Halle Bailey has been cast as Ariel in Disney’s live-action The Little Mermaid. trailer

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

I still love her sister a little more, but she is growing nicely in her body. A little weight made a huge difference with Halle.

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
Enjoyed it, not as good as the cartoon, they took out my favorite song, but They made prince eric an actual character additional scenes, and depth to Ariel and Eric relationship. Going back to the songs, the "realism" in the live action is missing the visual fun the cartoon had especially in kiss the girl, and under the sea. I enjoyed this and definitely would watch again on Disney plus but not to compare and contrast with the original but the additional characters and scenes were fun on their own. Go watch it

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Enjoyed it, not as good as the cartoon, they took out my favorite song, but They made prince eric an actual character additional scenes, and depth to Ariel and Eric relationship. Going back to the songs, the "realism" in the live action is missing the visual fun the cartoon had especially in kiss the girl, and under the sea. I enjoyed this and definitely would watch again on Disney plus but not to compare and contrast with the original but the additional characters and scenes were fun on their own. Go watch it

I never saw the first one, but I may give this a watch when it comes to disney plus.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
The Mouse is doubling down on exclusivity. They are starting to swing that multi-billion dollar stick. death sentence was the first casualty, you see he skedaddled onto the campaign trail after it became clear The Mouse wasn't backing down on the Florida shit he tried to pull, leaving an unholy mess that somebody else will have to clean up.

Looks like the apartheid-loving musk is next in their sights since he's bankrolling death sentence.

I may buy a bunch of tickets and give them away just to support Mickey.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
The Mouse is doubling down on exclusivity. They are starting to swing that multi-billion dollar stick. death sentence was the first casualty, you see he skedaddled onto the campaign trail after it became clear The Mouse wasn't backing down on the Florida shit he tried to pull, leaving an unholy mess that somebody else will have to clean up.

Looks like the apartheid-loving musk is next in their sights since he's bankrolling death sentence.

I may buy a bunch of tickets and give them away just to support Mickey.
Disney has been doing interesting things over the last few years when it comes to Black people this is why I am on their side when they are fighting against DeSantis. Also, Disney carries a huge stick with spikes on it.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Disney has been doing interesting things over the last few years when it comes to Black people this is why I am on their side when they are fighting against DeSantis. Also, Disney carries a huge stick with spikes on it.

Yep.
You know now that I think about it, it may just be that the actions of death sentence pushed the Mouse to take a more active stance. They were pretty neutral until ronnie-boy started his bullshit. They incorporated inclusivity but it was no big deal until the Florida debacle. Then they got aggressively inclusive, like fuck you Ron aggressive.

And the thing about the House of Mouse is that they generate revenue consistently. Through many, many different avenues. Their media and theme parks are only a piece of the pie.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Yes they've always have done interesting things when it comes to black people...

When I was in elementary school I thought they actualy was black..

This is practically blackface..

And need i remind y'all
he was supposed to be force sensitive from the jump and in the original script he was supposed to be Rey's love interest but when girly hipped nerds protested in klansmen stormtrooper outfits Disney got shook and reduced Finn to a goofy janitor who smiled rrey and followed her around screaming her name. Not to mention how on Chinese movie posters they push Finn way in the background but Disney dare not speak up against china:rolleyes2:

Fuck "da mouse". Those few bones they throwing us ain't shit. Disney is fucking shit up because desantis anti LGBT shit is fucking with their money. You all know pride parades are held at Disney world. That's the only reason Disney is acting up. Stop acting like Disney really gives a damn about black people. It's just another corporate company.

Last edited:

kidmegaii

Medium well
BGOL Investor
They continued with this movie too, Prince Eric would've been taught the cupid shuffle early in life. I'll give disney credit for listening to the fans tho, the fans harassed Disney/Marvel at conventions for a black panther movie, Disney/Marvel finally agreed and made bank off it.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
They continued with this movie too, Prince Eric would've been taught the cupid shuffle early in life. I'll give disney credit for listening to the fans tho, the fans harassed Disney/Marvel at conventions for a black panther movie, Disney/Marvel finally agreed and made bank off it.
They did some black things before black panther. But when they seen the money that Black Panther did brought in…..all the sudden the white board members of Disney went…

fresh-prince-fight.gif

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yes they've always have done interesting things when it comes to black people...

And need i remind y'all
he was supposed to be force sensitive from the jump and in the original script he was supposed to be Rey's love interest but when girly hipped nerds protested in klansmen stormtrooper outfits Disney got shook and reduced Finn to a goofy janitor who smiled rrey and followed her around screaming her name. Not to mention how on Chinese movie posters they push Finn way in the background but Disney dare not speak up against china:rolleyes2:

Fuck "da mouse". Those few bones they throwing us ain't shit. Disney is fucking shit up because desantis anti LGBT shit is fucking with their money. You all know pride parades are held at Disney world. That's the only reason Disney is acting up. Stop acting like Disney really gives a damn about black people. It's just another corporate company.

Negroes always on the forgive and forget shit

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Got 2 daughters. Made me proud because none of them are on this hand-me-down, pandering bullshit from Disney. Self-respect on 1000. :yes:

Got how many myths out of Africa? How many black original stories? Sick of this lazy shit.

Hope to see Halle Bailey succeed in some other projects. Beautiful voice. She was put in a bad spot due to the scum at Disney.

Disney needs 700-750 million to break even on this and made one of the China promos blueish (avatar style) to hide the black mermaid. :smh: Chinese still didn't come see it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

71492559-12132591-Whoops_She_mischievously_shared_some_footage_of_her_wandering_th-a-51_1685242952594.jpg

71492549-12132591-The_look_She_documented_her_escapades_on_TikTok_letting_her_more-a-50_1685242952531.jpg

71492567-12132591-Success_is_swell_The_live_action_remake_of_the_1989_Disney_anima-a-49_1685242952001.jpg

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Got 2 daughters. Made me proud because none of them are on this hand-me-down, pandering bullshit from Disney. Self-respect on 1000. :yes:

Got how many myths out of Africa? How many black original stories? Sick of this lazy shit.

Hope to see Halle Bailey succeed in some other projects. Beautiful voice. She was put in a bad spot due to the scum at Disney.

Disney needs 700-750 million to break even on this and made one of the China promos blueish (avatar style) to hide the black mermaid. :smh: Chinese still didn't come see it.
750? where u come up with that number? movie is 200 million tops

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
750? where u come up with that number? movie is 200 million tops
$200 to $250 million is the production budget(Disney budgets always end up more than initially reported). Marketing around $150. They pushed this hard. Domestic is like a 50/50 split, international really varies. We know this ain't doing shit in China, and in China Disney usually gets 25-30 percent. So my bad on that. High numbers are if movies do big in China. Important to remember with Marvel movies.

keone

International Member
$200 to $250 million is the production budget(Disney budgets always end up more than initially reported). Marketing around $150. They pushed this hard. Domestic is like a 50/50 split, international really varies. We know this ain't doing shit in China, and in China Disney usually gets 25-30 percent. So my bad on that. High numbers are if movies do big in China. Important to remember with Marvel movies.
yes i know marketing always same amount as production cost.
but i was including both marketing and production
i havnt looked it up but 750 is crazy i can see 350 tho

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
yes i know marketing always same amount as production cost.
but i was including both marketing and production
i havnt looked it up but 750 is crazy i can see 350 tho
No, production is 200-250 alone. Then marketing on top of that. So let's go the very lowest possible, not probable though with Disney. 200 for production and 100 for marketing. Gives us 300 total. To make their money back they would need 600 million total sales. Remember, split with the theaters. MSM got fools thinking studios getting 100 percent of sales.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
No, production is 200-250 alone. Then marketing on top of that. So let's go the very lowest possible, not probable though with Disney. 200 for production and 100 for marketing. Gives us 300 total. To make their money back they would need 600 million total sales. Remember, split with the theaters. MSM got fools thinking studios getting 100 percent of sales.
The movie was $250 million. I don’t know what you’re getting those other numbers from. And from looking at some of the preview, most of the movie was done with animation, so with Disney not going to be super expensive.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
The movie was $250 million. I don’t know what you’re getting those other numbers from. And from looking at some of the preview, most of the movie was done with animation, so with Disney not going to be super expensive.
There is a production budget and a marketing budget. Production is 200-250. Marketing is 100-150. Add those numbers together and then you double to find the break even. The marketing for this went hard, so no way it was just 100 million.

Disney is notorious for bloated budgets. Why you think Iger came in and rolled heads? They spent all that money on she hulk and those effects were trash. :lol:

keone

International Member
yeah i hear u but waht is reported this movie was 250. causse bro i dont see them spend more 250i ridiculous by it self
but the movie almost made its money back
also fuck these cacs hating

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And need i remind y'all

Nothing you mention is actually Disney Creative in 2023.
The crows are fucked up but it is 2023 now.
They cannot control what a person in a costume wants to do.
Star Wars creative is not Disney creative.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
yeah i hear u but waht is reported this movie was 250. causse bro i dont see them spend more 250i ridiculous by it self
but the movie almost made its money back
also fuck these cacs hating
Yeah, PRODUCTION is $250 million. Just to get production budget back this movie needs to do $500 million. Then all the marketing(excluding the $10 million Disney paid itself). All those tv ads, internet ads, etc, cost a lot of money.

This weekend should be enough to tell if this movie can break even, turn a small profit, or if it will lose Disney money. It's all in the drop off to tell if word of mouth is going to help it. We're about to see if those rotten tomatoe reviews are real or fake like with other movies that got 95%+ and no word of mouth bump/hold.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend