Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
My racehorse TDOC just dropped 20% on news of a merger.
Still up 75% from when I bought
So I’ll prob buy more now

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Back in on TRVN as people got confused on the Earnings report date. Oh and NIO running! Power hour should be interesting

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Back in on TRVN as people got confused on the Earnings report date. Oh and NIO running! Power hour should be interesting

...I unloaded the NIO option @ $14 for a $50 profit. Not bad imo. Def a learning experience I needed to go thru in order to make bigger moves down the road.

Like @Tito_Jackson said: great for additional income.

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
...I unloaded the NIO option @ $14 for a $50 profit. Not bad imo. Def a learning experience I needed to go thru in order to make bigger moves down the road.

Like @Tito_Jackson said: great for additional income.
Dope! Congrats! Tito be swimming with the sharks. My little account can’t handle those MSFT calls yet.

I just bought a call for MARK. This the first straight call I’ve bought since I got my lunch ate with PETS. I went a lot smaller this time. Hoping this go better

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Dope! Congrats! Tito be swimming with the sharks. My little account can’t handle those MSFT calls yet.

I just bought a call for MARK. This the first straight call I’ve bought since I got my lunch ate with PETS. I went a lot smaller this time. Hoping this go better

Thanks for the support along the way, it helped.

..and for the heads up on $MARK. I did the same since these are the typa "penny options" I'm tryna play with and build my sand castle a few grains at a time. Went with the Sept 18 $2 call.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

Lol! It took alot of time and patience. Most of all I had to really change the way I thought about miney emotionally. Once you get disciplined enough to get out everytime at a 10% loss, putting up $1000 doesn't seem as scary because you are really only risking $100.

Nonetheless, stay at guys. You are definitely on the right path. By the end of the year, yall are going to be pros.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
OK, here is your chance to stick it to the man. Fox Corp, home of Fox News dropped 7% because one of their head guys left to go to WWE. They will have a bounce back tomorrow. If the stock hasn't bounced back during AH today or PM tomorrow, grab as many call options as you can afford. Here is my play:

Call option with $25 strike price with September 4th expiration. Do not pay more than $1.05 per contract. So your total will be no more than $105.00 per order. I will be grabbing 10 or 15. So, my total will be $1050. If you can, do the same. As soon as the price shoots up sell all of your contracts. Do not hold. Fox is volatile. In this instance we know the catalyst. This will be considered a day trade for most of you, but don't worry, you get 3 every 5 days.

I will post here at 9:15am to confirm that the play is still a go.

Good luck!!!

Edit:

Remember, do not be emotional with this play. Follow the rules. Sell by end of the day, at the latest by Friday closing. In the event the stock doesn't rise and it goes south, sell when you see a 10% reduction, this way the most you will lose is $10.50 per order. For me it will be a max loss of $105.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
OK, here is your chance to stick it to the man. Fox Corp, home of Fox News dropped 7% because one of their head guys left to go to WWE. They will have a bounce back tomorrow. If the stock hasn't bounced back during AH today or PM tomorrow, grab as many call options as you can afford. Here is my play:

Call option with $25 strike price with September 4th expiration. Do not pay more than $1.05 per contract. So your total will be no more than $105.00 per order. I will be grabbing 10 or 15. So, my total will be $1050. If you can, do the same. As soon as the price shoots up sell all of your contracts. Do not hold. Fox is volatile. In this instance we know the catalyst. This will be considered a day trade for most of you, but don't worry, you get 3 every 5 days.

Good luck!!!

Edit:

Remember, do not be emotional with this play. Follow the rules. Sell by end of the day, at the latest by Friday closing. In the event the stock doesn't rise and it goes south, sell when you see a 10% reduction, this way the most you will lose is $10.50 per order. For me it will be a max loss of $105.

It's on. Thanks for this. I'll be checking back in the mornin..

yasky777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Good luck!!!

Edit:

I’m still on Robinhood and have no clue how to purchase an option but this price is my speed.I’ll google how to do so.
Edit:
Just googled how to do this, if I buy 1 order, what’s the max I could make?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I’m still on Robinhood and have no clue how to purchase an option but this price is my speed.I’ll google how to do so.
Edit:
You can't buy after hours.

You can place the order but it won't execute until opening bell at 9:30am

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
im swinging BIOC, PEIX, PHUN and HMHC
been holding on to these since last week.....slow grinding on the way up

i also got 3,000 shares of ZN, and will probably keep adding between 500-1000 shares a week.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Edit:
Technically profit is unlimited since prices can go as high as possible. Generally, $100 per $1 increase in the money plus whatever extrinsic value is left (per contract bought). Need to see what’s the likely increase expected in the stock price in the next couple days.

darius_janus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
im swinging BIOC, PEIX, PHUN and HMHC
been holding on to these since last week.....slow grinding on the way up

i also got 3,000 shares of ZN, and will probably keep adding between 500-1000 shares a week.

Is this a long and hold play for you?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Are you still sticking with the "Do not pay more than $105" credo?
Yep. Be patient, it will get there. Put in the order, put your price as $1.05, and send and wait. It will get filled at some point this morning.

I would even try $1.00.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Yep. Be patient, it will get there. Put in the order, put your price as $1.05, and send and wait. It will get filled at some point this morning.

That's what I did. Thanks for the heads up...EDIT: as I was typing this the order went through for $105 :cheers:

DeterminedSmoggyBass-max-1mb.gif

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is this a long and hold play for you?
i spent around $2,500 last month on ZN......it was around .19 - .20 then. secured 12,500 shares.
since then i've added about 2,000 more. eventually the oil and gas companies and gonna do a full reversal when the economy is back at full steam.
ZN will only need to get to $4 or $5, but i have a feeling it will do a lot more than that. I'm trying to reap a 6 figure return on this investment and not spend more than $5k.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What methods are you using and why?

Options?
Forex?
Traditional buy low/sell high?

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
What methods are you using and why?

Options?
Forex?
Traditional buy low/sell low?

1. M1 IRA (Nest egg - 4 Vanguard ETFs and 1 "Aggressive Growth Fund" that I created containing TSLA, AMD & ARKF. Doing Monthly deposits)

2. M1 Brokerage (long term investing, mix of value, growth stocks and ETFs - recently cut it down to under 20 holdings so I'm not spreading my monthly deposits too thin)

3. eTrade (small account to play with, but hopefully grow with "house money" while I learn to swing trade, trade options and learn trends)

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hold off on the $220 MSFT call option. There has been a selloff during the premarket. It may be possible to get it at $210 which would be the lick.
Microsoft is starting to climb, is it safe to see what happens AH and PM before I cash in my options? or should I take what I can get?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Lol!! I'm actually looking at that right now. My gut says to cash out before closing or when I see the stabilization this afternoon. We can always buy the dip again tomorrow. There is always a dip. We just have to be patient and wait for it.

When did you purchase the options?

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
(this morning @$1.05)Sorry that was FOX... Aug 4th with a 9/4 sell
Yeah, lets watch it through closing. If the dip near closing is greater than 5%, we are out and we will start over tomorrow. We always want to secure our profits. I'm not sure how much you are up, but think of it like this. Multiply how much you are up by 253, which is the number of trading days. This could be your average annual yield. We are not trying to get rich off of one big trade. We are will get rich off of a bunch of safe small to medium trades.

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah, lets watch it through closing. If the dip near closing is greater than 5%, we are out and we will start over tomorrow. We always want to secure our profits. I'm not sure how much you are up, but think of it like this. Multiply how much you are up by 253, which is the number of trading days. This could be your average annual yield. We are not trying to get rich off of one big trade. We are will get rich off of a bunch of safe small to medium trades.
I got you BigDAWG.... Thanks

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1. M1 IRA (Nest egg - 4 Vanguard ETFs and 1 "Aggressive Growth Fund" that I created containing TSLA, AMD & ARKF. Doing Monthly deposits)

2. M1 Brokerage (long term investing, mix of value, growth stocks and ETFs - recently cut it down to under 20 holdings so I'm not spreading my monthly deposits too thin)

3. eTrade (small account to play with, but hopefully grow with "house money" while I learn to swing trade, trade options and learn trends)

Thanks for answering this @Madrox

For some of us that are new to the thread and investing it's not always clear what methods is being used when suggestions are being given.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Thanks for answering this @Madrox

For some of us that are new to the thread and investing it's not always clear what methods is being used when suggestions are being given.

Most of the suggestions in the thread are for #3 though.. but ppls strategies vary even in regards to short term flips..