Gladys Knight is performing the national anthem for the Super Bowl

Do You Agree That Gladys Should Sing The National Anthem At The Superbowl?

• Yes, she has her opportunity to perform in the ATL

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No, She really has no clue what the issue is all about

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I really could give a shit. I ain't watching the NFL anymore

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • The Natl Anthem is a racist song

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Yep most of these folks even on this board talking about fuck the nfl are gonna be the same people who are gonna be watching the superbowl.

They are full of shit.

Watching the super bowl? Shit, they've been locked in since the preseason.

We gon pretend some of these same fools weren't in prediction threads since the summer? Posting all throughout the year?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
She doesn’t deserve any respect.
you don't know why she is doing the bowl - or what pressure is on her
keep in mind her son has dug a deep hole of financial issues that we know of
if she had a history of questionable choices of greed insensitivity etc it would be a different story

Its the same if Jessie Jackson pops up - who knows what arm twisting is going on

Travis has a history - so fuck him

As for Big - one day I might ask Shaka whats going on there

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You respect Jim Brown?
respect ≠ revere

you gotta respect Jim Brown for his accomplishments and shit lived through

while at the sametime you can also be disappointed that he always thought of himself as "one of the good ones" a "positive negro"
disgusted by his views on race, supporting bootlicking acceptance politics and his support for Trump

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
Hear from her DIRECTLY.
Just looking at her, she's proud of being asked to sing.
She remembers how badly Black people were treated in GA.
It's a personal achievement for her, and a legacy move (as I stated earlier).

Esther

Rising Star
OG Investor
Hear from her DIRECTLY.

Personal achievement? More like acceptance.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hear from her DIRECTLY.

Legacy of what? Showing that she can be part of disrespecting a present day activist seeking to better the lives of Black people. She may have good intentions, but in the bigger picture she is being used, and she knows better. No way, with her age, coming from her era, that she doesn't understand that she is being used to cover the negative behaviour of an opressive organization.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Tony Dungy:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Guess we can't get mad when we are shot in the street, and when our women get hung in the back of the police station. As a group, we cant come to any commonality.

Football protests stop being about police brutality a long time ago. They’re about the freedom to protest the anthem.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
Seriously. Look at this entire thread. How many people are talking about protesting police stations? Or voting in new leadership?

Instead they get to be woke by boycotting the NFL which does absolutely nothing the change what they “allegedly” are upset about.

Fake activism.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
So anybody that is black and sings the national anthem is a sellout now?
By fake militant logic , yes.

Now, being a sports agent and doing deals with NFL players, getting money that way is ok.

Even playing in the game is ok as long as you complain a lot whenever the camera is on ya.

There's ways around everything.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
For someone that is old enough to have experienced racism and segregation and she does this? Nah, she doesn’t deserve it (not from me).
Does what exactly?:confused:

Also, its ok to disagree with someone respectfully. Every disagreement shouldnt rise to the level of removing all respect from your elder. She grew up in the 50's.. When protest actually meant vocally and actively going against the establishment and losing your fucking life. Shes actually been on the front lines of this shit and put her money and her safety where your mouth is. Meanwhile you comfortable negros have the audacity to judge and critique her from your couches while watching your big screens. Clowns.

Last edited:

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Seriously. Look at this entire thread. How many people are talking about protesting police stations? Or voting in new leadership?

Instead they get to be woke by boycotting the NFL which does absolutely nothing the change what they “allegedly” are upset about.

Fake activism.
Salute

Funny thing is, atlantans actual VOTED in a Black woman mayor,

And damn near voted in a BLack Woman Governor

And the police Dept is majority Black and very low on these police brutality issues.

And Big Boi has spoken on that innhisnactual work and in the streets. Gladys Knight BEEN did her part

I dunno Travis Scott but he ain't from Atlanta anyway.

Last edited:

deputy dawg

~wait a cotton pickin' minute...
BGOL Investor
Personal achievement? More like acceptance.

Legacy of what? Showing that she can be part of disrespecting a present day activist seeking to better the lives of Black people. She may have good intentions, but in the bigger picture she is being used, and she knows better. No way, with her age, coming from her era, that she doesn't understand that she is being used to cover the negative behaviour of an opressive organization.

How is she being used? Somebody is gonna sing the fukkin' song - and that GA native said "Let it be me!"
For all that she's been thru in her career, she has earned the right to choose when/where/what to sing.
Her singing the anthem doesn't cover the NFL bullshit. Anybody that thinks her participation erases what they did to Kaep and all else that went with that is feeble minded.
How about with her age, coming from her era, she has seen and experienced things people younger than her can't even imagine.

Gladys is WAY past looking for acceptance. Acceptance from whom, exactly?
Did you even watch the video? Her personal history in GA growing up, her talent that allowed her to see the world-
Now she feels fulfillment to rep her (imperfect) nation in it's biggest sporting event.
So if they asked and she said no, that's some mighty payback for the racism and segregation in her life. (NOT!)

Does what exactly?:confused:

Also, is ok to disagree with someone respectfully. Every disagreement shouldnt rise to the level of removing all respect from your elder. She grew up in the 50's.. When protest actually meant vocally and actively going against the establishment and losing your fucking life. Shes actually been on the front lines of this shit and put her money and her safety where your mouth is. Meanwhile you comfortable negros have the audacity to judge and critique her from your couches while watching your big screens. Clowns.

Thank You! Nothing else to say.

KunningLinguist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

let the faux-rage begin

i dont even feel like saying it again.....

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
There's a difference between an elder and an old muffuga. You can become an old muffuga by simply waking up everyday long enough. To be an elder you have to do things that garner the respect of the community through self sacrifice and leadership. You have to be elected and held in high esteem for your service to your community. That's why the youth respect you as an elder. Just because you made great music or great films or was even a great politician for ANOTHER GROUPS political process doesn't make you an elder. Your just an old muffuga.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Didn’t her son fuck up her money recently? Could be a money grab.
That was years ago. She's been doing a run in Vegas for years now. Singing the national anthem at the super bowl is not a money grab. I dunno why people just can't believe that some people aren't buying the bullshit protest and don't have a problem doing it.

Postalone

Reborn
Registered
I wonder how many NBA superstars past and present will attend/watch Superbowl. Any of these purists adding them to their boycott? I don't see any NBA players kneeling in support of their NFL brethren. Why not boycott NBA too? Some people being a tad bit selective and hypocritical. I'm going to enjoy the game and halftime performances. Move on. Life is too short.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They hired Jermaine Dupree to be the black talent .slave They used him to get the black artists and they are getting paid.You think these coons would do it for free?

That's why too many of these black masons are a problem

They spooks sitting at the door watching us fo cacs...

I'm trying to tell yea sure most cacs are pink but don't sleep on their cacified coon yassa boys.

Cac is NOT a color it's a mindset

This Lil gnat dupree is a cac masonic maggot

Shout out to the few masons doin real work for the real gods...

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
The NFL is trying its hardest to get black acts involved with the SuperBowl to try to appear less racist; when there is only one thing they can do to win black people back. Let Kaep play.

All this bullshit is doing is having us push out more of our own, instead of their tokens bringing us into the fold.

Last edited:

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
These acts keep saying they're doing it for the prestige of performing at the SuperBowl. They need to talk to Chrisette Michel about how that works out. They are pretty much saying fuck Trayvon, Tamir, Mike, Terence, Sandra, Akai, Philando, and all the other victims of police violence.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everyone want the next man to take a knee but aint did shit themselves to take a knee. The same ones complaining still watching the NFL. Since when was Kap made the fucker leader of Black people and decided how folks get they bag? Fuck all that shit go get your bag. Hell I'm the only Black at my job what am I supposed to take a knee so they hire more of us?

Da Blacksmith

Forging my way thru it all
BGOL Patreon Investor
IMO, she can do what she wants, she damn near 80 years old and don't have explain herself. I never heard anyone call her a sellout before this anyway. Plus the NFL always been this way even back when Whitney performed at the Super Bowl. I just don't get the outrage over Gladys singing. She's a bonafied legend.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
The NFL is trying its hardest to get black acts involved with the SuperBowl to try to appear less racist; when there is only one thing they can do to win black people back. Let Kaep play.

All this bullshit is doing is having us push out more of our own, instead of their tokens bringing us into the fold.

Win black people back? What world do you live on? Did you not see all the football threads on this very site the past two seasons?

The NFL could have an all CAC performance lineup and black folks would still be watching.

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
These acts keep saying they're doing it for the prestige of performing at the SuperBowl. They need to talk to Chrisette Michel about how that works out. They are pretty much saying fuck Trayvon, Tamir, Mike, Terence, Sandra, Akai, Philando, and all the other victims of police violence.

:confused:

Was the NFL responsible for those deaths?

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
Nike = official sponsor of the NFL and uniform makers

Nike = Kaep official sponsor

Nike Kaep line of merch sells out to "woke" folks

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Win black people back? What world do you live on? Did you not see all the football threads on this very site the past two seasons?

The NFL could have an all CAC performance lineup and black folks would still be watching.
Ppl gonna complain no matter what. When maroon 5 was picked for halftime, ppl was upset why didn't they get a group from Atlanta to perform. Now someone who is actually from Georgia is singing, it's a problem now smdh.