Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Was I the only person who was somewhat disappointed with the 3rd season of Baki. Its never been the best written story and of course it is over the top at times, but I didn't get the point of hyping up Ali jr. only to have the storyline end in that manner.

Not to mention the whole issue with Baki recovering from the poison. Maybe I missed something but I thought or it was maybe implied that Baki was entering the tournament to get a cure for the poison. The way Baki is saved seemed to be by coincidence and not really planned so why did he need to enter the tournament?

Maybe the manga explains the issues I have with this season better.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Was I the only person who was somewhat disappointed with the 3rd season of Baki. Its never been the best written story and of course it is over the top at times, but I didn't get the point of hyping up Ali jr. only to have the storyline end in that manner.

Not to mention the whole issue with Baki recovering from the poison. Maybe I missed something but I thought or it was maybe implied that Baki was entering the tournament to get a cure for the poison. The way Baki is saved seemed to be by coincidence and not really planned so why did he need to enter the tournament?

baki has always made little sense and had a swiss chesse paper thin plot.

hajime no ippo is far superior.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

I actually fucking loved the Third Season of Baki.

The ALI Jr stuff was the same in the comics..

Muhammad Ali Jr.

latest

EDIT

HistoryEdit
The son of the famous boxer Muhammad Ali. He possesses some of the fastest reflexes and has destructive power in his punches. He participated in the Chinese tournament alongside the Japanese/American team. During the tournament he showcased his amazing abilities as a fighter. He claims to have perfected a martial art that only involves punches. After the tournament he challenged Baki's friends to provoke Baki himself. He easily defeated Gouki in match (Gouki didn't take it as a life or death fight) and slightly struggled against Doppo Orochi (he wasn't taking Ali seriously, and Ali dominated in their match), but is then beaten senseless by Jack Hammer who never really shows mercy in any fights unlike Doppo and Gouki. He is then seriously injured and totally defeated by Doppo and Gouki in fights in which they do not hold back against Ali Jr. Despite this, he still challenges Baki to a fight in the Korakuen Underground arena, believing that his strength and style is better. However he has one major weakness: unlike every other fighter who has faced Baki, he was not prepared to face the possibility of his own death in the fight, which goes back to his losses against Gouki and Doppo in the second matches he had against them. He loses to Baki without landing a single hit, and Baki almost kills him before Ali Sr. jumps into the ring and stops him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I actually fucking loved the Third Season of Baki.

The ALI Jr stuff was the same in the comics..

Muhammad Ali Jr.
latest

EDIT

HistoryEdit
The son of the famous boxer Muhammad Ali. He possesses some of the fastest reflexes and has destructive power in his punches. He participated in the Chinese tournament alongside the Japanese/American team. During the tournament he showcased his amazing abilities as a fighter. He claims to have perfected a martial art that only involves punches. After the tournament he challenged Baki's friends to provoke Baki himself. He easily defeated Gouki in match (Gouki didn't take it as a life or death fight) and slightly struggled against Doppo Orochi (he wasn't taking Ali seriously, and Ali dominated in their match), but is then beaten senseless by Jack Hammer who never really shows mercy in any fights unlike Doppo and Gouki. He is then seriously injured and totally defeated by Doppo and Gouki in fights in which they do not hold back against Ali Jr. Despite this, he still challenges Baki to a fight in the Korakuen Underground arena, believing that his strength and style is better. However he has one major weakness: unlike every other fighter who has faced Baki, he was not prepared to face the possibility of his own death in the fight, which goes back to his losses against Gouki and Doppo in the second matches he had against them. He loses to Baki without landing a single hit, and Baki almost kills him before Ali Sr. jumps into the ring and stops him.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If nothing critical was removed from the anime story then the season losses more points. Again Ali jr wasn't just a random character. He was being hyped from the time they showed him as a kid.

It wasn't like Ali jr was living off of the name of Ali. Jr. Built up his own reputation and seemed to be respected on his own merit. If they had given the impression that Jr. only competed in sport fighting events, I could understand, but it's not really made clear what his background is. Because it was mentioned that Ali was developing his on style of boxing, I'm assuming Ali jr was not just a traditional boxer and fought against other styles before his introduction to the series. Now this doesn't necessarily mean these fights were death matches like Baki, but I dont recall it being mentioned that Jr. Only competed in regulated fights. It's kind of implied that he had natural talent for fighting so this could also explain the difference between him and Baki, but it's never out right said that Jr. didn't take his training seriously and didn't work hard to develop his skills. At least not that I recall.

I'll need to rewatch, but I'm also not buying Dopo not taking a fight seriously especially given that he didn't have a relationship with Jr. prior to their initial meeting. This is a guy that continued to fight after his hand got cut off, yet we are expected to believe he just allowed himself to lose a street fight that he clearly could have won based on the second fight. To be fair, I'm not sure if Jr. Loss is due to his injuries and pride not to take the fight or Dopo being more serious and a better fighter.

Losing the three fights would make more sense had Jr. gave Baki a little bit of a fight. Unfortunately Baki was shown to be way beyond Jr.. the point of the three fights and lecture from Ali should have been to get Jr. mentally ready for Baki. Then to make the lose even worse they have him break down and cry after losing. Supposedly he doesn't show up in the series again so it's like he gave up on fighting which I don't recall has ever happened in the series. Jr. went from being a friendly rivalry for Baki to potentially the weakest fighter of the series as far as the top tier characters go.

Plus it's not like Baki is know for its great writing, so now in being given ok/bad writing and no great fight to make up for it with Baki vs Jr. LLS

rrebelrrabbi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bali is coo, but Kenshen Amura (also on Netflix btw) is like a grown up version of Baki, like baki without a'll the love story shit. Just as beautiful and over the top, and a little darker, with more fightin, yes, more fighting

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Last season, for SAO..

Apparently, part one came out earlier this year. This fucking pandemic got me missing shit I'm usually on top of...