Breaking News Kaepernick Settles with NFL Drops Suit

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He can talk about what he always talked about
He never talked about collusion. He just sued them for it.
The NFL colluded they didn't want that info out so they paid him whatever they wanted
They lost BIG-TIME
Why you think the owners were trying to replace godell with Adam silver all of a sudden?

Cause they just got they ass whooped hugely and have to pay Kap and they need someone to take the blame for it
NFL been getting they ass whooped and They re upped with Goodell last year....he’s leaving when he wants. He represents what they are and what they want.

But what I’m saying is does this decision stop the owners from colluding and keeping players out of the league when they deem they are losing them money for standing against social issues?

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: Niggas ain’t giving up they football lol. Niggas will watch they team win 1 game a year and tune right back in the next year then flex on BGOL and say they don’t watch lol.
I haven't watched nanny game in 2 years! I couldn't even tell you who was in the superbowl and it was in my city.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It doesn't necessarily admit guilt. I mean we all know the NFL is guilty, and as soon as they starting throwing those depositions around niggas was quick to settle. If a company like the NFL with endless bread didn't wanna just drown Kap in lawyer fees? Them niggas was guilty. But in the eyes of the law the NFL can just hide behind their NDA.

A part of me wishes he didn't take the settlement and just exposed them niggas, but I can't expect Kap can't go to bat for us more than he already has. Them same niggas who can't even stop watching football for a season are the same niggas talking about he sold out.

Ali was revered long after, which Kap will be. I'm sure the same conversations we're having about Kap now are the same conversations they had about Ali back then

I did not watch a SINGLE down of Football. Shit I even stopped watching college, just pissed me off. People in my surroundings though, are in fact now calling Kaepernick a sellout. Man shit has me angry as fuck. Black people in just did NOT support him. I had to ask my Pops what was the energy around Ali, Curt Flood etc. He stated it was just as divided. I remeber growing up, and him explaining how many Black people had varying views on Malcolm, but even passive MLK, especially post Vietnam.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
So....

I can now watch football in peace since Kaep and the league settled?

*two cents*
To be fair no one really stopped you correct?

I never used my non watching as a way to shit on other people. At the end of the day it's what a man can personally live with and look at himself in the mirror with.

Also you're probably just only asking to not get called a name here on BGOL I'm guessing? Lol

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
33% plus legal fees.... That's the standard for an out of court settlement...

Still a nice fucking chunk..........

Kaep won on this....
I suspect he might have had a blended fee arrangement given that he was in good financial shape to begin with. Kap is a smart dude.

Naha-Nago

Rising Star
Registered
To be fair no one really stopped you correct?

I never used my non watching as a way to shit on other people. At the end of the day it's what a man can personally live with and look at himself in the mirror with.

Also you're probably just only asking to not get called a name here on BGOL I'm guessing? Lol

I was being one part facetious one part not giving a fuck.

A lot of cats on here were boycotting the NFL because Kaep wasn't playing. Which I understood and respected. Well, now that Kaep and the NFL came to terms...are they watching the NFL again since Kaep "won"?

Second, about the name calling, I gives no fucks. I'm a die-hard patriots fan- so that makes me a Trump loving, Nazi supporting, MAGA hat wearing c00n off rip.

*two cents*

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It is mostly done as a damage mitigation strategy. For example, I just settled a case where a guy bought a house and church building at a tax sale and we knew that it was it was going to be a big task arguing the case to get it back. He settled with us because I became a fish bone in his throat and the house wasn't appreciating any more than what he was spending to defend our suit. Everybody made money and we were all satisfied with the outcome.

In this case, the damage to NFL's reputation might have been too much even if they were right and they probably decided to pay it off. If they were really wrong I'm sure that Kap and his lawyers would not have agreed to an NDA .

Also, we don't use "Guilty" for civil cases. It's called "liable". Guilty is for criminal cases.

Brother, I respectfully disagree with "If they were really wrong I'm sure that Kap and his lawyers would not have agreed to an NDA ." Typically, the only person who wants an NDA is the person who got a bad outcome in their opinion, almost always the defendant.. If the NFL had a strong factual position, they would have paid peanuts or nothing and they would want the world to know it. For the plaintiff, the calculus is different. Everything has a price. When you bring a suit for damages (ie money) that is the only yardstick. NDAs cost $, which means that the party who paid more than they wanted to has to pay even more to keep everyone from knowing how bad they got hit. Everyone knows this, so if you are a plaintiff who signed an NDA you know everyone knows you came out on top. If they had beaten you, you couldn't pay the defendant enough to keep them from bragging about it.

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Brother, I respectfully disagree with "If they were really wrong I'm sure that Kap and his lawyers would not have agreed to an NDA ." Typically, the only person who wants an NDA is the person who got a bad outcome in their opinion, almost always the defendant.. If the NFL had a strong factual position, they would have paid peanuts or nothing and they would want the world to know it. For the plaintiff, the calculus is different. Everything has a price. When you bring a suit for damages (ie money) that is the only yardstick. NDAs cost $, which means that the party who paid more than they wanted to has to pay even more to keep everyone from knowing how bad they got hit. Everyone knows this, so if you are a plaintiff who signed an NDA you know everyone knows you came out on top. If they had beaten you, you couldn't pay the defendant enough to keep them from bragging about it.

Reading through your post, I think back to that article that caused Jerry Richardson to settle all those lawsuits and have people sign NDAs...i agree with your post.. NDAs are done so one doesn't get paid their money and then turn right around and right a book about the case...

kesq

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And you don't want everyone thinking that you are an attractive defendant.

Last edited:

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Think of the marketing boost that the team that signs him is going to get. Remember Nike. Personally, I'm gonna have a harder time hating the Pats if they sign Kap.
I'm just thinking how racist Boston already is, this would probably send them into overdrive. They're gonna give that man hell.

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Unless it’s going over my head...how is this a victory? If a nigga give you 80 million to shut the fuck up that means whatever you know is worth more than twice that. So was this always the end game? Just to get paid?

a 4 billion+ League paid you about 80 million to pretty much shut the fuck up and not spill the beans...they also put a gag order how is this a victory?
Kap got paid for everything but the NFL took no L in this

He can't talk about the collusion which was obvious? He can still protest the police which is how this thing started. He basically sued for back pay and won.

Kap at that time was not worth 80 million good portion was for that gag order

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
a 4 billion+ League paid you about 80 million to pretty much shut the fuck up and not spill the beans...they also put a gag order how is this a victory?
Kap got paid for everything but the NFL took no L in this

Kap at that time was not worth 80 million good portion was for that gag order
Exactly.

People are idiots on here who think Kap won this case.

When in fact he took all kinds of L's.

He can't get the time back he lost from not playing.

Money can't buy that time back that he was wrongfully denied.

The NFL layed a big shit on him that he will never be able to clean up.

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor
Popovich: History will vindicate Kaepernick

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/...istory-will-vindicate-Kaepernick-13596284.php

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The Golden State Warriors welcomed a special visitor during and after Wednesday's game against the Spurs: Tommie Smith, the former Olympic sprinter who -- along with fellow Olympian John Carlos -- offered a powerful "black power" salute on the medal stand at the 1968 Mexico City games.

The salute has become an iconic moment in the history of the civil rights movement. Smith's appearance Wednesday echoed Carlos' visit with the Spurs in October 2015, at the behest of coach Gregg Popovich.

"Those are two special people for all the obvious reasons," Popovich said before Wednesday's game at Oracle Arena. "To speak truth to power, especially in '68, was pretty special. I can still remember watching that. It was quite dramatic at the time. They paid for it in a lot of different ways."

Popovich noted how public perception of Smith and Carlos changed over time. At the time, the duo was more or less blackballed from the U.S. sporting community.

"Now they're basically being lauded for their courage, which is appropriate," Popovich said. "Just like Muhammed Ali, everybody hated what he did in the beginning with Vietnam. So they're two very important figures in our social history and the history of justice in this country."

Asked if he believed former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick might one day experience a similar change in public perception, Popovich answered in the affirmative.

"He was very courageous in what he did," Popovich said. "He did it for the right reasons. I think the same story will unwind as time goes on."

Kaepernick began kneeling during the national anthem during the 2016 NFL preseason, as a means to protest what he believed to be an inequality in race relations in the country. He has been out of football since September 2017.

rNubb

Rising Star
Registered
Kaepernick pimped . . .

The NFL
Black People

His bank account probably is fattened by $100 million. Kaep got paid from Nike and the NFL while Black folks will still get shot down by the Cops and Jerry Jones will get even richer and richer.

Bamboozled.

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
Kaepernick pimped . . .

The NFL
Black People

His bank account probably is fattened by $100 million. Kaep got paid from Nike and the NFL while Black folks will still get shot down by the Cops and Jerry Jones will get even richer and richer.

Bamboozled.

Was the ACTUAL lawsuit about equality and race relations? Or was it about the NFL's attempt to keep him out of work.

Not sure how YOU were bamboozled since you lost nothing during his protest.

What more should he do? Donate the proceeds too?

P03t

Rising Star
OG Investor
Lmao.. police killing us is the absolute last thing we need to worry about concerning black safety.

If your main concern is the safety of blacks, come up with a solution that prevents these black youth from killing our own people at a 90% rate. I can live with the 5 racist cop killings per year... I cannot deal with the thousand blac on black murders yearly

:yes:

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor
Thanks to Kaep you gotta believe Roger Goodell bitch ass looking over all kinds of black applicants to hire in league positions :dance: