Halle Bailey has been cast as Ariel in Disney’s live-action The Little Mermaid. trailer

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member

you know cacs are

tenor.gif

Last edited:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
i was about to say ...halle berry gonna lip sync...? :hmm:

:rolleyes2:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Did you watch Little Mermaid when you were little?

I didn't see the movie in theatres and i think she had a cartoon for awhile

I wasn't a fan

NUMEROUS women i dealt with LOVED that damn character especially women of color.

I don't if Disney got the nerve to double down like that. Cause then the King would be Black. The crab was voiced by a black legend. The songs all have a Caribbean influence..

It would make perfect sense story wise but these white fan boy groups keep getting bigger and bigger...

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I didn't see the movie in theatres and i think she had a cartoon for awhile

I wasn't a fan

NUMEROUS women i dealt with LOVED that damn character especially women of color.

I don't if Disney got the nerve to double down like that. Cause then the King would be Black. The crab was voiced by a black legend. The songs all have a Caribbean influence..

It would make perfect sense story wise but these white fan boy groups keep getting bigger and bigger...

as soon as we stop caring about white people
the better our content will be.

deezn21

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Wait ...ain't the prince in that movie just a high yells nigga?
Nah he's "racially indeterminate"
e7da2d14dc6abafd467f2bc56986bb30.jpg

This is his voice actor:
Bruno+Campos+Premiere+Disney+Princess+Frog+ckkXNfVmvIll.jpg

He was from some made up place similar to the Mediterranean.
If they could have made him white without backlash, they would have.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Awkwafina, Jacob Tremblay Join ‘The Little Mermaid’ Live-Action Adaptation
By JUSTIN KROLL

awkwafina-jacob-tremblay.jpg

CREDIT: REX/SHUTTERSTOCK
Jacob Tremblay and Awkwafina have signed on to play Flounder and Scuttle, respectively, in Disney’s live-action adaptation of “The Little Mermaid.”

Variety first reported that Melissa McCarthy would be taking on the role of Ursula the Sea Witch. Over the weekend, journalist Kris Tapley announced on Twitter that Tremblay and Awkwafina would be joining the cast.

“Mary Poppins Returns” director Rob Marshall is helming “The Little Mermaid,” which will incorporate original songs from the 1989 animated hit as well as new tunes from original composer Alan Menken and “Moana’s” Lin-Manuel Miranda. Miranda is also producing the film along with Marshall, Marc Platt and John DeLuca. David Magee wrote the script with Jane Goldman writing a previous draft.

Jessica Virtue and Allison Erlikhman are overseeing for the studio.

The original “Little Mermaid” follows Ariel, a mermaid princess who wants to become a human and capture the attention of Prince Eric. Menken’s music included the Oscar-winning “Under the Sea,” “Part of Your World” and “Kiss the Girl.” Scuttle and Flounder are Ariel’s best friends, a seagull and fish, respectively.

Tremblay will next appear in “Doctor Sleep,” Warner Bros.’ adaptation of Stephen King’s sequel to “The Shining.”

Awkwafina is voicing a character in Netflix’s upcoming series, “Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance” and can be seen in Sony’s upcoming Jumanji sequel, “Jumanji: the Next Level” as well as Lulu Wang’s “The Farewell,” which hits theaters July 12.

Tremblay is repped by UTA and Play Management and Awkwafina is repped by UTA and Artists First.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Melissa McCarthy in Talks to Play Ursula in Live-Action ‘Little Mermaid’ (EXCLUSIVE)
By JUSTIN KROLL

melissa-mccarthy-ursula-little-mermaid.jpg

CREDIT: MCCARTHY: REX/SHUTTERSTOCK; LITTLE MERMAID: COURTESY OF DISNEY
Melissa McCarthy may be ready to help some poor unfortunate souls in Disney’s live-action version of “The Little Mermaid.”

Sources tell Variety that while the deal is not yet completed, McCarthy is in early talks to play the sea witch Ursula in the live-action adaptation of “The Little Mermaid.”

As Disney preps its live-action version of the undersea tale, there’s a lot of buzz about the cast. Disney and the production team behind it are looking to make contemporary and compelling casting choices, while still paying homage to the beloved animated original.

“Mary Poppins Returns” director Rob Marshall is helming. The film will incorporate the original songs from the 1989 animated hit as well as new tunes from Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda. Miranda is also producing the film along with Marshall, Marc Platt and John DeLuca. David Magee wrote the script with Jane Goldman writing a previous draft.

Jessica Virtue and Allison Erlikhman are overseeing for the studio.

The original version followed a mermaid princess who sought to meet a human prince on land. Menken wrote the music, including the Oscar-winning “Under the Sea,” “Part of Your World” and “Kiss the Girl.” As for McCarthy, the multi-talented actress will get her chance at singing “Poor Unfortunate Souls,” one of the classic villain songs in the Disney archive.

Adapting classic animated pics into live-action features is a strategy that has been going strong for the studio, most recently with its live-action remake of “Aladdin,” which has grossed $820 million worldwide. The highly anticipated remake of “The Lion King” opens next month.

This will mark one of the first family-friendly roles for McCarthy, who has built her career on adult comedies including “Spy,” “The Heat” and “Bridesmaids,” which earned her an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress. She was most recently seen in “Can You Ever Forgive Me?,” a dramatic turn that also earned her an Oscar nomination, this time for best actress.

McCarthy is repped by CAA and MGMT Entertainment.