Gladys Knight is performing the national anthem for the Super Bowl

Do You Agree That Gladys Should Sing The National Anthem At The Superbowl?

• Yes, she has her opportunity to perform in the ATL

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No, She really has no clue what the issue is all about

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I really could give a shit. I ain't watching the NFL anymore

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • The Natl Anthem is a racist song

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Again, i want to know how ya'll find it logical to criticize her for singing the anthem but you dont criticize all the black players cashing an NFL check on the regular.

False equivalency. The men are working, just like every other Black person that exists in under a racist regime.

Gladys is a fuckin Mormon (who happens to be Black), denigrated in her own religion, who is helping to destroy a man fighting against MURDER, while praising a song that is about collecting slaves, your ancestors.

Ain't the same shit.

Cross

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have a problem with her not agreeing with the way kap decided to protest but to criticize him for it and not a fucking word about the reason he is protesting for is beyond ignorance, it's compliance and the fact that she's from a day and age where she witnessed the sick and disgusting vile acts committed against us by them is down right shameful

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Again, i want to know how ya'll find it logical to criticize her for singing the anthem but you dont criticize all the black players cashing an NFL check on the regular.
Because they are getting paid. She’s not , she’s volunteering to perform and then she praises the god damn flag and criticized Kap!?!? Not even necessary to say that shit. I’m sorry but fuck her. Mormons didn’t even allow Black people until the 70s

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
False equivalency. The men are working, just like every other Black person that exists in under a racist regime.

Gladys is a fuckin Mormon (who happens to be Black), denigrated in her own religion, who is helping to destroy a man fighting against MURDER, while praising a song that is about collecting slaves, your ancestors.

Ain't the same shit.

Huh?

Dude, Gladys is working when she sings the anthem. Both are working. The same company (NFL) is cutting them a check. You clearly havent thought this through.

Do you realize that theres lots of black people who sang the anthem since Kap been blacklisted?

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
She gets the Jim Brown treatment. Lost delusional coon. I guess a coon can easily be bought. Crabass bitch.

I bet Roland Martin and Joe Madison will chime in on this shit. I'll try and post the links when they do.

“I understand that Mr. Kaepernick is protesting two things, and they are police violence and injustice,” Knight wrote to Variety. “It is unfortunate that our national anthem has been dragged into this debate when the distinctive senses of the national anthem and fighting for justice should each stand alone.”

The statement continued: “I am here today and on Sunday, Feb. 3, to give the anthem back its voice, to stand for that historic choice of words, the way it unites us when we hear it and to free it from the same prejudices and struggles I have fought long and hard for all my life.”

Bitch what world do you live in?

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Huh?

Dude, Gladys is working when she sings the anthem. Both are working. The same company (NFL) is cutting them a check. You clearly havent thought this through.

Do you realize that theres lots of black people who sang the anthem since Kap been blacklisted?
No, You’re not thinking. Nobody gets paid to perform at the Super Bowl. FOH

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
She must be hard up for cash. I also think she is The Bumble bee on "The Masked Singer" too.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Huh?

Dude, you can think I am full of shit, but this type of counter is childish, and only meant to stir the discussion in never ending circles.

She is not getting paid, she is be used to "unite" America (ie Black people) around a song to catch slaves, and TO be a Black messenger to DESTROY what Kaepernick stands for.

You rock her cool. I rock with Kaep. Gladys knows better, but that white religion means more to her than Black people murdered in the street

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Because they are getting paid. She’s not , she’s volunteering to perform and then she praises the god damn flag and criticized Kap!?!? Not even necessary to say that shit. I’m sorry but fuck her. Mormons didn’t even allow Black people until the 70s

Fam you and I both know this is about money.

The artists go there they put on a show and they get a massive sales boosts cause a hundred million people just watched them perform. You know the deal.

All you guys forgetting what Kap did and why. Kap aint fighting the anthem. He's fighting for our plight. Also, she aint say anything bad about Kap.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
because of money too. Carter was like, "you'll lose your non profit status cause of your vile racism." All of a sudden a core tenant of their beliefs change. how they do that?

Cross

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...instead/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.5030f6fa95a6

Fuck both of them.

Just because your an elder, doesn't mean you can't do dumb shit. Defending the fucking slave catcher anthem, is going to far. I bet she was against Malcolm and Ali, in her day.

Her age doesn't give her the right to be assinine
Agreed 100 and to think while most of us o
She gets the Jim Brown treatment. Lost delusional coon. I guess a coon can easily be bought. Crabass bitch.

I bet Roland Martin and Joe Madison will chime in on this shit. I'll try and post the links when they do.

“I understand that Mr. Kaepernick is protesting two things, and they are police violence and injustice,” Knight wrote to Variety. “It is unfortunate that our national anthem has been dragged into this debate when the distinctive senses of the national anthem and fighting for justice should each stand alone.”

The statement continued: “I am here today and on Sunday, Feb. 3, to give the anthem back its voice, to stand for that historic choice of words, the way it unites us when we hear it and to free it from the same prejudices and struggles I have fought long and hard for all my life.”

Bitch what world do you live in?
So she playing naive on how the anthem was dragged into this.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Fam you and I both know this is about money.

The artists go there they put on a show and they get a massive sales boosts cause a hundred million people just watched them perform. You know the deal.

All you guys forgetting what Kap did and why. Kap aint fighting the anthem. He's fighting for our plight. Also, she aint say anything bad about Kap.

Some of us have NOT. You are just trying to flip the discussion, to endless roundabouts. If Kaep is fighting for "us". Then the NFL punishes him, by banishing him. Yet, somehow it's makes it ok to still support the regime that has punished him, for the benefit of the country? Or is Gladys ok with using the stage to make some more long term performance money, while denigrating a banished Black man.

Gladys chose the NFL,the anthem and this so called unified country, over "US" . She is cool with banishing a Black man, she is cool with a league that treats Black men far differently than white people.

Just how shit goes, with a non-uniform Black population.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Dude, you can think I am full of shit, but this type of counter is childish, and only meant to stir the discussion in never ending circles.

She is not getting paid, she is be used to "unite" America (ie Black people) around a song to catch slaves, and TO be a Black messenger to DESTROY what Kaepernick stands for.

You rock her cool. I rock with Kaep. Gladys knows better, but that white religion means more to her than Black people murdered in the street

I dont "rock" with anyone.

Im laughing at ya'll selective outrage.

You talk about Kaep. Kaep didnt tell you to disrespect everyone who sings the anthem.

Again, black people never stopped singing the anthem. NFL games or NBA games. Where was the outrage all along? Ya'll mad now cause its the super bowl???

What kind of sense does that make???

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Some of us have NOT. You are just trying to flip the discussion, to endless roundabouts. If Kaep is fighting for "us". Then the NFL punishes him, by banishing him. Yet, somehow it's makes it ok to still support the regime that has punished him, for the benefit of the country? Or is Gladys ok with using the stage to make some more long term performance money, while denigrating a banished Black man.

Gladys chose the NFL,the anthem and this so called unified country, over "US" . She is cool with banishing a Black man, she is cool with a league that treats Black men far differently than white people.

Just how shit goes, with a non-uniform Black population.

Again, if that is the case, why didnt ya'll go at everyone who chooses to associate with the NFL?

Lebron, Jay-Z, Migos, TIP, Ice Cube...

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
Like I said there's a difference between an elder and an old ass muffuga. An old ass muffuga has the luxury of waking up every day. An elder continues to earn that position. Ali was an elder, an elderly sellout that only does for self just woke up.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
People said that we should respect our elders
:hmm:
Nah there's a difference between an elder and an older homie

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You're beyond a fucking moron.

Gladys "generation" got the civil rights act passed while sacrificing life and limb. You niggas think protest is sitting on your ass Sunday afternoon pretending to not watch football.
Not watching tv as an act of protest...I've never heard it put like that. Makes sense.

TheBigOne

Master Tittay Poster
Platinum Member

The National Anthem: Gladys Knight

Following the announcement that Maroon 5, Travis Scott and Big Boi would be performing at the Super Bowl, the NFL confirmed that Atlanta born-and-bred singer Gladys Knight would be singing the National Anthem at the 2019 Super Bowl. Knight, who’s known as the “Empress of Soul,” shared her excitement in an announcement video at “coming home” to her native city of Atlanta for the performance.

The legendary singer later weighed in on the Colin Kaepernick controversy and her decision to participate in the Super Bowl. In a statement to E! News, Knight stressed that the national anthem should be separate from the fight for social justice, while pointing towards her own history of civil rights activism.

“I understand that Mr. Kaepernick is protesting two things and they are police violence and injustice. It is unfortunate that our National Anthem has been dragged into this debate when the distinctive senses of the National Anthem and fighting for justice should each stand alone,” Knight said. “I am here today and on Sunday, Feb. 3 to give the Anthem back its voice, to stand for that historic choice of words, the way it unites us when we hear it and to free it from the same prejudices and struggles I have fought long and hard for all my life, from walking back hallways, from marching with our social leaders, from using my voice for good—I have been in the forefront of this battle longer than most of those voicing their opinions to win the right to sing our country’s Anthem on a stage as large as the Super Bowl LIII. No matter who chooses to deflect with this narrative and continue to mix these two in the same message, it is not so and cannot be made so by anyone speaking it.”

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member
I don't care. As far as people complaining I see it like this.... If you were really down for the cause why are you watching football? I haven't watched it for 2 seasons now and niggas want to sit in front of the TV and watch football and complain cause Gladys Knight is performing

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yall mad at all these young rappers doing super bowl commercials for cash or just 80 year old Gladys for singing at it in her home town?

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yall mad at all these young rappers doing super bowl commercials for cash or just 80 year old Gladys for singing at it in her home town?
She did an awesome job and professionally timed it perfectly for the flyby. She promised that she would time it well.