Hulu Announces ‘Freaknik: The Wildest Party Never Told’ Documentary

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Was it just me or did they discuss So So Def almost as much as they did Freaknik? All told, as someone who never experienced Freaknik but enjoy documentaries, it wasn't bad. You get the general outline about how the whole thing began and its influence.

It probably could've used more nudity and what not because you have the talking heads describing how crazy it was but the footage they showed looked like shit you'd see at Mardi Gras.

8/10

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member

That's pretty much what I got. Plus it was the pussy grabbing 40-50 year old muhfuhkahs in the late 80's that started scaring the good women away. Stacy, who told the story about almost getting raped by bout 10 dudes, convinced me that I was glad I wasn't there.

BTW, my generation's version was Labor Day weekend in Atlantic City on Chickenbone beach.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
They should have spent more time on the early days of Freaknik instead of fast-forwarding to the 1990s.

Luke didn't have to take a shit on the young brother for buying the trademark and trying to bring it back with a different vibe but Luke is a one-dimensional person anyways, so it should be expected.

The coomer brain in me wanted to see some throwback Black titties and pussy but it was smart to blur faces, blur nudity and just keep it PG-13 (although the doc is actually rated R).

Also, in my opinion, it's a product of its time, it wouldn't work today, you niggas can talk about the all unforced trains that you want, you can't have that shit in a city that is basically the capital of Black America because it's a tragedy waiting to happen and it will fall on all of us.
You can't have that nowadays because of all the transplants and gangs that took over Atlanta.