Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Always an interesting thread to read.... From now on... let i be known if you prefer Sub or Dub anime.... I find that people who like dub anime usually like garbage. lol over generalization but i stand by it.

I prefer dubs. The only time I'll watch a sub is if the series is not dubbed. This isn't the 80s/90s so there is really little to complain about these days.

If you complained about cgi series I'd understand, but liking something in a different language that most of the so called fans can't understand makes little to no sense.

A lot of times subs are overacting which normally annoys me. The initial sub acting for Black Clover was one of the top complaints and people believed the dub voice acting (at least for Asta) was better.

One best series I can recall off the top of my head for the last year or so was Hi Score Girl. Kakegurui was ok, Demon Slayer is way better than I expected, Rising of the Shield Hero is decent for right now and off the top of my head best second season ever maybe Mob Psycho 100.

chops

Doctor of Medicine. Ringside Physician.
BGOL Investor
I prefer dubs. The only time I'll watch a sub is if the series is not dubbed. This isn't the 80s/90s so there is really little to complain about these days.

If you complained about cgi series I'd understand, but liking something in a different language that most of the so called fans can't understand makes little to no sense.

A lot of times subs are overacting which normally annoys me. The initial sub acting for Black Clover was one of the top complaints and people believed the dub voice acting (at least for Asta) was better.

Japanese voice actors are wayyyy better than english/american and its not even close. the intonation and portrayal of the characters matters. I cant stand listening to anime that sounds like a suburban 9 year old. Shit is vexing. Raw anime is the best but I miss things at times so I will watch a sub release. Give me the product from the source, not its overly processed water down appropriated american version. If the difference doesnt matter to you, or you cant appreciate the difference, thats fine. I will take your advice with a grain of salt and keep it in persepctive. Hi score girl was well put together though. I enjoyed it.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Japanese voice actors are wayyyy better than english/american and its not even close. the intonation and portrayal of the characters matters. I cant stand listening to anime that sounds like a suburban 9 year old. Shit is vexing. Raw anime is the best but I miss things at times so I will watch a sub release. Give me the product from the source, not its overly processed water down appropriated american version. If the difference doesnt matter to you, or you cant appreciate the difference, thats fine. I will take your advice with a grain of salt and keep it in persepctive. Hi score girl was well put together though. I enjoyed it.

You're talking as if you may be able to understand the language without subtitles, however you admit you still need them at times. If you actually attempt to learn the language or know it I can respect that on some level but most dont and are dependent on the subtitles. I dont care how much emotion is conveyed if you can't understand what is being said it doesn't matter. I dont watch anime for dramatic moments alone. I need to be able to follow the story. If I want to read a series, I'd buy the manga.

The reality is the average so called sub fan is only saying that to fit in to some honorary nerd club. Like I said before there was a time when dubs would be poorly acted, the music was changed, and cultural changes were made.in recent years dub anime series simply are not as bad as people try to make it seem and typically the only change is the language.

"THE MAN"

Resident Cool Nerd
BGOL Investor
My issue with subs is that its the same 3 mofos doing voices it seems lol. But seriously I pick and choose based on how the voice sounds for the main character. Could never watch DBZ with Goku's high pitched sub voice but the dubbed Saitama for One Punch Man seems off to me. Like he is trying too hard to be a slacker.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
My issue with subs is that its the same 3 mofos doing voices it seems lol. But seriously I pick and choose based on how the voice sounds for the main character. Could never watch DBZ with Goku's high pitched sub voice but the dubbed Saitama for One Punch Man seems off to me. Like he is trying too hard to be a slacker.

Doesn't get talked about a lot but Anime companies are cheap as fuck. The dragon ball alone made close to 1 billion last year yet the artist teams dont get paid shit and are worked like slaves. They are all about keeping cost down and recycling the same people.

Africanama

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The main problem is that a good chunk of dubs are done by the Funimation studios and that company is based in Dallas, Texas.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Anyone subscribed to any services like crunchyroll?

Whats a good one for dubs?
I have Crunchyroll, funimation and I had to other sites. Crunchyroll is more so a sub site however recently they have been adding more dubs more so for older series. Funimation is the best source for dubbed series. They were better before they got taken over by Sony.

If you have Hulu, they normally have alot of the Funimation series and the smaller anime sites content. Hulu also has a decent amount of dubbed series.

chops

Doctor of Medicine. Ringside Physician.
BGOL Investor
You're talking as if you may be able to understand the language without subtitles, however you admit you still need them at times. If you actually attempt to learn the language or know it I can respect that on some level but most dont and are dependent on the subtitles. I dont care how much emotion is conveyed if you can't understand what is being said it doesn't matter. I dont watch anime for dramatic moments alone. I need to be able to follow the story. If I want to read a series, I'd buy the manga.

The reality is the average so called sub fan is only saying that to fit in to some honorary nerd club. Like I said before there was a time when dubs would be poorly acted, the music was changed, and cultural changes were made.in recent years dub anime series simply are not as bad as people try to make it seem and typically the only change is the language.

I lived in Tokyo for a year. Im not proficient... but Im DEFINITELY conversational. Also, you cant really say why fans of subs prefer them because you dont. Thats like me saying people that like dub shows think network tv shows are interesting. I cant make that call.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I lived in Tokyo for a year. Im not proficient... but Im DEFINITELY conversational. Also, you cant really say why fans of subs prefer them because you dont. Thats like me saying people that like dub shows think network tv shows are interesting. I cant make that call.

I can't say why all sub fans prefer them over dubs, but I can state that on average sub fans claim to prefer subs over dubs because they believe the voice acting is better. Be serious how often do you hear a complaint outside of voice acting that would not apply to both the sub and dub. Again I'm not talking about dubs from 7 to 20 plus years ago.

Your analogy makes no sense because thinking network TV is interesting has nothing to do with liking dubs or anime in general.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I have Crunchyroll, funimation and I had to other sites. Crunchyroll is more so a sub site however recently they have been adding more dubs more so for older series. Funimation is the best source for dubbed series. They were better before they got taken over by Sony.

If you have Hulu, they normally have alot of the Funimation series and the smaller anime sites content. Hulu also has a decent amount of dubbed series.

Was about to sign up with crunchyroll then did a search and saw hat One Punch Man is not available, it is on Hulu however . Not sure I want Hulu though because Crunchyroll has a bigger selection.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I can't say why all sub fans prefer them over dubs, but I can state that on average sub fans claim to prefer subs over dubs because they believe the voice acting is better. Be serious how often do you hear a complaint outside of voice acting that would not apply to both the sub and dub. Again I'm not talking about dubs from 7 to 20 plus years ago.

Your analogy makes no sense because thinking network TV is interesting has nothing to do with liking dubs or anime in general.

Dubs are no where as bad as people make them to be, maybe back in the day but not today. I personally prefer dubs because I can play the series in the background while doing work.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Was about to sign up with crunchyroll then did a search and saw hat One Punch Man is not available, it is on Hulu however . Not sure I want Hulu though because Crunchyroll has a bigger selection.

I dont know if it's still true, but at one point using the free version of Crunchyroll just meant there was a delay in your ability to see new episodes. To your point, it doesn't have s 2 of One Punch Man and may not have s1 anymore.

Unfortunately that's the reason I have multiple services for the times when when series are not on different services.

Crunchyroll does have more series, but you may be able to get by with just Hulu for newer popular series.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I dont know if it's still true, but at one point using the free version of Crunchyroll just meant there was a delay in your ability to see new episodes. To your point, it doesn't have s 2 of One Punch Man and may not have s1 anymore.

Unfortunately that's the reason I have multiple services for the times when when series are not on different services.

Crunchyroll does have more series, but you may be able to get by with just Hulu for newer popular series.
I was just about to sign up last night when I did a search for one punch, I git a message saying not available in my area. After a quick search it seems Crunchyroll only has a license to play One Punch man in Europe and Hulu has the American Licence :angry:

badman32

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I prefer subs over dubs, the Japanese voices sound natural for the characters. Dubbed anime feels like watching dubbed kung fu flicks to me in away, I'd rather watch in it's original audio. And as someone mentioned before, a lot of the dubbed voices don't match up for me. DBZ dubs are fine, but cartoons like Naruto, One Punch Man, or even Bleach; the Japanese audio just sounds better to me. And another reason for watching subs, they come out earlier than dubs. I like to watch anime as soon as it's released instead of waiting a day or few for a dubbed version.

gutsdabeast

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't have a real preference dub over sub or sub over dub.

I pretty much watch the anime in the language I heard it first.

For example; I can't watch Berserk in Japanese. Sounds weird to me.

I can't watch Naruto in English. Also sounds weird to me.

That's my take. Most new anime is probably Japanese because I see it before dub.

Older anime is probably English because that's when I was introduced.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I'm surprised I don't see much talk about Demon Slayer. They're only 3 series people discuss on a regular. It's almost like people need approval to like a series.

I haven't watched yet.

The anime is 26 episodes .... So i'm waiting until it finishes to check it out. I hate watching Anime one episode at a time.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I've been watching this the last few weeks..

It's about a yokai name Kitaro that helps or kills other yokai...The series is episodic but there is an overall story to it.

Most of the yokai comes from Japanese folklore.

DaSupremeWun

Music Producer/Writer
BGOL Investor
I'm surprised I don't see much talk about Demon Slayer. They're only 3 series people discuss on a regular. It's almost like people need approval to like a series.

Yo thanks to whoever suggested Demon Slayer! This shit is :eek2::eek2::eek2:

I haven't watched yet.

The anime is 26 episodes .... So i'm waiting until it finishes to check it out. I hate watching Anime one episode at a time.

Demon Slayer is pretty lit and it's one of the top anime of the season. It's definitely worth watching.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

I think some people might be like me....

I like to sit and watch an entire anime in bunches either the complete season or 8 episodes at a time. I can't do the week to week thing.. cause Anime is notorious for having long breaks in between episodes.

I'm going to wait until the season is over before I watch Demon Slayer. It's what I should have done with Rising of the Shield Hero. I got Sucked in and now I dying watching this shit week to week.

deillestcreation

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
No I didnt. watched it when i was on my attack on titan kick, only thing I remember about that anime was its art style.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
7 Seeds is pretty good.... It's not action packed, but this shit is good..

I'd also be shocked if Hollywood doesn't try to make this shit into a Movie or a TV series. It's similar to the 100... So I guess it's more likely to be a movie.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
7 Seeds is pretty good.... It's not action packed, but this shit is good..

I'd also be shocked if Hollywood doesn't try to make this shit into a Movie or a TV series. It's similar to the 100... So I guess it's more likely to be a movie.

Man episode 10.... Jesus that shit was rough. They could make a damn series just from this shit. I’d watch an entire season of this.