CAMRON says he prefers to use the term Black American over African American because "Africans don't even f**k with us."

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"you spell check is fucked up..."

Anyways, I'm speaking in generalities as this is a message board.
In general, there are a plethora of stories of africans telling thier people to not fuck with us for the reasons I stated above.
at least everything in that sentence is spelled correctly :giggle:
3:00 mark.

considering that Africans talk shit about each other what difference does it make really?? If there was real unity on that continent it wouldn't look like does today. Damn near every single country on that continent thats partnered with countries in the west or east are JUNIOR partners in their own deal...on their own land...for their own natural resources and minerals and you're concerned they don't think highly of African Americans??

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

considering that Africans talk shit about each other what difference does it make really?? If there was real unity on that continent it wouldn't look like does today. Damn near every single country on that continent thats partnered with countries in the west or east are JUNIOR partners in their own deal...on their own land...for their own natural resources and minerals and you're concerned they don't think highly of African Americans??
No was just answering your question.

But I do look at it as why adapt that tribalism over here by identifying with that. Which is why I reinforce black instead of African.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster

This clown went from "PrOvE AfiCAnS be TaLKinG sMacK" to
"Africans talk shit about each other, what difference does it make" lol
:clown

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Didn't read thread but...

If yall rocking with that dumb shit in the title I'm tired of y'all BGOL niggas/brethren lol... just book a ticket to South Africa (Capetown or JoBurg) Tanzania, Zanzibar. Ghana (Kumasi or Accra), Namibia, or maybe Congo DR, or take your black ass to Nairobi, Kenya among many others... those are only the places I can speak to personally.

Stop listening to these internet personalities and niggas that never went for themselves. I actually love Cam & Mase show, shit is hilarious lmao! But realistically, a lot of y'all don't know the kind of love you'll get in the motherland. Real talk. I ain't even finna go back and forth with y'all about it tbh. I don't give af if you believe me or not. Just go see for yourselves. :yes:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This clown went from "PrOvE AfiCAnS be TaLKinG sMacK" to
"Africans talk shit about each other, what difference does it make" lol
:clown
what difference does it make? youre using that as a reason to deny the reality that you derive from that region in a real way.

5bf40721edc32196d7b8e8dd86032097.jpg

no matter how you FEEL west africa is still in your background babyboy.

No was just answering your question.

But I do look at it as why adapt that tribalism over here by identifying with that. Which is why I reinforce black instead of African.
theres tribalism here...every immigrant group has fucked up shit to about black people and we're all supposed to come together under the banner of AMERICAN. This is my point...if thats a criteria for why one identifies in the way they do then blacks shouldn't identify as american. Thats just following the logic of it.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
what difference does it make? youre using that as a reason to deny the reality that you derive from that region in a real way.

5bf40721edc32196d7b8e8dd86032097.jpg

no matter how you FEEL west africa is still in your background babyboy.

theres tribalism here...every immigrant group has fucked up shit to about black people and we're all supposed to come together under the banner of AMERICAN. This is my point...if thats a criteria for why one identifies in the way they do then blacks shouldn't identify as american. Thats just following the logic of it.

We identify as black American. From Smokey Robinson to Wesley snipes to Adam Clayton Powell to snoop dogg. What the immigrants do is they business. Please keep the tribalism and The colorism over there.
And there are groups such as “nation “ of Islam noi that have managed to form a nation of different tribes as one within that nation.

Last edited:

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm not sure why you chimed in since you dont have problem with either terms but all I'm saying is for the people who REJECT african American as an identity...with the exception of a specific country...their stated reasons really apply to EVERYONE in america.

As I said all descendants of immigrants in this country are culturally american...they dont speak the language, they arent familiar with the customs and have no desire to become accustomed. Theyve never been to the old country etc etc. The only way they even know their italian or pakistani or whatever is because someone in their family told them that and they bear an overall resemblance to those people in that place.

But all those factors that say African is not correct..they apply to the descendants of all immigrants too. So that makes that point moot.

Now the difference between black and African is Africa is an actual place on the map and black is not. If one can give wiggle room for black by saying its imperfect and confusing because of how people perceive the term then one can give that same excuse to the generalized term africa. And I explained why africa is used..it speaks to the loss of specific identity like nigerian or ghananian but unlike a color term it does point to the general place in the world these people came from.

And I don't understand why sub-Saharan Africans accept being called black in their own countries and lands.

peep this vid:

Godfrey is not Black. Neither is Trevor Noah..he's half Swiss-German and half south African specifically Xhosa...The Xhosa are a South African cultural group who emphasize traditional practices and customs inherited from their forefathers. Each person within the Xhosa culture has their place which is recognized by the entire community. Starting from birth, a Xhosa person goes through graduation stages which recognize their growth and assign them a recognized place in the community. Each stage is marked by a specific ritual aimed at introducing the individual to their counterparts and also to their ancestors.

And Trevor wants to boil all that down to the term black???

Why Africans claim that is mystifying to me considering they KNOW who they are and are in their own land. Using the term black Africans is as dumb as saying yellow Asian.

This is my last reply and I'm done. We've both expressed our thoughts on the topic and we aren't really adding anything of value.

The theard was about Cam's comments and while I didn't totally agree with his reasons/thoughts which some are saying were hyped here. I agree with identifying as Black culturally as opposed to your view point. Being respectful of someone's decision/thoughts doesn't mean I agree with it. In this instance I understand the point of view. I've stated multiple times I have a preference, but it's not that deep. I'm indifferent in that I don't care what you choose to call yourself. I'm not going to force my beliefs on to others or even high-level claim it as correct. All I'm interested in doing is explaining my point of view. I never have and likely will never refer to myself as African American. It's not out of disrespect to Africa and i acknowledge being a descendant. However, I value or take pride with the culture we've built here just like other African descendents globally.

In my opinion it's different for other African descendents, because they are the majority so their experience is slightly different than ours. They didn't need to build their esteem by directly identifying with Africa in the same manner we have in the US. For instance, regardless of the issues in Haiti, they still take great pride in being Haitian. We dont generally hold the US in the same regard, but to be fair most people here general aren't exactly patriots. People usually take pride in their respective state/city that the US as a whole.

Yes, there are people who generally don't practice in all aspects of their homelands culture. However, you are more so proving my point with that statement. If you are saying they identify as a US citizen, then exactly what are you debating? End of the day that is what I've been saying except with a focus on our achievements/experience. I don't even agree with that stance sense there are plenty of people who take part in their culture. For example, the Africans I know brought their dishes to work daily, on average they really into soccer, still listened to music from their artists, spoke the language, seriously practiced the religion etc.. in some cases, their kids were still in their homeland or the kids went back and forth between the US and their homeland, so they know the culture. It was more or less the same with people who I know from other places like India, Greece, Argentina, Brazil, China, Haiti, Barbados, the Philippines and Mexico off the top of my head. While my experience may not be universally true and I agree it doesn't always happen, we are not going to act as though this is a minority. Some of these groups have their own towns, generally live in certain areas and still form communities. Allegedly, part of the reason for Jeezy getting a divorce was related to cultural differences with his ex. So, even in situations where someone may not follow every tradition, they'll still uphold some core values which is clearly related to culture.

Is Jewish a place? So why would you make that the base of your argument the location or nationality of origin? Its an exception to what you are calling the rule. By the way another group that passes on the culture regularly that i personally know and we all see. No one uses the term yellow to identify Asians except maybe derogatory, so it's not the same. Aren't European descendents called White in the US similar to African descendents being called Black?

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
so much so that we defend and stand on a skin color designation cacs called us during slavery....think about that one.
Black wasn’t a term during slavery. In fact it was written you were considered white if you owned land until “black” started buying land. They changed the rule again.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is my last reply and I'm done. We've both expressed our thoughts on the topic and we aren't really adding anything of value.

The theard was about Cam's comments and while I didn't totally agree with his reasons/thoughts which some are saying were hyped here. I agree with identifying as Black culturally as opposed to your view point. Being respectful of someone's decision/thoughts doesn't mean I agree with it. In this instance I understand the point of view. I've stated multiple times I have a preference, but it's not that deep. I'm indifferent in that I don't care what you choose to call yourself. I'm not going to force my beliefs on to others or even high-level claim it as correct. All I'm interested in doing is explaining my point of view. I never have and likely will never refer to myself as African American. It's not out of disrespect to Africa and i acknowledge being a descendant. However, I value or take pride with the culture we've built here just like other African descendents globally.
again my argument and contention isnt to you since youre ok with both.. my points are people who refuse to acknowledge their african roots entirely.

In my opinion it's different for other African descendents, because they are the majority so their experience is slightly different than ours. They didn't need to build their esteem by directly identifying with Africa in the same manner we have in the US. For instance, regardless of the issues in Haiti, they still take great pride in being Haitian. We dont generally hold the US in the same regard, but to be fair most people here general aren't exactly patriots. People usually take pride in their respective state/city that the US as a whole.

the carribean examples are NQR because haitians dont promote their color in their identity either..you dont say black haitians you generally dont even think of them like that. No other country's people hypenates the way americans do. Its important that the immigrants that come to this country remember where they come from and they wear it openly.

And know this...this issue did NOT start with us...

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all ... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic ... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

- 1915, President Theodore Roosevelt in speaking to the largely Irish Catholic Knights of Columbus at Carnegie Hall on Columbus Day

note in 1915 there were no black americans...you how we and they identified ourselves back then? negroes/niggas Guess what we mostly identify ourselves as today....give you a hint..its not negro...

Yes, there are people who generally don't practice in all aspects of their homelands culture. However, you are more so proving my point with that statement. If you are saying they identify as a US citizen, then exactly what are you debating? End of the day that is what I've been saying except with a focus on our achievements/experience. I don't even agree with that stance sense there are plenty of people who take part in their culture. For example, the Africans I know brought their dishes to work daily, on average they really into soccer, still listened to music from their artists, spoke the language, seriously practiced the religion etc.. in some cases, their kids were still in their homeland or the kids went back and forth between the US and their homeland, so they know the culture. It was more or less the same with people who I know from other places like India, Greece, Argentina, Brazil, China, Haiti, Barbados, the Philippines and Mexico off the top of my head. While my experience may not be universally true and I agree it doesn't always happen, we are not going to act as though this is a minority. Some of these groups have their own towns, generally live in certain areas and still form communities. Allegedly, part of the reason for Jeezy getting a divorce was related to cultural differences with his ex. So, even in situations where someone may not follow every tradition, they'll still uphold some core values which is clearly related to culture.
my point is that culturally they identify as American but they still carry their place of origin in their identity. What you seem to be saying is because of the lack of specifics and knowledge of the countries in west africa. You'd rather use your skin color designation as a cultural identifier but color doesn't have a culture...thats the point of it.

And since none of us know the specifics of west africa then our history STARTS here (tho we clearly did not pop into existence in the new world.). Isn't that what a number of people have said and even YOU indicate?

The creation of race as a concept combined with the Atlantic slave trade really kinda created a whole new group of people.

You can say that other than the colonists, Blacks are the oldest group to live in the country BUT Blacks are the only group that can't specifically trace back our lineage to the old countries so Blacks are truly the only REAL Americans. Because by the 3rd gen of enslaved people there was already the loss of any connection to those African countries and peoples we derived from. You couple that with a strong influence from other cultures and peoples you have a new type of group...its not surprising hip hop came from us because we ARE what hip hop is...this amalgam of all kinds of influences that coalesced into a new type of thing.

Is it really surprising that many of the staple American musics are all Black created... whether its Jazz, Blues or Rock and Roll or Hip Hop etc And those genres are TRUE American inventions...created by TRUE Americans within a little over 100 years or so.

If africa is not right because we've never been there or no nothing about those countries...then black isnt right because its not a place nor has language or culture....riiiight??

So the only logical conclusion is just plain old unhyphenated American. Now try to sell that to black people and see what the reaction will be??
Is Jewish a place? So why would you make that the base of your argument the location or nationality of origin? Its an exception to what you are calling the rule. By the way another group that passes on the culture regularly that i personally know and we all see. No one uses the term yellow to identify Asians except maybe derogatory, so it's not the same. Aren't European descendents called White in the US similar to African descendents being called Black?
Yes jewish is a place its called israel and its a jewish state created in the 1940s specifically created to root them to a place on the map. its in their charter..theyre fighting over it right now.

My yellow example was to illustrate what a color identifier used as culture looks like when its outside of the black/white dynamic.. and it looks sad. You feel sorry for that "yellow" person. And black in Spanish and Portuguese is negro and guess how that was used? It wasnt a compliment.

As far as european/white is concerned..when you CREATE a social construct and give yourself the higher socio-political value in it..its not the same issue. The enslaved Africans didnt CHOOSE to be black. European descendants KNOW where they come from and who they are and STILL choose to be white...ever ask one why??? Try it and see what answer you get.

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok I forgot that you're a little slow so I'll explain it again in plain English.

Your whole shtick here is that it's all love from Africans, and I showed you proof that it is not.
These country's ALL have a negative word for Black Americans. Akata, jarreer, Abeed, etc.

Most are told to stay away from us when they get off of the boat. To not associate with us. That we are a lazy and violent people.

My question to you remains, if it's all good, then why is there decades of hostility towards us breh?
the only shtick here is the narrative yall r trying to force as if we dont live in the same world as u !
once again im not convincing anyone to be African ,ive said it a million times &yall still keep try to claim the opposite that tells u yall dont care for the truth or even listen bcos ure too caught up in ur narrative becos u desperately need believe it to maintain ur position ,, sorta like maggots who gets all the proof of drumpf being a fuck up, lying, failure of a president & they will come back to the same talking points !

u dumb narrative uve been clingin on to isnt working anymore, the cover is blown ! find a new taking point !
u speak as if black immigrants weren't attacked & mocked for being immigrants!
nobody told anyone to stay away from u !

Akata the word uve been harping on has nothing to do with u ! &the only time uve probably heard it is in a movie written by a An African American and somehow that equates to 2 billion ppl ! ?

yall just like to push that bs narrative to justify ur xenophobia, there approx 3 million immigrants which ones did u speak to or for ?

"decades of hostility"? from ppl like u who r hellbent on pushing their narrative! many back immigrants have stories of being bullied mock & attacked for being black immigrant ! did the form hategroups spewing xenophobic garbage a s a result ?

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If yall rocking with that dumb shit in the title I'm tired of y'all BGOL niggas/brethren lol... just book a ticket to South Africa (Capetown or JoBurg) Tanzania, Zanzibar. Ghana (Kumasi or Accra), Namibia, or maybe Congo DR, or take your black ass to Nairobi, Kenya among many others... those are only the places I can speak to personally.

Stop listening to these internet personalities and niggas that never went for themselves. I actually love Cam & Mase show, shit is hilarious lmao! But realistically, a lot of y'all don't know the kind of love you'll get in the motherland. Real talk. I ain't even finna go back and forth with y'all about it tbh. I don't give af if you believe me or not. Just go see for yourselves. :yes:
Y’all gotta stop falling for the click bait. What cam said was he been to Africa they fuck with us. But they don’t consider us real Africans. This thread title is click bait. And so are the comments in here. Because they know cam didn’t say they don’t f with us.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Y’all gotta stop falling for the click bait. What cam said was he been to Africa they fuck with us. But they don’t consider us real Africans. This thread title is click bait. And so are the comments in here. Because they know cam didn’t say they don’t f with us.
The issue I take with that is people using that as a reason to deny or refuse to acknowledge their heritage and lineage.

RUDY RAYYY MO

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

It ain't bout that. I've dated Habesha, Kenyan, Nigerian and have been treated well. We're specifically talking about the immigrants that come here talk shit bout FBA though the civil rights movement allowed here. Unappreciated tethering home country fleers

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s only genetic. We. Have nothing culturally from there. Especially the tribalism.
Thats ALL 2nd and especially 3rd gen children of immigrants. Fat tony narducci whose great grandma came over on the boat thru Ellis island is as Italian as you are right now...he doesn't speak Italian, never been to Italy..native Italians see him as an American and say that was disdain...and he has no interest in learning any of it.

According to everything y'all are saying genetically he's Italian but culturally hes not and therefore calling himself an Italian American is wrong.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
It’s always been Black Americans calling for unity with all black people around the world. Now, that shit is coming to an end! It’s always been one sided. Now, black Americans are delineating from everybody. Imagine how these non FBA groups will do without Black Americans. They’ll get eaten alive by white supremacy.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thats ALL 2nd and especially 3rd gen children of immigrants. Fat tony narducci whose great grandma came over on the boat thru Ellis island is as Italian as you are right now...he doesn't speak Italian, never been to Italy..native Italians see him as an American and say that was disdain...and he has no interest in learning any of it.

According to everything y'all are saying genetically he's Italian but culturally hes not and therefore calling himself an Italian American is wrong.
Same as Puerto Ricans. They call them nyuricans. But they do have family ties there still.
We don’t. My roots are in the south. For generations and land passed down thru generations.

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tell em again how black we are. So black we look purple. Say it again.

Did you pay her well?
She a laywer. Gets Black Americans out of Jail for a living. If she was American she would be a FPA. or Blue, or what do we call light skin niggas again? Yellow, Red? Or is this pattern of using a color to describe your color only stupid sometimes?

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It ain't bout that. I've dated Habesha, Kenyan, Nigerian and have been treated well. We're specifically talking about the immigrants that come here talk shit bout FBA though the civil rights movement allowed here. Unappreciated tethering home country fleers
Y'all mock Africans on the continent ! y'all literally mock Africans on the continent using white supremacist "talking points" yay even call them "tethers" ! pls stop nobody believes u !
we know u never dated anyone from Africa bcos all the fba ados talking points u seem to want to push would be a joke to u,
its like White ppl who always try to hide their bs with that "have a best friend who's black" speech ! pls stop !
no one needs ur "brotherhood" or understanding , just delineate already ! idk what taking y'all so long !
and all these "fleeing" talk , if they are fleeing then what is America& its imperialistic businesses interest doing in their countries & on their continent? the American interests that create that modern lifestyle of amenities & conveniences that u use to mock Africans with.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You Belizean right...this you? Why do yall join his Twitter spaces though you hate us...clowns

when u join a hate cult & want to justify ur hatred & xenophobic anti-black anti-afrikan anti-immigrant rherotic bs u try to project that "others hate u" so u can justify ur bs , sorry y'all not that smart to pull it off especially after years of digital fingerprints & paper trails taking orders from a failed pimp & a light bright lesbian boardmember of a white nationalist front of PFIR for the John Tanton white nationalist aims

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would know it. Based on the scripture.
That’s if I was a believer
but thats the thing....being a hebrew or jew is more a matter of ancestry, culture and values than of religious observance.

According to halakha, to determine a person's Jewish status (Hebrew: yuhasin) one needs to consider the status of both parents. If both parents are Jewish, their child will also be considered Jewish, and the child takes the status of the father (e.g., as a kohen).

If one of the parents is not Jewish, the rule is that the child takes the status of the mother . The ruling is derived from various sources including Deuteronomy 7:1–5, Leviticus 24:10, Ezra 10:2–3.[20] Accordingly, if the mother is Jewish, so is her child, and if she is not Jewish, neither is her child considered Jewish.

In Orthodox Judaism the child of a non-Jewish mother can be considered Jewish only by a process of conversion to Judaism.

That video you posted has everything to do with a connection thru ancestry, culture and values and nothing much to do with belief. Hebrew Israelites, 5 Percenters and all of that is generally referring to Black Americans as ANCESTRALLY and ETHNICALLY connected to the religion rather than belief.

In fact the main claim is Black Americans are those things even if they dont know it. Those who claim those groups CAME TO AN AWARENESS of it. That theyve been those things all along....not a conversion.

Thats why I keep saying that if you determine that a person is NOT african because according to you:

It’s only genetic. We. Have nothing culturally from there.

Same as Puerto Ricans. They call them nyuricans. But they do have family ties there still.
We don’t. My roots are in the south.

then following the logic of your argument a person can't claim hebrew or jew for the same reasons as well. If Black Americans are NOT African then we aren't those other things either and those people are fooling themselves. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

My contention is just as Jews determine that if you have a parent that's a Jew then you are too even if your don't practice it.... the same for your African ancestry...we are NOT that far removed from it than we cant say we have no connection whatsoever. Even your Nuyorican example illustrates my point. As an identity Nuyorican is essentially for Puerto Ricans what African American is for Black Americans....an amalgam and recognition that even tho we are assimilated Americans.. our roots are from someplace else.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
but thats the thing....being a hebrew or jew is more a matter of ancestry, culture and values than of religious observance.

According to halakha, to determine a person's Jewish status (Hebrew: yuhasin) one needs to consider the status of both parents. If both parents are Jewish, their child will also be considered Jewish, and the child takes the status of the father (e.g., as a kohen).

If one of the parents is not Jewish, the rule is that the child takes the status of the mother . The ruling is derived from various sources including Deuteronomy 7:1–5, Leviticus 24:10, Ezra 10:2–3.[20] Accordingly, if the mother is Jewish, so is her child, and if she is not Jewish, neither is her child considered Jewish.

In Orthodox Judaism the child of a non-Jewish mother can be considered Jewish only by a process of conversion to Judaism.

That video you posted has everything to do with a connection thru ancestry, culture and values and nothing much to do with belief. Hebrew Israelites, 5 Percenters and all of that is generally referring to Black Americans as ANCESTRALLY and ETHNICALLY connected to the religion rather than belief.

In fact the main claim is Black Americans are those things even if they dont know it. Those who claim those groups CAME TO AN AWARENESS of it. That theyve been those things all along....not a conversion.

Thats why I keep saying that if you determine that a person is NOT african because according to you:

then following the logic of your argument a person can't claim hebrew or jew for the same reasons as well. If Black Americans are NOT African then we aren't those other things either and those people are fooling themselves. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

My contention is just as Jews determine that if you have a parent that's a Jew then you are too even if your don't practice it.... the same for your African ancestry...we are NOT that far removed from it than we cant say we have no connection whatsoever. Even your Nuyorican example illustrates my point. As an identity Nuyorican is essentially for Puerto Ricans what African American is for Black Americans....an amalgam and recognition that even tho we are assimilated Americans.. our roots are from someplace else.
Your wrong. It’s more of lineage. Bloodline. Nobody said anything about Judaism. Or Jew”ish” That’s a religion.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Your wrong. It’s more of lineage. Bloodline. Nobody said anything about Judaism. Or Jew”ish” That’s a religion.
I thought you werent a believing man? :giggle:

and they stuff I posted is what various google searches say...any disagreements take it up with them...

BUT if you want to believe that lineage and bloodlines are real for that then its GOTTA be real for african american