Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am on the NIO train!
It’s about to go down! NIO Broke through $14 and now at $14.18. Feel like if Nikola has solid earnings it will lift whole EV sector even more.

TRVN on fire, might pullback some so lookout for a dip if you want to get in. Still a few more days before FDA verdict but get rid of it before Friday. It’s been getting 20% some days so could be a quick day or swing trade.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
And

Yep, and MSFT shot up. Tomorrow's play would be to grab a call order with $220 strike price with an Expiration in September.

Sell when you see your profit in a few hours or the next day. Do not hold this contract for too long.
Hold off on the $220 MSFT call option. There has been a selloff during the premarket. It may be possible to get it at $210 which would be the lick.

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
It’s about to go down! NIO Broke through $14 and now at $14.18. Feel like if Nikola has solid earnings it will lift whole EV sector even more.

TRVN on fire, might pullback some so lookout for a dip if you want to get in. Still a few more days before FDA verdict but get rid of it before Friday. It’s been getting 20% some days so could be a quick day or swing trade.
Wait should i sell nio now while im ahead?

dolemite73

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

NIO hitting $16 today? Don't see much resistance up until that price point.

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s a great question, I thought someone else stated to hold possibly long term, they are on a trajectory to blow like TSLA or amazon. The best advice I read was to take some of your winnings and move on, but leave some shares for future pumping. My plan is to let it be and add more capital for future positions.

dolemite73

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
That’s a great question, I thought someone else stated to hold possibly long term, they are on a trajectory to blow like TSLA or amazon. The best advice I read was to take some of your winnings and move on, but leave some shares for future pumping. My plan is to let it be and add more capital for future positions.
That's exactly what I am doing but also insuring I do a trailing stop in case sellers come in strong. No need to risk profit unnecessarily.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

On you man. Never feel bad about taking profits. This shit about to come through smoking though. Got alot of hype now between it being on more news alerts and Nikola earnings AH. See what the RH team do from 9-9:30 and use that as a guide. I am holding til Friday, possibly Monday if the numbers are still going up.

NIO hitting $16 today? Don't see much resistance up until that price point.

I think it will hit a new high this week. If it passes $15 today which seems likely with the volume it has then we may start to see a real short squeeze today or tomorrow. Price action will be somewhat choppy all the way to $16 because a lot of folks want to get out even from last month's all time high.

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

My plan is to take out 2/3 of my shares and let the last ride through earnings

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
...I'm holding and building my shares long term, but gonna off load this call option if I see $15. Dunno know if I want to get too greedy looking for 16..
Serious profit taking (manipulation really) at opening but I am trying to unload this PUT option today. I never noticed how people will dump shares way below market price just trying to keep price action down.

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hopped out of TRVN and LPCN with 28% and 8% profit respectively. They are still going up but I didn't want to hold through tomorrow's earnings for both. Will likely get back in after reaction (assume both will be negative since they are pending FDA Approval). Looking at my trading journal i do well on biotech plays so need to increase those.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NIO got held down but still closed higher than yesterday on a down day. Will probably gap up again tomorrow so will be interesting to see how many low / short sellers are left at market open.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
NIO got held down but still closed higher than yesterday on a down day. Will probably gap up again tomorrow so will be interesting to see how many low / short sellers are left at market open.

Yea main. I feel like I'm learning a lot about the ebs and flows... I'm not too deep into the technical analysis, but I've been watching the chart and volume during the day the past few weeks. Only thing I'm a little cautious of is letting too much time pass before cashing out (the option).

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea main. I feel like I'm learning a lot about the ebs and flows... I'm not too deep into the technical analysis, but I've been watching the chart and volume during the day the past few weeks. Only thing I'm a little cautious of is letting too much time pass before cashing out (the option).
I feel you. You’re in the money right now nothing wrong with taking the cash and running. Never know how the next couple days go. I sold a PUT option so time is on my side but I still don’t want to test holding through earnings.

I’m learning a lot about playing earnings and have been on both ends already. The hype is usually priced in especially if it goes to a new high on the run up. My experience so far is when it goes your way it’s cool and you get some decent profit but most people expected the result. When it goes the other way it seems to go way off the rails fast. Playing run up until earnings is way safer.

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MARK might be a legit play as they are supposed to announce earnings date soon and lots of people expect a blowout 2Q. Heard it’s sometime next week. Purely spec play right now but it’s gone up from $1.45 to $1.65 just off this rumor. Think that’s what sparked the options movement as well.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
AMD was the play of the day. It should be good for one more day before the selloff.

Disney is announcing earnings this afternoon, look for the dip.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
AMD was the play of the day. It should be good for one more day before the selloff.

Disney is announcing earnings this afternoon, look for the dip.

Both AMD and DIS are my long term holds. DIS AH is up nicely. Missed revenue but I heard EPS beat. Plus 100+ million subscribers to Disney plus.

AMD... Sky's the limit. But if it hits $100/share I'll probably sell half my position. Then again, may hold on. The outlook should be good until Intel makes noise, which is probably not happening this year. (or next, hopefully).

*****Edit***
100+MM subscribers across Hulu, Disney+ and ESPN+. Also, not sure about that EPS beat. Looks like the site I was using got updated.

Nope, EPS beat. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/04/disney-dis-q3-2020-earnings.html

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I feel you. You’re in the money right now nothing wrong with taking the cash and running. Never know how the next couple days go. I sold a PUT option so time is on my side but I still don’t want to test holding through earnings.

I’m learning a lot about playing earnings and have been on both ends already. The hype is usually priced in especially if it goes to a new high on the run up. My experience so far is when it goes your way it’s cool and you get some decent profit but most people expected the result. When it goes the other way it seems to go way off the rails fast. Playing run up until earnings is way safer.

Yup I almost pulled the trigger this morning but decided to continue to ride the wave a little longer. I hope I'm not delusional. I don't think I'll have the nerve to hold past $14 or so again though..

Totally agree with your view on profiting vs things going the other way. And now that we peeped the earnings season game that's a huge strategy to build a game plan around going forward. I still think its wild how much hype and emotions play a part in buying, selling etc. And FOMO. It might just be me but I feel like I'm already beginning to see trends after doing research. Ex. Finding out some news early, seeing the AH action, the early birds getting in, shit dipping, then the FOMO crowds jumping in and bumping it back up...sometimes seeing support building. It's not just numbers on the screen the psychology and research behind some of this shet is fascinating..

althes

Rising Star
OG Investor
DIS about to run, never bet against the mouse.
Mulan on disney+ and for 29.99 on Sep 4th which is basically for the labor day holiday.
That is going to make so much money for the mouse.

baboss2212

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Tried to buy some silver and gold bars from APMEX....they told me they're not taking orders under $299

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It might just be me but I feel like I'm already beginning to see trends after doing research. Ex. Finding out some news early, seeing the AH action, the early birds getting in, shit dipping, then the FOMO crowds jumping in and bumping it back up...sometimes seeing support building. It's not just numbers on the screen the psychology and research behind some of this shet is fascinating..

I’m with you fam! I’ve been digesting content but the day to day experiences, mistakes, daily market watching, staring at charts, talking on here sharing ideas etc. has really accelerated my knowledge and comfort in the game.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MARK announced earnings report date for 2Q for Aug 14th after market closes. Shit company but high expectations given they supposedly signed lots of contracts in 2Q. Should see a run up to next Friday. Options started to spike a week earlier so nice signal on this one.