Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, lets watch it through closing. If the dip near closing is greater than 5%, we are out and we will start over tomorrow. We always want to secure our profits. I'm not sure how much you are up, but think of it like this. Multiply how much you are up by 253, which is the number of trading days. This could be your average annual yield. We are not trying to get rich off of one big trade. We are will get rich off of a bunch of safe small to medium trades.
This will go on my vision board. Good shit bruh

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
made a bone head mistake last week and sold off 175 shares of MARA chasing Kodak. And before I could sell off Kodak and buy Mara back Robinhood flagged me for day trading. I Wanted to go kick a puppy or an white person.
Having a day trade is no big deal. You just can't do more than 3. So, don't look at it as a bad thing. Its more of a use it sparingly thing.

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah if thats the case, just use the actual cash you have available. You can still do alot of trading with $1000 - $5000 in your account.

The rule is necessary though, whether we like or not.
Still wanting to move in options. Trying to learn it.

dolemite73

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah if thats the case, just use the actual cash you have available. You can still do alot of trading with $1000 - $5000 in your account.

The rule is necessary though, whether we like or not.
I know with my platform, Tradestation, if you have $2,000 in your account, you can trade with $8,000 in margin. As long as you are careful and not get hit with a margin call, having that extra bread at hand can do a lot to build your account.

Efkie

International
International Member
I avoid a day trades by opening my option spreads 1 hour before closing, so that I can close the trade the next day whenever I want to.
If the underlying moves in the wrong direction I could get in serious trouble, so this way has it's drawbacks

But it worked in my favor yesterday when I entered my 3310/3305 Aug07 SPX put spread

hottmixx

Gutta Queen Super Star***
BGOL Investor
I made a little cheese on MARA this week. I’m holding a position in it now. Hopefully the weekend will be good to bitcoin. I have bitcoin as well so I’m getting paid off both. Rode OPGN this morning and made a little change. I just knew it was gonna hit 5 but I got out at 4.10 right before it started to drop. I didn’t have but 2000 in my E*TRADE to put in but I am not complaining. I used all my settled cash in Webull riding RKT from 23 to 26 this morning so I’ve had a good day. I had a few margaritas last night and planned on taking a personal day at work until my bosses son called me needing me to go into the office for his dad to sign some papers and me to scan them and email them back. I was there for 15-20 minutes and my doctor told me to put a whole day on my payroll. So I’m done for the day and day drinking. Hope everyone makes tons of money this afternoon!

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I made a little cheese on MARA this week. I’m holding a position in it now. Hopefully the weekend will be good to bitcoin. I have bitcoin as well so I’m getting paid off both. Rode OPGN this morning and made a little change. I just knew it was gonna hit 5 but I got out at 4.10 right before it started to drop. I didn’t have but 2000 in my E*TRADE to put in but I am not complaining. I used all my settled cash in Webull riding RKT from 23 to 26 this morning so I’ve had a good day. I had a few margaritas last night and planned on taking a personal day at work until my bosses son called me needing me to go into the office for his dad to sign some papers and me to scan them and email them back. I was there for 15-20 minutes and my doctor told me to put a whole day on my payroll. So I’m done for the day and day drinking. Hope everyone makes tons of money this afternoon!

lmbaaao... You're doin work, good job :cheers:

hottmixx

BGOL Investor
lmbaaao... You're doin work, good job :cheers:
I have to. I’m single. I have a 15 year old. And I don’t like asking nobody for nothing lol. I don’t understand women who can ask for money. It feels like charity to me. You might as well be on the corner with a cup and a sign begging lol

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MARA been killin it lately......RIOT as well.
If you're still in those.......stay.
$MARA balance sheet is awful. Offering (yes another one) is imminent.

agree with $RIOT.

plenty of OTC stocks focused on BTC and blockchain that can make people a King’s ransom. :yes:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
61% return on my shares so far with MARA. That was a good call.
Yep, @Coldchi won the BGOL trader of the month award for July.

I told you brothas when I bumped this thread back in February that it had the potential to make 2017 crypto money in half the time.

congrats to all that have prospered and thanks to all that have participated...

because once that economy crashes, you’ll need the extra cushion. Democrats trying to put the final nail in the coffin with a $3 TRILLION stimulus. :smh:

hottmixx

BGOL Investor

agree with $RIOT.

plenty of OTC stocks focused on BTC and blockchain that can make people a King’s ransom. :yes:
You’re scaring me with that one. Are you saying I should get out of MARA? And what would be your pick for an alternative?

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

agree with $RIOT.

OK... outside of $MARA and $RIOT, what else should we be looking at that rides with BTC? and thanks in advance

hottmixx

BGOL Investor
DPW, NETE, NXTD
Yeah MARA is tanking today. I’m an official bag holder. But bitcoin is down today so I’m going to wait it out over the weekend. Bitcoin is only going up from here slow and steady. To many people trying to offset inflation before it happens and it IS happening. Bitcoin is like gold for millennials. I find it so amusing how so many people can be in denial about the amount of money the feds are printing and the eventual consequence it will have on the dollar. Gold went over 2000 this week yet I see so many articles being published discouraging people from buying it telling people that the opposite of what’s happening is happening. Misinformation is a powerful tool against the uneducated. And thanks!

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I have to. I’m single. I have a 15 year old. And I don’t like asking nobody for nothing lol. I don’t understand women who can ask for money. It feels like charity to me. You might as well be on the corner with a cup and a sign begging lol

tenor.gif

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You’re scaring me with that one. Are you saying I should get out of MARA? And what would be your pick for an alternative?
Me personally, I would be short if anything. They will have to raise money and no better time to do it than with all eyes on BTC.

it may have one last run up if the stimulus is passed but it will ultimately go back to the $2s short term.

I don’t recommend long term holds with any cryptos because it is so positively correlated that you can lose a lot overnight with one BTC dip.

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just by the way....Anyone who got into XRP early. I'm on offloading it in 3-5 years. I don't see any viable way of doing so. Only way i found is exchanging to bitcoins but i don't see how i can cash out bitcoins if i live in NY.

Also, for those who haven't gotten on the train already. Buy XRP today. It's 0.28. It won't hurt your pockets. XRP will be the baby bitcoin by 2025. I just need it to get to at least $50.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
OK... outside of $MARA and $RIOT, what else should we be looking at that rides with BTC? and thanks in advance
Honestly brotha, I think BTC is the best investment for BTC stocks (although it isn’t a stock) If you want to invest in stocks tied to commodities look at those like $JNUG and $NUGT. (Bullish gold)

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
The FOXA play is still good. Remember, if it drops 10% sell.

Do not pay more than 1.05 - 1.10 per contract.

When you see your profit later today or tomorrow, sell. We may have to hold until Monday. I will upday before end of day today.

Did everyone (anyone) already release or holding until Monday?

hottmixx

BGOL Investor
Me personally, I would be short if anything. They will have to raise money and no better time to do it than with all eyes on BTC.

it may have one last run up if the stimulus is passed but it will ultimately go back to the $2s short term.

I don’t recommend long term holds with any cryptos because it is so positively correlated that you can lose a lot overnight with one BTC dip.
Thanks. I’ve been shorting it all week but I made an impulse buy today and got in the red and just being stubborn decided to hold. I’m going to wait and see what it does after market and take your advise and jump out. The biggest hurdle I’m overcoming in trading is learning how to control my emotions and impulses. Those stocks and numbers don’t give a fuck about your emotions and will eat you alive lol

hottmixx

BGOL Investor
Just by the way....Anyone who got into XRP early. I'm on offloading it in 3-5 years. I don't see any viable way of doing so. Only way i found is exchanging to bitcoins but i don't see how i can cash out bitcoins if i live in NY.

Also, for those who haven't gotten on the train already. Buy XRP today. It's 0.28. It won't hurt your pockets. XRP will be the baby bitcoin by 2025. I just need it to get to at least $50.
I bought like 80 dollars worth of XRP on kraken when it first came out. I haven’t checked that account in years. I think I need to get on that...

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

Hang on until next week. The same for those who did sell $MSFT yesterday. Wait until next week. This is the reason why we grab long call expiration dates.

We will be good brothers. I'm still in this trade with ya.

:lol: all good. I'm not panicking, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one tryna hold. I thought ya'll left me for green pastures..

dolemite73

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Thanks. I’ve been shorting it all week but I made an impulse buy today and got in the red and just being stubborn decided to hold. I’m going to wait and see what it does after market and take your advise and jump out. The biggest hurdle I’m overcoming in trading is learning how to control my emotions and impulses. Those stocks and numbers don’t give a fuck about your emotions and will eat you alive lol
Risk Management, Emotions and technical analysis (knowing where the buyers and sellers are). For me, those are the 3 most important things to have down cold in this game.