Breaking: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died at 87

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Do republicans really want a antiabortion jesus freak on the supreme court? You would think Trump and his rich donors would be the last to want to make it illegal for their mistrisses to get an abortion.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Do republicans really want a antiabortion jesus freak on the supreme court? You would think Trump and his rich donors would be the last to want to make it illegal for their mistrisses to get an abortion.

Rich folks, and catholic priests will always have access to abortions. Its just everyone else that will go to jail, once she is confirmed.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trump's plan is all about getting a Justice confirmed before the election.
Once the court is stacked 6-3.......he'll contest the election once he loses and take it to the Supreme Court (which will be in his favor).
the writing is on the wall.
Then all this means is wee need to make sure we win this shit and win it big on election night. Dont leave it up to the absentee ballots.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Trump's plan is all about getting a Justice confirmed before the election.
Once the court is stacked 6-3.......he'll contest the election once he loses and take it to the Supreme Court (which will be in his favor).
the writing is on the wall.

that is exactly the plan. sigh...

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Then all this means is wee need to make sure we win this shit and win it big on election night. Dont leave it up to the absentee ballots.

if this board is any indication we are in trouble. this board is likely better educated about this election than the average citizen. and we still have a vocal contingent of "I am not voting," "both sides," and "coons for trump" on this board.

i really hope there is a blue tsunami this election.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
What army do they have?

So let me ask y’all a weird question: y’all are gonna follow rules set by people who aren’t going follow it? Those justices are guided by the good book.

I hope you guys are ready to talk to people who are following divine orders.

they don't need an army. they have the law at this point.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

On Wednesday, September 23, former First Lady Michelle Obama dropped by Conan to discuss quarantining with her entire family on Martha’s Vineyard, Barack’s forthcoming book, and her friend, the late great Ruth Bader Ginsburg. After Conan O’Brien drew a parallel between his own mother, who was one of the first women to attend Yale Law, and Michelle Obama, a Harvard Law graduate, and Justice Ginsburg, Obama echoed that sentiment while detailing the tremendous amount of effort it took to navigate those spaces early on as a woman. Obama said to O’Brien, “I think about the determination and the sheer intelligence it took for people like Justice Ginsburg, and your mother, and so many other women — well, not many of them because there are very few of them in that generation — who were at the frontlines of opening up opportunities for all of us.” Spoken like a woman who knows a thing or two about leading the way.
Obama went on to touch upon Ginsburg’s legacy and relationship to herself and Barack. “Her entire legal career … her time on the Supreme Court really pushed open a new set of possibilities for women all over the country, all over the world,” said Michelle Obama. “She was an icon. A great role model to me, and a dear friend to me and Barack.” As per usual, Michelle Obama, with a placard for her campaign When We All Vote in view behind her, did not mince words when speaking about the immense loss of Ginsburg and the importance of voting in the upcoming election, while refusing to utter the president’s name. “Now that we’ve lost this icon, and the balance of power in the Supreme Court lays in the hands of this sitting president and will impact the lives of young people for generations to come, it is all too real what having someone like her on the Court has meant. But it makes it plain that we cannot take this election for granted. Not now. Not ever.” As a wise woman once said, it is what it is. You can see Conan O’Brien’s full interview with former FLOTUS Michelle Obama below.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
75289034_2207177299582303_5075356114879512576_o.jpg

OnSlaught

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Her death has the potential to completely change the landscape of the law across America. A completely packed right wing Supreme Court could be the tipping point.

This shit keeps on happening, we are preparing the US soil for reenactments of "The Handmaid's Tale" and "Raised by Wolves". Shit will totally go all the way right...