Hulu Announces ‘Freaknik: The Wildest Party Never Told’ Documentary

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Was it just me or did they discuss So So Def almost as much as they did Freaknik? All told, as someone who never experienced Freaknik but enjoy documentaries, it wasn't bad. You get the general outline about how the whole thing began and its influence.

It probably could've used more nudity and what not because you have the talking heads describing how crazy it was but the footage they showed looked like shit you'd see at Mardi Gras.

8/10

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member

That's pretty much what I got. Plus it was the pussy grabbing 40-50 year old muhfuhkahs in the late 80's that started scaring the good women away. Stacy, who told the story about almost getting raped by bout 10 dudes, convinced me that I was glad I wasn't there.

BTW, my generation's version was Labor Day weekend in Atlantic City on Chickenbone beach.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
They should have spent more time on the early days of Freaknik instead of fast-forwarding to the 1990s.

Luke didn't have to take a shit on the young brother for buying the trademark and trying to bring it back with a different vibe but Luke is a one-dimensional person anyways, so it should be expected.

The coomer brain in me wanted to see some throwback Black titties and pussy but it was smart to blur faces, blur nudity and just keep it PG-13 (although the doc is actually rated R).

Also, in my opinion, it's a product of its time, it wouldn't work today, you niggas can talk about the all unforced trains that you want, you can't have that shit in a city that is basically the capital of Black America because it's a tragedy waiting to happen and it will fall on all of us.
You can't have that nowadays because of all the transplants and gangs that took over Atlanta.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor

That's right on time with the feminist blaming uncle Luke for the demise of freaknik not realizing the racist ass governor and police officers down there ended that shit but CAC was doing the same shit or worst but were allowed to have parties. So, if a person is gonna blame someone then blame the CACs who made shit worst by not minding their business.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
The Freaknik documentary was good to learn the history about what started it all and how it became to be the biggest party ever with people from different cities joining the fun. It wasn't a freaky party until years later but then again, what would you expect when you name it freaknik.

Also, they edited and blurry out a lot of stuff when it came to nudity because of the backlash of seeing women naked showing their pussy and titties. So, hulu had to protect their self and not make it as too hot for TV.

But it'll never be another freaknik even though people are trying to keep it alive with the new generation but now people aren't allow to touch each other or bump and grinding on each other because of the me too situation and because of rapes that happened back then.