Halle Bailey has been cast as Ariel in Disney’s live-action The Little Mermaid. trailer

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
was I the only one thinking Halle berry

tenor.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Halle Bailey shares emotional post as she wraps filming Disney's live-action The Little Mermaid

We're that much closer to becoming part of her world.
By Jolie Lash
July 12, 2021 at 06:38 PM EDT

ADVERTISEMENT
SaveFBTweetMore

02:02
05:27

Halle Bailey has wrapped filming Disney's live-action remake of The Little Mermaid, and she celebrated with an emotional post on Instagram.
"And just like that..that's a wrap ❤️," Bailey shared. "After auditioning for this film when i was 18 just about to turn 19 , to now finishing filming through a pandemic when i turned 21 ..we have finally made it...."

The singer and actress said she was "so grateful to have experienced this film in all of its glory," but added it had been tough to be away from her nearest and dearest during filming (no doubt due to COVID-19 protocols). However, Bailey said she felt "freedom and perseverance" as she got close to wrapping the film.

Posting a sunset-taken pic of herself in the water, Bailey said the "experience" made her "so much stronger" than she imagined.
She also thanked her castmates Jonah Hauer-King (Prince Eric), Jacob Tremblay (the voice of Flounder), Javier Bardem (King Triton), Melissa McCarthy (Ursula), Awkwafina (the voice of Scuttle), and Daveed Diggs (the voice of beloved crustacean Sebastian).
"I cannot wait for time to speed up so you all can watch this film because it was made with so much love (plus blood sweat and tears) lol thank you sardinia for a wonderful ending!!! Xoxo," Bailey's post concluded.
She followed up later with a tweet, writing, "feels strangely surreallll to be finished."

Her sister, Chloe Bailey, cheered her on via Twitter. "I love you so much and i am SO PROUD OF YOU my halle," she tweeted, sharing a photo of the pair in the water.

Bailey, one half of Grammy-nominated Chloe x Halle, and a star of Freeform's Grown-ish, landed the whopper of a role in 2019. The film's director is Rob Marshall, who also helmed Disney's Mary Poppins Returns.

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I was reading Halle Berry this whole time and kept thinking "where's her picture? this girl don't look like Halle Berry"
I need new glasses

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
I was reading Halle Berry this whole time and kept thinking "where's her picture? this girl don't look like Halle Berry"
I need new glasses

Alright, so I'm not the only public school graduate in this thread :lol:

I'm reading that post thinking Halle Berry must be back on the sauce talking about she auditioned for this movie at 19, filmed it during the pandemic and finished when she was 21 all while being in her early to Mid 50s :lol:

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I honestly can't deal with these Live-Action DISNEY Adaptions.
Something never feels right when watching them.
But I hope My Main Man Crab Sebastian is going to get some respect in this one.
He was the BEST thing about the Animated film.
R.I.P. Samuel Wright.
MSDLIME_EC008-copy.jpg

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
I honestly can't deal with these Live-Action DISNEY Adaptions.
Something never feels right when watching them.
But I hope My Main Man Crab Sebastian is going to get some respect in this one.
He was the BEST thing about the Animated film.
R.I.P. Samuel Wright.
MSDLIME_EC008-copy.jpg
:lol: :cool:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Ego Nwodim’s Ariel Didn’t Ask to Be a Role Model
By Charu Sinha@charulatasinha

In the latest stop on what is probably an exhausting press tour, Disney’s live-action Little Mermaid dropped by Saturday Night Live’s “Weekend Update” to clarify some things. No, not Halle Bailey — this is the actual mermaid (played by Ego Nwodim), who took issue up top with Colin Jost referring to her as “Black Ariel.” “I don’t call you white Colin to your face,” countered Ariel, which, fair. In response to Jost’s question about how it feels to be a role model, Ariel replied, “Role model to who? Black girls who want to be a fish?” Ariel, according to Ariel, is not only normal, but actually “kind of bad.” She goes on to explain her love for SeaWorld and the Iraq War as well as her complicity in the BP oil spill. (“I ran up on that pipeline drunk as hell one night and did a little damage.”) We’re hoping all of this and more is addressed in the live-action Little Mermaid, set to hit theaters next year.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

64300115-11402229-Kind_words_Halle_Bailey_22_shared_a_heartfelt_note_that_she_had_-a-70_1667894460641.jpg
64300159-11402229-Touched_The_Little_Mermaid_star_expressed_her_gratitude_and_how_-a-71_1667894460642.jpg
64300217-11402229-_Real_tears_Halle_also_shared_the_pilot_s_special_note_on_her_In-a-73_1667894460643.jpg
64300791-11402229-New_experience_In_a_post_that_she_shared_on_Instagram_the_actres-a-68_1667894460033.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

66390561-11617417-Gorgeous_Halle_Bailey_22_flaunted_her_fit_bikini_body_on_Monday_-a-10_1673325312154.jpg
66390559-11617417-Swinging_mermaid_The_Little_Mermaid_star_modeled_a_sexy_pink_bik-a-8_1673325312151.jpg
66391109-11617417-Big_year_ahead_The_Grammy_nominated_singer_recently_rocked_out_a-a-13_1673325312158.jpg
66391095-11617417-Her_big_break_Halle_is_gearing_up_for_the_premiere_of_The_Little-a-12_1673325312157.jpg
She stay lookin' good!