4 am and I’m up massaging my thigh

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
So they both steam (rooms). I wonder how the sauna achieves the dry heat.

I know what you mean, I used to go to Jeju Sauna here north of Atlanta, they got a bunch of different kinds of saunas, wet steam room, dry, ice cold room, hot, warm, & cold jacuzzis. $35/day, can spend a whole 24 hours there

No they are not. A sauna is a dry heat room not ever for steam! Don't ever use water in a sauna. You could accidentally burn out the electric coils that heat the rocks.

Steam rooms are a little more difficult to locate today. But believe this saunas are not steam rooms. Mess around and get youself a repair bill for shorting out the sauna heating system or worse. :smh:

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No they are not. A sauna is a dry heat room not ever for steam! Don't ever use water in a sauna. You could accidentally burn out the electric coils that heat the rocks.

Steam rooms are a little more difficult to locate today. But believe this saunas are not steam rooms. Mess around and get youself a repair bill for shorting out the sauna heating system or worse. :smh:
Nah, we pour water on the hot lava rocks. I thought everyone did this.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Health update. My new exercise minimums: 12.5k steps. 1500 active calories, 75 minutes of working out.

I fasted for 2 weeks earlier this year. Really watched caloric intake and output. I lost 7 pounds in 10 days.

2 meals per day. Still intermittent fasting. I read the calories on everything. I try to eat no more than 2000 calories per day but burn around 4500 calories. 3500 calories in a pound. Weight is down into the 260s.

Walking is cool. I normally walk around 6 miles a day total but it really doesn’t burn calories like that. I’ve been using Tempo a lot more. It is fantastic. I like it more than Fight Camp which is also excellent but not as much fun.

I sweep, vacuum, and:or mop every other day to burn calories. Way more in tune with my body. It’s not even noon and I’ve taken 5500 steps and worked out for 48 minutes. Haven’t started the hard part yet.

No body aches or pains anywhere!

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Health update. My new exercise minimums: 12.5k steps. 1500 active calories, 75 minutes of working out.

I fasted for 2 weeks earlier this year. Really watched caloric intake and output. I lost 7 pounds in 10 days.

2 meals per day. Still intermittent fasting. I read the calories on everything. I try to eat no more than 2000 calories per day but burn around 4500 calories. 3500 calories in a pound. Weight is down into the 260s.

Walking is cool. I normally walk around 6 miles a day total but it really doesn’t burn calories like that. I’ve been using Tempo a lot more. It is fantastic. I like it more than Fight Camp which is also excellent but not as much fun.

I sweep, vacuum, and:or mop every other day to burn calories. Way more in tune with my body. It’s not even noon and I’ve taken 5500 steps and worked out for 48 minutes. Haven’t started the hard part yet.

Walking doesn't burn major calories but it will burn major body fat especially with a lifting program based around compound lifts. Walking is the most natural thing you can do plus its very hard to hurt yourself Walking. HIIT, Jumping rope and walking will burn major fat plus the benefits for your heart.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I’m gettin surgery fuck this

I’m doin everythin, I jus get temp relief

we walked all day at the museum with our godson

I was ok right till the end

I’m tired of this shit y’all, tired

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Look at stretching your Psoas muscle too. Also try Voltaren gel for some relief and or the pills. It works. Fucked my back up in the military and was never the same. Sciatic leg condition on right. Felt like lightning was running up my leg and into my toes and butt. Felt like my fucking toes were going to explode. Went into my lower back. I have an inverted machine too that massages. Take a towel with you in your car. Roll it up and place it in the lumbar region. Alternate as needed. When you get into your car/truck don’t slide in with a leg sweep. Turn around, bend and sit then swing your legs in. NSAID meds and herbs will help too like others have posted. Stretching goes a long way and go get athletic deep stretches done to increase your mobility.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor

Why does it look like my bone is pinchin it more tf man
Two things.

Have you tried doing daily extensions of your back as in you lay flat on you stomach, raise up on your elbows then palms and bend backwards and stay in that position for a few mins. Usually once a day. I used to do it for back pains.

Like this:

lower-back-stretches-1200x565.jpg

Other thing is I have a doc in Houston that I've gone to before when I had a hernia. He does sports medicine where he does PRP injections, taking your own blood and taking the plasma and inject it back to that area to heal an area. Not sure if it would work for you but wouldn't hurt to ask if he treats that.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Two things.

Have you tried doing daily extensions of your back as in you lay flat on you stomach, raise up on your elbows then palms and bend backwards and stay in that position for a few mins. Usually once a day. I used to do it for back pains.

Like this:

lower-back-stretches-1200x565.jpg

Other thing is I have a doc in Houston that I've gone to before when I had a hernia. He does sports medicine where he does PRP injections, taking your own blood and taking the plasma and inject it back to that area to heal an area. Not sure if it would work for you but wouldn't hurt to ask if he treats that.
Man I’m doin all that shit, nothin helps

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok, for the steam rooms there’s a metal box with water that acts like a giant tea kettle.

the sauna is a dry heat. Electric coils heat these lava rocks. Then I pour water on the lava rocks which creates steam anyway.

saunas are generally made withcedar wood.Smells good. I bring my iPhone in with no problem.

the steam room...it’s hard as fuck to breathe in them sometimes. Waterfall shower heads, lots of jets coming out of the walls. The steam comes out of a metal thing angled Towards the floor.

when you have a steam room you need a tight seal. So even though the doors are glass they are sealed with a thick rubber. The top of thedoor has a swivel to keep the hot steam in or out. Everything is stone.
The sauna is dry heat but you can make it steam by pouring water on the heated rocks.
Seem like their the same just made with different materials.

Papi, you let them folks finese you into paying for the same shit twice?

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Good shit! Glad to hear this.

What is Tempo & Fight Camp?
What kinda working out you do for 75 minutes?

Walking doesn't burn major calories but it will burn major body fat especially with a lifting program based around compound lifts. Walking is the most natural thing you can do plus its very hard to hurt yourself Walking. HIIT, Jumping rope and walking will burn major fat plus the benefits for your heart.
Thanks
Look at stretching your Psoas muscle too. Also try Voltaren gel for some relief and or the pills. It works. Fucked my back up in the military and was never the same. Sciatic leg condition on right. Felt like lightning was running up my leg and into my toes and butt. Felt like my fucking toes were going to explode. Went into my lower back. I have an inverted machine too that massages. Take a towel with you in your car. Roll it up and place it in the lumbar region. Alternate as needed. When you get into your car/truck don’t slide in with a leg sweep. Turn around, bend and sit then swing your legs in. NSAID meds and herbs will help too like others have posted. Stretching goes a long way and go get athletic deep stretches done to increase your mobility.

I'll try this stretch. Can it be done on edge of bed? If not, what kinda table is that?

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I walked down my street & back last night, about 2 miles. I figure if I do that twice a day along with stretching, inversion table, and good sleep hygiene, I can heal and get back to a better range of motion.

And I need to start back meal prepping and making smoothies. Shit is time consuming, but its worth it.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Good shit! Glad to hear this.

What is Tempo & Fight Camp?
What kinda working out you do for 75 minutes?

Thanks

I'll try this stretch. Can it be done on edge of bed? If not, what kinda table is that?

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Man I’m doin all that shit, nothin helps
You had anything that caused it specifically?

Cause if it "just happened" over time then may be weight? It was in my situation. I dropped 40 pounds from fasting over the past few years. My back pains I no longer have.

I've always been, almost yearly with a chronic pain, at times keeping me in bed for a few days up to a week. From most likely what I used to do, was an EMT, lifting people on a daily basis, led to years of bad back pains, and being over weight. Along with sitting on my wallet in my back pocket too, pinches a nerve ending.

Just a thought.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
You had anything that caused it specifically?

Cause if it "just happened" over time then may be weight? It was in my situation. I dropped 40 pounds from fasting over the past few years. My back pains I no longer have.

I've always been, almost yearly with a chronic pain, at times keeping me in bed for a few days up to a week. From most likely what I used to do, was an EMT, lifting people on a daily basis, led to years of bad back pains, and being over weight. Along with sitting on my wallet in my back pocket too, pinches a nerve ending.

Just a thought.
I lost 50lbs then this shit hit me

pain hit right after covid

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I hit a beginner class HIIT today. In my Kevin hart voice, I didn’t like it. Hard work, man. I’ll build up to expert one day. Damn.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hit a beginner class HIIT today. In my Kevin hart voice, I didn’t like it. Hard work, man. I’ll build up to expert one day. Damn.

Its hard but efficient, especially for folks who are short on time. The most I do hiit ain a weeks is twice with my days spread out for recovery. That's why walking and hiit are a good balance. An og in the gym put me on walking. Because the older we get self preservation is a must. Recovery is just as important as the work. I need to post some good hiit routines

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks like I'll be on the operating table soon for a lumbar microdiscectomy. Reinjured my back at work in the beginning of july. Been in physical therapy every since but still working but no improvement. Having constant tingling and weakness in my left foot and burning in my left leg. I've been doing all the difficult exercises in therapy and still been hitting the gym workouts 5 days a week.

Got my MRI results the doctor said the L4 L5 Herniation is sticking out a 5mm and sitting on the nerve root with nowhere to go, so thats why the therapy and core workouts aint helping the sciatica. S1 is sticking out 2cm. My core strength is good right now but day to day shit like sitting and standing is a pain in the ass.

Workers comp is picking up everything plus I'll most likely get a high impairment ratings Just gonna go hard in the gym so i can be in super shape before the procedure. Good thing is that the microdiscectomy should not keep me down long since its minimlly invasive

Last edited:

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member
Looks like I'll be on the operating table soon for a lumbar microdiscectomy. Reinjured my back at work in the beginning of july. Been in physical therapy every since but still working but no improvement. Having constant tingling and weakness in my left foot and burning in my left leg.

Got my MRI results the doctor said the L4 L5 Herniation is sticking out a 5cm and sitting on tje nerve root with nowhere to go. S1 is sticking out 2cm. My core strength is good right now but day to day shit like sitting and standing is a pain in the ass.

Workers comp is picking up everything plus I'll most likely get a high impairment ratings Just gonna go hard in the gym so i can be in super shape before the procedure. Good thing is that the microdiscectomy should not keep me down long since its minimlly invasive

Dayum nukka, do yo thing and get well .....

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Looks like I'll be on the operating table soon for a lumbar microdiscectomy. Reinjured my back at work in the beginning of july. Been in physical therapy every since but still working but no improvement. Having constant tingling and weakness in my left foot and burning in my left leg. I've been doing all the difficult exercises in therapy and still been hitting the gym workouts 5 days a week.

Got my MRI results the doctor said the L4 L5 Herniation is sticking out a 5cm and sitting on the nerve root with nowhere to go, so thats why the therapy and core workouts aint helping the sciatica. S1 is sticking out 2cm. My core strength is good right now but day to day shit like sitting and standing is a pain in the ass.

Same shit I got man

Gonna have another mri next month then surgery

I plan to be off all Nov and Dec

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Same shit I got man

Met with the spine surgeon last week. He says I need a hemilaminotomy with a partial discectomy. Said after surgery I should be fully recovered within 6 weeks since Im in good shape. He said it could take a while for my leg and foot numbness to go away since the nerve root has been pressed on for so long. Im still working out though just giving up the weights and doing bodyweight exercises until way after the surgery.

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor

Got my MRI results the doctor said the L4 L5 Herniation is sticking out a 5cm and sitting on the nerve root with nowhere to go, so thats why the therapy and core workouts aint helping the sciatica. S1 is sticking out 2cm. My core strength is good right now but day to day shit like sitting and standing is a pain in the ass.

Same shit I got man

Wishing you brothers well on your roads to recovery.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Met with the spine surgeon last week. He says I need a hemilaminotomy with a partial discectomy. Said after surgery I should be fully recovered within 6 weeks since Im in good shape. He said it could take a while for my leg and foot numbness to go away since the nerve root has been pressed on for so long. Im still working out though just giving up the weights and doing bodyweight exercises until way after the surgery.
Man I can still walk and do normal shit only if I stay on top my meds

it’s the mornings that kill me, that long break of no meds

I’m jus so sick of the worryin

sick of takin these damn meds

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I can still walk and do normal shit only if I stay on top my meds

it’s the mornings that kill me, that long break of no meds

I’m jus so sick of the worryin

sick of takin these damn meds

Man i can't take any NSAIDS(advil, motrin, ibuprofen), when i aggravated my back they gave me some steroids but they didn't do shit.

Sitting, standing and walking gives me the worst pain plus sleeping. Shit spread to my hip and sometimes it feels like i been kicked in my left nut.

I done lost strength in my left leg and foot but i get pain relief for a few hours after exercising. Im ready to get this shit fixed

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Address the cause.... FIX THE SCIATICA WITH Surgery. People tell me alot at work too... A whole fucking lot!! Meditation, rest, escape from the trapping of materialism and focus on experience and building relationships with those that DESERVE your valuable time is key. Do you, disregard your ego and give. Discover the word NO. If you have one, Ditch the side chic (s) too. That pain comes back. Giving is key to freedom but be careful of what and why people want something from you.
Wow