Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Astra lost in space is good... but I wish I fucking waited until the season was over to start... I binged through these three episodes like water.

Count23

International
International Member

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Same. I'm tempted to just read the manga, since it's completed and only 49 chapters but I think I'll read it after the series is finished.

I saw just a little bit from the Manga and I ended up seeing to damn much and spoiled something that I wish I saw on screen. So I'm just going to wait until it's complete.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Kengan Ashura on Netflix is nice.

Feels like Baki but with even less story or character development and per the norm Netflix ended the session in a weird spot.

I'm going really watch it again (kept falling a sleep), but so far I'd rather gotten the next session of Baki.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Feels like Baki but with even less story or character development and per the norm Netflix ended the session in a weird spot.

I'm going really watch it again (kept falling a sleep), but so far I'd rather gotten the next session of Baki.

Yeah it feels very Baki... but I'm still liking this.

Update:

Ok I'm on Episode 4.... This is good. I like the corporate side of this and the Father and son dynamic.

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man the fights in this shit..... Are fucking nice...

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Kengan Ashura on Netflix is nice.

I loved Baki... but it didn't kick into Gear until Part 2 of Season 1....

This shit right here... Has been going 100 since episode 1.... The Fighting in this bitch is amazing.

It's Following Baki like Beats but this is not Baki... This is more like an Animated version of Blood Sport. I want a fighting game based on this bitch.

I'm about to put this in my thread....

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

This shit right here... Has been going 100 since episode 1.... The Fighting in this bitch is amazing.

It's Following Baki like Beats but this is not Baki... This is more like an Animated version of Blood Sport. I want a fighting game based on this bitch.

12 episodes is not enough...

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor

I need to check this out :yes:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I need to check this out :yes:

The fight in episode 12 was hella brutal

This shit is definitely not for the kiddos.

Also I don’t get the lack of character development complaint... there’s plenty of character development in this thing.

But 12 episodes is horse shit.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Im going to wait til the season is over to see it...Im spoiled with the binge watching.

:lol::lol::lol:

Lol..

Yeah binging has changed everything for me...

I see ya’ll hyping new anime

And I’m just sitting back quieting waiting until it finishes the season and then I come I’m hyped..

I can’t do this damn .. once a week or 3 episodes at a time shit cause anime always ends in a cliffhanger. Plus I need to hurry and see how the big bad gets destroyed.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The fight in episode 12 was hella brutal

This shit is definitely not for the kiddos.

Also I don’t get the lack of character development complaint... there’s plenty of character development in this thing.

But 12 episodes is horse shit.

I feel like if they were going to have this type of show Kenichi would have been a better choice. Although the show is somewhat friendly ( at least the sessions that aired), the characters were entertaining and you saw growth.

It could just be that I'm comparing it to Baki, so I'm judging it too harshly. I'm not even saying the Netflix Baki was that good.the show is just too similar and doesn't stand out enough especially considering Baki aired in the last year.It just didn't really grab my attention and I'm not hype to see any more episodes.

Outside of the main character's manager I didn't care about any of the characters. Part of the problem is the short session. By the time you start to go deeper into the main character's past, the show is over.

Again, I fell asleep on most of the episodes so I need to rewatch.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I feel like if they were going to have this type of show Kenichi would have been a better choice. Although the show is somewhat friendly ( at least the sessions that aired), the characters were entertaining and you saw growth.

It could just be that I'm comparing it to Baki, so I'm judging it too harshly. I'm not even saying the Netflix Baki was that good.the show is just too similar and doesn't stand out enough especially considering Baki aired in the last year.It just didn't really grab my attention and I'm not hype to see any more episodes.

Outside of the main character's manager I didn't care about any of the characters. Part of the problem is the short session. By the time you start to go deeper into the main character's past, the show is over.

Again, I fell asleep on most of the episodes so I need to rewatch.

Yeah I kind of think you need need to rewatch this.

I agree that it follows a lot of Baki beats but i like how this show is really about the manager gaining confidence in himself. But I really enjoy the corporate aspect and the fighting so far is better then Netflix Baki.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yeah I kind of think you need need to rewatch this.

I agree that it follows a lot of Baki beats but i like how this show is really about the manager gaining confidence in himself. But I really enjoy the corporate aspect and the fighting so far is better then Netflix Baki.

For me, it's overall basic. I didn't care about the characters and I wasn't excited to see what happens next. I'm not saying it is a bad show it just didn't live up to what I expected.

For example, Demon Slayer was grabbed my attention from the start and I'm normally hyped to see what happens next. The characters are interesting and you can see growth over the course of the series from different characters.

There are shows that are ok to watch to fill in some free time and then there are shows that you need to watch. In my opinion you're not missing much if you dont watch Kengan Ashura as of today. However, the next session could change my mind.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
For me, it's overall basic. I didn't care about the characters and I wasn't excited to see what happens next. I'm not saying it is a bad show it just didn't live up to what I expected.

For example, Demon Slayer was grabbed my attention from the start and I'm normally hyped to see what happens next. The characters are interesting and you can see growth over the course of the series from different characters.

There are shows that are ok to watch to fill in some free time and then there are shows that you need to watch. In my opinion you're not missing much if you dont watch Kengan Ashura as of today. However, the next session could change my mind.

Yeah I've got to completely disagree with you on this show...

I would have probably agreed with you if Kengan just focused on Ohma... but Once they opened up Kazuo's backstory and I saw that as a middle aged man.. Dude never lived. His wife left him without an explanation. One of his sons is a Criminal and the other lives in his house but he hasn't seen his face in two years.. I got pulled in to see how this random meeting with Ohma was going to change him. And then once you find out that his Shut-in son.. is really the secret owner of one of the corporations in the tournament. And that this son has a goal to take over the world by taking out all of the other corporations.

Like the fighting is amazing... but the way they blended Corporate intrigue into a Martial Show is tight. The thought that corporate takeovers and real estate deals are made from the winners of this matches....

Also the fact that alot of these guys are in this... because they were really screwed by Bigger corporations.

Like how Kazuo ended up 500,000,000 in debt because the owner of his company sort of manipulated Kazuo into Joining the Kengan Association as an employee and creating his own company so that he can use Ohma as his champion ... while at the same time the Owner uses another fighter... so that way the owner has higher odds of winning.

Also the show has a huge number of characters... but it manages to give each fighter some time to show their story. I also like how the show doesn't drag out the fighting..

Yeah I was instantly drawn into this... but people like different shit. I love Blood Sport and Kengan reminds me of BloodSport.

I've watched Part 1 twice..

I like what I've seen so far with Demon slayer..... but I'm waiting until the Season wraps to finish it.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Watched all of em.. This shit is bananas.
It's that good that it makes me wanna binge something else. 12 eps ain't enough.

I knew someone else had to feel the same way..

That shit was fucking insane.

Those fights were crazy.