Gladys Knight is performing the national anthem for the Super Bowl

Do You Agree That Gladys Should Sing The National Anthem At The Superbowl?

• Yes, she has her opportunity to perform in the ATL

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No, She really has no clue what the issue is all about

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I really could give a shit. I ain't watching the NFL anymore

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • The Natl Anthem is a racist song

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Some of yall are so weird...

How do you call out Gladys for singing the anthem but you not calling out ALL THE BLACK PLAYERS???

You do know they been cashing NFL checks with a big smile on they face every week since August right?

But yall wanna disrespect Gladys?

Foh

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Seriously. Look at this entire thread. How many people are talking about protesting police stations? Or voting in new leadership?

Instead they get to be woke by boycotting the NFL which does absolutely nothing the change what they “allegedly” are upset about.

Fake activism.
Listen. When the police do something, the police station isn't boycotted. Folks out blocking regular traffic. Local politics is a joke. In most places, they can't be bothered.

And yeah, I stopped watching for a year, but looked around. Fans couldn't be bothered not to watch but expect players to give up their paychecks. Not watching costs nothing, but folks had a millions excuses.

Unfortunately, what was a good action by Kap didn't get support from black fans OR players and died a long time ago. :smh:

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
Win black people back? What world do you live on? Did you not see all the football threads on this very site the past two seasons?

The NFL could have an all CAC performance lineup and black folks would still be watching.

Granted; but it's still considered uncool to like the NFL. I'm saying they're not going to get their cool points back by hiring black entertainers; they'll only get them back by reinstating Kaepernick.....

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Granted; but it's still considered uncool to like the NFL. I'm saying they're not going to get their cool points back by hiring black entertainers; they'll only get them back by reinstating Kaepernick.....

Uncool? By who?

Did you not see the videos posted of Jay Z and Lebron both at games in the past few weeks?

The NFL never lost their "cool" points if Jay and Lebron are both still supporting them. And Kap is no closer to ever appearing on a NFL sideline.

Open your eyes bruh.

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
Uncool? By who?

Did you not see the videos posted of Jay Z and Lebron both at games in the past few weeks?

The NFL never lost their "cool" points if Jay and Lebron are both still supporting them. And Kap is no closer to ever appearing on a NFL sideline.

Open your eyes bruh.

So you're saying that there is absolutely no stigma between black people and the NFL?
Fam, open your eyes.

I know you got an agenda to troll, but be real. It is not the same as it once was for the NFL. This Kaep shit is not going away fast enough for them. The fact that he is being used to sell product, and it's a social media storm around him and how he's being treated by the NFL is a major problem for them and they want to win back some cool points.

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
Uncool? By who?

Open your eyes bruh.
Lol yeah he went with UNCOOL

LMAO wtf?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
How can she criticize the way Kap protested,I will guaranteed you white folks had a problem with her doing the same thing..

I don't how black people can stand up for a song that basically shitted on them even after knowing it....

Shit,just boggles not mind...

exiledking

Rising Star
OG Investor
So you're saying that there is absolutely no stigma between black people and the NFL?
Fam, open your eyes.

I know you got an agenda to troll, but be real. It is not the same as it once was for the NFL. This Kaep shit is not going away fast enough for them. The fact that he is being used to sell product, and it's a social media storm around him and how he's being treated by the NFL is a major problem for them and they want to win back some cool points.
There is none. There's that chatter about what some of the Loudest people want it to be.

I remember when this shit started with Kaep

I told some talkers on this board that no one was gonna boycott the NFL. They told me "you wait and see"

Well now we SEE don't we?

The ratings are the same as ever, the Superbowl is in the blackest city in America, and black people are clamoring to perform in it, around it, anywhere we can. And why? Because it makes MONEY. Y'all thought it was gonna just hurt the NFL --- no, it only hurts those who decide not to participate in the gravy train that is the NFL.

If you're mad about something, take a LONG term plan with the money to be made from it. Stop REACTING to everything.

Now the only people left talking about the bullshit protest are a) people who don't watch football anyway and b) fake revolutionaries, most of whom still watch but just don't tell anyone.

Social media makes it easy to LOOK like you're doing something but reality tells a different story.

People believe all these artists that say they were offered, but the people who were REALLY offered It , accepted.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Her stating that she been doing this, fighting for rights, longer than many just exposes how her tactics have not worked!

Get a clue! Kap and so many others are maybe 2 generations her junior and having to take on the burden of a struggle that her generation LOST!

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
There is none. There's that chatter about what some of the Loudest people want it to be.

I remember when this shit started with Kaep

I told some talkers on this board that no one was gonna boycott the NFL. They told me "you wait and see"

Well now we SEE don't we?

The ratings are the same as ever, the Superbowl is in the blackest city in America, and black people are clamoring to perform in it, around it, anywhere we can. And why? Because it makes MONEY. Y'all thought it was gonna just hurt the NFL --- no, it only hurts those who decide not to participate in the gravy train that is the NFL.

If you're mad about something, take a LONG term plan with the money to be made from it. Stop REACTING to everything.

Now the only people left talking about the bullshit protest are a) people who don't watch football anyway and b) fake revolutionaries, most of whom still watch but just don't tell anyone.

Social media makes it easy to LOOK like you're doing something but reality tells a different story.

People believe all these artists that say they were offered, but the people who were REALLY offered It , accepted.
....Alright then; if you say so....

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Fam, open your eyes. I know you got an agenda to troll, but be real. It is not the same as it once was for the NFL. This Kaep shit is not going away fast enough for them. The fact that he is being used to sell product, and it's a social media storm around him and how he's being treated by the NFL is a major problem for them and they want to win back some cool points.

Newsflash: No one sees this as the NFL vs Black America, at this point they see it as the NFL vs Kap.

They might have at one point, but without Kap stepping up to continue the protest, and the black players still playing, and the black fans still watching...

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
Newsflash: No one sees this as the NFL vs Black America, at this point they see it as the NFL vs Kap.

They might have at one point, but without Kap stepping up to continue the protest, and the black players still playing, and the black fans still watching...
.....Alright then; if you say so...

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Her stating that she been doing this, fighting for rights, longer than many just exposes how her tactics have not worked!

Get a clue! Kap and so many others are maybe 2 generations her junior and having to take on the burden of a struggle that her generation LOST!
You're beyond a fucking moron.

Gladys "generation" got the civil rights act passed while sacrificing life and limb. You niggas think protest is sitting on your ass Sunday afternoon pretending to not watch football.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I wouldn't say the generation lost, but perhaps lost their way as influencers, alliances, and allies voices' divided our collective purpose.

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor
is gladys in disagreement that kap kneel doing the national anthem? smh. on another note , a boycott of the nfl will not work because the black players are not on the same page with it. if they're not protesting , the majority of the audience will not protest.

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She reminds me of a once gorgeous crack hoe who will suck and fuck the whole crew for $10...

2 ONE 3

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn Gladys...:smh:

What about the 3rd verse on the anthem...

This kinda hurts. I met her and looked up to her as a kid

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
You're beyond a fucking moron.

Gladys "generation" got the civil rights act passed while sacrificing life and limb. You niggas think protest is sitting on your ass Sunday afternoon pretending to not watch football.
them some raw nerves, I see.

wtf that funky bitch do for civil rights?

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
I guess every negro back then was in the streets on some revolutionary shit........or could be just another ‘older’ picking at the bones of the Civil Rights era. Maybe she should replace the Pips with Jim Brown, OJ and George Foreman for shits and giggles.

@exiledking still say this ain’t a money grab?:rolleyes:

Super bowl performers are not paid.

But it’s a massive platform and she’s playing the long game. That exposure + controversy = $$$$$.

Last edited:

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How can she criticize the way Kap protested,I will guaranteed you white folks had a problem with her doing the same thing..

I don't how black people can stand up for a song that basically shitted on them even after knowing it....

Shit,just boggles not mind...

Because we don’t stand for nothing.......

Football ratings are at an all time high......