Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Didn't know this was happening. :dunno:

‘White Men Can’t Jump’ Remake At 20th Century Sets Calmatic As Director

EXCLUSIVE:
Calmatic, who most recently wrapped production directing the House Party reboot for New Line, has been tapped to direct a reboot of White Men Can’t Jump for 20th Century. Kenya Barris and Doug Hall co-wrote the script, with Barris also producing. Blake Griffin, Ryan Kalil and Noah Weinstein are executive producing through their Mortal Media banner. E. Brian Dobbins will also exec produce.

White Men Can’t Jump, the classic 1992 sports comedy that helped launch Woody Harrelson’s movie career as Cheers was winding down and made Wesley Snipes an even bigger star then he already was, follows two street basketball hustlers who at first try to hustle each other, then team up for a bigger score. How this story line will be updated is unknown, but is expected to follow the same idea as the original.

Calmatic cut his teeth as a rising star in the music video world, working with artists including Pharrell, Zayn and Khalid over the past decade. His work on Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road” would put him on the radar of studio execs and production companies across town including LeBron James and Maverick Carter’s SpringHill Entertainment, who would eventually tap him to direct their remake of another ’90s comedy classic, House Party.

He is repped by LBI Entertainment, WME and attorney Ryan Goodell

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
First one was clownish and not realistic.

Would like to see a more serious take on the concept.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
they'll probably remake the movie with these two since he directed their music video
lil-nas-x-and-billy-ray-cyrus-visit-the-spotify-house-during-cma-fest-picture-id1154327070

Who_I_AM

BGOL Original Veteran /C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
As long as they find some body finer than "do the right thing" (can't think of her name right now) and she does just many nude scenes... I'll take it

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Smh the worst news is them mentioning a remake of house party..I guarantee that shit will not even be close to the classic the first 1 was.. that shit is part of my all time list and 1 of them flicks I could probably watch if it’s on at anytime

diamond4981

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Smh the worst news is them mentioning a remake of house party..I guarantee that shit will not even be close to the classic the first 1 was.. that shit is part of my all time list and 1 of them flicks I could probably watch if it’s on at anytime
At this point they might remake Spaceballs, Monster Squad, reboot 227, Amen, Mash and Cheers. I just put it out there so next yr this time we can say yep dude joked around and said that shit last year. Nothing surprises me now.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
No, they do not need to do a remake of this. If they do, they should call it “CAC can’t leap”.

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
man woody and snipes still here
matter of fact they all here
why dont use them and create some of the magic?
hollywood is bogus