Breaking News Kaepernick Settles with NFL Drops Suit

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I disagree with the premise he has to say anything
And I completely disagree with the idea he has to give any of this money to any charity at fucking all

He spoke up on issues where others were scared to do so
He lost his ability to earn a living because of it
He recovered damages and lost wages
It's his money
Not charity money
Not anymore than you'd expect Aaron Rodgers to donate all his salary to a charity

Not to sidetrack

But bomani one of my favorites

And i wanted your critique of how he worded this.

He started off Kaep don't owe us anything but then said but he thinks people can still ask the question

What you make of that?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hate that big headed crakkka with all my heart and soul. I hate his grandparents.

bvAoTc.jpg

Well gawd damn it cuz

You swinging the sword of omens tonight

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I noticed that too, they're takin' more Ls than Cool J......

You know we as consumers have to be much more proactive.

I stopped listening to a lot of sports shows.

And i realize now its these white folks who tell us

just stop watching or listening go away we dont need you.

But if u tweet an advertiser or contact the network?

"Oh why you gotta make a big deal about it, just leave. You just want attention"

Thats the okey doke.

We NEED to do that MORE

Don't just stop listening or watching

Tell the advertisers networks etc

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

"Oh why you gotta make a big deal about it, just leave. You just want attention"

Thats the okey doke.

We NEED to do that MORE

I peep Bomani (his podcast) and his show High Noon, Nick Wright's show First Things First, Sometimes Shannon's Undisputed, sometimes..., & the Odd Couple with Chris Broussard & Rob Parker. I rotate what I peep.

Postalone

Reborn
Registered
"All the time you spend tryin to get back what's been took from you there's more goin out the door. After a while you just try and get a tourniquet on it." - No country for old Men.

For people who think Kap and Reid were in the drivers seat for this settlement or got high 8 figure money, think again. I'm sure they were told if you go all in it's gonna be expensive and years long. Appeals, judgment reductions, and no guarantee you're gonna prevail. I think Reid got around $25 mil. And Kap $60 mil. And NFL paid their court fees. This was a negotiation. Both sides had to give a little.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor

Thats the okey doke.

We NEED to do that MORE

Can only do so much when it's really the listeners man. Even if the hosts pretend to take the middle ground, they can have callers say shit for them. I don't even stress over the shit. The average sports fan is a white guy who is jealous of the athletes. No matter what the NFL and ESPN tries to tell us, that's the average TRUE fan. That's life.

Any time the Kap issues comes up, it's obvious how true that is. :smh: Same with when talk of paying college athletes comes about. Jealous white guys show their true colors.

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Only in America can a man raised by white people, stand up for Black people, get banned by white people, SUE, win using the laws and judicial system controlled by white people and yet somehow folks thinkshe was fake and only about the money.

This is a morally corrupt fucking country. We stand, we get criticized, we use the law to our benefit we are criticized, we peacefully protest we are ostracized.

Kaepernick is that dude in my book. Fuck the NFL, Fuck the players association, Fuck the 99.9% of the Black players that would not do shit to fight for themselves.

I wish I had family and friends like Eric Reid. That dude is a fucking RIDER!!!

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
"All the time you spend tryin to get back what's been took from you there's more goin out the door. After a while you just try and get a tourniquet on it." - No country for old Men.

For people who think Kap and Reid were in the drivers seat for this settlement or got high 8 figure money, think again. I'm sure they were told if you go all in it's gonna be expensive and years long. Appeals, judgment reductions, and no guarantee you're gonna prevail. I think Reid got around $25 mil. And Kap $60 mil. And NFL paid their court fees. This was a negotiation. Both sides had to give a little.
They would have won the case but with the appeals they probably would have never gotten paid. Players are still waiting on their CTE settlement money

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Unless it’s going over my head...how is this a victory? If a nigga give you 80 million to shut the fuck up that means whatever you know is worth more than twice that. So was this always the end game? Just to get paid?

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
Unless it’s going over my head...how is this a victory? If a nigga give you 80 million to shut the fuck up that means whatever you know is worth more than twice that. So was this always the end game? Just to get paid?

He can't talk about the collusion which was obvious? He can still protest the police which is how this thing started. He basically sued for back pay and won.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What do you think the purpose of a lawsuit is?

If your employer wrongly terminated you and blocked your subsequent employment and ability to earn a living, what would you sue for?

Those answers should clear up any confusion you may have young fella.

Teknique310

Rising Star
Registered
They could stretch it out in court. How much do you want to spend in lawyer fees?

He may have the time but does he have the funds?

Geragos one of the best in the game. He advised him of what is probably the best possible outcome

Geragos is a beast & when it came to the maximum dollar amount he advised Kap to make a deal. Because going to trial & laying everything on the table to win is one thing. But it could have severely affected the reward at the end.

The NFL didnt want the continuous negative headlines & media circus. While Geragos is advising Kap for max reward because I seriously doubt Kap had to put up much or any money for this highly visible & winnable case.

One of best in the business at what he does & if he was an athlete he'd have a Nike Air Geragos edition. Muthafuckin real gangsta.

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor
Ignorant

He got black balled for speaking about social justice not the NFL

He can't get silenced about the nfl cause that's not what or who he was talking about in the first place lol........

Kaepernick was protesting the violence and death Cacs commit cavalierly and premeditated— with the sanction of "the law"— perpetrated against Black bodies.

It is "White Supremacy" that has been in effect in America since 1619 in Jamestown Virginia when a FREE prosperous African farmer was stripped of his freedom and his property, which was then given to the King of England.

The police murders of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile are 21st century lynchings.

There is NO reciprocity with any other ethnic/ racial group in America, as it pertains to "white supremacy" directing violence and death against Black bodies. The only group in America who has experienced anything close to the centuries enduring barbarism, sadism and death of "white supremacy" are the so-called American Indians.

141204-rep-peter-king-no-indictment-necessary-in-eric-garner-homicide.jpg

11-30-strip-KOS.png

Black_Men_Killed_by_cop.JPG

tmw2015-01-07colorlarge.jpg

"Dred Scott" Lives

DredScott.jpg

Dred Scott

The Supreme Court DRED SCOTT decision of 1857 viewed all blacks as "beings of an inferior order, and altogether unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations, and so far inferior that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect."

Although the "Dred Scott" decision was erased by the 13th and 14th amendments to the U.S. constitution, legalized white supremacy continued via "Jim Crow" laws until 1965. Todays 21st century police departments, with the consent of white legislators apply "Dred Scott" rules when policing Black & Brown communities.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Not to sidetrack

But bomani one of my favorites

And i wanted your critique of how he worded this.

He started off Kaep don't owe us anything but then said but he thinks people can still ask the question

What you make of that?

They can ask and his answer about social injustice is the same

Find me something that he said about the NFL directly

His fight was police brutality and the anthem and poor people
Not the NFL
The NFL got sued for colluding and denying him an opportunity to earn a living
He wasn't suing the NFL for the anthem protest or their labor contracts or anything to do with them

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Kaepernick was protesting the violence and death Cacs commit cavalierly and premeditated— with the sanction of "the law"— perpetrated against Black bodies.

It is "White Supremacy" that has been in effect in America since 1619 in Jamestown Virginia when a FREE prosperous African farmer was stripped of his freedom and his property, which was then given to the King of England.

The police murders of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile are 21st century lynchings.

There is NO reciprocity with any other ethnic/ racial group in America, as it pertains to "white supremacy" directing violence and death against Black bodies. The only group in America who has experienced anything close to the centuries enduring barbarism, sadism and death of "white supremacy" are the so-called American Indians.

141204-rep-peter-king-no-indictment-necessary-in-eric-garner-homicide.jpg

11-30-strip-KOS.png

Black_Men_Killed_by_cop.JPG

tmw2015-01-07colorlarge.jpg

"Dred Scott" Lives

DredScott.jpg

Dred Scott

The Supreme Court DRED SCOTT decision of 1857 viewed all blacks as "beings of an inferior order, and altogether unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations, and so far inferior that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect."

Although the "Dred Scott" decision was erased by the 13th and 14th amendments to the U.S. constitution, legalized white supremacy continued via "Jim Crow" laws until 1965. Todays 21st century police departments, with the consent of white legislators apply "Dred Scott" rules when policing Black & Brown communities.

I am very aware of all that you posted

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
So let’s say he gets back in the league do you he still takes a knee

He already said he wasn't
He said originally he was taking a knee to bring awareness to the issue
2 years later everyone has talked about it from children to the president
So people can try and move the goal post if they want to he stated his intentions from the beginning and not only met but exceeded his stated intentions

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Let’s face it, Kaep is going to get killed for this move. Is there that much of a difference between this and what the brothers at Starbucks did besides the dollar amount?

The initial protest was admirable but he’s proven that he is no Ali.

Make your statement make sense please

He sued them because they denied him a job
The outcome was going to be money lol
Y'all not making a lick of sense
Ali was held out and then they let him back in and he was able to earn a living doing what he was skilled at doing

Kap was held out and he still hasn't been let in but he absolutely fought the NFL and won

So Kap is a loser and is going to take a hit for standing up and saying hey you bitches not giving me a job and you dead wrong ?

Was he supposed to cry about it on social media so then people can say stop crying or depending on the white man to give you or start your own league and all the other these if you buy a pair of Jordan's you can start a business bullshit ass niggas say?

Or was he sippsupp to be silent and Sue them and beat them?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

See man
80m to shut up about what?
Cause he wasn't fighting the NFL
He wasn't fighting for the players association or cte or any of that shit
He can talk about the same shit he was talking about before the suit and what he was talking about during the suit
The NFL paid him because they owed him

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
See man
80m to shut up about what?
Cause he wasn't fighting the NFL
He wasn't fighting for the players association or cte or any of that shit
He can talk about the same shit he was talking about before the suit and what he was talking about during the suit
The NFL paid him because they owed him
Can’t really have this debate with you becsuse your like his biggest fan on the board respectfully

But let’s just say it comes out they partnodnhis stettlements NDA was no more protesting or any sort

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He already said he wasn't
He said originally he was taking a knee to bring awareness to the issue
2 years later everyone has talked about it from children to the president
So people can try and move the goal post if they want to he stated his intentions from the beginning and not only met but exceeded his stated intentions
It is intentional diversion. He takes a knee to protest about racial injustice and then it becomes somehow about the military, then the nfl is the enemy; all the while, racial injustice continues and is being ignored.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
What Kap has done for the movement speaks louder than any prayer or tweet out there. Putting your livelihood and status on the line for the bigger picture and coming out on top is a feat that is far removed in today's society.

The fight is far from over but the awareness he's brought to the everyday struggle is unmatched today.

You can place this young man next to Ali, King, X, Garvey and the rest and not miss a beat.