Ghana...for Realz?

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
In Ghana now...doing and exploring business whilst enjoying the freedom. The motherland can be a breath of fresh air (for me). There's a lotta opinions and ignorance on the topic. Do your due diligence and visit for yourself. A number of friends from states and UK are currently loading up containers to relocate in Accra, Kenya and Gambia...To each his own.
You been to Cape Coast and Elmina yet?

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
Screen-Hunter-116.jpg

Chills

International member
BGOL Investor
bbuzzard said:
Looking for all the details, if you don't mind. I plan to visit in the next year...

I've spent 3-4 months in Africa every year for the last 20 years, absorbing culture and exploring business opportunities and doing business. It may take a few trips till you get accustomed to things. Whether your intentions are business or leisure, what will carry you a long way is humility and patience. There are infrastructural challenges, some have work-arounds others require some ingenuity.

The current exchange rate is very favorable towards the pound, dollar, euro etc...so if you plan accordingly and wisely you will get the most bang for your buck.

There are services that can assist you in many ways. The continent is welcoming more than ever and it warms my heart to see my brethren and sistren attempting to bridge the gap. The peaceful protest in Accra this past weekend in memory of our brothers and sisters who continue to be brutalized by members of law enforcement was an example of how we need each other. IMO, the diaspora needs Africa and Africa needs it's diaspora.

Last edited:

Chills

International member
BGOL Investor
MisterT said:
You been to Cape Coast and Elmina yet?

Many times...haven't been in some years but when friends come visit i always include in itinerary.

Last edited:

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
In Ghana now...doing and exploring business whilst enjoying the freedom. The motherland can be a breath of fresh air (for me). There's a lotta opinions and ignorance on the topic. Do your due diligence and visit for yourself. A number of friends from states and UK are currently loading up containers to relocate in Accra, Kenya and Gambia...To each his own.

can you give insight on how you did your move? I plan to visit again (Africa) and hit a lot of areas. What do you do there? Holla

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ghana looks really easy to live in
Yes and no. Yes if you're living anywhere but congested Accra otherwise, it's not. With all the exposure, Accra has become really expensive. Move to Cape Coast, Koforidua, Kumasi, Takoradi and it's it more manageable.

Chills

International member
BGOL Investor
The Plutonian said:
can you give insight on how you did your move? I plan to visit again (Africa) and hit a lot of areas. What do you do there? Holla

Wouldn't know where to start...that's a very loaded question. What you want to know specifically?

What i do on the continent is a combination of simply supplying demand, products, services, import/export; restaurants; pub/lounges; real estate.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
America has a lot of military built up all over the earth. The military presence in the African countries is strange to me. They say we have sided with devils over here. What are they doing over there. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Get the mind and the body will follow. Dominated by white ideas, white values, etc. will lead to white domination of the land and resources.
I do not know of any blacks in America with any real money. The only ones with any real money like at least in the hundreds of dollars are the ones that act like they came over on the mayflower.