CAMRON says he prefers to use the term Black American over African American because "Africans don't even f**k with us."

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
its a shame that he would rather accept a term that doesn't say anything about who or what he is and reject something that refers to his ancestry.

but that comes from not knowing..whenever you see a african american make such a statement its cry from pain.

The majority of so-called blacks in the USA were aboriginal or emigrated from Europe. That’s a fact.

It’s a shame you would rather accept a term and lineage that you know nothing about.

Stop reading fiction books like Roots and copying CIA assets like Jesse Jackson.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Because it’s an antagonistic relationship. If I’m black, and you’re white there’s a built in toxic relationship. When we say Nigeria, that’s a name a white man came up with that stuck. The idea of nationalism is another white man’s idea that stuck. So when you a black man confine himself to one of these ideas, it’s hard to look at them and not feel sadness. It’s like a fish caught in plastic.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because it’s an antagonistic relationship. If I’m black, and you’re white there’s a built in toxic relationship. When we say Nigeria, that’s a name a white man came up with that stuck. The idea of nationalism is another white man’s idea that stuck. So when you a black man confine himself to one of these ideas, it’s hard to look at them and not feel sadness. It’s like a fish caught in plastic.
People in Africa aren't black and even if the country and continent names are european derived the ethnic groups of those people are not. They are Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Kikuyu etc... Those are specific ethnic groups. It's not that they aren't just black... they aren't black at all. Africans aren't black as black and white are race terms and european concepts thats a purely social construct. It has socio-political value in western culture. And really shouldn't apply to africans in the way it applies to the american descendants of the african slaves.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
People in Africa aren't black and even if the country and continent names are european derived the ethnic groups of those people are not. They are Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Kikuyu etc... Those are specific ethnic groups. It's not that they aren't just black... they aren't black at all. Africans aren't black as black and white are race terms and european concepts thats a purely social construct. It has socio-political value in western culture. And really shouldn't apply to africans in the way it applies to the american descendants of the african slaves.
You can be Italian, Turkmenistan, or whatever over there. When you get here, it’s either youre white or you’re not.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It’s not ideal. What would you like to be called?
Because my great aunt use to tell of stories of when they was called colored ppl and she would say I'm not African American; I'm American but what I really am is Black

That was my favorite aunt really didn't know the difference of her being my Great Aunt just knew she was my Aunt May but hearing her repeat that from the time I could remember until she passed away when I was like 12,13 it always stuck in my mind

Reactions: PJN

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can be Italian, Turkmenistan, or whatever over there. When you get here, it’s either youre white or you’re not.
but thats a socio-political power play backed up by violence and force. Its no diference than the peoples of south america forced to speak spanish and worship a catholic god.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because my great aunt use to tell of stories of when they was called colored ppl and she would say I'm not African American; I'm American but what I really am is Black

That was my favorite aunt really didn't know the difference of her being my Great Aunt just knew she was my Aunt May but hearing her repeat that from the time I could remember until she passed away when I was like 12,13 it always stuck in my mind
Legal race making became a distinctive feature of Atlantic slave societies, reducing Africans and their descendants to “negroes,” “negros,” “nègres,” or “noirs,” subjects without history, honor, or genealogy. Blackness obliterated and flattened a multitude of cultures, languages, histories, and experiences into a single legally defined, socially constituted category of degradation.7 Across linguistic and imperial barriers, the law constituted “blacks” as social outcasts, conflating their social existence with enslavement. Legal prohibitions that applied to “all black men and women, free or enslaved,” or defined certain actions by “any black or mulatto” against “whites” as a crime, made blackness, rather than enslavement, the mark of degradation.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Legal race making became a distinctive feature of Atlantic slave societies, reducing Africans and their descendants to “negroes,” “negros,” “nègres,” or “noirs,” subjects without history, honor, or genealogy. Blackness obliterated and flattened a multitude of cultures, languages, histories, and experiences into a single legally defined, socially constituted category of degradation.7 Across linguistic and imperial barriers, the law constituted “blacks” as social outcasts, conflating their social existence with enslavement. Legal prohibitions that applied to “all black men and women, free or enslaved,” or defined certain actions by “any black or mulatto” against “whites” as a crime, made blackness, rather than enslavement, the mark of degradation.
Okay???

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cam is one of the most ignorant negro around mase had to put him place and save his ass.

Also he and his whole squad would be considered "tethers" by fba and ados lol smh dumb asses.

How? Juelz is black and Jim jones is Puerto Rican. Puerto Ricans are American. And cam never said anything about tethers. He just said he is black American not African American.

Last edited:

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cam ain’t say a lie at all. Godfrey who is Nigerian even said Africans don accept him. He had to got to Nigeria and have his aunt make him a dashiki to prove he from Africa :lol:
Been messing with a Yankee African (side chick) for 7 yrs
Her family don't accept her or her younger brother because they were born in America lol

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
its a shame that he would rather accept a term that doesn't say anything about who or what he is and reject something that refers to his ancestry.

but that comes from not knowing..whenever you see a african american make such a statement its cry from pain.
Why do you think Black American says nothing about who he is? It literally encompasses his lineage and identity. African American should be reserved for actual African born citizens or their first generation offspring who identify as such. Camron not claiming an assigned title to a continent that he nor ANY of his known relatives ever stepped foot upon is not a cry from pain. Its a sign of his ethnic and national pride. And its his choice.

And if you want to play the ancestral ties card, then if we go back far enough all of humanity should self identity as African based hyphenated nationalities. Considering all of humanity was birthed there.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wait you gotta explain what you saying her so I don’t rush to judgement