CAMRON says he prefers to use the term Black American over African American because "Africans don't even f**k with us."

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought you werent a believing man? :giggle:

and they stuff I posted is what various google searches say...any disagreements take it up with them...

BUT if you want to believe that lineage and bloodlines are real for that then its GOTTA be real for african american
No where did I say I am a believer.
I think you’re getting it confused. When I say believe I’m saying a believer in god. That concept comes from the Bible. And in the Bible according to it, an Israelite would be determined by bloodline. So if god is real which no one can prove nor disprove those people would be us.
But me I’m not a believer nor disbeliever cause no one can prove nor disprove that theory.
So the thing is if it’s true then we are those people if it’s not true then no one is them.

Which leads back to your actual question before you went off on a tangent.

Last edited:

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought you werent a believing man? :giggle:

and they stuff I posted is what various google searches say...any disagreements take it up with them...

BUT if you want to believe that lineage and bloodlines are real for that then its GOTTA be real for african american
What does google have to do with what the Bible says? General rule. If it ain’t in it, it ain’t of it.

When debating the Bible you cannot go outside the book. So says the book.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No where did I say I am a believer.
I think you’re getting it confused. When I say believe I’m saying a believer in god. That concept comes from the Bible. And in the Bible according to it, an Israelite would be determined by bloodline. So if god is real which no one can prove nor disprove those people would be us.
But me I’m not a believer nor disbeliever cause no one can prove nor disprove that theory.
So the thing is if it’s true then we are those people if it’s not true then no one is them.

Which leads back to your actual question before you went off on a tangent.
What does google have to do with what the Bible says? General rule. If it ain’t in it, it ain’t of it.

When debating the Bible you cannot go outside the book. So says the book.
I was joking about that..but the whole bloodline concept is exclusionary practice right... People can use that for anything and they do....for land, kingdoms, money etc..

but the bottom line is who black americans are at our core still traces back to west africa in a real way

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Africans taught to mess with everybody but black Americans. :smh:

this is why I said

considering that Africans talk shit about each other what difference does it make really?? If there was real unity on that continent it wouldn't look like does today. Damn near every single country on that continent thats partnered with countries in the west or east are JUNIOR partners in their own deal...on their own land...for their own natural resources and minerals and you're concerned they don't think highly of African Americans??

Thats why its important to NOT factor in their OPINION of us in terms of how we identify with our african heritage and use it.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn this is deep
And I think someone in here tried to attribute black Americans inventions to proximity to white people. No wonder they’re like that

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home To Nigeria In Moving Doc, ‘Ugo’

‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home To Nigeria In Moving Doc, ‘Ugo’​

While the world knows Antetokounmpo for his Greek nationality, popularly touted as the "Greek Freak," a nickname he's embraced, those closest to him call him "Ugo." It's the star's Nigerian name, as he's the son of parents Charles and Veronica Adetokunbo. They immigrated from Lagos to Athens, having to change their surname to Antetokounmpo in the process, and there, the star and three of his four brothers were born.

So this past summer, after missing out on the chance to visit Nigeria in 2020 due to the pandemic, Antetokounmpo and his mom, Vera, made the trek to his father's land. For his first trip to Lagos, the star was also accompanied by a film crew, including director Rick Famuyiwa, himself the son of Nigerian immigrants, to capture the experience for a new documentary done with WhatsApp, with whom Antetokounmpo has a partnership.

Fullscreen button
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...9deb84933408ebf&ei=21&fullscreen=true#image=2
‘Now I Know Who I Am’: Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes An Epic First Trip Home To Nigeria In Moving Doc, ‘Ugo’© Provided by Essence
"It was really, really special, to be able to show the world that at the end of the day, while everybody knows me as Giannis Antetokounmpo, the 'Greek Freak,' etcetera, etcetera, understand that my parents came from Nigeria," he tells ESSENCE. "All of our story started in Nigeria."

Antetokounmpo spoke candidly with ESSENCE about Ugo, balancing his Greek and Nigerian identities, and what took him so long to make it back home.

ESSENCE: Why was it important for you to team up with WhatsApp do this documentary, especially as someone who's been in the public eye with such a focus on your nationality and being Greek?

Giannis Antetokounmpo: I think, first of all, it was a great experience to be able to go back home and being able to team up with WhatsApp to make that happen. To be able to go back home and experience that with my mom and with my friends and to be able to meet my family members for the first time ever was a great experience. I think it was something that the world will want to see.

I have to ask, have you ever, on your social media, seen the conversations that are had between your Nigerian fans, and then your Greek fans who are like, "He's Greek! No, he's Nigerian!" Have you run across those back and forths?

Yeah, I have. I try to stay away from social media, but nowadays, it's hard to do that. But yeah, you don't need to go to social media to see that. I interact with a lot of people when I play games and you see the Greek flag and sometimes you see the Nigerian flag.

I understand where I come from. I understand that I have the Greek education, the Greek culture in me. I was born in Greece and everything, but going back to Nigeria, it felt right. I don't know how to explain it. I was able to get caught up in the rhythm of the way that people operate there.I've seen the conversation. I try not to pay too much attention. But for all those people, you can be both.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think Cam was correct and I agree with him. As far as the "Africans dont fuck with us" part, I wont say its 100%, but it is true in most cases.

You wont be able to see it if you live in a small town with little to no African immigrants, but for those that live in areas where the Africans are en masse, such as myself, the divisions are very visible.

Ex: The Nigerians even have their own church in Newark, as well as the Haitians in other parts of NJ. if we were all one family, then where is the "Black Diaspora Church"?.....exactly my sentiment.

With that being said, the descendants of U.S. chattel slavery are a distinct group, no different than the Jamaicans of Jamaica or Afro-Brazilians of Brazil. It's not a crime for us to delineate and push for recognition of our own ethnic group. You dealing with a group of people that been in North America for 500 years, and some of them even have genetic ties to Native Americans. In addition, some of the slaves came from the Phillipines, Madagascar, East India, etc. None the less all of these ancestors amalgamated under the banner and identity of being "Black", so yes "Black American" is more fitting than "African American".
Everybody has their own church. Churches is one way we showcase our distance away from poor people. The louder the worship, the destitute the congregation. If the church is quiet, then you know you can get a couple stock tips and insider trading there.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Africans taught to mess with everybody but black Americans. :smh:

pls stick to what u know & leave Africa out your narratives! , regurgitating FBA ADOS scripted xenophobic bs & attaching it to lumumba's message just shows what we know yall are about ,
ur so determined to push ur narrative no matter what!
u literally posted a video(not sure u watched it ) that said nothing about AfrAmericas ,the video & speech is about Africans who r literally in their home continent talking about surviving western onslaught somehow that becomes fuel for u to inject ur fba ados bs & somehow found a way to bash Africans
nothing in that video said anything about fba or ados!!! or the narrative yall so desperate to push about Africans hating African Americans

u literally r so determined to push r narrative that the video literally debunks & exposes u yet again about anything u have to say!
pls stick to anecdotal fba ados scripted talking points & leave Africans on their continent out of it , not that u would bcos u literally dehumanize them with ur fba ados white supremacist talking points & memes &phrenology & yall still call them tethers when they are in Africa 1000miles away & aren't involved in ur American lives in any way or shape

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think Cam was correct and I agree with him. As far as the "Africans dont fuck with us" part, I wont say its 100%, but it is true in most cases.

You wont be able to see it if you live in a small town with little to no African immigrants, but for those that live in areas where the Africans are en masse, such as myself, the divisions are very visible.

Ex: The Nigerians even have their own church in Newark, as well as the Haitians in other parts of NJ. if we were all one family, then where is the "Black Diaspora Church"?.....exactly my sentiment.

With that being said, the descendants of U.S. chattel slavery are a distinct group, no different than the Jamaicans of Jamaica or Afro-Brazilians of Brazil. It's not a crime for us to delineate and push for recognition of our own ethnic group. You dealing with a group of people that been in North America for 500 years, and some of them even have genetic ties to Native Americans. In addition, some of the slaves came from the Phillipines, Madagascar, East India, etc. None the less all of these ancestors amalgamated under the banner and identity of being "Black", so yes "Black American" is more fitting than "African American".
has anyone stopped u from running a black diaspora church ?
are u mad about Polish churches? German churches?
if ppl come to a country should they not speak their native languages ?
do u even undertand the immigrant story ?

this is basic social studies.. if ppl migrate from a culture that's not natively American and speak & understand their native languages better than the standard American English wouldn't it make sense to worship in a langauge they understand best? especially if they are older folks .
yall wanna make it seem as if folks came & decided they wanna segregate their church services even tho many foreign black kids grew up in a standard BlackAmerican church ,

its like u would complain that they segregate restaurants & dont eat solely at "soul food' restaurants , why wouldn't they have foods & restaurants that cater to their native tastes? u have Italian. Persian, Indian, German ,Spanish but folks will draw the line at an African restaurant and claim its segregating themselves

Haitian church services would be held in kreyol becos most of these ppl there r more fluent & understand the nuances of the message better in kreyol than in English especially for older folks who migrate in their 30s & 40s and whose main langauge for most of their lives is kreyol ! how does this basic view escape so many ppl?why shouldn't they worship in. language they understand best ? r u offering services in kreyol ? u think they're are no African American orgs in Africa? do u know why they would have that in Africa ? and do u consider that "segregating themselves from the local population ?

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
uve literally proved her point
No I didn’t. If you know anything about the moors. They actually civilized the Europeans. They actually travelled the Americas before the Europeans. They actually navigated the Europeans to the America's.
Puerto Ricans have a name for black people called Moreno. Which meant the moors.
Part 2
The technology of the pyramids were here before the Europeans arrived (Columbus). So to attribute our contributions to society to proximity Europeans is the most low self esteeem comment one could make.

Ps. I can’t believe I’m arguing with an A.I.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
has anyone stopped u from running a black diaspora church ?
are u mad about Polish churches? German churches?
if ppl come to a country should they not speak their native languages ?
do u even undertand the immigrant story ?

this is basic social studies.. if ppl migrate from a culture that's not natively American and speak & understand their native languages better than the standard American English wouldn't it make sense to worship in a langauge they understand best? especially if they are older folks .
yall wanna make it seem as if folks came & decided they wanna segregate their church services even tho many foreign black kids grew up in a standard BlackAmerican church ,

its like u would complain that they segregate restaurants & dont eat solely at "soul food' restaurants , why wouldn't they have foods & restaurants that cater to their native tastes? u have Italian. Persian, Indian, German ,Spanish but folks will draw the line at an African restaurant and claim its segregating themselves

Haitian church services would be held in kreyol becos most of these ppl there r more fluent & understand the nuances of the message better in kreyol than in English especially for older folks who migrate in their 30s & 40s and whose main langauge for most of their lives is kreyol ! how does this basic view escape so many ppl?why shouldn't they worship in. language they understand best ? r u offering services in kreyol ? u think they're are no African American orgs in Africa? do u know why they would have that in Africa ? and do u consider that "segregating themselves from the local population ?
wtf are you talking about. I’m talking about the video. Nicca said they embrace the Chinese the white man and the Indian. And they alls shitted on them.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have no idea what you mean. Are you saying th Haitian kid is making fun of Africans. I thought that was a shot at fba
I couldn’t imagine living in a world where one can blame the victim for being a victim while the perpetrator is right there.

Your posts have nothing to do with unity, self determination, collective work, collective economics, purpose, creativity, or faith.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I couldn’t imagine living in a world where one can blame the victim for being a victim while the perpetrator is right there.

Your posts have nothing to do with unity, self determination, collective work, collective economics, purpose, creativity, or faith.
my post is in a thread that has nothing to do with unity. It’s kinda the topic here.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So you see filth and instead of cleaning it up you toss some trash around it? Thats one kind of purpose.
Had I seen you take this stance to other post previously towards fba I might of taken you seriously. But since I haven’t, I gotta Throw your response in with the rest of the trash.