Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Season 2 of That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime comes out next year..The show is really good,Im looking forward to season 2

Im currently watching Blood+ again,so I can see Blood C.

Count23

International
International Member
Blood c isn’t as good as Blood+

Blood+ was perfect
Never watched Blood C, is it connected to +, or is it an alternate timeline like the OVA was?
Is Dr. Stone really good? I saw the trailer / previews and it just didn’t grab me. Seemed like it would be slow. Happy to be wrong just curious.
Been reading the manga since last year and glad to see it get an adaptation. It's a fun series. It never felt slow to me, but I've seen others say that the first arc feels a bit slow to them, especially when compared to the later ones. The anime is just coming out of the first one as of next week, so give it a shot and come to your own conclusion.
Holy fucking shit.... has everyone seen the new ep of demon slayer? This Show is fucking amazing
Yea, Tanjiro is a monster.:yes:
I haven't read One Piece in 5 years and Im still all the way at the beginning of the Skypiea arc in the anime...
One Piece is my favorite manga. IMO it's mostly fun to consume in chunks and not really week to week. The anime is usually good and it is fun as hell to marathon all those episodes when first watching it, but after catching up and switching to the manga, it gets annoying to watch at times because they stretch and pad the fuck out of scenes. I wish they'd do something similar to what they did with my hero academia and take seasonal breaks, so that they don't have unnecessary filler, but i guess WSJ ain having it.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Never watched Blood C, is it connected to +, or is it an alternate timeline like the OVA was?

Been reading the manga since last year and glad to see it get an adaptation. It's a fun series. It never felt slow to me, but I've seen others say that the first arc feels a bit slow to them, especially when compared to the later ones. The anime is just coming out of the first one as of next week, so give it a shot and come to your own conclusion.

Yea, Tanjiro is a monster.:yes:

One Piece is my favorite manga. IMO it's mostly fun to consume in chunks and not really week to week. The anime is usually good and it is fun as hell to marathon all those episodes when first watching it, but after catching up and switching to the manga, it gets annoying to watch at times because they stretch and pad the fuck out of scenes. I wish they'd do something similar to what they did with my hero academia and take seasonal breaks, so that they don't have unnecessary filler, but i guess WSJ ain having it.

That's the thing I hated about Naruto,especially the first part. It had 2 years of anime filler. It was so bad I fell asleep on most of them. I don't understand,why, when Shippuden started,it had fillers when the anime was way behind the manga.

I like,how some studios are like fuck fillers and take a break til the manga gets way ahead.

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
Ehhhh I'm waiting on the heavy hitters to drop next year if they're still coming:
Blade Runner
Pacific Rim
Altered Carbon
and of course the new Ghost In The Shell
Also the new AKIRA sequel series

Count23

International
International Member
That's the thing I hated about Naruto,especially the first part. It had 2 years of anime filler. It was so bad I fell asleep on most of them. I don't understand,why, when Shippuden started,it had fillers when the anime was way behind the manga.

I like,how some studios are like fuck fillers and take a break til the manga gets way ahead.
Yea I've heard about the two year filler shit with Naruto:giggle:. That's taking it to the extreme. My guess in why they won't allow extended breaks for the anime is because OP is basically carrying WSJ on its back, and they don't want a sliver of a chance of people losing interest due to a lack of anime content to happen. The manga is different (in my opinion) in that Oda chooses to work that hectic schedule and they have to practically force him to take breaks every 3 weeks or so.

inkone

Rising Star
Registered
Is Dr. Stone really good? I saw the trailer / previews and it just didn’t grab me. Seemed like it would be slow. Happy to be wrong just curious.
It’s pretty cool it’s one of suspenseful, intellectual keep you guessing type of anime. If that makes sense but overall it’s fast-paced and a good watch.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Yea I've heard about the two year filler shit with Naruto:giggle:. That's taking it to the extreme. My guess in why they won't allow extended breaks for the anime is because OP is basically carrying WSJ on its back, and they don't want a sliver of a chance of people losing interest due to a lack of anime content to happen. The manga is different (in my opinion) in that Oda chooses to work that hectic schedule and they have to practically force him to take breaks every 3 weeks or so.

The last 100-something episodes of the first part of Naruto were fillers....:smh:

I need to go back reading One piece. I heard a couple of members of Luffy's crew died...

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Living in a ninja residence tucked away in a corner of a futuristic city is Rikka, the eldest daughter of a Ninja clan, who looks up to her father—a researcher—very much. Carrying on with her life normally, Rikka's home came suddenly under attack one day. Driven into a corner, what would she do to overcome this crisis? Rip darkness to pieces and become "BLACK"!

Blackfox

first 7 mins..

As always... I'll be waiting until the season is complete. It drops 10/5/19

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
Living in a ninja residence tucked away in a corner of a futuristic city is Rikka, the eldest daughter of a Ninja clan, who looks up to her father—a researcher—very much. Carrying on with her life normally, Rikka's home came suddenly under attack one day. Driven into a corner, what would she do to overcome this crisis? Rip darkness to pieces and become "BLACK"!

Blackfox

first 7 mins..

what ever happened to the anime with the black girl smh

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Blackfox

first 7 mins..

This look good but Im waiting til the first season is over..

Count23

International
International Member
Anyone watching Vinland Saga, shit is savage.

Also, Cop Craft is ok. It's basically a buddy cop comedy/drama, that borrows tropes from those kinds of movies from the 80s/90s, except that it's set in a world where a portal to a fantasy realm opened up a few miles off the coast of California (a few decades prior to the start of the series) and an L.A esque city was established where humans live with various humanoid fantasy races.

DaSupremeWun

Music Producer/Writer
BGOL Investor
Anyone watching Vinland Saga, shit is savage.

Also, Cop Craft is ok. It's basically a buddy cop comedy/drama, that borrows tropes from those kinds of movies from the 80s/90s, except that it's set in a world where a portal to a fantasy realm opened up a few miles off the coast of California (a few decades prior to the start of the series) and an L.A esque city was established where humans live with various humanoid fantasy races.

I'm liking Vinland Saga so far. Yea that shit is brutal and I like the character development. It has a GOT/Vikings feel to it. thors = ned stark.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm going to need this series out immediately....

I'm also going to need his project Cannon Busters to be turned into a series immediately. Dude should have three to four shows out. I loved everything about this children of ether project.

@ansatsusha_gouki holy shit fam...

Netflix fucking did it...

cannon busters the anime is fucking on Netflix right now. How did this slip by all of us.

I’m making a thread.

The brother needs his respect for this.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Holy fucking shit.... has everyone seen the new ep of demon slayer? This Show is fucking amazing

824f37c97cd34965d4ee753168132f0b.jpg

i slept on this. i really never cared for horror/demon anime. the exception was berserk because of how rich the story was.

but this shit right here is bananas. from the story to the animation to the score this is creme de la creme anime.

watching this on my 75" 4k atmos system is amazing. i literally marvel at how well this show is animated and the score behind it.

keeping it real this anime is spoiling me for other anime. attack on titan's animation the first season was spectacular. and as the seasons went on it became inconsistent. and that is really distracting for me. it is the reason i stopped reading comics. inconsistent and poor drawing after having dealt with decades of spectacular pages of drawing.

i hope that this show doesn't become the reason i stop watching other anime. hands down i can't think of a better animated show, ever. and i have seen some beautiful animation from shigurui to princess mononoke to cowboy bebop and all in between.

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Always an interesting thread to read.... From now on... let i be known if you prefer Sub or Dub anime.... I find that people who like dub anime usually like garbage. lol over generalization but i stand by it.

cosign, and very valid point that i am going to have to start to take note of. i never put that correlation together until you laid it out so eloquently.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
The reality is the average so called sub fan is only saying that to fit in to some honorary nerd club. Like I said before there was a time when dubs would be poorly acted, the music was changed, and cultural changes were made.in recent years dub anime series simply are not as bad as people try to make it seem and typically the only change is the language.

if its a good dub i will tolerate it. but most dubs are not good. and its not just anime that suffers from that. the live action sci-fi series 3% on netflix also suffers from that. the dub is painful. the sub is so much better. imo, it doesn't matter the genre the sub is usually better.

my experience is i would just rather watch a sub. i remember when i went to see crouching tiger hidden dragon at the theater when it was first released in the united states. it was subbed. i was already used to watching subbed anime so the subs were not a big deal to me. half the theater walked out when they realized it was subbed.

i guess after over 20 years of watching subs its second nature to me now. i can follow the action and still read the subs.

and keeping it real i have only seen a couple of anime where the sub was a good as the dub. that is a really rare phenomenon.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I lived in Tokyo for a year. Im not proficient... but Im DEFINITELY conversational. Also, you cant really say why fans of subs prefer them because you dont. Thats like me saying people that like dub shows think network tv shows are interesting. I cant make that call.

dude stop throwing those undercover body blows. :roflmao2:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
7 Seeds is pretty good.... It's not action packed, but this shit is good..

I'd also be shocked if Hollywood doesn't try to make this shit into a Movie or a TV series. It's similar to the 100... So I guess it's more likely to be a movie.

i am trying to get through this. but i am bored with it.