Kaepernick working out live on youtube

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
So many coons in here. I would pay to kill a coon with my bare hands.
You telling me all your life you ain’t found a coon yet in your vicinity to kill? Or wait— you just pop shit online where everybody believes you’re actually militant.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude from PFT is a lawyer and said it wasn’t a Standard contract because it wasn’t. Turd is the ultimate contrarian
Multiple people have reviewed the waiver as basic. You are free to believe what you want as that is your right.

But you do have to ask yourself some questions

Why was Kaepernick wearing a kunte Kinte shirt? Does he understand the meaning of that?

Why is he adamantly trying to gain employment to a corporation that he feels is discriminatory and racist? He is a wealthy millionaire so he does not need the NFL.

If he wanted to play football their are several other options available

other players kneeled and were more vocal than Kaepernick ever was and basically said fuck white people on T.v but has no issues getting on a roster.

How much is this Kaepernick?

Last edited:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
r . i. f. :

...The phrase “directly or indirectly” should raise a bright red flag, because the term “indirectly” easily could be used to bootstrap a waiver intended to protect the NFL and all related parties against a personal injury lawsuit into a silver bullet that would defeat from the get go any claims for collusion or retaliation related to Kaepernick’s ongoing unemployment from the moment his February settlement agreement was signed through and beyond the November 16 workout.

If I were representing Kaepernick, and if the goal were to have a genuine workout aimed at enhancing his chances of being signed by an NFL team, I would have asked immediately for the document to be revised to specifically clarify that any and all potential employment rights would be preserved. If the league had refused, I wouldn’t have signed it, because the language leaves the door sufficiently ajar for a subsequent defense to a collusion/retaliation case that signing the waiver extinguished the claims. Failure to obtain that clarification could be characterized as professional malpractice, especially in light of this portion of paragraph No. 13: “This Release is governed by the laws of New York, without regard to conflict-of-law principles, and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York.” (Emphasis added.)...
Bruh it has been talked about and broke down on the radio all day. It will be more tomorrow. It will be established that it was a basic waiver

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
so no one bothered to read anything about Kap while his case was in arbitration :smh:

the cba covers all eligible players including unsigned free agents
Under the cba the NFL couldn't legally host a workout for anyone not covered by the cba

LOL Bullshit

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Multiple people have reviewed the waiver as basic. You are free to believe what you want as that is your right.

But you do have to ask yourself some questions

Why was Kaepernick wearing a kunte Kinte shirt? Does he understand the meaning of that?

Why is he adamantly trying to gain unemployment to a corporation that he feels is discriminatory and racist? He is a wealthy millionaire so he does not need the NFL.

If he wanted to play football their are several other options available

other players kneeled and were more vocal than Kaepernick ever was and basically said fuck white people on T.v but has no issues getting on a roster.

How much is this Kaepernick?
You said a mouthful.
That kunta kinte shirt is the example of how he’s more concerned with impressing his clueless fans than getting shit done. Who actually thinks he has more leverage than the nfl on this? Yet, here he is, acting like he’s got a leg to stand on, and they’re buying it lmao

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
So many coons in here. I would pay to kill a coon with my bare hands.

They will fight for their boy to the end.

EJmeYIKVUAEmeF1.jpg

In contrast..........
EIfhZYlUYAE117V.jpg

EIfh0m4WwAAvBf1.jpg

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
You have to think about perception though. Think about this man. If you're kaep, you don't have some chump working for you. You have fucking pros, right? So Tuesday they should have been asking for paperwork by Wednesday. NFL can easily produce that. If they don't, you jump in front of this via social media.

It's that fucking simple. IF the NFL is fucking up on the paperwork, shout that shit out on social media. That shit will be trending and on ESPN within the hour. It's now on the NFL.

You don't wait until fucking Saturday. I'm not blaming Kaep. It's the professionals around him should have had this ironed out. It's the professionals around him should have highlighted the unprofessional behavior of the NFL before people went to bed Friday night. By doing so, you don't have team representatives looking like fools at the other place. :smh:

And you know who looks bad? Not the NFL. Not the professional around Kaep who fucked this up. Kaep. He has to carry this. I see this far too often. These people getting paid big bucks and fucking up the simplest of shit for clients. :smh:

Kap did sign your standard liability papers but the NFL declined it and tried to move the goalpost by wanted Kap to sign papers saying he cant sue them ever again...wtf

Also,me and you know that if he went to social media everyone would be saying Kap wasn't serious about the opportunity giving to him.

You cant blame Kap for the NFL's inability to be organized. Like,I said earlier, the NFL should have negotiated terms with Kap's team for a date,paperwork and etc before even announcing anything but they didn't do that. All,this was to make Kap look even more bad.

How are you going to tell someone about a workout but you're not organized..And,then decline papers saying,if Kap gets hurt they're not responsible,which is your standard contract but want him to sign something that has nothing to do with the workout makes no sense at all.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Kap did sign your standard liability papers but the NFL declined it and tried to move the goalpost by wanted Kap to sign papers saying he cant sue them ever again...wtf

Also,me and you know that if he went to social media everyone would be saying Kap wasn't serious about the opportunity giving to him.

You cant blame Kap for the NFL's inability to be organized. Like,I said earlier, the NFL should have negotiated terms with Kap's team for a date,paperwork and etc before even announcing anything but they didn't do that. All,this was to make Kap look even more bad.

How are you going to tell someone about a workout but you're not organized..And,then decline papers saying,if Kap gets hurt they're not responsible,which is your standard contract but want him to sign something that has nothing to do with the workout makes no sense at all.
I'm not disputing the NFL moved the goal posts. The thing is Kaep's team should have been out in front of this.

Do you honestly think exposing it step-by-step would have been worse than changing 30 minutes prior? Hell no. Imagine if you were a team rep waiting at the stadium. You'd be like :angry: "Foh!" Contrast that with finding out Friday or Thursday that the venue might be changed.

Naw man, Kaep knows the NFL a burning hoe, but he went in raw anyway. I've defended Kaep every step of the way the last three years, but this was just a PR blunder. His team either had the fucking paperwork or didn't. Either fucking way, the issue should have been raised the day before.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Now it looks like Kaepernick played his hand wrongly.

Seems like there were some backhand deals going on in the background where people were going to get Kaep a job and on a roster
I haven't been able to keep up. All I know is I'd fire every fucking body if they gave me such poor fucking advice and didn't have the paperwork in order. :smh:

I can imagine Kaep thinking his people and the NFL had everything in order. Then he finds out Saturday it's a clownshow.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I'm not disputing the NFL moved the goal posts. The thing is Kaep's team should have been out in front of this.

Do you honestly think exposing it step-by-step would have been worse than changing 30 minutes prior? Hell no. Imagine if you were a team rep waiting at the stadium. You'd be like :angry: "Foh!" Contrast that with finding out Friday or Thursday that the venue might be changed.

Naw man, Kaep knows the NFL a burning hoe, but he went in raw anyway. I've defended Kaep every step of the way the last three years, but this was just a PR blunder. His team either had the fucking paperwork or didn't. Either fucking way, the issue should have been raised the day before.

How could they get in front of it when they didn't know a workout existed and when they did know about it the league kept declining every single thing they asked for..

Kap couldn't get an extra week,bring his own receivers, an independent video crew and etc.

Hell,he couldn't turn down this invite because folks would be saying he's ungrateful.

Again,Kap had the standard paperwork signed. The issue is that NFL wanted him to sign paperwork that's not standard for unrestricted free agents.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Stop rolling your eyes you fuckin fairy and post your shit too if you so fucking hard. I'll wait. Two hoe ass coon muthafuckas that ain't worth shit.

600 E 125th St
New York, NY 10035

Someone (not me) will be waiting for you. I'll meet you there.

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Inside the waiver proposed by the NFL to Colin Kaepernick

Sunday’s homework assignment is coming along nicely, so far.

PFT has obtained the waiver proposed by the NFL to Colin Kaepernick in advance of Saturday’s workout. The three-page, 13-paragraph documents contains several specific provisions that could be relevant to the question of whether the NFL was trying to parlay the waiver into a release of any claims for collusion/retaliation that Kaepernick could make as a result of his ongoing unemployment by the league since settling his first collusion case in February.

Here’s the language of paragraph No. 2 from the waiver: “Player acknowledges that he has been made no promise of employment, and understands that his participation in the Workout does not constitute employment by any of the Released Parties (as defined herein), but desires to participate in the Workout voluntarily in order to be considered for possible future employment. Player further acknowledges that his participation in the Workout does not guarantee that Player will be offered employment by any of the Released Parties at any time.”

Paragraph No. 2 contains no language that would operate as a waiver of existing claims for collusion or retaliation. But its presence, despite being intended (we’re told) to preempt potential workers’ compensation claims, pulls the employment issue into the waiver, which becomes relevant to the portion of the waiver that specifically, and broadly, releases Kaepernick’s potential legal claims.

That language resides in paragraph No. 7: “In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Workout, Player, for himself, his personal representatives, executors, administrators, heirs, successors and assigns, hereby releases, discharges, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless National Invitational Camp, Inc., National Football Scouting, Inc., the owner(s), operator(s) and manager(s) of the Facility, any and all individuals participating in or present at the Workout, including, without limitation, Joe Philbin, the National Football League (‘NFL’) and each of its 32 NFL Member Clubs, and each of the foregoing parties’ respective direct and indirect affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, attorneys, insurers, successors and assigns (collectively, the ‘Released Parties’), from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, grievances, costs, losses, expenses, damages, injuries, illnesses, and losses (including death) caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout, Player’s presence at the Facility, and any medical treatment or services rendered in connection with or necessitated by Player’s participation in the Workout.”

Most of that word paella has become standard practice when attempting to ensure that a waiver sweeps as broadly as intended, covering all parties who could be sued and all parties who could be doing the suing. Here’s the specific language that would get my attention, if I were the lawyer whose client was being asked to sign it: “any and all claims . . . caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout, Player’s presence at the Facility, and any medical treatment or services rendered in connection with or necessitated by Player’s participation in the Workout.”

The phrase “directly or indirectly” should raise a bright red flag, because the term “indirectly” easily could be used to bootstrap a waiver intended to protect the NFL and all related parties against a personal injury lawsuit into a silver bullet that would defeat from the get go any claims for collusion or retaliation related to Kaepernick’s ongoing unemployment from the moment his February settlement agreement was signed through and beyond the November 16 workout.

If I were representing Kaepernick, and if the goal were to have a genuine workout aimed at enhancing his chances of being signed by an NFL team, I would have asked immediately for the document to be revised to specifically clarify that any and all potential employment rights would be preserved. If the league had refused, I wouldn’t have signed it, because the language leaves the door sufficiently ajar for a subsequent defense to a collusion/retaliation case that signing the waiver extinguished the claims. Failure to obtain that clarification could be characterized as professional malpractice, especially in light of this portion of paragraph No. 13: “This Release is governed by the laws of New York, without regard to conflict-of-law principles, and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York.” (Emphasis added.)

In their statement from Saturday afternoon, Kaepernick’s representatives said that “the NFL has demanded that as a precondition to the workout, Mr. Kaepernick sign an unusual liability waiver that addresses employment-related issues and rejected the standard liability waiver from physical injury proposed by Mr. Kaepernick’s representatives.” Based on the language of the waiver, that’s an overstatement of its specific contents.

That said, there’s enough language in the waiver to give a prudent, careful lawyer legitimate concern that an aggressive litigator would later argue that signing the document defeats all potential employment claims that Kaepernick could have made. Haggling over specific terms and words and phrases in waivers happens all the time; the reasonable reaction to the league’s waiver should have been for the two sides to engage in a prompt and thorough negotiation about the scope and content of the waiver, in order to ensure that he would be waiving only claims for personal injuries arising from the workout, and nothing more. With one extra sentence or paragraph, it could have been made perfectly clear that nothing in the waiver would undermine Kaepernick’s ability to claim that his employment rights have continued to be violated in the aftermath of the settlement agreement signed earlier this year.

A prompt and thorough negotation aimed at clarifying questionable language in the league’s waiver apparently never happened. Which brings back into focus what seems to be the sole overriding truth as it relates to the Kaepernick workout: Neither side viewed this as a legitimate effort to get him back in the NFL, but instead as a vehicle for advancing their own P.R. and/or legal agendas.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

why is your gut reaction to fault Kap?
dude you haven't put effort into becoming informed on the events that occurred
every fact you noted in your posts have been debunked multiple times in this thread and in the media by NFL beat reporters - including a timeline of events leading up to the work out....

1- example: the NFL notified Kap at 2:30p on Saturday that it wasn't changing verbage of the waiver, and denied his requests for raw footage of work out in lieu of media presence- despite his request for these things since Thursday

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

So they received that Saturday mid-morning? If they received that release Friday, Thursday, or Wednesday, there are really no excuses to not giving a warning to team representatives.

Remember, my thing isn't the NFL, it's the people who were left looking stupid at the stadium. If everyone who needed to know was properly alerted, no problem.

I haven't been reading anything on this. Both sides have their narratives. Dust will settle this week and we should know who had what and when.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
dude you haven't put effort into becoming informed on the events that occurred
every fact you noted in your posts have been debunked multiple times in this thread and in the media by NFL beat reporters - including a timeline of events leading up to the work out....

1- example: the NFL notified Kap at 2:30p on Saturday that it wasn't changing verbage of the waiver, and denied his requests for raw footage of work out in lieu of media presence- despite his request for these things since Thursday

I admitted to not keeping up.

But I wasn't aware of him making demands about a waiver on Thursday or shit about the media. Did he make those demands public? Are there any posts from Thursday or Friday references said demands? If there are, I stand corrected. If not, fuck it.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I admitted to not keeping up.

But I wasn't aware of him making demands about a waiver on Thursday or shit about the media. Did he make those demands public? Are there any posts from Thursday or Friday references said demands? If there are, I stand corrected. If not, fuck it.
nah they didn't go public until the last minute -
what they did was build out a contingency plan so as not to be trapped by the NFL

my guess is they wanted to avoid appearing to be difficult - but that went out the window on Saturday afternoon

if nothing changes going forward and if Kap isn't hired for the 2020 season the NFL is going to be back in arbitration - and they guaranteed a bad outcome for themselves because of how they played this weekend

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
nah they didn't go public until the last minute -
what they did was build out a contingency plan so as not to be trapped by the NFL

my guess is they wanted to avoid appearing to be difficult - but that went out the window on Saturday afternoon

if nothing changes going forward and if Kap isn't hired for the 2020 season the NFL is going to be back in arbitration - and they guaranteed a bad outcome for themselves because of how they played this weekend
Ok, well that's all my argument was in the first place. That they should have publicly put the NFL out there. That switch up at the last minute just looks bad even if the NFL came with their answer last minute.

Should have gave the NFL a Friday 3pm deadline for the paperwork and then you have 24 hours for the move.

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
After this weeks games the Steelers,the Bears,should sign him tonite and get him ready to start next week. The Pats,the Cowboys and the Packers should sign him as insurance behind their starters. Its complete bullshit if hes not signed by one of those teams cause they all have a need especially the Steelers and Bears. Chicago signs him they would make a run to playoffs as well as Steelers.