10 Best Countries for Black Men to Retire Abroad

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
I'm going to spend weeks/months at a time in most of these places. I'll never sell my house in the states, but I'm definitely going to spend probably half the year in other countries. No doubt.

ya that’s the best plan I can come up w/...and then @ some point decide to stay in the islands or in the states before I get too old where traveling frequently becomes a hassle

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Exactly.
Why would you work hard all your adult life, paid both taxes and into social security and fought racism just to move to a foreign country where you're NOT a citizen nor are you entitled to own land...?
Furthermore, these articles never really address the poverty rates in those countries.
Why not use your retirement to:
- Buy some land of your own here in the USA.
- Build a home (equity) for you, your children and your descendants.
- Enjoy travelling to other countries.

Too many dudes let these types of lists fill their heads with dreams of sun kissed Utopias filled with Beyonce's, Lucy Liu's and Salma Hayek's just waiting on Black men/retirees to come to their countries where they can treat them like kings. o_O
People who travel a lot, a.k.a citizens of the world, don't necessarily subscribe to the concept of owning land as a priority. Many understand that we don't own the Earth; the Earth owns us, so they are not fucked up or obsessed with owning property (a VERY AMERICAN way of viewing other places). You don't have to own land somewhere in order to enjoy the experiences you can have there. The West is so obsessed with consumerism and materialism that we often don't see beyond this.
Every place has its good and bad. The U.S. is king selling dreams, so its no different.
I have been to Canada many many times and I understand why its on the list. It really is better than the States. Its a little sterile in comparison but the quality of life is better. They focus on prevention rather than cure and don't pump their food full of garbage that the FDA lets corporations run rampant putting in the U.S. citizens' food.
And frankly, some people just want OUT. Visiting other places just won't cut it for some people. Why buy a house here when you don't want to be here? Why invest in property and contribute to a system that you don't want to be a part of?
I guess you can't understand that.
I'm not looking to move away but I can certainly understand how someone else would because the U.S. is NOT the greatest place on Earth and nationalists are brainwashed and can't conceive of anywhere else being better so they use xenophobia as an excuse to stay home and watch other places on t.v.

Last edited:

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
People who travel a lot, a.k.a citizens of the world, don't necessarily subscribe to the concept of owning land as a priority. Many understand that we don't own the Earth; the Earth owns us, so they are not fucked up or obsessed with owning property (a VERY AMERICAN way of viewing other places). You don't have to own land somewhere in order to enjoy the experiences you can have there. The West is so obsessed with consumerism and materialism that we often don't see beyond this.
Every place has its good and bad. The U.S. is king selling dreams, so its no different.
I have been to Canada many many times and I understand why its on the list. It really is better than the States. Its a little sterile but quality of life is better. They focus on prevention rather than cure and don't pump their food full of garbage that the FDA lets corporations run rampant putting in the U.S. citizens food.
And frankly, some people just want OUT. Visiting other places just won't cut it for some people. Why buy a house here when you don't want to be here? Why invest in property and contribute to a system that you don't want to be a part of?
I'm not looking to move away but I can certainly understand how someone else would because the U.S. is NOT the greatest place on Earth and nationalists are brainwashed and can't conceive of anywhere else being better so they use xenophobia as an excuse to stay home and watch other places on t.v.

right...I don’t get his post...even if he doesn’t prescribe to the idea...I wouldn’t think it unfathomable to understand why someone else might

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The U.S. sells dreams of looking like this:
th
th

th
564a08a911231460008b5669-750-563.jpg

When there are also places like this:
article-2184246-14678A14000005DC-552_964x696.jpg

2141.jpg

el-bronx-bogota-colombia-photo-u1

So, what chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?
Countries that have tourism don't show the worst of their locations on their brochures. Duh!

U.S. is no different.

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All these countries are cool and I've been to some of them but you're going to be broke with limited opportunities, not like the U.S and yes some of these countries are really racist more than the U.S and will rob your "happy go lucky" ass is a second. Fuck all that escapism shit there's no place like home and when have you never heard a Black man or men (plural) becoming a billionaire in these countries and education "sucks" in some of these places

If you have a traditional/gov't pension, other retirement accounts, rental property, trust fund, or any other residual income, you will be ok.

Multilingual tour guides, teachers, and youtubers can easy make enough to supplement your residual or passive income.

You are suppose to start planning your retirement in your 20's.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Anyone watching those HGTV shows like Hawaii Life, Island Life, Caribbean Life, etc? Not sure if they all air in the U.S ... they do in Canada, but they have some pretty good inspiration for couples and families looking to relocate, and/or settle down in retirement. It's interesting to see which places people choose ... some great properties.

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
Isn't Spain the same country that had fans making monkey sounds at black soccer players the other day?
Spain is ONE OF the european countries where that happens.... but if you're looking for a country where racists and racism doesn't exist, you're not gonna find that. There are no Utopias on this earth. I haven't been to any country where I thought I was unwelcome as much as the US. Honestly. ... Maybe Germany, and maybe not... Germany is peculiar ... half the people seem to dislike you and half seem to go out of their way to embrace you. Never knew what to make of that. Army guys would e able to speak more on this. I'm told Japan is something like this too. Not been to Japan.

Last edited:

cstrong79

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Exactly.
Why would you work hard all your adult life, paid both taxes and into social security and fought racism just to move to a foreign country where you're NOT a citizen nor are you entitled to own land...?
Furthermore, these articles never really address the poverty rates in those countries.
Why not use your retirement to:
- Buy some land of your own here in the USA.
- Build a home (equity) for you, your children and your descendants.
- Enjoy travelling to other countries.

Too many dudes let these types of lists fill their heads with dreams of sun kissed Utopias filled with Beyonce's, Lucy Liu's and Salma Hayek's just waiting on Black men/retirees to come to their countries where they can treat them like kings. o_O

They always want to sell American brothers this image of Brazil:
20ac75dcc75f5c4e9fbbd86a9ae90935.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
ee6a3898f1b8f21d92ea0edc203a3176.jpg
x354-q80.jpg
tumblr_ljuz2yM8SB1qf5z55o1_400.jpg

But NEVER want to talk about these parts of Brazil nor the people living there
chl-slums1.jpg
contrast-poverty-wealth-brazil-24344386.jpg
rio-slums1-280x186.jpg

I mean...no one from the US who is thinking about retiring abroad is gonna stay in a favella.

I know for sure I ain't working 30+ years to move to a worse hood

KA$H

GoldMember
BGOL Investor
Seems like I got to brush up on my Spanish, cause I can't live anywhere that I don't speak the language

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
List lost credibility when they put Spain on the list. Spain and Italy are the two most racist places I've ever lived/visited/worked

I wish yall would tell the stories of what happened that makes you say these things. Not saying they're not true, but a lot of times when people piss you off it may not be racial. I have had a lot of black people piss me off too. What happened?

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
List lost credibility when they put Spain on the list. Spain and Italy are the two most racist places I've ever lived/visited/worked
What part of Spain were you in?
I mean, Spain is about the size of Texas, right?
I know that places like El Paso and Galveston are different from Dallas and Houston. I would think that smaller towns in Spain would be different from Barcelona and maybe Madrid, yes? No?

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude! I read the list and commented on what I thought was the safest country.
I said "Canada for the win".
Compared to Canada the rest of these countries aint safe is what I was saying.

What the fuck are you talking about? What does the US have to do with my comment?

If you are presently in the US and saying those countries are too dangerous, then the relative safety of the US becomes fundamental. If you're somewhere other than the US then there is no useful relation or comparison. Haven't looked it up, but I'd lean toward the belief that not a single one of the countries on that list have a homicide rate that exceeds the US rate, with the possible exception of Brazil.

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
You dudes are fools if you think The Cocaine Highway is “safe”.
Panama is dangerous as fuck.
Colombia is one of the main reasons that Panama is dangerous as fuck.
So Colombia is dangerous as fuck too!
The Top 4 are great to visit, but far from “safe”.​

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered

What the fuck are you talking about? What does the US have to do with my comment?
dont worry bout it

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have been to Canada many many times and I understand why its on the list. It really is better than the States. Its a little sterile in comparison but the quality of life is better. They focus on prevention rather than cure and don't pump their food full of garbage that the FDA lets corporations run rampant putting in the U.S. citizens' food.

That's a very "liberal" view of the world you have. Thanks for sharing it with me.... :D

However; traveling a lot doesn't make you, "a citizen of the world".
It just says that you're well traveled and have experienced other cultures in other countries.
You mentioned finding quality food in the U.S. Well; when you own your own land, (believe it or not), you can actually grow your own to feed yourself and your family.
And owning property is not exclusively an "American" way of viewing the world. It's simply a HUMAN desire/endeavor since the dawn of time, the entire world over. Just look it up.
There is literally NO country on Earth where people (rich and poor) do not strive to better their own lives and lives of their progeny by owning land and acquiring equity to pass on from generation to generation.
Finally, I guarantee you that the VAST majority of people living in abject poverty, in overcrowded, unclean and unsafe conditions in any country would love to own a home of their own and property to pass on to their children. :dunno:

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member

When you think about it, how safe is the U.S. in comparison to other places? More guns here, more incarcerations, etc. Your safety depends on your behavior in a lot of places. Everything in life is a risk. Are you gonna live or be scared of everything all of the time? You can catch a bad one anywhere.
That's a very "liberal" view of the world you have. Thanks for sharing it with me.... :D

However; traveling a lot doesn't make you, "a citizen of the world".
It just says that you're well traveled and have experienced other cultures in other countries.
You mentioned finding quality food in the U.S. Well; when you own your own land, (believe it or not), you can actually grow your own to feed yourself and your family.
And owning property is not exclusively an "American" way of viewing the world. It's simply a HUMAN desire/endeavor since the dawn of time, the entire world over. Just look it up.
There is literally NO country on Earth where people (rich and poor) do not strive to better their own lives and lives of their progeny by owning land and acquiring equity to pass on from generation to generation.
Finally, I guarantee you that the VAST majority of people living in abject poverty, in overcrowded, unclean and unsafe conditions in any country would love to own a home of their own and property to pass on to their children. :dunno:
Please stop with the strawman arguing.
First off, not traveling certainly does not make you a citizen of the world.
I am not against home ownership of any kind. Don't try to flip this. I said its not a requirement, especially for a single person retiring.
Growing food/farming is a lot of fucking work. If you have never done it; try. See for yourself. My point was that Westerners believe they have to buy everything. We are conditioned to believe this because capitalism is king in the U.S. Statistics have shown that happiness is not measured in how much you buy and own.
You can move to another country, live and not have to buy a house there. You don't even have to stay in one country. There are no rules other than the ones you set for yourself. There is no reason for people to not experience the world if they should so choose. It is much bigger than just the U.S. Xenophobia and fear mongering are good tools to keep the hamsters on the work wheel. Americans work more than practically anyone else. When you retire, you want to work less and enjoy more.
What's so wrong with wanting to move to a beautiful place, sip on beautiful drinks and be in the company of beautiful women who haven't been indoctrinated into the western feminist/narcissist mindset? Answer: Nothing.

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've visited a few of these places, most of them i'd have no interest in moving to because they have a ton more issues than just race. Especially the countries in South America.

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
You dudes are fools if you think The Cocaine Highway is “safe”.
Panama is dangerous as fuck.
Colombia is one of the main reasons that Panama is dangerous as fuck.
So Colombia is dangerous as fuck too!
The Top 4 are great to visit, but far from “safe”.​
If you lived in Colombia, why would a cocaine cartel want to kill you? If you were a drug kingpin in Central or South America, would you be out killing expats? Let me share two points with you. In those nation that have heavy drug activity, the drug runners, producers and exporters are killing each other ... not expats and people who are no threat to their operations. That is what skews the statistics. I live in one of the most dangerous countries on the planet statistically. And I sleep well, with little to no concern or fear every night, and go about my business in the city each day with no real concern, ... just the normal precautions I'd exercise anywhere on earth. Second point.... I don't know where you live, where you are, but this is true no matter where you are on the planet .... Within 100 miles of you right this minute there are communities that the population there considers dangerous and crime infested .... and there are places where crime and murder are virtually unheard of. There are communities of people who are poor and have little or nothing, with high levels of violence and fear, and there are communities that are safe, beautiful and vibrant, where people are living their lives and raising their families without a care in the world. That is true whether you live in New York, Bangladesh, Chicago, Tegucigalpa, Kingston or Accra. So there is no country that is safe or unsafe.... there are areas in all countries that are safe, and areas in all countries that are unsafe.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When you think about it, how safe is the U.S. in comparison to other places? More guns here, more incarcerations, etc. Your safety depends on your behavior in a lot of places. Everything in life is a risk. Are you gonna live or be scared of everything all of the time? You can catch a bad one anywhere.

Please stop with the strawman arguing.
First off, not traveling certainly does not make you a citizen of the world.
I am not against home ownership of any kind. Don't try to flip this. I said its not a requirement, especially for a single person retiring.
Growing food/farming is a lot of fucking work. If you have never done it; try. See for yourself. My point was that Westerners believe they have to buy everything. We are conditioned to believe this because capitalism is king in the U.S. Statistics have shown that happiness is not measured in how much you buy and own.
You can move to another country, live and not have to buy a house there. You don't even have to stay in one country. There are no rules other than the ones you set for yourself. There is no reason for people to not experience the world if they should so choose. It is much bigger than just the U.S. Xenophobia and fear mongering are good tools to keep the hamsters on the work wheel. Americans work more than practically anyone else. When you retire, you want to work less and enjoy more.
What's so wrong with wanting to move to a beautiful place, sip on beautiful drinks and be in the company of beautiful women who haven't been indoctrinated into the western feminist/narcissist mindset? Answer: Nothing.

- Growing your own food is just an option. You can also look into buying organically produced foods too.
- You can take up residency and rent an apartment in whatever US state you choose if don't want to own land.
- Capitalism IS king in America. This is not wrong. But if it doesn't work for you, then you have the right to not be a capitalist.
- You actually CAN find plenty of attractive women in the US who do not subscribe to feminism nor describe themselves as feminists.
- Xenophobia is not the creation of Americans. It exists in every country, in every province and in every town across the entire globe.
- Again; obviously, you can quite happily live in the US and continue to travel abroad and experience other cultures while enjoying your retirement.

These are just common sense facts, dude... :dunno:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Spain is ONE OF the european countries where that happens.... but if you're looking for a country where racists and racism doesn't exist, you're not gonna find that. There are no Utopias on this earth. I haven't been to any country where I thought I was welcomed as much as the US. Honestly. ... Maybe Germany, and maybe not... Germany is peculiar ... half the people seem to dislike you and half seem to go out of their way to embrace you. Never knew what to make of that. Army guys would e able to speak more on this. I'm told Japa is something like this too. Not been to Japan.

Their past runs deep so many people go out of their way to let you know that "it's only in their past". Germany can be a good time.. couldn't imagine living there but there are some cool ass cities there and it's cheap, relatively.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

This is a country-specific issue. Foreigners owning properly is likely not a problem for any country listed here...at least I know it's not for several of them.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
- Growing your own food is just an option. You can also look into buying organically produced foods too.
- You can take up residency and rent an apartment in whatever US state you choose if don't want to own land.
- Capitalism IS king in America. This is not wrong. But if it doesn't work for you, then you have the right to not be a capitalist.
- You actually CAN find plenty of attractive women in the US who do not subscribe to feminism nor describe themselves as feminists.
- Xenophobia is not the creation of Americans. It exists in every country, in every province and in every town across the entire globe.
- Again; obviously, you can quite happily live in the US and continue to travel abroad and experience other cultures while enjoying your retirement.

These are just common sense facts, dude... :dunno:

Have you ever lived outside of the U.S.?