salary and luxury tax over the next three seasons with Gasol.

However, from the day they made the trade, the Lakers never thought they would end up paying that much, suggesting they were already thinking of moving Odom.

Indeed, Odom was in their package for Gasol until Memphis owner Michael Heisley took him out, asking for lesser players who afforded more cap relief. Odom then surprised everyone, meshing smoothly with Gasol to give the Lakers twin towers who were wizards with the ball and, according to San Antonio Coach Gregg Popovich, the NBA's best passing team.

If the Lakers had gone on to win a title, with all the good feeling that went with it, they might have given Odom the extension that he's now seeking.

Since they didn't win a title, with the Finals highlighting Odom's limitations in what could be seen as a preview of next season, they'll surely shop him this off-season.

In the meantime, everyone will watch Bryant for cues.

His postgame news conference wasn't exactly a laugh-fest with Bryant so subdued; it was like an old Gary Cooper Western in which the hero answers yep, nope or maybe.

Nevertheless, Bryant finally allowed that he didn't think the Lakers need a shake-up ("We're fine"), talking about them as if he's one of them.

"[I'm] just upset more than anything, frustrated but I'm proud," he said. "I'm proud of the way that we performed all year. I'm proud of my guys. I'm proud of the effort that we gave. We did a good job. We did a very good job and we should be proud of ourselves for that.

"At the same time, understand that second place just means you're the first loser. . . .

"We should hold our heads up high. We did pretty well."

They did pretty well up to Tuesday night, anyway, but there will be other nights (they hope).

brickwall92

Rising Star
Registered

thanks for the confirmation.

speaking the truth is now interpreted by stans as "shitting on". sensitive much?

rationalize your defense of tobe for whatever duration (1 day, 1 week, 1 year), it's obvious you caught feelings. i've made equally critical posts of bill walton and never heard a peep. but mention tobe and the stans cry me a river.

funny how you allege you defend a man for "a week" but simultaneously claim to know i've written critical posts of tobe "for years". what's your other screenname, FTP? :cool:

I seen post from 06 that was shitting on kobe

tp2001

Star
Registered
Odom then surprised everyone, meshing smoothly with Gasol to give the Lakers twin towers who were wizards with the ball and, according to San Antonio Coach Gregg Popovich, the NBA's best passing team.

:wepraise::wepraise::wepraise:

Fuck it man, this should be reposted as a topic, and turned into a sticky

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
5 steals in an NBA finals game is wild. michael jordan once had 10 in a game (where he only played 27 minutes).

the most the Most Visible Phony has ever posted in any game is 7.

Last edited:

SpiritualPorn

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Has he yet?
Being a Champion is about mental toughness as well as physical ability. Kobe has shown over and over his bitch-assedness. Demanding trades, aloofness with team members. Why did it take him so long to learn to be a true teammate, as he was born to be an NBA player?

It's the mental aspect he's been lacking. Put a picture of that Colorado chicks head on some sticks (like PTI does in "role Play") and wave them around while in Boston. Something like that would result in a sweep!!
Katelyn-Faber.jpg

We'll see if he's up to the task. Like I said, you can't fight destiny!!

You are right

I have always said that Kobe is not a leader.

However I could not discount the refs at home if the series was 1 to 1 going to LA.

The result was as expected.

Kobe has always been a fraud.

Now the world got to see it!!!

:lol::lol: