Kaepernick working out live on youtube

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And in the interim, you don't sign that legally binding document. That's all that happened yesterday. He showed up in good faith and they tried to legally bind him on some bullshit. So let's blame the people who tried to pull the fast one not the people who showed up in good faith.
That document ended up being a standard document so Kap going to have to eat that

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why because YOU say so. Kaep don't have to eat shit. You believe it was the standard document because the NFL said so. Clown! Yeah, you a piece of fucking shit for real.
They were discussing it on the radio and it turns out that the waiver was harmless

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You have to think about perception though. Think about this man. If you're kaep, you don't have some chump working for you. You have fucking pros, right? So Tuesday they should have been asking for paperwork by Wednesday. NFL can easily produce that. If they don't, you jump in front of this via social media.

It's that fucking simple. IF the NFL is fucking up on the paperwork, shout that shit out on social media. That shit will be trending and on ESPN within the hour. It's now on the NFL.

You don't wait until fucking Saturday. I'm not blaming Kaep. It's the professionals around him should have had this ironed out. It's the professionals around him should have highlighted the unprofessional behavior of the NFL before people went to bed Friday night. By doing so, you don't have team representatives looking like fools at the other place. :smh:

And you know who looks bad? Not the NFL. Not the professional around Kaep who fucked this up. Kaep. He has to carry this. I see this far too often. These people getting paid big bucks and fucking up the simplest of shit for clients. :smh:
Now it looks like Kaepernick played his hand wrongly.

Seems like there were some backhand deals going on in the background where people were going to get Kaep a job and on a roster

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
All you did with this post is let me know you've never made, been involved with, closed, opened, pursued, or even had a business deal on the table of any significance. I say this with full confidence solely based on your reaction to the common, standard term of "Good faith"

You don't know me, just like you don't know Kaep and his team's intentions leading up to yesterday.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
I pray you never find yourself in any form of legal action -

you are very glib about others not fighting for their legal rights - makes me think you would happily bite the pillow for any white man with a decent lawyer on retainer

What legal rights is he fighting for? :confused:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because they said it on the radio? Lol

Jesus dude.

Just wow
Yes they had the waiver and was going through it line for line. It was essentially saying the workout was not guaranteeing employment. I also thought the waiver was something more serious. But it was a standard waiver. The more information that is coming out, it seems as if Kaepernick played his hand wrong

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Yes they had the waiver and was going through it line for line. It was essentially saying the workout was not guaranteeing employment. I also thought the waiver was something more serious. But it was a standard waiver. The more information that is coming out, it seems as if Kaepernick played his hand wrong

Sure lol

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor

If ya.watch the whole t hing,he hit maybe 2 of these out of 6. Bunch of overthrows, underthrows, out of bounds. I mean, I guess thats regualr, but he better be glad he had his own cameras there to highlight THAT one. The short throws were fine, as far as I can tell. So weird to watch a guy with a bunch of stans applauding everything he did. Of course this is just a tryout with scripted throws, but imagine pads, defense, and some adversity on the field and off. Seeing as how he constantky avoids challenges , he's living in a bubble. He wouldn't even take questions in an environment HE controlled. Lol dude is a joke.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Lol his stans don't like to hear that shit. He's essentially demanding that someone hire him on his terms. If ya wanna be a boss, go be a boss somewhere. He don’t run shit in the nfl. It’s funny watching all this false power and peacocking from him and his stans who end up crying , but still watching the games, and had already moved on in acceptance before this week. If anything , the NFL was stupid for listening to Jay Z , or whoever played a part on any of this shit hitting the news cycle again. No one cares if dude plays again. The NFL will be popping until the day it ain’t no more.it won’t have shit to do with him, and it’ll be waaaaay after he’s long gone.

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
Lol his stans don't like to hear that shit. He's essentially demanding that someone hire him on his terms. If ya wanna be a boss, go be a boss somewhere. He don’t run shit in the nfl. It’s funny watching all this false power and peacocking from him and his stans who end up crying , but still watching the games, and had already moved on in acceptance before this week. If anything , the NFL was stupid for listening to Jay Z , or whoever played a part on any of this shit hitting the news cycle again. No one cares if dude plays again. The NFL will be popping until the day it ain’t no more.it won’t have shit to do with him, and it’ll be waaaaay after he’s long gone.

You love to hate black folks that have the betterment of other blackfolks in mind. You hate that shit with a passion. You and your fuckboy crew go deep in this bitch. Continue hating bastard. Fuckin Queen!

When your daddy Trump loses in 2020 I hope you disappear with his fat ass.

hqdefault.jpg

jasonblacc

Rising Star
Registered

You believe every thing you hear on the radio. Well, I actually heard on the radio that Trump was going to take black unemployment percentage to zero. Whoopty fuckin doo.

Dude from PFT is a lawyer and said it wasn’t a Standard contract because it wasn’t. Turd is the ultimate contrarian

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
They were talking about it on the radio. I can understand him not trusting the NFL from his point of view and what he was been through.

But the the waiver was very standard
I can also understand him not trusting the NFL from his perspective at this point. What I can’t understand is wanting to be hired. Y someone you don’t trust. That is the EPITOME of slave behavior. But he walks in with Kunta Kinte on his shirt. Bitch, you’re BEGGING to be Toby.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here’s a breakdown of it , and some of the wording. I don’t think it’s much a slam dunk either way

Like the lawyers on the radio were saying. Basically the NFL was saying Kaepernick can’t use the outcome of the NFL workout in court. Which from a corporate point of view was fair if you know someone is actively trying to sue you

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Kaepernick would make this entire situation easy on himself if he would just speak out.

stop having others speak for him. If Kaepernick simply spoke and kept his message consistent then people would start to understand him,

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
They were talking about it on the radio. I can understand him not trusting the NFL from his point of view and what he was been through.

But the the waiver was very standard
That language resides in paragraph No. 7: “In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Workout, Player, for himself, his personal representatives, executors, administrators, heirs, successors and assigns, hereby releases, discharges, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless National Invitational Camp, Inc., National Football Scouting, Inc., the owner(s), operator(s) and manager(s) of the Facility, any and all individuals participating in or present at the Workout, including, without limitation, Joe Philbin, the National Football League (‘NFL’) and each of its 32 NFL Member Clubs, and each of the foregoing parties’ respective direct and indirect affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, attorneys, insurers, successors and assigns (collectively, the ‘Released Parties’), from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, grievances, costs, losses, expenses, damages, injuries, illnesses, and losses (including death) caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout, Player’s presence at the Facility, and any medical treatment or services rendered in connection with or necessitated by Player’s participation in the Workout.”

Most of that word paella has become standard practice when attempting to ensure that a waiver sweeps as broadly as intended, covering all parties who could be sued and all parties who could be doing the suing. Here’s the specific language that would get my attention, if I were the lawyer whose client was being asked to sign it: “any and all claims . . . caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout, Player’s presence at the Facility, and any medical treatment or services rendered in connection with or necessitated by Player’s participation in the Workout.”

The phrase “directly or indirectly” should raise a bright red flag, because the term “indirectly” easily could be used to bootstrap a waiver intended to protect the NFL and all related parties against a personal injury lawsuit into a silver bullet that would defeat from the get go any claims for collusion or retaliation related to Kaepernick’s ongoing unemployment from the moment his February settlement agreement was signed through and beyond the November 16 workout.

If I were representing Kaepernick, and if the goal were to have a genuine workout aimed at enhancing his chances of being signed by an NFL team, I would have asked immediately for the document to be revised to specifically clarify that any and all potential employment rights would be preserved. If the league had refused, I wouldn’t have signed it, because the language leaves the door sufficiently ajar for a subsequent defense to a collusion/retaliation case that signing the waiver extinguished the claims. Failure to obtain that clarification could be characterized as professional malpractice, especially in light of this portion of paragraph No. 13: “This Release is governed by the laws of New York, without regard to conflict-of-law principles, and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York.” (Emphasis added.)

That said, there’s enough language in the waiver to give a prudent, careful lawyer legitimate concern that an aggressive litigator would later argue that signing the document defeats all potential employment claims that Kaepernick could have made. Haggling over specific terms and words and phrases in waivers happens all the time; the reasonable reaction to the league’s waiver should have been for the two sides to engage in a prompt and thorough negotiation about the scope and content of the waiver, in order to ensure that he would be waiving only claims for personal injuries arising from the workout, and nothing more. With one extra sentence or paragraph, it could have been made perfectly clear that nothing in the waiver would undermine Kaepernick’s ability to claim that his employment rights have continued to be violated in the aftermath of the settlement agreement signed earlier this year.

A prompt and thorough negotation aimed at clarifying questionable language in the league’s waiver apparently never happened. Which brings back into focus what seems to be the sole overriding truth as it relates to the Kaepernick workout: Neither side viewed this as a legitimate effort to get him back in the NFL, but instead as a vehicle for advancing their own P.R. and/or legal agendas.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Like the lawyers on the radio were saying. Basically the NFL was saying Kaepernick can’t use the outcome of the NFL workout in court. Which from a corporate point of view was fair if you know someone is actively trying to sue you
Yeah , and there is the part about what they were supposed to respond with or whatever. It’s a bunch of legalese that again, either side is gonna walk away with whatever they wanna believe. I’d rather see two lawyers debate it , then decide. Obviously I’m biased against Kaep at this point. I don’t buy any of his bullshit. The NFL is who they are. He’s pretending to be “for the people” she even yesterday , he didn’t mention one word about police brutality. He wants it to be about him.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That language resides in paragraph No. 7: “In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Workout, Player, for himself, his personal representatives, executors, administrators, heirs, successors and assigns, hereby releases, discharges, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless National Invitational Camp, Inc., National Football Scouting, Inc., the owner(s), operator(s) and manager(s) of the Facility, any and all individuals participating in or present at the Workout, including, without limitation, Joe Philbin, the National Football League (‘NFL’) and each of its 32 NFL Member Clubs, and each of the foregoing parties’ respective direct and indirect affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, employees, shareholders, officers, directors, attorneys, insurers, successors and assigns (collectively, the ‘Released Parties’), from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, suits, grievances, costs, losses, expenses, damages, injuries, illnesses, and losses (including death) caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout, Player’s presence at the Facility, and any medical treatment or services rendered in connection with or necessitated by Player’s participation in the Workout.”

Most of that word paella has become standard practice when attempting to ensure that a waiver sweeps as broadly as intended, covering all parties who could be sued and all parties who could be doing the suing. Here’s the specific language that would get my attention, if I were the lawyer whose client was being asked to sign it: “any and all claims . . . caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout, Player’s presence at the Facility, and any medical treatment or services rendered in connection with or necessitated by Player’s participation in the Workout.”

The phrase “directly or indirectly” should raise a bright red flag, because the term “indirectly” easily could be used to bootstrap a waiver intended to protect the NFL and all related parties against a personal injury lawsuit into a silver bullet that would defeat from the get go any claims for collusion or retaliation related to Kaepernick’s ongoing unemployment from the moment his February settlement agreement was signed through and beyond the November 16 workout.

If I were representing Kaepernick, and if the goal were to have a genuine workout aimed at enhancing his chances of being signed by an NFL team, I would have asked immediately for the document to be revised to specifically clarify that any and all potential employment rights would be preserved. If the league had refused, I wouldn’t have signed it, because the language leaves the door sufficiently ajar for a subsequent defense to a collusion/retaliation case that signing the waiver extinguished the claims. Failure to obtain that clarification could be characterized as professional malpractice, especially in light of this portion of paragraph No. 13: “This Release is governed by the laws of New York, without regard to conflict-of-law principles, and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York.” (Emphasis added.)

That said, there’s enough language in the waiver to give a prudent, careful lawyer legitimate concern that an aggressive litigator would later argue that signing the document defeats all potential employment claims that Kaepernick could have made. Haggling over specific terms and words and phrases in waivers happens all the time; the reasonable reaction to the league’s waiver should have been for the two sides to engage in a prompt and thorough negotiation about the scope and content of the waiver, in order to ensure that he would be waiving only claims for personal injuries arising from the workout, and nothing more. With one extra sentence or paragraph, it could have been made perfectly clear that nothing in the waiver would undermine Kaepernick’s ability to claim that his employment rights have continued to be violated in the aftermath of the settlement agreement signed earlier this year.

A prompt and thorough negotation aimed at clarifying questionable language in the league’s waiver apparently never happened. Which brings back into focus what seems to be the sole overriding truth as it relates to the Kaepernick workout: Neither side viewed this as a legitimate effort to get him back in the NFL, but instead as a vehicle for advancing their own P.R. and/or legal agendas.
Yeah that waiver was basic as hell

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Isn't the CBA for current employees?

He aint got no job, mayne.
so no one bothered to read anything about Kap while his case was in arbitration :smh:

the cba covers all eligible players including unsigned free agents
Under the cba the NFL couldn't legally host a workout for anyone not covered by the cba

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah that waiver was basic as hell
r . i. f. :

...The phrase “directly or indirectly” should raise a bright red flag, because the term “indirectly” easily could be used to bootstrap a waiver intended to protect the NFL and all related parties against a personal injury lawsuit into a silver bullet that would defeat from the get go any claims for collusion or retaliation related to Kaepernick’s ongoing unemployment from the moment his February settlement agreement was signed through and beyond the November 16 workout.

If I were representing Kaepernick, and if the goal were to have a genuine workout aimed at enhancing his chances of being signed by an NFL team, I would have asked immediately for the document to be revised to specifically clarify that any and all potential employment rights would be preserved. If the league had refused, I wouldn’t have signed it, because the language leaves the door sufficiently ajar for a subsequent defense to a collusion/retaliation case that signing the waiver extinguished the claims. Failure to obtain that clarification could be characterized as professional malpractice, especially in light of this portion of paragraph No. 13: “This Release is governed by the laws of New York, without regard to conflict-of-law principles, and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of New York.” (Emphasis added.)...