Breaking: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died at 87

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered
we need

i need

Snake Plissken to push that fucking button and knock out the entire planets electrical and communication systems - Twitter , Network TV , Internet, Markets everything

becuase goddamn i swear we are living Escape from LA

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Only an idiot doesn’t examine the the actions or inactions that have led to such a disastrous outcome. As someOne previously pointed out the democrats don’t approach the court with nearly the same focus as republicans. It is absolutely malpractice for the party that’s already down 1 vote to have the presidency for two terms and not replace it’s oldest and most sickly members. You can’t seriously argue the republicans would have blocked a supreme for multiple years when it just would have kept the status quo.
As for the future of the court we are completely at the mercy of a handful of Republicans Now. Moving forward we need our own version of the federalist society. It doesn’t help to only be concerned about the courts when Republicans are about to take further control of the Supreme Court. Meanwhile the lower courts are getting packed with unqualified candidates.
Well, if you're trying to shift the blame of what lead to a disastrous outcome, it's not being an idiot. It's being manipulative. A master manipulation tool is to make the intended target feel guilty. Meanwhile, the people who really fucked up don't get any blame. The target is made to feel even more guilty for trying to rightfully assign blame.

Malpractice is a nice way to put the shit. An extremely nice way to put the shit. Being way to kind. :smh:

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Mark Kelly can be seated after Nov 3rd he’s going to wash McSally in AZ..

But Mitch rushing to seat a replacement only confirms to me that he knows it’s a wrap for Trump come Nov 3rd because if that wasn’t the case Mitch would say with confidence he would take up the vote in January.. I mean back in 2016 he was pretty confident in saying let the new president and the people chose.. That tells me he already knew trump was going to win
Why would he be confident in 2016 and not now?

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
they neutered that democrat

franken_authorphoto.creditowenfranken_wide-25b4131410a5908839bad6d5beb488e3b18ea36c-s800-c85.jpg
Not that I'm saying that he's the one, but if all he got got for was the thing he got got for, he absolutely could come back with no issues. I mean, sure the GOP would cry foul, but they're also grimy as hell when it comes to stuff like this, and they're going to stay hypocrites regardless..

That said, I feel like Franken had something else lurking in the closet, because he sounded all ready to fight and then just kinda stepped back. He also got pressured out by his own party, but that's a whole other story.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not that I'm saying that he's the one, but if all he got got for was the thing he got got for, he absolutely could come back with no issues. I mean, sure the GOP would cry foul, but they're also grimy as hell when it comes to stuff like this, and they're going to stay hypocrites regardless..

That said, I feel like Franken had something else lurking in the closet, because he sounded all ready to fight and then just kinda stepped back. He also got pressured out by his own party, but that's a whole other story.
Do you really want a guy chumped by Gillabrand?

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you really want a guy chumped by Gillabrand?
I mean, shit, I will take who I can get that will get the job done. Worrying about who got pwned by who and all this other circumstantial crap is how we got to this point to begin with.

I want whoever is going to call out OP fuckery on the front lines. If they have enough clout to shut their own people down when they lose focus, so be it. But I'll take that first one every day of the week.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I mean, shit, I will take who I can get that will get the job done. Worrying about who got pwned by who and all this other circumstantial crap is how we got to this point to begin with.

I want whoever is going to call out OP fuckery on the front lines. If they have enough clout to shut their own people down when they lose focus, so be it. But I'll take that first one every day of the week.
Al ain’t who you think he is. There are more qualified representatives not only from Minnesota but around the nation. There is the Twitter/Media sphere and there is the real world. I have a hard time believing there are love and hard body folks doing tv hits. Who out there is in the streets and pulling up oh republicans and letting them have it?

cheyisrameyah

Rising Star
Platinum Member
they neutered that democrat

franken_authorphoto.creditowenfranken_wide-25b4131410a5908839bad6d5beb488e3b18ea36c-s800-c85.jpg

This is the man who should be the democratic nominee. These democratic purity tests are beyond bullshit. Still voting for Biden/Harris. The democrats need to sack up on this one. If the Republicans do what everyone expects them to do, that would make it two Supreme Court seats they have effectly stole.

They are playing the long game on the voting rights act and slowly whittling it away. That alone is enough for me to vote.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
This is the man who should be the democratic nominee. These democratic purity tests are beyond bullshit. Still voting for Biden/Harris. The democrats need to sack up on this one. If the Republicans do what everyone expects them to do, that would make it two Supreme Court seats they have effectly stole.

They are playing the long game on the voting rights act and slowly whittling it away. That alone is enough for me to vote.
119843198_3524847757554117_3655117319305795289_o.jpg

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Only an idiot doesn’t examine the the actions or inactions that have led to such a disastrous outcome. As someOne previously pointed out the democrats don’t approach the court with nearly the same focus as republicans. It is absolutely malpractice for the party that’s already down 1 vote to have the presidency for two terms and not replace it’s oldest and most sickly members. You can’t seriously argue the republicans would have blocked a supreme for multiple years when it just would have kept the status quo.
As for the future of the court we are completely at the mercy of a handful of Republicans Now. Moving forward we need our own version of the federalist society. It doesn’t help to only be concerned about the courts when Republicans are about to take further control of the Supreme Court. Meanwhile the lower courts are getting packed with unqualified candidates.

:yes:

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dr Stacey Patton’s post from Facebook on RBG:

“I'm watching all these white women on social media talking about how scared they are for their bodily autonomy now that Justice Ginsberg is gone. But y'all ain't the ones repeatedly getting shot by cops in the streets. Y'all aren't the ones sitting in detention facilities getting your children. your ovaries, and your uteruses stolen from you. Y'all aren't the ones suffering from disproportionately higher rates of maternal mortality.

And I don't get all you Black people lionizing Ginsberg. It's weird to me. So she was about women's rights. Good. But do you honestly believe that included Black and Brown women? LOL. Her push for gender rights did not include a racial justice framework.

She green lit the dispossession of Indigenous lands. She fast-tracked the deportations of immigrants and broke up families. In addition to calling protests against police brutality dumb and disrespectful, she called sexual predator Justice Kavanaugh "very decent and very smart." She sided with conservative Justices Thomas, Roberts, Alito and Kavanaugh on unfair prison sentencing.
The "Notorious RBG" wasn't some revolutionary who was about saving Black and Brown and Indigenous folks from the rising tide of fascism, predatory capitalism, structural racism, imperialism and the carceral state.”

The majority of this sh!t sounds like, “Massa, we’s sick” type of rhetoric.

Over the last 2 decades, I never took BGOL to be this type of crowd.

What a difference a new millennium this is beginning to make...

Oh yeah, my condolences.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

“I'm watching all these white women on social media talking about how scared they are for their bodily autonomy now that Justice Ginsberg is gone. But y'all ain't the ones repeatedly getting shot by cops in the streets. Y'all aren't the ones sitting in detention facilities getting your children. your ovaries, and your uteruses stolen from you. Y'all aren't the ones suffering from disproportionately higher rates of maternal mortality.

And I don't get all you Black people lionizing Ginsberg. It's weird to me. So she was about women's rights. Good. But do you honestly believe that included Black and Brown women? LOL. Her push for gender rights did not include a racial justice framework.

She green lit the dispossession of Indigenous lands. She fast-tracked the deportations of immigrants and broke up families. In addition to calling protests against police brutality dumb and disrespectful, she called sexual predator Justice Kavanaugh "very decent and very smart." She sided with conservative Justices Thomas, Roberts, Alito and Kavanaugh on unfair prison sentencing.
The "Notorious RBG" wasn't some revolutionary who was about saving Black and Brown and Indigenous folks from the rising tide of fascism, predatory capitalism, structural racism, imperialism and the carceral state.”

Oh yeah, my condolences.

u missing the forest for the trees. its not about her. its about at least she was a stonewall to prevent a majority conservative court that WILL dismantle protections for black people.

BDR

BeatDownRecs
BGOL Investor
Why would he be confident in 2016 and not now?
Because he knew Trump would be President in 2016.. if he didn’t know he would not have a choice but to confirm Garland or let Hillary pick.. There was no way Mitch would hold up a seat for the next 5 years it would be political suicide and had Hillary won she would’ve nominated and pushed through her SC pick during a senate recess if Mitch was actively holding it up

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
u missing the forest for the trees. its not about her. its about at least she was a stonewall to prevent a majority conservative court that WILL dismantle protections for black people.
A conservative majority court does not equate to the dismantling of "protections for black people." Your statement makes the assumption that anyone who is conservative is racists or has an agenda to purposely harm black folk.

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It has everything to do with what you said. You're insinuating that because we made it through the middle Atlantic slave trade that you can make it through anything. Well, my friend, those genetics have been diluted because just about everyone whose folks have been here since slavery has some Caucasian in them somewhere or non-African blood in them.
Man, he’s right. What will we go through that could possibly be worse than thetreatment during the TransAtlantic Slave Trade?

Do we want to recreate it, of course not. However, we are survivors and they not ‘bout to break us.

See, the flip of white supremacy is that they are softer now, than they were then. Yeah, they see us the same, but them modern comforts ain’t got them ready for war.

We have a real grievance while theirs is fabricated. In conflict, the urgency won’t hit the same. It is easy to be outraged and comfortable.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
A conservative majority court does not equate to the dismantling of "protections for black people." Your statement makes the assumption that anyone who is conservative is racists or has an agenda to purposely harm black folk.

in 2020 they do. and the evidence supports that. this will be 45's court and we know 45 does not like black people.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

lol.. what?!

Conservatives call Chief Justice a moderate and he literally dismantled the VRA. They're going to put a extremist on the court with this appointment to push it even more right. Conservatism is an ideology is inherently racist.

shonuff

Rising Star
Registered

Furor in Texas GOP after leaders post racist memes that suggest Floyd’s death is a hoax

Conspiracy theories and racist memes: How a dozen Texas GOP county chairs caused turmoil within the party

CO Springs GOP Candidate Posts Racist Meme Comparing Black Protesters to Monkeys

How Racist Is Trump’s Republican Party?

Republican activist who ran for Congress: Trump stole my party and my heart is breaking.
Trump has transformed the party of Lincoln into a racist, nationalist movement that divides and destroys. And silent Republicans are letting him do it.

Republicans Want a White Republic. They'll Destroy America to Get It

Republicans must ask why so many people with racist values embrace the GOP

[IMG}

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
Man, he’s right. What will we go through that could possibly be worse than thetreatment during the TransAtlantic Slave Trade?

Do we want to recreate it, of course not. However, we are survivors and they not ‘bout to break us.

See, the flip of white supremacy is that they are softer now, than they were then. Yeah, they see us the same, but them modern comforts ain’t got them ready for war.

We have a real grievance while theirs is fabricated. In conflict, the urgency won’t hit the same. It is easy to be outraged and comfortable.
The problem with that statement is that you're admitting that you're "super human". Do we want people looking at us like we can survive anything that a normal human being couldn't survive? I mean that is one of the reasons why that cop shot Michael Brown. He said he looked like a "man beast" or something along those lines. We are human beings and we're just as fallible as any other human being. I will resist any chance of anyone looking at us as something other than a human being. We are not impregnable and we bleed, we die, and having mental deficiencies like anyone else.

Yes, our ancestors went through hell to get here, but we ain't our ancestors. We are built different, now. Not only that only the strongest made it here. However, that was over 400 years ago. Our blood has been diluted.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
so now congressional democrats are threatening 3 things:

impeach the president AGAIN. this will stall out a new nomination.

when they get senate control theyre going nuclear. no more filibusters.

if they get the presidency and both houses, theyre going to EXPAND the supreme court since there arent any limitations on the amount of seats.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

The SCOTUS pick will be a bit better than the regular courts, but the Fed judges they are appointing are folks with a known history of problem decisions and whom the bar has deemed unqualified. Several refused to state whether they thought Brown Vs Board of Education was decided correctly. You are confused if you think this bodes well for black folks.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

Oh yeah, my condolences.

There is some truth to this but it's an over simplified view. She helped with affirmative action and the VRA. If you read any of her opinions or dissents on stuff, she was not a racist.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Oh yeah, my condolences.

100% Agree. Her record was rather poor on actual votes with respect to freedom, respect and equal citizenship for Black people. Her talking shit about Kaep and kneeling while sitting on the bench is even WORSE coming from a so called liberal judge.

I bet she would have retired under a white Democrat President that held the house and senate. RIP, but she was NOT for Black people.

Its always Black folks this, what we didn't do.....nah fuck all that. Check her record, and MAJOR mistakes, that have helped creat a shit storm for 40 fucking years.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
The SCOTUS pick will be a bit better than the regular courts, but the Fed judges they are appointing are folks with a known history of problem decisions and whom the bar has deemed unqualified. Several refused to state whether they thought Brown Vs Board of Education wad decided correctly. You are confused if you think this bodes well for black folks.
We have to be careful that we remain rooted in reality as we discuss these matters. We can not allow certain entities to use scare politics to provoke actions from black folks. Though the SCOTUS has overturned prior rulings, never in its history has there been objection to what was overturned. We are being lead to believe that there is a possibility that Brown v Board of Ed will be overturned. Ridiculous. Is there a possibility that roe v wade will be revisited? Its possible. Pro-life is a conservative principle. I guess that makes me and many other black folk conservative. I assure you non of the liberal LGBTQ cases will be reviewed. Stop allowing the media to create false narratives. We will not go back to segregation. We will not go back chattel slavery, although all of us are financial slaves.

Ginsberg was not a champion for black folk nor our struggle in which she called stupid. She was concerned with helping white women and she showed this by her actions.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Furor in Texas GOP after leaders post racist memes that suggest Floyd’s death is a hoax

Conspiracy theories and racist memes: How a dozen Texas GOP county chairs caused turmoil within the party

CO Springs GOP Candidate Posts Racist Meme Comparing Black Protesters to Monkeys

How Racist Is Trump’s Republican Party?

Republican activist who ran for Congress: Trump stole my party and my heart is breaking.
Trump has transformed the party of Lincoln into a racist, nationalist movement that divides and destroys. And silent Republicans are letting him do it.

Republicans Want a White Republic. They'll Destroy America to Get It

Republicans must ask why so many people with racist values embrace the GOP

[IMG}

You just beautifully displayed your ignorance of the English language. You also have proved the media's ability to manipulate certain portions of the population by repetition of different but similar words in a manner which confuses people like you into using these words interchangeably, which leads to an incorrect use of said words.

Liberal does not mean Democrat just like conservative does not mean Republican. There are numerous Democrats who are conservative just like there are many Republicans who are liberal. Conservative and liberal are relative terms. Meaning, depending on who is being compared, any person can be considered liberal or conservative.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
We have to be careful that we remain rooted in reality as we discuss these matters. We can not allow certain entities to use scare politics to provoke actions from black folks. Though the SCOTUS has overturned prior rulings, never in its history has there been objection to what was overturned. We are being lead to believe that there is a possibility that Brown v Board of Ed will be overturned. Ridiculous. Is there a possibility that roe v wade will be revisited? Its possible. Pro-life is a conservative principle. I guess that makes me and many other black folk conservative. I assure you non of the liberal LGBTQ cases will be reviewed. Stop allowing the media to create false narratives. We will not go back to segregation. We will not go back chattel slavery, although all of us are financial slaves.

Ginsberg was not a champion for black folk nor our struggle in which she called stupid. She was concerned with helping white women and she showed this by her actions.

I don't care about LGBT issues and black folks aren't being "led" to believe anything. Most people can see for themselves that Trump getting another SCOTUS pick is problematic.

Kavanaugh is on record stating he would not overturn precedent in regard to abortion as it was settled laws, but has tried to anyway.

The only reason Louisiana still has abortion access is that Roberts is principled and voted to hold the precedent set by a ruling for a similar law in Texas, which he is actually against. I have no confidence that these new judges would behave honorably in the same instance. They have an agenda to outlaw abortion and Trump already told us all the folks on his list, of which Kavanaugh was one, would work toward that end.

https://americanindependent.com/sus...rights-supreme-court-senate-gop-maine-scotus/